Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Why have we made such a slow start?

Read 14976 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Why have we made such a slow start?
      Reply #161: Sep 20, 2022 08:20:17 pm
      Tell ya what la, Liverpool fans are some greedy f**king bas**rds.

We're three wins, one draw and a defeat from our last five games. Three consecutive wins at Anfield in all competitions. 14 goals scored to 6 conceded. Most teams would give their right arm for a run like that.

Alright the results and performances immediately following the Charity Shield weren't quite what we wanted or expected. But since defeat at Old Trafford, we've been on a decent run - Napoli aside where the entire side was shocking. And every side during the season has a bad spell, we've got ours out the way. So now we're just gonna go into the mode where we tw*t everybody in our sights and by the time the world cup rolls around, we'll be sitting pretty at the top of the table.

Here’s hoping Dunlop 👍😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #162: Sep 22, 2022 04:33:50 pm
      Tell ya what la, Liverpool fans are some greedy f**king bas**rds.

We're three wins, one draw and a defeat from our last five games. Three consecutive wins at Anfield in all competitions. 14 goals scored to 6 conceded. Most teams would give their right arm for a run like that.

Alright the results and performances immediately following the Charity Shield weren't quite what we wanted or expected. But since defeat at Old Trafford, we've been on a decent run - Napoli aside where the entire side was shocking. And every side during the season has a bad spell, we've got ours out the way. So now we're just gonna go into the mode where we tw*t everybody in our sights and by the time the world cup rolls around, we'll be sitting pretty at the top of the table.

What I wonder is how many fans would jump ship if we did have a mediocre season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #163: Sep 22, 2022 04:43:03 pm
      What I wonder is how many fans would jump ship if we did have a mediocre season.

Once a Red always a Red, should be the motto, of all genuine fans !
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #164: Sep 22, 2022 04:55:05 pm

The opposite would happen on the board. It would be swarmed with Newdawn's of the world crawling from under their rock like they always do when things don't go well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #165: Sep 22, 2022 05:02:37 pm
      Followed LFC since 1965, no chance of walking the plank now, so to speak !
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #166: Sep 22, 2022 05:42:48 pm

About..2..

Our fan base is loyal. Born a red..die a red.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #167: Sep 22, 2022 06:51:20 pm

Would sum up the fair weather cu*ts.

One season, try pretty much going a mediocre decade like the 90s. That would test the patience of the wannabe fans.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #168: Sep 22, 2022 08:20:45 pm

On this forum, not many I'd say...somewhere like Reddit though.....tons.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #169: Sep 22, 2022 08:56:00 pm

The only upside to having a bad season. You realise who the good supporters are.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #170: Sep 22, 2022 09:26:05 pm

Are you kidding, I cant see anyone jumping ship, we are reds, we've seen the bad before the good, and if anyone does, their not true Reds, so F**k OFF
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #171: Sep 22, 2022 09:42:24 pm
      I know loads of Evertonian's (related to quite a few of them) who are diehard loyal, year in, year out..... and they're never going to win a carrot.
      Your club is your club.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #172: Sep 23, 2022 02:12:31 am
      Are you kidding, I cant see anyone jumping ship, we are reds, we've seen the bad before the good, and if anyone does, their not true Reds, so F**k OFF

What it would do is separate the wheat from the chaff, the true supporters from the bandwagon jumpers. I think there are more of those out there than maybe people realize. When I first visited Liverpool and fell in love with the club in the late 90s, we had good teams but  not really great teams for a number of years. But I loved it more and more each time I came back to visit the city and see a match.

These past few seasons the teams have been GREAT. If this year's group ends up just being good or even very good, the glory hunters will drift away (from the greatest club in the world).

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #173: Sep 23, 2022 06:41:20 am
      I think we will bounce back when more players become fully fit. We have been playing poorly this season but only by own high standards, to say the least !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #174: Sep 23, 2022 09:09:54 am
      Like ive said before.

Very busy period coming up, lots of points to gain.

Lets see where we are when the break for WC comes around, I predict we will back in top 4 minimum and through to knock out stages of champions league.

Probably still in League cup too.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #175: Sep 23, 2022 07:05:12 pm
      Like ive said before.

Very busy period coming up, lots of points to gain.

Lets see where we are when the break for WC comes around, I predict we will back in top 4 minimum and through to knock out stages of champions league.

Probably still in League cup too.

WTF. You mean we aint going for all 4 again  >:D >:D >:D
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #176: Sep 23, 2022 07:25:44 pm
      What it would do is separate the wheat from the chaff, the true supporters from the bandwagon jumpers. I think there are more of those out there than maybe people realize. When I first visited Liverpool and fell in love with the club in the late 90s, we had good teams but  not really great teams for a number of years. But I loved it more and more each time I came back to visit the city and see a match.

These past few seasons the teams have been GREAT. If this year's group ends up just being good or even very good, the glory hunters will drift away (from the greatest club in the world).

Don't think we have many glory hunters. Your club is your club as someone said above. I've never known anyone to change their club of the footy supporting people I know and suspect it only happens for people who aren't really big into football. We have always had and will always have a massive and overwhelmingly loyal support base.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #177: Sep 23, 2022 07:32:52 pm
      Don't think we have many glory hunters. Your club is your club as someone said above. I've never known anyone to change their club of the footy supporting people I know and suspect it only happens for people who aren't really big into football. We have always had and will always have a massive and overwhelmingly loyal support base.

I know of one person that that tells me he changed from being a United supporter to City. He’s called Tommy Gallagher ( used to player poker a lot ) he has two sons called Liam & Noel. He’s a big gambler, or was. Not seen him in years, apparently won’t leave his house now for fear of eviction.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #178: Sep 24, 2022 09:13:32 am

WTF. You mean we aint going for all 4 again  >:D >:D >:D

Fa cup starts January I think . So yea all 4. ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #179: Sep 24, 2022 01:24:28 pm

they're not called fans though . It may well be a transition year bedding in new players and a new formation, but we will still be relevant in the mix for silverware winning silverware is a good habit
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #180: Sep 24, 2022 02:43:58 pm

Thankfully though, a lot of our supporters all over the world are genuine Liverpool fans and will stick by us through thick and thin. And it's why we remain the biggest club in the world and why clubs like Chelsea and City will always be small clubs in my opinion because they don't have that global loyal fanbase. They have the ones who support those clubs for a week then change allegiance because somebody else is top of the League.

And I highly doubt if any club, other than Liverpool, could sell out the MCG and have 95,000 Aussies belt out their club's song.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #181: Sep 26, 2022 06:54:51 pm
      Been a stuttering start anyway. The Old biddie popping off, now these feckin' Internationals.

V Germany...No TAA...Southgate..mmm...c ud say he only got a chance because they gave the job to that feckin' eejit Fat Sam..

Did well enough but needs a win tonight..
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #182: Sep 26, 2022 08:46:27 pm
      Lazy performance by England. Germany building almost up to the pen area with no pressure on the ball. Defensive looking line up. 9 hours since England scored in open play. No real belief in this team. Few chances but only 35% possession.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #183: Sep 26, 2022 08:59:27 pm
      Harry " The Sloth" Maguire gives the ball away then boots a German in the area..penalty...0-1.

0-2..Havertz..

Southgate brings on 2 attackers..but takes off 2 attackers...keeps the back 5...mmm...

1-2..Shaw.....2-2...Mount..

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2022 09:46:26 pm by Harrisimo »

Quick Reply