Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]

Read 10476 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Re: Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #46: Aug 20, 2022 11:58:36 am
      What makes you think it’s going to be a hard game? You’ve all openly said ( including me ) we’re sh!te. What’s suddenly change?

Well yes you are sh*te..well not you personally..but United will put up a fight in this game for sure. I generally try to assess teams in the moment because as you know form is fickle and teams, even United can suddenly find a bit of form. Sometimes an incident in a game can spark a fantastic reaction and can rejuvenate a teams whole season. Obvo the United game is still a big game and it is normally a battle. Of late we have dominated but United have been slaughtered by all hands since Brentford and I'd be surprised if United don't come out fighting.

No charge.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #47: Aug 20, 2022 12:09:15 pm
      Well yes you are sh*te..well not you personally..but United will put up a fight in this game for sure. I generally try to assess teams in the moment because as you know form is fickle and teams, even United can suddenly find a bit of form. Sometimes an incident in a game can spark a fantastic reaction and can rejuvenate a teams whole season. Obvo the United game is still a big game and it is normally a battle. Of late we have dominated but United have been slaughtered by all hands since Brentford and I'd be surprised if United don't come out fighting.

No charge.

It’s Liverpool, United always going to fight ( at least I hope so ) till the end as a rule. However, from what I’ve seen so often in the last 12 months is them switching off all to often. You lads go 1/2 nil up I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same again.

We’ve found no decent form for quite while now so can’t really see where your coming from with this one. On paper it’s a away win for you lot despite your indifferent start to the season.
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #48: Aug 20, 2022 12:19:09 pm
      It’s Liverpool, United always going to fight ( at least I hope so ) till the end as a rule. However, from what I’ve seen so often in the last 12 months is them switching off all to often. You lads go 1/2 nil up I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same again.

We’ve found no decent form for quite while now so can’t really see where your coming from with this one. On paper it’s a away win for you lot despite your indifferent start to the season.

Based on reaction. Not much else and if you don't show some fight in this game after Brentford you could be struggling to get in top 8-10. We have not hit top gear obviously and have a few injuries so even thou United are crap it still could be a close game.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Aug 20, 2022 12:25:28 pm
      Based on reaction. Not much else and if you don't show some fight in this game after Brentford you could be struggling to get in top 8-10. We have not hit top gear obviously and have a few injuries so even thou United are crap it still could be a close game.

Well let’s hope we turn up as a few of you sound worried. Hopefully it rubs off on your lads too.  ;D It would be nice to give you lads some stick for 5 days if we did pull off a win.  :D
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #50: Aug 20, 2022 12:37:55 pm
      Why is it funny? Why should keita play over elliot? What's funny is you thinking keita is any use to this team in the short or long term. He's doesnt deserve a place,  got no stomach for it and hasnt got the heart or desire. He's on his way out ... injured no doubt and the day can't come soon enough.

Elliot is the future and I'd rather see him or fabio in this team over 'naby lad' and they only thing he will be 'pressing' is his hand against his hammy, his head, his tooth or any part of his body and out for another 6 weeks.

You love keita ... no issue. I saw through and past him long ago.

How old are you ? He isn't injured is he so why the stupid false comments about being out for 6 weeks . I think he could play that position as good as Elliott not about loving anyone you welk just my opinion
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #51: Aug 20, 2022 12:53:04 pm
      Let’s just remind ourselves what we are up against, for those used to only watching since Sky invented football in 1992, look away now, but for the rest of us old cnuts, ENJOY, in particular Keith……

In the year of our Lord, BF (before Fergie) 1986, Manchester United were a mid table mediocre outfit struggling to beat the likes of Oldham, Bolton, Accrington…..Exactly, and sometimes Us, gone were the days where the busby babes were a distant memory and fans wore flares rather than light them, fish N chips got wrapped in news print, men were just men, and women were double breasted, wore passion killers and needed a enigma machine to reach the inner sanctum of their knickers, took me a month just to get a tit once, and fingering was a art form,🤣

What I’m getting at is this, that global institution that was Man Utd have done a Micheal Palin, and went full circle, for them everything came together like a jigsaw, Fergie took Aberdeen FC as far as he could, MUtants got extremely pissed off with big Ron and that leather coat, and the class of ‘92’ had just finished high  school, roll on six barren years and Voilà Sky invent this new fangled idea of wall to wall football and a brand new shiny premier league, so f**k the history of old, FOOTBALL starts here, with us, and our wee pals down at old toilet,

And there you have it, the global rise of a bog standard mediocre mid table slightly decent pub side into the upper echelons of European football, course, we’d been doing it for years before but that didn’t  matter anymore,

Now look at them, well and truly off their f***in perch, and we get the absolute joy of f***in them over yet again on Monday, we got 5 there last time, and took our foot off because of other more important events on the horizon, I remember being pissed off at that but then subsequently understood why !

Two seasons are never the same just like two games against these Kunts are never the same, I think we will win of course I do but I’d be happy just with a 0-1 as I would with 0-5, we just need to win and keep that gap to the fraudsters as small as possible.

1-3 Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Aug 20, 2022 01:16:12 pm
      Let’s just remind ourselves what we are up against, for those used to only watching since Sky invented football in 1992, look away now, but for the rest of us old cnuts, ENJOY, in particular Keith……

In the year of our Lord, BF (before Fergie) 1986, Manchester United were a mid table mediocre outfit struggling to beat the likes of Oldham, Bolton, Accrington…..Exactly, and sometimes Us, gone were the days where the busby babes were a distant memory and fans wore flares rather than light them, fish N chips got wrapped in news print, men were just men, and women were double breasted, wore passion killers and needed a enigma machine to reach the inner sanctum of their knickers, took me a month just to get a tit once, and fingering was a art form,🤣

What I’m getting at is this, that global institution that was Man Utd have done a Micheal Palin, and went full circle, for them everything came together like a jigsaw, Fergie took Aberdeen FC as far as he could, MUtants got extremely pissed off with big Ron and that leather coat, and the class of ‘92’ had just finished high  school, roll on six barren years and Voilà Sky invent this new fangled idea of wall to wall football and a brand new shiny premier league, so f**k the history of old, FOOTBALL starts here, with us, and our wee pals down at old toilet,

And there you have it, the global rise of a bog standard mediocre mid table slightly decent pub side into the upper echelons of European football, course, we’d been doing it for years before but that didn’t  matter anymore,

Now look at them, well and truly off their f***in perch, and we get the absolute joy of f***in them over yet again on Monday, we got 5 there last time, and took our foot off because of other more important events on the horizon, I remember being pissed off at that but then subsequently understood why !

Two seasons are never the same just like two games against these Kunts are never the same, I think we will win of course I do but I’d be happy just with a 0-1 as I would with 0-5, we just need to win and keep that gap to the fraudsters as small as possible.

1-3 Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A

Excuse me!!! #Billythecnut, Fergies babes still top of the perch with more league titles than you lot.  Come Monday you just might go missing for 5 days but I’ll hunt you down even if I have to come over the other side of the east lancs.  :f_whistle:
      DanMann

• 5,725 posts | 880 
      Reply #53: Aug 20, 2022 04:31:08 pm
      What makes you think it’s going to be a hard game? You’ve all openly said ( including me ) we’re sh!te. What’s suddenly change?

Because we've not played much better than you guys in the first 2 matches...  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #54: Aug 20, 2022 04:40:37 pm
      Because we've not played much better than you guys in the first 2 matches...  ;D

Grasping at straws their Dan.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Aug 20, 2022 05:02:32 pm
      think Keith has got his poker face on whilst on the phone to his bookie for a UTD win
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,942 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #56: Aug 20, 2022 05:15:04 pm
      think Keith has got his poker face on whilst on the phone to his bookie for a UTD win

Only a mug will back United. It was bad enough me changing my prediction result from 2-0 to you lot  to 2-1 for us voting with my heart.  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #57: Aug 20, 2022 05:43:27 pm
      This Monday night thing is doing my head in. Should be a 5.30 Saturday night game or a 4 PM Sunday kick off. Once or possibly twice a season but 2 on the bounce.

2 home games after this. Crunch these, 2 home wins should put us firmly back in the top 4.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #58: Aug 20, 2022 06:38:38 pm
      Must win game this.

Anything less I think we are out of a title race. And yes I know it's only 3 games but this season will be too competitive, only City have the squad to win it now unless we up our game.

Shame Mane left. I think if he stayed, and we signed a top midfielder we would challenge easily but it is what it is.
      Harrisimo

• 8,223 posts | 1387 
      Reply #59: Aug 21, 2022 10:32:05 am
      Could be problems if a protest goes ahead. Klopp has already said we should get the points if the game does not go ahead because of the protests. Can't see the League agreeing to that.

But some punishment should be levied against United..dock the 3 points off at the end of the season. Penalty points...or make them PLAY Harry 'the sloth' Maguire for the rest of the season..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloth#/media/File:Bicho-pregui%C3%A7a_3.jpg

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #60: Aug 21, 2022 10:40:18 am
      Why is it these pricks always plan to protest against us and run the risk of cancelling the game.

Also gives them a nice excuse as to why they will lose, oh the players minds weren't there oh the fans were missing.

Just demand more from your players, your owners do not force your players to be so sh*t do they.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #61: Aug 21, 2022 10:45:34 am
      Don't think the biggest game of the weekend should be getting shifted out to Monday night, needs to be the Sunday 4.30pm KO or the Saturday evening one at the very least.

As for the protest, if the game is called off for the second time in three years then we absolutely should be awarded three points.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #62: Aug 21, 2022 10:59:38 am
      It’s gonna be tough from the off. If they go 2 down, they’ll fold completely.
      One down and they’ll think they still have a chance.
      If we go one down, as ever we’ll fight till the bitter end, and will likely overcome.

I prefer the first option myself 😂
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #63: Aug 21, 2022 11:13:45 am
      If it is called off they should be forced to play the next 10 games behind closed doors.

Not sure about the idea of us being gifted the points. If we won the league by a point and we were awarded three of them it would tarnish our title. Replay the game. Any place. Any time.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #64: Aug 21, 2022 11:54:46 am
      I have a really bad feeling about this game. F***ing hate Monday night football when we’re involved
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #65: Aug 21, 2022 11:55:31 am
      If it is called off they should be forced to play the next 10 games behind closed doors.

Not sure about the idea of us being gifted the points. If we won the league by a point and we were awarded three of them it would tarnish our title. Replay the game. Any place. Any time.

Nah, I want the points
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #66: Aug 21, 2022 12:09:39 pm
      I have a really bad feeling about this game. F***ing hate Monday night football when we’re involved

Same as mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #67: Aug 21, 2022 02:54:51 pm

do you remember when you didnt have a bad feeling mate. Every game we play is tense best viewed from behind the sofa until we go four up  oh its UTD so it will be after 20 mins
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #68: Aug 21, 2022 02:55:43 pm
      Sucky to be on Monday during work hours but United look lost. Can’t afford to drop more points to teams we should beat with a cup team so I’m sure Jürgen will straighten them out.

Quick Reply