Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v AFCB?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      5 (6.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      49 (62.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      18 (23.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2022 04:53:15 pm

Liverpool 9-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12084 times
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Re: Liverpool 9-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Aug 27, 2022 08:43:47 pm
      You clearly haven’t watched the boy play apart from the most recent times while he’s been injured or off form.
      How old are you, 10, 12 maybe ?

Need to get a grip mate. Every player on the planet will go through lean times, but the class is always there.

The guy hadn't scored at home in over 18 months. He's been sh*te to say the least. Had an amazing game today and good on him.

And no you're wrong, I'm 13.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #346: Aug 27, 2022 08:56:03 pm
      The guy hadn't scored at home in over 18 months. He's been sh*te to say the least. Had an amazing game today and good on him.

Nah F**k that. Firmino is the bollocks. He’s getting a run of games now and will show his worth
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #347: Aug 27, 2022 09:09:18 pm
      Wanted to give several players 'man of the match' as that was such a great TEAM performance from all the lads today and a great mix of scorers as well.

Right from the off you could tell they were up for it and Bournemouth just had no answer to our brilliance, every time we attacked it looked like we'd score.

It's all about patience and confidence, the first few games were a bit of a non-starter but now we can kick on from here and the barcodes and the bitters will be worried sick :lmao:

NINE goals....they deserve massive credit. superb stuff lads  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #348: Aug 27, 2022 09:11:33 pm
      Firmino or Diaz MOTD for me wanted to go Diaz but gave it to Firmino because I haven't saw that guy in such a long time, and people picking out old comments because of the obvious change in the player is just weird and self indulgent when today's game was a very big surprise, a load of things happened which were unusual but good and deserved by the way players and the team played.
        Don't think I'm good at all this fandom thing because he has been sh*te for ages and was a great player and still may be for a bit but is getting on, we had a massive result, did we do massively well? Yes, is it massively because they weren't good or because we never gave them a chance?
        All this haha you said this thing about a player ten months ago and I said no but it took 10 months for me to bring that comment up to go haha told you so is so petty and distracting from actual football talk of this game today.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #349: Aug 27, 2022 09:12:11 pm

Not seen the match yet but wouldn’t make a difference how well he’s played today some of your fellow reds  been bit hard on you.  As you rightly say he’s had a difficult 18 months or so where there’s no doubt he’d lost his spark for whatever reason.

Granted your comments ( anyone better that Firmino ) bit harsh but can see where your frustrations come from as a outsider.  If he can go on from here then all well and good, time will tell.

Give your man a break lads his reasons and many others valid based on the last two years showings.  Remember! One swallow doesn’t make a summer.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #350: Aug 27, 2022 09:26:04 pm
      Not seen the match yet but wouldn’t make a difference how well he’s played today some of your fellow reds  been bit hard on you.  As you rightly say he’s had a difficult 18 months or so where there’s no doubt he’d lost his spark for whatever reason.

Granted your comments ( anyone better that Firmino ) bit harsh but can see where your frustrations come from as a outsider.  If he can go on from here then all well and good, time will tell.

Give your man a break lads his reasons and many others valid based on the last two years showings.  Remember! One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

A Manc having to get you lot in line 😂 I've seen it all now 😂

No seriously Keith you hit the nail on the head. I was a bit harsh with my first comment which stemmed from Firmino not showing up for as long as I can recently remember. I'm still angry about losing to you lot. Him being his usual self at Old Trafford pissed me off.

He hadn't scored in 18 months at Anfield. That's a decade in footy terms. No striker should be going 18 months without a goal at home. Even the F***ing tea lady shouldn't go that long without one at home.

He had a very good performance today but I won't be screaming "he's back" until I see more of the same. I hope I do. I'm not writing him off as I've already written him off. I'm hoping he comes back from the dead. Many great players have done it before so there's no reason why he can't.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #351: Aug 27, 2022 09:36:55 pm
      Nah f**k that. Firmino is the bollocks. He’s getting a run of games now and will show his worth

There are games that are perfect for Bobby or someone to play that false 9 type role or dropping a little bit into the 10 role - and it’s a role I think Carvahlo will develop into- but there also a lot of other games where you need the Nunez type player , the Manc game was the sort of game we needed Nunez
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #352: Aug 27, 2022 09:37:51 pm
      Luis Diaz unveiling a hidden talent with his bonce.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #353: Aug 27, 2022 09:48:07 pm

Bobby hasn’t had a difficult 18 months , he was key in a number of games last season , far too many focus on goals when it comes to Bobby without a full understanding of his role in the team and I think the stat is more around 18 months without a league goal at home as he scored in the FA Cup and CL at home
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #354: Aug 27, 2022 09:54:00 pm

Bobby hasn’t had a difficult 18 months , he was key in a number of games last season , far too many focus on goals when it comes to Bobby without a full understanding of his role in the team and I think the stat is more around 18 months without a league goal at home as he scored in the FA Cup and CL at home

I’m not going to get in a debate with you la, it will be the FSG gate all over again.  :f_doh:

So not to make this into the same thread we shall I agree to disagree.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #355: Aug 27, 2022 09:55:28 pm
      I’m not going to get in a debate with you la, it will be the FSG gate all over again.  :f_doh:

So not to make this into the same thread we shall I agree to disagree.

🤷‍♂️

Not sure what the issue is - just highlighting to you what the 18 month stat is 🤷‍♂️

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #356: Aug 27, 2022 09:59:06 pm
      🤷‍♂️

Not sure what the issue is - just highlighting to you what the 18 month stat is 🤷‍♂️

No issue, we move on. How’s the weather  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #357: Aug 27, 2022 10:04:22 pm

I'd of edited that or deleted it after 5 mins of watching Bobby today. Think his second goal was a no look goal too
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #358: Aug 27, 2022 10:18:26 pm
      The team did brilliant both in defense midfield and attack. Thanks for that comfortable joy of a game to watch, I feel bad for Bournemouth fans and coaches but it is what it is and I did want 10, 11 or whatever.
       I was wondering how much this blend of players together is a factor, how much the motivation and training played a part and individual players being in the mood and making the right choices, taking chances when they come instead of faffing around a bit and being unselfish too much.
       How angry will Murphy be on MOTD if he's on? By the team who got hammered, if he's on there he'll be rabid because we ran rings about his beloved any team but Liverpool defenders who got outplayed, then Jenas will squirm and reluctantly say oh yeah Liverpool played well.  I cannot stand MOTD, haven't watched for so long, it's like an angry little studio of turnips farting out negative things unless it's Man City these days, where they will go oh how amazing was this that and the other, but any other team challenging unless it's Man u getting a rare win, weird trend with Manchester teams on the BBC which everyone has to pay a license for bloody heck.
       I'll watch tonight, someones commentary on it (not live) BBC license goons, so piss off. ;D
      I don't recognise the BBC bias you mention
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #359: Aug 27, 2022 10:25:29 pm
      A Manc having to get you lot in line 😂 I've seen it all now 😂

No seriously Keith you hit the nail on the head. I was a bit harsh with my first comment which stemmed from Firmino not showing up for as long as I can recently remember. I'm still angry about losing to you lot. Him being his usual self at Old Trafford pissed me off.

He hadn't scored in 18 months at Anfield. That's a decade in footy terms. No striker should be going 18 months without a goal at home. Even the f**king tea lady shouldn't go that long without one at home.

He had a very good performance today but I won't be screaming "he's back" until I see more of the same. I hope I do. I'm not writing him off as I've already written him off. I'm hoping he comes back from the dead. Many great players have done it before so there's no reason why he can't.

No one cares.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #360: Aug 27, 2022 11:26:47 pm
      Oh my!! What a win 9-0 and Mo not on the score sheet got him as my captain in the dream team, come on Mo should of had 2 today hopefully he get a hat trick v bar codes
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #361: Aug 27, 2022 11:26:58 pm
      Yaaasssss. And get I'm there bobby and Co.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #362: Aug 28, 2022 12:30:36 am
      Wow, loved watching that.

Finally a Match where we could sit back after 5 minutes and relax a bit.

It felt funny during the game as in it felt like everyone of the lads who came in for criticism during the week, came out and scored in order.

After the 4th one, said to a mate all we need is Virg now to come up and get one, next thing you know, it's in the back of the net by the Big Man.

This was the start of our 35 game winning streak, people!!!  8)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #363: Aug 28, 2022 12:34:56 am
      Nah f**k that. Firmino is the bollocks. He’s getting a run of games now and will show his worth

I said in the player thread that he is only 30 which is a surprising age to write someone off who never had the speed in the first place to lose. But it appeared that he'd lost everything that he was renowned for. But you're absolutely right - on today's basis, absolutely no reason, with a clean run of fitness and regular game time, that he can get back to his best.

Nunez may come to realise that that red card has cost him a bit more than three games.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #364: Aug 28, 2022 06:37:31 am
      I don't recognise the BBC bias you mention
      Congrats then? Ian Wright is on, only just watching it now 6 in the morning, so cool, he's an actual fun pundit and likable person.

Did Lineker actually joke about when he pood his pants in the world cup? Wright joked about heat maps and Lineker said they'd be brown ;D, funny aw fun laughs, this is more like it, wrong thread but footy should be fun, all this 'ooooo' serious Neville crap on sky as well isn't exciting, Rednapp angry jr having arguments pitchside with him too weeeird.
       Wrong thread but the apples fall where they fall.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2022 07:00:05 am by Crunchycrisps »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #365: Aug 28, 2022 07:23:42 am
      Some great things from this game are Diaz, Harvey and Fabio Carvalho. They lighten up my world. The signs there very clear they are capable to do what the team expectation and it's just a beginning for them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #366: Aug 28, 2022 08:08:11 am
      Motm is Firmino but it will not be long when he plays same sh*t like last two years.

He is a good back up but should not be in our XI if everyone is fit.

Hope Bobby you prove me wrong!

We need a good run of winning games.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #367: Aug 28, 2022 10:07:22 am
      Motm is Firmino but it will not be long when he plays same sh*t like last two years.

He is a good back up but should not be in our XI if everyone is fit.

Hope Bobby you prove me wrong!

We need a good run of winning games.

IMHO mate, Firmino this day is definitely a support player of the team, exactly like Hendo, Robbo and TAA.
      They are not there to win the game by themselves (maybe Trent can do bit better than others though). So as long as some other players have a brilliant game, some have a great game surely those supporters also have a good performance and good benefit to the team.

Quick Reply