Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]

Read 9981 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #23: Aug 19, 2022 06:57:00 pm
      As I said in t'other thread..

Ali
      Trent Gomez VVD Robbo
      Naby Hendo Robinho
      Salah Diaz Milly.

I'm moving Diaz in off the wing and giving him licence to operate across the line. He is much more dangerous when he is let loose.
      Milner has played wide and I'm putting him in over Carvalho for his experience but it could work if Carvalho plays.

I expect a reaction from United so this could be a hard game. Odd goal in three to us.

Robinho ? Do you know something we don't?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #24: Aug 19, 2022 08:30:46 pm

Missed that . I was transfixed on the Milly front 3 proposal
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #25: Aug 19, 2022 08:36:52 pm
      We need to stop gifting the opposition the lead for starters.
      If we can score first for once it’ll silence the home crowd and uniteds fragile confidence will crumble more.

I think it’ll be a five goal thriller but I’m not sure who will come out on top. They are due a performance and our strikers are due a game where everything goes in.

Should be fun.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #26: Aug 19, 2022 08:50:29 pm
      We need to stop gifting the opposition the lead for starters.
      If we can score first for once it’ll silence the home crowd and uniteds fragile confidence will crumble more.

I think it’ll be a five goal thriller but I’m not sure who will come out on top. They are due a performance and our strikers are due a game where everything goes in.

Should be fun.

UNITED!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: Aug 19, 2022 09:18:20 pm

Keith a word of advice embrace the gloom and disappointments, the hope will only kill you as it sucks you and then blows you out after another defeat.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28: Aug 19, 2022 09:49:53 pm
      I think playing Monday puts more pressure on us if our closest rivals have won prior.
      We are clearly better than utd, but their pace is always a threat.
      We need a solid confident start, and hopefully an early goal. Then we can build on it as they will need to open up a bit.
      Even though they are at home, I expect them to be cautious and hope to catch us on the break.
      Couple that with the usual rivalry and anything can happen.
      Think it’s down to who makes the better start.
      I’m thinking 1:3 but mostly from the heart.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #29: Aug 19, 2022 10:46:10 pm
      The pressure is actually on us for this game. Their expectations are so low, it's a bonus if they get a point.

I still fancy us to take them apart.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Aug 19, 2022 10:56:07 pm
      Keith a word of advice embrace the gloom and disappointments, the hope will only kill you as it sucks you and then blows you out after another defeat.

Trust me I won’t coz use to it now. We go into the match expecting to lose so no pressure, that’s all on you lot.  ;D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31: Aug 19, 2022 11:22:14 pm
      Pressure game vs United, we have a lot of pressure (as silly as it sounds in game 3 if 38) but win here could be the spring us into a winning run.

Line up wise hard to say what changes will be made. I think Klopp might be cheeky and put Salah through the middle and play Elliott out in the right. Don't know how fit Firmino is but this is a lineup I could see

--------------------Alisson-----------------
      TAA------Gomez-----VvD----Robbo
      ----Hendo-----Fabinho-----Ketia---
      -----Elliott---------Salah---------Diaz
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #32: Aug 19, 2022 11:52:17 pm
      If we can get a goal first 10 minutes they'll just go to bits and self destruct. I can then see the floodgates opening and another 3 at least. Alternatively, if we concede in the first 10 we could all be in for a difficult night.
      Please please please be the first scenario.
      Seems a lifetime ago since the Palace game
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #33: Aug 20, 2022 03:53:32 am

No. He'll be injured again by Monday. If he can stay fit and avoid illness for the next couple of days I guess he will make the bench. But I'm not arsed if he isn't.

Big game for Gomez. He looked decent when he came on for Nat. He's hopefully not lost any of his pace ... its a big part of his game. If matip or konate were fit I'd be tempted to move Joe to RB and Trent into midfield. That's for another day.

I'd like to see Henderson alongside fabinho here to give us more protection. I'd like to see Harvey allowed to play further up and find pockets to get on the ball and create for the front 3. We're in desperate need of creativity in midfield. Give him abit of license when wd have it.

Fabio looks a prospect but is still settling in and will be an option from the bench.

At the very least on Monday it would be nice to not give up the first goal again. We need to stop doing this. A clean sheet would be great.

Utd will predictably up their game. Varane in for that carthorse should make them stronger. They have Ronaldo there and some pace up top. So we need to be focused and expecting a reaction.

Diaz should take some confidence from his goal and Mo likes playing against these. Hopefully we take our chances. Against Palace we didn't take some early chances and if we had we'd have got the 3 points.

We will be 7 behind city come Monday. A defeat would put us below utd. These scenarios are unthinkable and make this a pressure game, even more so than usual against these.

We have to win.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #34: Aug 20, 2022 07:18:50 am
      No. He'll be injured again by Monday. If he can stay fit and avoid illness for the next couple of days I guess he will make the bench. But I'm not arsed if he isn't.

Big game for Gomez. He looked decent when he came on for Nat. He's hopefully not lost any of his pace ... its a big part of his game. If matip or konate were fit I'd be tempted to move Joe to RB and Trent into midfield. That's for another day.

I'd like to see Henderson alongside fabinho here to give us more protection. I'd like to see Harvey allowed to play further up and find pockets to get on the ball and create for the front 3. We're in desperate need of creativity in midfield. Give him abit of license when wd have it.

Fabio looks a prospect but is still settling in and will be an option from the bench.

At the very least on Monday it would be nice to not give up the first goal again. We need to stop doing this. A clean sheet would be great.

Utd will predictably up their game. Varane in for that carthorse should make them stronger. They have Ronaldo there and some pace up top. So we need to be focused and expecting a reaction.

Diaz should take some confidence from his goal and Mo likes playing against these. Hopefully we take our chances. Against Palace we didn't take some early chances and if we had we'd have got the 3 points.

We will be 7 behind city come Monday. A defeat would put us below utd. These scenarios are unthinkable and make this a pressure game, even more so than usual against these.

We have to win.
      :lmao: .Funny you say Eliiott should be in pocket further up exactly where I think Naby should.be pressing and exploiting the uncertainty at back for them.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #35: Aug 20, 2022 09:05:55 am
      We should be 6 points on the board ready to humiliate the bottom placed club and pick up another easy 3 points.

But because of our own pathetic displays and lack of effort, we go into this match barely favourites. Utd know they have a chance now when they should be expecting failure. They will pick themselves up and go for this... and yet we will have to pick ourselves up too. A must win for both teams.

Fingers crossed this is the game when we finally start playing football. I miss Mane.  :f_wah:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Aug 20, 2022 09:14:17 am
      We should be 6 points on the board ready to humiliate the bottom placed club and pick up another easy 3 points.

But because of our own pathetic displays and lack of effort, we go into this match barely favourites. Utd know they have a chance now when they should be expecting failure. They will pick themselves up and go for this... and yet we will have to pick ourselves up too. A must win for both teams.

Fingers crossed this is the game when we finally start playing football. I miss Mane.  :f_wah:

Not sure I agree it’s a must game for both teams apart from the rivalry bit. We can’t win the league but you lot! can. I’m amazed at how many of you think it’s going to be difficult.  ;D

Personally I’m not as worried about his game as I was the last one, we’re expected to lose so anything but a loss will be a bonus.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #37: Aug 20, 2022 09:20:56 am
      :lmao: .Funny you say Eliiott should be in pocket further up exactly where I think Naby should.be pressing and exploiting the uncertainty at back for them.

Why is it funny? Why should keita play over elliot? What's funny is you thinking keita is any use to this team in the short or long term. He's doesnt deserve a place,  got no stomach for it and hasnt got the heart or desire. He's on his way out ... injured no doubt and the day can't come soon enough.

Elliot is the future and I'd rather see him or fabio in this team over 'naby lad' and they only thing he will be 'pressing' is his hand against his hammy, his head, his tooth or any part of his body and out for another 6 weeks.

You love keita ... no issue. I saw through and past him long ago.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #38: Aug 20, 2022 10:54:50 am
      Not sure I agree it’s a must game for both teams apart from the rivalry bit.

You guys can't afford to be on 0 points after 3 games. We can't afford to be on 2 points after 3 games.

A draw does neither of us any good either.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Aug 20, 2022 11:15:20 am
      there is no more pressure on us than any game as for more than 4 years now every game is a must win game if you want to challenge City the lads wont feel any more pressure than normal. The team under real pressure is UTD the crowd will be baying for blood if UTD go down early
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40: Aug 20, 2022 11:34:30 am
      I’d say the chances of a 5-0 to us or a dull 0-0 is like 50/50.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #41: Aug 20, 2022 11:39:41 am
      there is no more pressure on us than any game as for more than 4 years now every game is a must win game if you want to challenge City the lads wont feel any more pressure than normal. The team under real pressure is UTD the crowd will be baying for blood if UTD go down early

I can’t agree at all Walt, pressure defo on you lot. We can’t win anything this yeah whereas you can. Only thing we get is bragging rights for 5 days.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #42: Aug 20, 2022 11:40:13 am
      I’d say the chances of a 5-0 to us or a dull 0-0 is like 50/50.

I’ll take a 0-0
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Aug 20, 2022 11:42:10 am

Sorry Fabinho...hit the wrong key..anyway Diaz across the line..yea or nay..
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #44: Aug 20, 2022 11:47:54 am
      It will be a very hard game, they won't crumble this time. It could end up 1-1 but we could nick it 1-2.

Bobby will be in if he's fit but if he's not I'm giving Diaz licence to play across the front 3, Jota like, I think this lad has the quick feet needed in tight situations and isn't used to the best effect out wide. Very often drifts out of the game and his skills are wasted.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45: Aug 20, 2022 11:50:06 am
      It will be a very hard game, they won't crumble this time. It could end up 1-1 but we could nick it 1-2.

Bobby will be in if he's fit but if he's not I'm giving Diaz licence to play across the front 3, Jota like, I think this lad has the quick feet needed in tight situations and isn't used to the best effect out wide. Very often drifts out of the game and his skills are wasted.

What makes you think it’s going to be a hard game? You’ve all openly said ( including me ) we’re sh!te. What’s suddenly change?

Quick Reply