Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]

Read 10537 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #69: Aug 21, 2022 03:23:38 pm
      Excuse me!!! #Billythecnut, Fergies babes still top of the perch with more league titles than you lot.  Come Monday you just might go missing for 5 days but I’ll hunt you down even if I have to come over the other side of the east lancs.  :f_whistle:

Aw poor Keith, still thinks that f***in shambles of a club still sit on their f***in perch, just goes to show how deluded those sorry ass MUtants are, last time I looked we had won more silverware overall so no Keith your shambolic bottom feeders are so far off their perch the wood that would make it is still a sapling,

Let’s see who goes missing once we sort your lot out Monday….again!!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #70: Aug 21, 2022 04:35:01 pm
      Whatever happens tomorrow and i pray for a win utd will struggle for top 8 and we are in a fight for 4th again.

City just too good
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #71: Aug 21, 2022 04:35:13 pm

Aw poor Keith, still thinks that f***in shambles of a club still sit on their f***in perch, just goes to show how deluded those sorry ass MUtants are, last time I looked we had won more silverware overall so no Keith your shambolic bottom feeders are so far off their perch the wood that would make it is still a sapling,

I cant ever imagine having to use Everton as a foil for our misgivings at UTD now use City. I wonder if the UTD faithful plan another invasion and accept a 3-0 loss as a good result as Bob Dylan once said "the times they are a changin".
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #72: Aug 21, 2022 04:53:04 pm
      I cant ever imagine having to use Everton as a foil for our misgivings at UTD now use City. I wonder if the UTD faithful plan another invasion and accept a 3-0 loss as a good result as Bob Dylan once said "the times they are a changin".

They are a changin...
      But sadly united still have more league titles than us and I doubt we will ever be dominant again as long as city and their riches continue to evolve.

But we are better than united as it stands and are in a much better position as a club, regardless of tomorrow’s result.

But I remember in the 90s and even a little into the 2000s when our fans would sing ‘18 titles..’ because that’s what matters most to us. When we get to 20, because of our European success, I’d agree we are back on our perch. But while we stay on 19.... the perch is theirs.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #73: Aug 21, 2022 05:07:44 pm
      They are a changin...
      But sadly united still have more league titles than us and I doubt we will ever be dominant again as long as city and their riches continue to evolve.

But we are better than united as it stands and are in a much better position as a club, regardless of tomorrow’s result.

But I remember in the 90s and even a little into the 2000s when our fans would sing ‘18 titles..’ because that’s what matters most to us. When we get to 20, because of our European success, I’d agree we are back on our perch. But while we stay on 19.... the perch is theirs.

Was surprised the other day, saw a stat that said City have the 3rd most league titles in English history - not sure if true, it had them on about 8 I think (actually that surely can’t be accurate as Arsenal will have won more than that).

Regardless though it is modern football, stats and records are accumulated so quickly these days and all you get is the BBC making their stupid Facebook posts absolutely lording it as some amazing achievement.  Clubs that have been historically successful are being caught up with their records in the space of 10-12 years and no one sees an issue with it? Everything has been cheapened and it’s turned me off, never have I been less interested in footy at the start of a season.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #74: Aug 21, 2022 05:11:44 pm
      Was surprised the other day, saw a stat that said City have the 3rd most league titles in English history - not sure if true, it had them on about 8 I think (actually that surely can’t be accurate as Arsenal will have won more than that).

Regardless though it is modern football, stats and records are accumulated so quickly these days and all you get is the BBC making their stupid Facebook posts absolutely lording it as some amazing achievement.  Clubs that have been historically successful are being caught up with their records in the space of 10-12 years and no one sees an issue with it? Everything has been cheapened and it’s turned me off, never have I been less interested in footy at the start of a season.

Same as me. It’s not as appealing at all anymore.
      As for city being third most successful team... premier league perhaps? Not sure.
      But the obscene money has ruined pretty much every league.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #75: Aug 21, 2022 05:13:26 pm

Very true Sir and Newcastle, the latest money club are 2-1 up over the Mancheater moneybag club.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #76: Aug 21, 2022 05:16:16 pm

Didnt you know the was no such thing as football pre premier sky
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #77: Aug 21, 2022 05:17:13 pm
      Same as me. It’s not as appealing at all anymore.
      As for city being third most successful team... premier league perhaps? Not sure.
      But the obscene money has ruined pretty much every league.

Just googled it - they’re 5th in the all time list with 8, Arsenal are 3rd with 13. Whole games been ruined in my opinion, I want us to win every game obviously but I find I meet all our results with a bit of a shrug these days and then get on with my day, mostly watch our games so I can spend some time with my dad.

Anyway, enough misery from me, I still hope we absolutely spank the mancs tomorrow night!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #78: Aug 21, 2022 05:20:30 pm
      Just googled it - they’re 5th in the all time list with 8, Arsenal are 3rd with 13. Whole games been ruined in my opinion, I want us to win every game obviously but I find I meet all our results with a bit of a shrug these days and then get on with my day, mostly watch our games so I can spend some time with my dad.

Anyway, enough misery from me, I still hope we absolutely spank the mancs tomorrow night!

That’s not misery! Putting your family first is always the best choice imo.
      I’ll only watch it now if I have zero plans.

But yeah, a big win tomorrow would be good
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #79: Aug 21, 2022 05:20:46 pm
      Stones just landed a 4 arm smash on a Newcastle player in the area and nothing is given..HT... New 2 City 1
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #80: Aug 21, 2022 05:44:12 pm
      New 3 City 1..
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #81: Aug 21, 2022 05:55:32 pm
      New 3 City 3..Newcastle defending like...well the way Newcastle do..
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #82: Aug 21, 2022 06:13:38 pm
      Geordies were on the wrong end of some pulsating 4-3 's against us, let's hope they can get one against Shitty.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #83: Aug 21, 2022 06:42:46 pm
      So, not quite what shorty expected was it.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #84: Aug 21, 2022 07:10:50 pm
      If teams actually go at City they have a chance. 2 points dropped. St Max certainly fancies his chances and if Newcastle had a bit of composure they might've held on.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #85: Aug 21, 2022 07:17:28 pm
      Back to the business in hand. Win at the bog and we are only 2 points adrift of Pep with 2 home games coming up, second one v Newcastle and St Max.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #86: Aug 21, 2022 07:19:28 pm

I’ve yet to go missing nor will I win - draw or lose. This manc can take it like a man, not like some of you lot who sulk and fall out with each other in match threads. You can learn a lot off me.   :P
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2022 07:25:31 pm by Keith Singleton »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #87: Aug 21, 2022 07:22:29 pm
      They are a changin...

See!!! this is what I like about some of you lot!  :) You don’t hide being rose tints, you don’t hide behind passion, you say it because it’s true. Pity we lack posters like this more often.

+ 1
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #88: Aug 21, 2022 07:24:29 pm
      We need to win tomorrow to close the gap with City. We need it!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #89: Aug 21, 2022 07:25:33 pm
      If teams actually go at City they have a chance. 2 points dropped. St Max certainly fancies his chances and if Newcastle had a bit of composure they might've held on.

I doubt we will see other teams play as well as Newcastle did today against City this season. But at least the have given other teams a blue print to how to get them sweating.

Spurs will have a great chance to take points of them I think.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #90: Aug 21, 2022 07:27:03 pm
      Whatever happens tomorrow and i pray for a win utd will struggle for top 8 and we are in a fight for 4th again.

City just too good

City were complaciant today, could've gone horribly wrong, like it has for us. class side
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #91: Aug 21, 2022 07:47:32 pm
      See!!! this is what I like about some of you lot!  :) You don’t hide being rose tints, you don’t hide behind passion, you say it because it’s true. Pity we lack posters like this more often.

+ 1

if you want to align yourself with Uncle Bob good luck to you. The day their isn't a bias towards our club on a LFC forum then time to call it a day because the snowflakes will have removed all the passion from sport your'e not a snowflake are you Keith.

Quick Reply