Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v AFCB?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      5 (6.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      49 (62.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      18 (23.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Bobby Clark
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Aug 31, 2022 04:53:15 pm

Liverpool 9-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12092 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 9-0 AFC Bournemouth: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Aug 29, 2022 02:54:20 pm
      Never did I think we’d win 9-0. What a way to put an end to a bad run of results.

On a side note though, the only thing letting the performance down was the crowd were crap again, was so quiet for large parts of the game other than when there was a goal, heard several people around me saying it was like the Etihad in there. So many people were leaving around the 80th minute, couldn’t believe what I was seeing!
      I was in the Dalglish stand and it was probably the quietest of the lot. Performance like that and that’s the atmosphere the crowd produced?! I know we’ve not been great recently but come on!

Hate to say but at 9-0 you ain't getting a champs league semi-like atmosphere. Once the first two went in everyone could see the opposition were crap and could be a big score.

Think the atmosphere picked up when everyone else realised we could have a record scoreline and the "we want 10" chants went up. Also think the newer fans aren't used to the "Attack, Attack Attack, Attack Attack Attack" chant
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #392: Aug 29, 2022 03:35:09 pm
      Clearly Newcastle is a stronger opponent, but even so, we still have lots of injuries. We clearly won’t get the space we did against Bournemouth, so don’t build your hopes while we are still under strength.
      I’ve still gone for 3:1 to the red men, but a much tougher test.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #393: Aug 29, 2022 05:49:06 pm
      Think you actually said our poor form was down to, in part, " unprofessional attitude..etc."..I'd give more cerdibilty to the "knackered" mentally or physically theory. Yes attitude or the right mental approach is vitally important and they were fully prepared for the Bournemouth game.

This season will not be a City/LFC battle, others will be stronger. The Newcastle game will tell us more re our squad's mental preparedness or lack of it. Mo is the player I'll be watching very closely. He's fit as a flea but he's misfiring slightly. His game is so finely balanced that it doesn't take much to nudge him off blob. He above all the players needs mental strength, the slightest bit of anxiety or dip in confidence makes a huge difference. The Kop is watching.
      I can't see where I used the term "unprofessional" but I did say they lacked urgency and a definite overconfidence at Fulham....All water under the bridge now and hopefully we're back on track. Fully agree about Salah...I honestly can't put my finger on what's behind his poor(ish) drop in form ...albeit from a very high bar. A  couple of goals would do him/us the world of good.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #394: Aug 29, 2022 05:58:56 pm
      Obviously very difficult to understand or get a handle on the mental pressure players are under. Massive wages, transfer fee's etc. Week in week out pressure to perform etc etc. I feel pressure just teeing off in front of more than 2 people so I have very little understanding how players deal with the expectations etc.

We try to understand and in the cold light of day we see the pressure they're under...but come kick off it's a different approach..all the bonhomie, understanding goes out the window.

1-1...and we get a pen in the last minute... and Mo puts it wide...sympathy and understanding will be in very short supply.
      Mental pressure is just one of the attributes needed, alongside ability, desire and fitness, any one of these missing and you won't be competing at the highest level....in any sport.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #395: Aug 29, 2022 06:15:59 pm
      I can't see where I used the term "unprofessional" but I did say they lacked urgency and a definite overconfidence at Fulham....All water under the bridge now and hopefully we're back on track. Fully agree about Salah...I honestly can't put my finger on what's behind his poor(ish) drop in form ...albeit from a very high bar. A  couple of goals would do him/us the world of good.

Well.."arrogant and overconfident.." similar..

This season there won't be all that much between the top 6 or so. I won't be fully convinced till we go on a run of 5/6 games dropping only a point or two. A lot will depend on Nunez getting to grip with this league. I don't know yet.

If the attacking midfield position is not taken successfully by Elliott or one of the others, I can see the Trent midfield debate kicking off again. It's his forward play that marks him out.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Bournemouth
      Reply #396: Aug 30, 2022 07:42:11 pm
      Just having a look at the other matches, and of course Zaha is injured for the City match. Their best player. Typical.
      And he’s miraculously returned for their game 3 days later.

Quick Reply