Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Why have we made such a slow start?

Read 15239 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Why have we made such a slow start?
      Reply #92: Sep 07, 2022 09:43:03 am
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #93: Sep 08, 2022 10:08:35 am
      These lads just can't be bothered.

I'd drop Trent from the squad until he shaves off his dreads and assures the team that he has changed. The lad is still acting like he is modelling for his Summer Instagram photos.

Drop Salah to the bench indefinitely. He does not deserve to be in the team and he needs to know we won't accept his attitude anymore.

Drop Gomez to the reserves. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first team even in training. Giving him an extended contract was a joke.

Those 3 have the worst attitude in the squad as far as I can tell.

If any of these 3 play the next match then Klopp is not ready to change.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #94: Sep 08, 2022 01:54:02 pm
      you might want to look at your forum name.

As I said, our cycle has ended and it happens with every Great team. All teams need to keep investing and re building

You really need to take the blind specs off and analyse in an impartial way and not with a can of alcohol and playing football manager

Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #95: Sep 08, 2022 06:25:29 pm
      How much of not being able to top City has it taken out of this team? Maybe mentally they're finished feeling like no matter what we do we won't win it anyway
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #96: Sep 08, 2022 07:23:17 pm
      Pep Linders put what he learnened  in a f***in book, so the world knows how to play us
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #97: Sep 08, 2022 07:29:17 pm
      Mo's payrise has unsettled everyone, but Trent does not look interested, not put him the bench, but drop him as in not on the teamsheet with Salah
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 713 
      Reply #98: Sep 08, 2022 07:35:20 pm
      We're missing Peak Henderson and Peak Gigi. Our replacements Keita and Thiago are injury prone. Trent looks like he's playing with an injury or mentally gone (he's cost us a number of goals), too many injuries in other areas (Jota). Nunez got sent off.

Thats what i think anyways.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #99: Sep 08, 2022 07:40:15 pm
      Pep Linders put what he learnened  in a F**kin book, so the world knows how to play us

The world already knew how to play us....except before we were just better than them in spite of it. Now, not so much.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #100: Sep 08, 2022 07:56:13 pm
      So your saying we stood still, perhaps,but no reason to give clues. Don't write another until you've left Knobhead, How clueless is that ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #101: Sep 08, 2022 08:00:10 pm
      So your saying we stood still, perhaps,but no reason to give clues. Don't write another until you've left Knobhead, How clueless is that ?

If you’re not joking then I’ve heard it all now. I’m sure Ljinders writing a book didn’t exactly give away any clues on how to beat us. Teams hire people to analyse the opposition and I very much doubt that entails reading a book to get the answers.
      We’ve played the same way for years now, it doesn’t take the most tactically gifted to figure out that to have half a chance all you have to do is sit back and look to exploit our stupidly high line.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #102: Sep 08, 2022 09:27:17 pm
      If you’re not joking then I’ve heard it all now. I’m sure Ljinders writing a book didn’t exactly give away any clues on how to beat us. Teams hire people to analyse the opposition and I very much doubt that entails reading a book to get the answers.
      We’ve played the same way for years now, it doesn’t take the most tactically gifted to figure out that to have half a chance all you have to do is sit back and look to exploit our stupidly high line.

In your opinion, why are we not playing as a team. Why is Trent looking like plays for Tranmere ( No Diissrepect), no one looks arsed, it looks like Salahs contract has affected everyone
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #103: Sep 08, 2022 09:43:24 pm
      Isn't Virgil also looking very suspect?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #104: Sep 08, 2022 09:47:07 pm

Yep he is. Not sure if it's his injury or maybe he and Trent both are loving their own publicity too much.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #105: Sep 08, 2022 10:23:37 pm
      In your opinion, why are we not playing as a team. Why is Trent looking like plays for Tranmere ( No Diissrepect), no one looks arsed, it looks like Salahs contract has affected everyone

I’ve already said my opinion of why on an earlier post.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #106: Sep 09, 2022 01:45:42 am

Must be waiting for Matip or Konate to be named his CB partner.

Joel starts next game no matter what.

Can't have Joe on the pitch at the moment.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,276 posts | 762 
      Reply #107: Sep 09, 2022 06:54:23 am
      Need to improve in every department, starting with the defence. All successful sides need a good defence, not giving silly goals away !
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #108: Sep 09, 2022 02:50:23 pm
      Fixtures getting postponed is probably good news for us even if it is going to add to the congestion. Jürgen gets a bit more time to get it sorted for the Ajax game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #109: Sep 09, 2022 03:59:55 pm
      As I said, our cycle has ended and it happens with every Great team. All teams need to keep investing and re building

You really need to take the blind specs off and analyse in an impartial way and not with a can of alcohol and playing football manager

you mustn't have read many of my posts but I still keep the faith. As far as our cycle has ended after 6 games really when we did so well last season ? we are struggling for fit quality players in midfield but that will improve and even with what we have now Jürgen will get them fighting again and top four is probably our goal now but lets give it a bit more time before we just give up
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #110: Sep 09, 2022 04:38:40 pm
      We're missing Peak Henderson and Peak Gigi. Our replacements Keita and Thiago are injury prone.

It doesn't get talked about much, but we really miss Gini.  His energy in midfield and his ability to always be in the right place to apply the press and keep the team compact haven't been replaced. 

Another thing that doesn't get talked about enough is just how F***ing good Joel Matip is.  He is easily in the top 5 CB in the Prem, and missing him next to Virg has been disruptive.  Add the fact that Gomez has been abysmal and it ends in disaster. 

Trent has been sh*te in defense - no argument.  But, this isn't anything new.  In my opinion, the bigger cause for why we are being exposed more regularly at the back is due to the failings of our midfield -- no pressure on the ball and allowing teams to exploit our high line is the primary issue.  Also, Trent did have a great pass when we were 1-0 down against Napoli, but Mo miscontrolled the pass when he really should have put the ball in the net.  It may not have changed the result, but he is still producing some incisive passes in the attack, but they are mostly being squandered....

As sh*t as Mo has been, he's earned the right to get the chance to play himself back into form. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #111: Sep 09, 2022 04:56:35 pm
      Gomez has been quite solid and improving but Trent really left him exposed many times on Weds. Joe will not play when Konate and Joel are fit which is fine but Trent now has to decide where he goes from here he looks lost and he was shockingly lazy on Weds.
       Mo doesnt have a right to his place his form this year 2022 has been woeful disastrous we had 3 finals he and the team did  not score in one of them.~I would drop Trent , Mo, Joe, Milner, Fabinho but we dont have a strong enough squad to replace all of them
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #112: Sep 09, 2022 05:02:29 pm
      you mustn't have read many of my posts but I still keep the faith. As far as our cycle has ended after 6 games really when we did so well last season ? we are struggling for fit quality players in midfield but that will improve and even with what we have now Jürgen will get them fighting again and top four is probably our goal now but lets give it a bit more time before we just give up

Walton, the cycle hasn’t ended after 6 games. Our players are now picking up injuries due to their age and intensity, it’s all due to the same reason. We had to bring in some young blood to refresh the midfield like we did with our attack

I have faith we will get top 4 but this will be a painful season. Because to me getting 3rd or 4th is painful. We clearly need Thiago fit for example, but the issue is we got Henderson who has become injury prone and we know Keita is a half arsed player who is happy to pick up pay cheques from home and don’t get me started on ox

It happened to United, to Barcelona and others. When we don’t refresh players with quality, you drop off, why is it a big deal to state this ? It’s the reality
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #113: Sep 09, 2022 05:24:19 pm
      Gomez has been quite solid and improving but Trent really left him exposed many times on Weds. Joe will not play when Konate and Joel are fit which is fine but Trent now has to decide where he goes from here he looks lost and he was shockingly lazy on Weds.
       Mo doesnt have a right to his place his form this year 2022 has been woeful disastrous we had 3 finals he and the team did  not score in one of them.~I would drop Trent , Mo, Joe, Milner, Fabinho but we dont have a strong enough squad to replace all of them

Gomez improving  :o Christ I’m not having that mate he’s sh!Te. The odd good game but let’s you down so so may times. He should be on your transfer list but happy if Klopp agrees with you and keeps him.  ;D

Never seen Trent play so bad consistently at the moment. He’s arguably going through his worse spell as a Liverpool player.  I still stand by one of the reasons your playing poorly( amongst others ) I’d fatigue in your side.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #114: Sep 09, 2022 06:39:07 pm
      It may be fatigue , failing to add serious quality to the squad in the last few windows is also a factor, u can never sit still as a squad or staleness creeps in sadly it has .

Quick Reply