Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v AFCB?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      5 (6.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      49 (62.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      18 (23.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      FĂĄbio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2022 04:53:15 pm

Liverpool 9-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12086 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Liverpool 9-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Aug 28, 2022 10:21:46 am
      Motm is Firmino but it will not be long when he plays same sh*t like last two years.

He is a good back up but should not be in our XI if everyone is fit.

Hope Bobby you prove me wrong!

We need a good run of winning games.

But that’s what Bobby brings to the table. He did that most games and if he maintains that form for any length of time, he’ll be undroppable.
      Agree he’s had a lean time following his injury lay-off, but with a run of games he could rekindle his best going forwards.
      Next up barcodes, another type he could exell against.
      Seeing how they get on v wolves today will maybe give us an idea.
      As Jürgen says, when on form, he’s the link that joins it all together.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #369: Aug 28, 2022 10:22:10 am
      When bobby clicks wee tick. Superb, as noted above if he can stay fit he will be massive for us this season.

Honestly think we will see salah, bobby, diaz & nunez on the park at the same time, and we will see jota back next month too.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #370: Aug 28, 2022 11:50:12 am
      YAAWWNNNN !!, watimishit, just had fookin great dream, hahaha, we battered the Mouths of Bourne 9-0, 😂 😂 NINE f***in NIL, and Mo didn’t get any ffs, how mental is that ?

OH MY F**k OFF GOD…..Wasn’t that just unbelievable Jeff, what a response from our boys,yes it was Bournemouth but so f***in what,you can only play what’s in front of you, and didn’t we just ?

Before we all get carried away though, it was still only three points, we’re still Five behind that f***in lot of fraudsters but if that isn’t turning a corner then f**k knows what is, totally enthralling from the start you could see the boys positively charged up and ready to rumble, and didn’t they just,

Pace/tempo back, fluidity, intensity, the quick passing everyone was on it, and right in the midst of it all was Bobby, linking it all together, ‘F**k You’ was his answer to all those doubters who were pissin on his crisps all f***in week, apparently world class footballers are no longer allowed to have anymore down periods, and he hasn’t been at his best has he for a while, shame on you Bobby, how dare you have a sh*t period in your career, with us !!

Luis Diaz is absolutely dog sh*t isn’t he, he gets every-f***in-where, and all those know f**k all pundits, Merson again, saying sh*t like it’s the biggest mistake ever selling Mane, after 7 years of the genius that is Klopp Mad Moronic Merson still don’t get it does he, in old money he’s as thick as sh*t, in the new PC world he’s simply Mentally challenged, boring cnuts,

Thought we were absolutely faultless yesterday, everything just clicked, as if a switch had been clicked, contrast that against that of the MUtants, and we’re talking chalk and your favourite cheddar, and that performance was immense considering we still can’t field our best X1, everyone put a shift in, a proper shift, and the confidence that flowed through them all was a absolute joy to behold, of course the naysayer’s will still spout their bullshit and say it was only Bournemouth, yes, Bournemouth concede 9 goals on a regular occurrence don’t they, tossers ??

So what we gonna f***in do when all is fit and healthy, how can we now drop Bobby, Harvey, Carvalho, Diaz, Fabinho etc, this is migraine level headaches for JĂźrgen, but I guess that’s his thing isn’t it, he gets off having  such issues but it’s not too much of a worry for him, you could lock him in a sauna for a week, turn the dial up full and he’d still come out like Vanilla Ice(google him kids)

So what the f**k happens next ?we got the barcodes I believe, a bit different from those mouths of bourne, more of a testing time let’s assume, but we’re at home and we have our twelfth man which always helps, if we can play like we can do then no one stops us, but obviously Toon won’t afford us the same time and space the ‘Mouths’ did, so we’ll see, I don’t expect another mauling but be happy that we can play to a normal level, and absolutely go for the throat,

Wee Eddy has Toon purring to his tune and will test us to the limit, I can see him employ the same tactics Munts did, with Saint-Maximin charging at us in counter attacks, so very different from yesterday that’s for sure, too early to be naming X1 starters but my guess is it won’t be far off from Saturday, fantastic performance from the boys, and the perfect response to our woefulness.

NINE f***in NIL….Now that is  BATTERING !!!

Y  N  W  A

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #371: Aug 28, 2022 12:04:54 pm
      Not seen the match yet but wouldn’t make a difference how well he’s played today some of your fellow reds  been bit hard on you.  As you rightly say he’s had a difficult 18 months or so where there’s no doubt he’d lost his spark for whatever reason.

Granted your comments ( anyone better that Firmino ) bit harsh but can see where your frustrations come from as a outsider.  If he can go on from here then all well and good, time will tell.

Give your man a break lads his reasons and many others valid based on the last two years showings.  Remember! One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Just wondering Keith if you have the same advice for your lot over Slabhead, or has he already’Swallowed’ and summer else is gonna happen ??  😂😂😂😂😂😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #372: Aug 28, 2022 12:24:04 pm
      It’s always funny when Bob has a really good game like that “now that’s the old Firmino, that’s who we need to see”

Yea, no sh*t, 2 goals every game and 3 assists would make him the best player in the world  😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #373: Aug 28, 2022 12:40:52 pm
      Bobby needs game time always has his touch is just sublime he is an artist around the box. I was a bit hard on Mo having watched the game he played really really well and will score a load of goals this season. scoring 9 without Mo and Jota and Darwin is pretty impressive glad others have decided to start scoring.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #374: Aug 28, 2022 01:03:36 pm
      Bobby needs game time always has his touch is just sublime he is an artist around the box. I was a bit hard on Mo having watched the game he played really really well and will score a load of goals this season. scoring 9 without Mo and Jota and Darwin is pretty impressive glad others have decided to start scoring.

I agree with the Salah point, worked his bollocks off all game, was a superb outlet for the break. Plus he had 2 chances that he would usually easily bury.

Especially the combination one with Elliott, would have been a goal of the month contender
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #375: Aug 28, 2022 01:18:50 pm

Had to laugh the way Mo missed another chance looked at the bench and JĂźrgen had the same wry smile on his face.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #376: Aug 28, 2022 01:23:57 pm

Just wondering Keith if you have the same advice for your lot over Slabhead, or has he already’Swallowed’ and summer else is gonna happen ??  😂😂😂😂😂😂

He's already swallowed are summer budget up for sure. Still won't get near you lot and City.   :f_doh:
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #377: Aug 28, 2022 02:23:33 pm
      All week there was billions of posts saying these lads are goosed, knackered, etc.etc..it was nonsense then, and it's nonsense now
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #378: Aug 28, 2022 02:24:43 pm
      Normal service resumed!!

Needs pointing out Bournemouth were F***ing awful. Definitely a relegation contender.

Need to follow it up with another win Wednesday.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2022 02:30:50 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #379: Aug 28, 2022 03:18:33 pm
      Normal service resumed!!

Needs pointing out Bournemouth were f**king awful. Definitely a relegation contender.

Need to follow it up with another win Wednesday.

If EFC keep "Super Frankie Lampard"...They'll be going down with them
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #380: Aug 28, 2022 07:35:02 pm
      Insane result tbh. I’m annoyed that I didn’t get to see the game live.

I watched Bournemouth vs Arsenal last week and Bournemouth were horrendous. But to score 9 goals against a premier league team of 11 is still ridiculous.

I’m happy Bobby had a great game. I still think he brings something unique to the table. Let’s see if he can find some consistent form and do it against a better team. At times he has looked burnt out and a bit off the pace, but his style of play is one that can still work into a player’s thirties. He might lose his ability to press like he did earlier in his career, but his link-up play is very, very good, and when he’s on it, we’re on it. 

Nice to see Elliot and Carvalho scoring. Elliot has a good shot on him from outside the box and I hope he can give us some much needed goals from midfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #381: Aug 28, 2022 07:44:21 pm
      All week there was billions of posts saying these lads are goosed, knackered, etc.etc..it was nonsense then, and it's nonsense now

You do realize that knackered can mean mentally knackered and you can snap out of it just as quickly as you can be consumed by it. You seem to spend an odd amount of time worrying about people thinking these players are humans beings and not robots.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #382: Aug 28, 2022 08:00:48 pm
      Great win but John Henry is going to say what midfield crisis

You think JW even knows there's talk of a midfield crisis?

I doubt he even knows what a midfielder is.

He employs other people to worry about sh*t like this.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #383: Aug 28, 2022 09:03:38 pm
      That's exactly what we needed.

A brilliant performance from all involved, start that 11 or very similar till we get more players back from injury and we will keep seeing performances like that.

Our defence wasn't really tested but their focus and willingness to keep the ball moving forward quickly and with purpose was great, Gomez and VVD looked comfortable alongside one another and our full backs seemed to have a real sense of urgency once again.

Please can we get Fabinho, Henderson and Elliot starting the majority of games while Keita and Thiago are out, pretty please. Elliot was majestical in that first half and it wouldn't have been possible without the security and reassurance of both Henderson and Fab. Carvalho's performance and composure for his goal shows exactly what he is about, if we are trying to prevent burnout I wouldn't mind a bit of rotation between Elliot and Carvalho.

What a difference an in form Bobby makes ay, was crucial in most of our attacking play, at times it seemed like he could do whatever he wanted on that pitch, I just wish he can show this performance more consistently, in recent years I think he has been blowing more hot and cold than anything else. Diaz while still turning inside most of the time was a lot sharper and quicker in his decision to take a player on which helped and his positioning for that first goal reminded me of Sadio who we know was pretty good in the air as well. Salah, the season still hasn't really got going yet for him finishing-wise, but it will come, it's only a matter of time.

No doubt JĂźrgen put the fear of god into those players after the poor start to the season, I hope they still have that fear in them for the next couple of games, as I said after the united game, now we need results and consistency, the rest will fall into place.

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #384: Aug 28, 2022 09:11:05 pm
      Never did I think we’d win 9-0. What a way to put an end to a bad run of results.

On a side note though, the only thing letting the performance down was the crowd were crap again, was so quiet for large parts of the game other than when there was a goal, heard several people around me saying it was like the Etihad in there. So many people were leaving around the 80th minute, couldn’t believe what I was seeing!
      I was in the Dalglish stand and it was probably the quietest of the lot. Performance like that and that’s the atmosphere the crowd produced?! I know we’ve not been great recently but come on!
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #385: Aug 28, 2022 10:19:20 pm
      Never did I think we’d win 9-0. What a way to put an end to a bad run of results.

On a side note though, the only thing letting the performance down was the crowd were crap again, was so quiet for large parts of the game other than when there was a goal, heard several people around me saying it was like the Etihad in there. So many people were leaving around the 80th minute, couldn’t believe what I was seeing!
      I was in the Dalglish stand and it was probably the quietest of the lot. Performance like that and that’s the atmosphere the crowd produced?! I know we’ve not been great recently but come on!
      Aw hope you still enjoyed it, seems like that would be a bummer, like why aren't everyone elated, singing etc.
      Strange, thanks for sharing the insight, reckon it was similar for the other games too. You're being honest, I felt subdued this game which will go down as whoa that result not sure why, hey infact some strange not good stuff has happened in Liverpool here in Kirkby too recently reckon that may of played a factor? Think it is but the other games were before that and atmos was crap, too nervy.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #386: Aug 29, 2022 06:51:31 am
      After demolishing  Bournemouth 9  0, a tougher challenge lies aead against Newcastle, in what looks a far more difficult game .These games in the past have usually produced quite a few goals, surely the crowd will be more roused for the occasion !
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #387: Aug 29, 2022 12:47:10 pm
      What a F***ing bank holiday weekend that was.

Thank you Reds!!!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #388: Aug 29, 2022 01:31:08 pm
      You do realize that knackered can mean mentally knackered and you can snap out of it just as quickly as you can be consumed by it. You seem to spend an odd amount of time worrying about people thinking these players are humans beings and not robots.
      I'm not worried about anything at all. I stand by my opinion that the players were neither mentally, nor physically tired and that a lack of intensity was the main(not only) cause behind the results of the 3 preceding fixtures. The argument put forward that you can snap out of it as quickly as you can be consumed by it is plausible if confined to an individual, but I can't see how a whole team or squad just magically switches mindset.
      The team put in a proper shift and got their rewards for it. IMO ........onwards and upwards
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #389: Aug 29, 2022 01:56:19 pm
      I'm not worried about anything at all. I stand by my opinion that the players were neither mentally, nor physically tired and that a lack of intensity was the main(not only) cause behind the results of the 3 preceding fixtures. The argument put forward that you can snap out of it as quickly as you can be consumed by it is plausible if confined to an individual, but I can't see how a whole team or squad just magically switches mindset.
      The team put in a proper shift and got their rewards for it. IMO ........onwards and upwards

Think you actually said our poor form was down to, in part, " unprofessional attitude..etc."..I'd give more cerdibilty to the "knackered" mentally or physically theory. Yes attitude or the right mental approach is vitally important and they were fully prepared for the Bournemouth game.

This season will not be a City/LFC battle, others will be stronger. The Newcastle game will tell us more re our squad's mental preparedness or lack of it. Mo is the player I'll be watching very closely. He's fit as a flea but he's misfiring slightly. His game is so finely balanced that it doesn't take much to nudge him off blob. He above all the players needs mental strength, the slightest bit of anxiety or dip in confidence makes a huge difference. The Kop is watching.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #390: Aug 29, 2022 02:48:34 pm
      Obviously very difficult to understand or get a handle on the mental pressure players are under. Massive wages, transfer fee's etc. Week in week out pressure to perform etc etc. I feel pressure just teeing off in front of more than 2 people so I have very little understanding how players deal with the expectations etc.

We try to understand and in the cold light of day we see the pressure they're under...but come kick off it's a different approach..all the bonhomie, understanding goes out the window.

1-1...and we get a pen in the last minute... and Mo puts it wide...sympathy and understanding will be in very short supply.

Quick Reply