Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]

Read 9970 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Pre-match: Man United v Liverpool; Premier League [Monday, Aug. 22, 8 p.m.]
      Reply #115: Aug 22, 2022 11:55:10 am
      Hearing some noises from across the trenches that Maguire may be dropped for the Mancs. If so will make our game less easy (0-2 instead of 0-3)  ;D

Hotpoint on the blink again :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #116: Aug 22, 2022 12:10:04 pm
      How the f**k did you get 3 plusses for this? Didn't know you could plus yopurself!!

Come onnnnnnn you Reds, batter these muppets!

Stop moaning you Aussie tw*t, your getting as band as that Yank.  :P
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #117: Aug 22, 2022 12:30:03 pm
      Gone for a 1-1 draw. We're not playing well and Nunez is one less option we have. Relying on Bobby to come good, great, but if it's more of the same, we may struggle up front. Also, if there's one game the Utd staff and players would look for to kick start their season, it's this game.

I have a feeling the first 15 minutes* are going to be absolutely insane as both teams look to stamp their authority on the game.

*Assuming there are no Mancs getting the game postponed by protesting. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2022 12:41:41 pm by Rush »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #118: Aug 22, 2022 01:09:44 pm
      Stop moaning you Aussie tw*t, your getting as band as that Yank.  :P

Band on the run?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #119: Aug 22, 2022 02:15:08 pm
      Gone for a 1-1 draw. We're not playing well and Nunez is one less option we have. Relying on Bobby to come good, great, but if it's more of the same, we may struggle up front. Also, if there's one game the Utd staff and players would look for to kick start their season, it's this game.

I have a feeling the first 15 minutes* are going to be absolutely insane as both teams look to stamp their authority on the game.

*Assuming there are no Mancs getting the game postponed by protesting. 

this is their biggest home game and probably the biggest TV audience an ideal opportunity to protest so I am wondering what they have planned

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #120: Aug 22, 2022 02:37:47 pm
      this is their biggest home game and probably the biggest TV audience an ideal opportunity to protest so I am wondering what they have planned

I don't deny their fans the right to protest but it should be before the match, outside the ground or unfurl their banners etc but any mass protest involving pitch invasion during the game or at half time is not on. By all means leave it till the game is over..then they can swarm all over the feckin' place.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #121: Aug 22, 2022 02:51:32 pm
      Head can’t keep going to a draw… so that’s what I’d put my money on… but hopefully the heart wins and it’s a 5-0 win, if not postponed by the rats under the old toilet.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #122: Aug 22, 2022 03:53:38 pm
      Salah is gonna run riot again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #123: Aug 22, 2022 03:56:46 pm

Paul McCartney and the wings.  :f_whistle:
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #124: Aug 22, 2022 03:59:00 pm

Bland on the run..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #125: Aug 22, 2022 03:59:09 pm

This is why it’s this game if it does happen which I don’t think it will anyway.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #126: Aug 22, 2022 04:23:39 pm
      This is why it’s this game if it does happen which I don’t think it will anyway.

Keith, if the game does go ahead, reckon the players will be better or worse for the fans protesting? Way I see it is if I was a player I would want the full backing of the fans on the day, I wouldn't be thrilled with games being called off or trying to get games called off when you are desperate to start winning again and getting some confidence back because the fans are protesting. Surely it just makes it harder for the players and puts them in an even more uncomfortable position?

All for protesting if that's what fans want to do, they will have their reasons for doing it whether other fans agree with them or not, just as we would, but I don't think we'd ever go as far as trying to get games called off with it, what's that going to solve apart from potentially result in points being awarded to other teams and making it an even tougher ask for the players to get results. The fans moan about how bad the team are but then expect them to get wins and perform when they play so why risk the team already having to try and claw back another 3 points?

Personally when we drop points I cant wait for the next game to hurry up and kick off, try and put things right and turn things around and it was the back in the days of H&G with Woy. Hated the situation the club was in, the management etc but come kick off, all I was bothered about was getting a 3 points and hopefully picking up some form. Off field matters like ownership isn't going to be resolved by protesting and intentionally trying to get games called off IMO, it just adds to an already volatile situation.

But that said, I'm happy for us to take 3 points and keep all our players fit if your fans do get in the way of the match kicking off.

Don't think it's any coincedence that when stadiums were empty yous lot played better, because you Mancs are a toxic set of supporters. If the fans decided to boycott the stadium I think that would have a bigger impact, the team would probably start playing better and then it's hitting the owners pocket big time. Empty stadium for a season, that's more likely to get results on and off the pitch with your lot.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2022 04:34:05 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #127: Aug 22, 2022 04:38:48 pm
      Keith, if the game does go ahead, reckon the players will be better or worse for the fans protesting? Way I see it is if I was a player I would want the full backing of the fans on the day, I wouldn't be thrilled with games being called off or trying to get games called off when you are desperate to start winning again and getting some confidence back because the fans are protesting. Surely it just makes it harder for the players and puts them in an even more uncomfortable position?

All for protesting if that's what fans want to do, they will have their reasons for doing it whether other fans agree with them or not, just as we would, but I don't think we'd ever go as far as trying to get games called off with it, what's that going to solve apart from potentially result in points being awarded to other teams and making it an even tougher ask for the players to get results. The fans moan about how bad the team are but then expect them to get wins and perform when they play so why risk the team already having to try and claw back another 3 points?

Personally when we drop points I cant wait for the next game to hurry up and kick off, try and put things right and turn things around and it was the back in the days of H&G with Woy. Hated the situation the club was in, the management etc but come kick off, all I was bothered about was getting a 3 points and hopefully picking up some form. Off field matters like ownership isn't going to be resolved by protesting and intentionally trying to get games called off IMO, it just adds to an already volatile situation.

But that said, I'm happy for us to take 3 points and keep all our players fit if your fans do get in the way of the match kicking off.

Don't think it's any coincedence that when stadiums were empty yous lot played better, because you Mancs are a toxic set of supporters. If the fans decided to boycott the stadium I think that would have a bigger impact, the team would probably start playing better and then it's hitting the owners pocket big time. Empty stadium for a season, that's more likely to get results on and off the pitch with your lot.

I’m with you on your first paragraph totally for the reason you quite rightly state. Their idiots and just sending us more backwards than what we are already.  It’s frightening to even think ( what happens next ) of the implications if match is voided because of the fans.

Not that I’d like it but would fully understand if 3 points award to you lot if it doesn’t go head.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #128: Aug 22, 2022 05:13:18 pm
      I’ve yet to go missing nor will I win - draw or lose. This manc can take it like a man, not like some of you lot who sulk and fall out with each other in match threads. You can learn a lot off me.   :P

Can’t see redcafe members hanging out the f***in bunting right now Keith can you, maybe it’s why you seem to spend more time in a LFC forum rather than your own, no forum will have posters all agreeing with each other hence why we debate, cajole, piss take, abuse and w*nk lyrical over each other’s opinions, so no, we won’t learn F**k all from you except perhaps how not to be loyal to your own !!

Ye Manc Cnut!!!

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #129: Aug 22, 2022 05:20:47 pm
      when we had twit and tw*t we had agents all over the world waiting to annoy them and we did. We aren't the biggest team in the world with their fanbase all over the Glazers in the US.
      Chelsea in for Slabhead if you believe that Tuchel has really flipped.
      Just cant see anything but Mo and Diaz destroying them tonight only this time no foot of the gas
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #130: Aug 22, 2022 05:33:16 pm
      Firmino seems to have good games against United - I can see him bagging a couple
      He has scored in one game out of 14 against them hardly setting the World on fire
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #131: Aug 22, 2022 05:41:10 pm
      He has scored in one game out of 14 against them hardly setting the World on fire

Exactly. We're better off without him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #132: Aug 22, 2022 05:45:56 pm
      Must Win.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #133: Aug 22, 2022 05:47:08 pm

Nor do I, putting all rivalry aside, just for a mo, remember all the turmoil we went thru with H&G, this is kind of similar except that the Glazers have pumped money and then more money and then even more money into that club, so you can’t blame the owners, but you can blame the owners for putting inept custodians and the wrong people in there, it’s their ineptitude that has brought about what can only be described as a monumental disaster,

Post bacon face the fall from their perch has been catastrophic, and the good thing is, no f**ker seen it coming, or if they did, did F**k all to stop it, to me they were doomed the moment Bog eyes Moyes got the gig, they, inept tw*ts, never gave him enough time, setting in place a managerial merry go round of which it’s yet to settle,

As for the delusional MUtants, they can protest all they f***in want, it won’t shift the Glazer’s on, not  Buying next season’s season tickets, not buying anymore Merch, from retailers or their own shop, will make a statement for sure, but the only way is to get around the table and thrash it out, can’t see a rich enough buyer taking over that poisoned chalice, so if your stuck with what you have, negotiations are the only way forward,

Really can’t see a mass exodus tonight, if enough disruption happens enough to stop, cancel or abandon the game we should get the three points awarded, and further points reductions to Munts !!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #134: Aug 22, 2022 05:56:34 pm
      Seen them all swamping their new signing who their owners have just shelled out 70m on and 350k a week and then running to other side of ground to protest against them  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #135: Aug 22, 2022 06:03:21 pm
      see the slagging off of Liverpool players has started before a ball has been kicked nice. Hope Bobby plays a blinder and all the other lads too YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #136: Aug 22, 2022 06:09:03 pm

Can’t see redcafe members hanging out the f***in bunting right now Keith can you, maybe it’s why you seem to spend more time in a LFC forum rather than your own, no forum will have posters all agreeing with each other hence why we debate, cajole, piss take, abuse and w*nk lyrical over each other’s opinions, so no, we won’t learn f**k all from you except perhaps how not to be loyal to your own !!

Ye Manc Cnut!!!

Y  N  W  A

I love you too you scouse Cnut
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #137: Aug 22, 2022 06:18:07 pm
      Any news of them scrotes causing issues yet?

Quick Reply