Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson Becker
      5 (8.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (8.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      21 (33.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      10 (16.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      8 (12.9%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      10 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Voting closed: Aug 26, 2022 09:54:22 pm

Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24188 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Re: Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #966: Aug 23, 2022 01:12:01 pm
      I'm just venting tbh.
      No way Barca would sell Gavi or Pedri, they're the future for that midfield.

It's negligent to have the issue in midfield now, through injury or ageing
      and think we'll wait for a player again.

They could sell pedri, according to their forums. He has been injured and they need the money.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #967: Aug 23, 2022 01:21:17 pm
      Wasn't Konrad Laimer a player worth looking at, and in final year of contract.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #968: Aug 23, 2022 01:39:44 pm
      They could sell pedri, according to their forums. He has been injured and they need the money.

He's only injured because Spain and Barcelona have over played the kid.
      That 20/21 season when he played almost every game and then the Olympics.

He'll end up like Michael Owen if they don't look after him.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #969: Aug 23, 2022 01:48:27 pm
      Unlike the last couple of poor results I have taken some time to reflect on this one.

While the game was going on I know I kept banging on about Milner and Bobby but what is actually my bigger worry is our defence. The back four last night apart from Gomez all looked shattered. Gomez for me was the only individual who looked like he wanted to put a shift in both defensively and in going forward trying to make something happen. I am starting to get worried about how frequently teams are able to open us up with 2 or 3 simple passes, yes we play a high line, but we have never been as exposed as we have been recently, something needs to change.

Milner & Henderson, it is common knowledge that this duo simply does nothing for us in midfield. I have seen Hendo getting a bit of stick for his performance but in all honesty he was doing what he normally does, showing for the ball and trying to get us forward. Milner on the other hand just seemed to be all over the pitch with no real intention other try get involved, but it was erratic and he hardly ever was in control of the ball or even his own bloody actions. I really do hope this is the last we see of this duo in our midfield, I know injuries have forced Klopp's hand but Carvalho would have been more than capable to start in Milners place.

Bobby is just not the same anymore, it takes him far too long to get into the game, if we had Jota in that first half I honestly think we would have went in with the lead but unfortunately Bobby just doesn't have the consistency we need for him to be starting for us. Again, no fault of Klopp's really as Nunez was the one who nutted someone. I think Diaz showed glimpses of his brilliance but I am getting worried about whether he is going to be able to play like Mane did, making the instinctive runs in behind and getting at defenders with his runs. He did have a moment with Trent's Crossfield pass but his partnership with Robbo doesn't seem quite there. For whatever reason he looks to take the ball with his back to a defender, rather than look to get in behind the defender with a run, I hope the coaches can see this and help. Salah wasn't at his best but managed to get a goal, that's what the best players do.

So now to Klopp, I get that starting 11's aren't always going to be right and especially with the amount of injuries we had, but I think starting Henderson and Milner just sends the wrong message out. We needed to be going for them, we needed fresh blood in Carvalho, I would have had him in that three, considering the injury to Naby, but hindsight is a great thing. What disappointed me the most from Klopp last night was his inability to make the changes at the right time, the game was screaming out for Bobby and Milner to come off, more so Milner in my opinion. Every time he was on the ball he was laboured and looked like losing it, he instilled 0 confidence in those aorund him and was actually giving VVD a bollocking when he should have looked a bit closer to home. As soon as Carvalho and Fab were on we saw a real difference in our play, we had purpose in midfield, we want to get the ball forward and in behind their lines of midfield and defence. Just a shame it happened too late.

All in all, the season is not over, we are not out of the title race just yet, but before we can even think about a title race we need to fix this rot. We need consistency in winning games, we need to go back to basics and defend well and start getting back those clean sheets, we need to cement ourselves in the top four and see where we go from there.

YNWA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #970: Aug 23, 2022 02:18:49 pm

If the solution is Henderson and Milner then another player needs to be signed and not necessarily Jude Bellingham.

Isn’t he the best fit for the way you play racer? How do you rate Jude? If he does go to Liverpool I already know his signature tune.  ;D
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #971: Aug 23, 2022 02:36:21 pm

So now to Klopp, I get that starting 11's aren't always going to be right and especially with the amount of injuries we had, but I think starting Henderson and Milner just sends the wrong message out. 
      The whole post was a good read, well I'd rather be reading it after a win obviously. This whole Henderson Milner/midfield... how many years of everyone's life have we been saying this? Like 6 or more?! Fans are observant and not ooo you're not the manager so don't comment on it, so why the hell doesn't the manager already know this? I seriously do not get it, ok whoa solid midfield to defend the defenders must have been the thinking. Half the fight is putting fear into the opposition and those two players just wouldn't other than Milner clumping into you acting hard.
       Without Thiago in the team who is getting on a bit, we have Hend, Miln, fab not exactly going to provide any, not many... any chances for the forwards, they're not even protecting the defenders these days either.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #972: Aug 23, 2022 02:57:53 pm
      Isn’t he the best fit for the way you play racer? How do you rate Jude? If he does go to Liverpool I already know his signature tune.  ;D

The song is already written so that's enough surely.

No doubt he's the best fit given his age and profile but he's got 3 years left on his contract
      so it's not just a case of throw money at Dortmund.
      I can't imagine they'd even answer the phone any time soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #973: Aug 23, 2022 03:03:30 pm
      The song is already written so that's enough surely.

No doubt he's the best fit given his age and profile but he's got 3 years left on his contract
      so it's not just a case of throw money at Dortmund.
      I can't imagine they'd even answer the phone any time soon.

Not this year no but summer next year I think he’s premier league bound.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #974: Aug 23, 2022 03:04:49 pm
      I’m guessing just like with VVD they don’t want anyone else and will wait for Bellingham but I don’t know if there are any other options around to also come in ?

But who is to say Bellingham will come the will be many after him and do we just right off this season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #975: Aug 23, 2022 03:07:07 pm
      But who is to say Bellingham will come the will be many after him and do we just right off this season

I can only guess that they have been given some inclination from the player
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Re: Live: Man Utd v Liverpool
      Reply #976: Aug 23, 2022 03:13:56 pm
      Look at Trent for the first goal he was awful, his defending is a joke, he doesn’t follow the United attacker Gomes gets dragged over and Trent instead of moving inside and cover Gomez he casually walks over ok Virg doesn’t cover himself in glory but Trent was awful and teams are targeting him. Perhaps he may be suited to a more attacking role  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #977: Aug 23, 2022 03:38:33 pm
      Look at Trent for the first goal he was awful, his defending is a joke, he doesn’t follow the United attacker Gomes gets dragged over and Trent instead of moving inside and cover Gomez he casually walks over ok Virg doesn’t cover himself in glory but Trent was awful and teams are targeting him. Perhaps he may be suited to a more attacking role  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Trent has never been consistent at defending, most of us know he’s at his best attacking defenders.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Reply #978: Aug 23, 2022 03:41:10 pm
      Another thing why the F**k wasn’t Fernandez booked and sent off for time wasting after the Liverpool goal. Referees are useless in another game a player will be sent off for what he did double standards yet again
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #979: Aug 23, 2022 04:21:54 pm
      Another thing why the f**k wasn’t Fernandez booked and sent off for time wasting after the Liverpool goal. Referees are useless in another game a player will be sent off for what he did double standards yet again

He is one rat F**k, diving to get a yellow, whinging and moaning all the time, if the ref had a bollox that would've been another yellow.  Horrible little f**ker.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #980: Aug 23, 2022 04:58:28 pm
      He is one rat f**k, diving to get a yellow, whinging and moaning all the time, if the ref had a bollox that would've been another yellow.  Horrible little f**ker.

Its true!! not the rat bit but if he wasn't already on a yellow he'd defo had got one.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #981: Aug 23, 2022 05:37:29 pm
      Another thing why the f**k wasn’t Fernandez booked and sent off for time wasting after the Liverpool goal. Referees are useless in another game a player will be sent off for what he did double standards yet again
      He wasn't booked because the ref knew he'd have to send him off and that of course would have brought the spotlight down on him, which was a too much of a burden, so he abdicated his responsibility and just pretended nothing happened....The spineless sh*tbag
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,109 posts | 83 
      Reply #982: Aug 23, 2022 06:33:05 pm
      Pep was quite right: City and its Sheikhs want to win more than us. Therefore they went for the best available (Haaland) while we trust Klopp to make more out of good but not super good players to gain profit. Our owners are like the Glazers, just less obvious. What could Klopp have done and won, what could he do and win if we had those Sheikhs from City? We would dominate the world, literally. Coulda woulda shoulda.

It will be a very long season. If I was Klopp I would probably begin to think about this season as transitional to give guys like Carvalho and Elliott main spots in the team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #983: Aug 23, 2022 06:41:08 pm
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Reply #984: Aug 23, 2022 06:49:16 pm
      Nearly every forward pass to a Liverpool player last night was to a player with his back to the goal the was no movement at all
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #985: Aug 23, 2022 06:49:32 pm

Think we would have got him this window Keith if your noisy neighbours hadn’t got Haaland, rated very highly of course and your spot on he’s perfect for us, whether we land him next season or not is anyone’s guess,….

Can you explain to me where that performance form your lot came from cos I can’t, we were woefully sh*te but can’t take anything away from the Munts, for me your lot wanted it more, were hungrier, and were first to every ball including the second, thought though you started to wane, on the hour or so, the intensity your lot played at was quite impressive even though it chokes me to say it, however, as good a result against us as it was, I would doubt your lot could get as fired up playing the likes of Forest, and certainly didn’t against either Brentford or Brighton,
      Papering over the cracks is all well and good short term or for a one off gung ho 95mins, but in reality your still eons behind ourselves and those noisy Cnuts next door,

A point I wanted to raise before last night was, would leaving out Ladyboy & Slabhead actually be a positive step, as it turns out it probably is, I think Slabhead is out of his depth, stripping him of the captaincy could be another positive thing, not that I give a F**k, but just putting it out there to see what reaction there is or isn’t, thought he was a steady eddy at Leicester and that’s his level imo, anyhoo fair play for doing us over, fully deserved your win, and that’s the last compliment from me ye Manc Cnut,……..

……there normal service has resumed !! 💋
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #986: Aug 23, 2022 07:33:07 pm
      Iwrote some scathing comments which were born out of anger, but we really do need to work on our defence Van Dyke has not started this season, get it sorted lad, looked Maguiresque instead of attacking the ball, stood there with his hands behind his back, and Sancho just sidefooted past him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #987: Aug 23, 2022 07:35:34 pm

Think we would have got him this window Keith if your noisy neighbours hadn’t got Haaland, rated very highly of course and your spot on he’s perfect for us, whether we land him next season or not is anyone’s guess,….

Can you explain to me where that performance form your lot came from cos I can’t, we were woefully sh*te but can’t take anything away from the Munts, for me your lot wanted it more, were hungrier, and were first to every ball including the second, thought though you started to wane, on the hour or so, the intensity your lot played at was quite impressive even though it chokes me to say it, however, as good a result against us as it was, I would doubt your lot could get as fired up playing the likes of Forest, and certainly didn’t against either Brentford or Brighton,
      Papering over the cracks is all well and good short term or for a one off gung ho 95mins, but in reality your still eons behind ourselves and those noisy Cnuts next door,

A point I wanted to raise before last night was, would leaving out Ladyboy & Slabhead actually be a positive step, as it turns out it probably is, I think Slabhead is out of his depth, stripping him of the captaincy could be another positive thing, not that I give a f**k, but just putting it out there to see what reaction there is or isn’t, thought he was a steady eddy at Leicester and that’s his level imo, anyhoo fair play for doing us over, fully deserved your win, and that’s the last compliment from me ye Manc Cnut,……..

……there normal service has resumed !! 💋

Can I explain? Not really Billy but I can hazard a guess but that’s all. For me ( some may say I’m biased ) it’s the biggest derby in the world, correct me if I’m wrong? Is this the most watched league match in world football? If that isn’t enough of a platform for players to show their best then it’s time for the players to fcuk off.

Rashford was re vitalised and ran rings round his England team mate Trent arguably had one of his worse games in a Liverpool shirt. I’ve already stated your team highly depleted due to injuries is one of the significant reasons why we also had the edge on the nite.

Also I think the team is highly fatigued still due to last years success, hence the poor start to the season.

I think leaving Ronaldo & Maguire is Ten Hag putting his stamp on going forward, wouldn’t surprise if offers came in before transfer window closes they both go. Ten Hag obviously now thinking long term which most definitely rules out Ronaldo. As you know Maguire has been one of the worse signings United could of made, reminds me of when you lot also paid a fortune ( at the time ) for Andy Carroll who was also a flop.

Now the $64 million dollar question like you said is can we repeat it? Honestly!!! i don’t think so. All I can say in our defence is Ten Hag is so highly rated within the United camp they do think they have it right this time.

Time will tell but as a manc I’m well and truly sitting on the fence ( don’t mind the splinters ) and not getting carried away with last nites win. Don’t get me wrong beating you lot made it extra special just as it would of been if you beat us to put another nail in our coffin.

I’m fully expecting normal service to resume  weekend so will continue to milk the 5 days with my Scouse friends, not just on here  but also my poker mates.   ;D
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #988: Aug 23, 2022 07:43:34 pm
      My last pissed off post on this disastrous start. Wasnt it nice to be the team that not only sancho (who is crap) and frigging rashford got their careers back on track but the whole F***ing club

Quick Reply