Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Stefan Bajcetic Player Thread (M)

Read 11324 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Stefan Bajcetic Player Thread (M)
      Reply #46: Feb 13, 2023 11:53:09 pm
      He's got the world at his feet as long as he can stay grounded which I think he will, an absolutely tremendous prospect to have in the team. Well done Stefan.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #47: Feb 14, 2023 04:12:49 am
      Definitely a gem with the potential to be what Fab was 2-3 years ago: world class defensive midfielder.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #48: Feb 14, 2023 08:05:43 am
      This kid has come out of nowhere really, he looks a real prospect. Sometimes a bad season can be good because it enables you to thrust some of the youngsters in to the limelight. Think we've got a player here.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #49: Feb 14, 2023 08:35:45 am
      Definitely now reduced the need for 2 midfielders in the summer to just the one. He is excellent in lots of areas.

He seems to have all the abilities a top young Spaniard always has like use of the ball, awareness and lovely technical abaility. He deliberately invites pressure at times to escape and open up the field.

It is mixed though as well with physical and battling attributes well beyond the size and age of the lad.

He certainly isn't light weight in there the same way at times you can say of Harvey and Carvalho.

I believe he signed a new contract last month. I think he could be signing a new one again in 18 months.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #50: Feb 14, 2023 08:45:31 am
      Definitely now reduced the need for 2 midfielders in the summer to just the one. He is excellent in lots of areas.

He seems to have all the abilities a top young Spaniard always has like use of the ball, awareness and lovely technical abaility. He deliberately invites pressure at times to escape and open up the field.

It is mixed though as well with physical and battling attributes well beyond the size and age of the lad.

He certainly isn't light weight in there the same way at times you can say of Harvey and Carvalho.

I believe he signed a new contract last month. I think he could be signing a new one again in 18 months.

We need 2 minimum mate. This kid is good. But he's only 18 and it would be silly to burn him out.

Hendo's powers are fading sadly. Milner is 37. Fabinho is struggling badly. Thiago ... old injury prone and unreliable. Melo, Ox and keita leaving and I don't rate Jones. The 2 young lads Harvey and Fabio ... unsure as to their best position.

We need 2 top midfielders minimum for me in the summer. 1 won't be enough.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #51: Feb 14, 2023 08:57:28 am
      We need 2 minimum mate. This kid is good. But he's only 18 and it would be silly to burn him out.

Hendo's powers are fading sadly. Milner is 37. Fabinho is struggling badly. Thiago ... old injury prone and unreliable. Melo, Ox and keita leaving and I don't rate Jones. The 2 young lads Harvey and Fabio ... unsure as to their best position.

We need 2 top midfielders minimum for me in the summer. 1 won't be enough.

2 would be preferable but this is Fenways LFC so baby steps and all that.

If we get 1 that's not Emre Can on a seasons loan 5 minutes before deadline day we should be grateful.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Feb 14, 2023 10:04:45 am
      lets just enjoy him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #53: Feb 14, 2023 10:46:58 am
      The most composed player on the pitch last night, he’s not just tenacious in the tackle but his passing range is so impressive for a 18 year old.

Hopefully we don’t over play him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #54: Feb 14, 2023 11:28:09 am
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #55: Feb 14, 2023 12:08:50 pm
      A real positive out of a very difficult season for the Reds. Shows real quality for a player of his age, certainly well worth a place in midfield.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #56: Feb 14, 2023 12:14:17 pm
      Got a bit of swagger about him, lot of confidence for a kid. Great prospect.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #57: Feb 14, 2023 02:23:03 pm
      Hate to get too hyped, as he's only 18. But he certainly looks the business. The fact that Jürgen started him in the Derby...and at a time when we are really struggling, and then he puts in a motm performance (even though I went for Nunez)....well that's certainly worth getting hyped about I think.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #58: Feb 14, 2023 05:15:19 pm
      Really liked him at LCM. This kid's first touch and speed of decision making is something else. Very similar to Thiago in that he knows what he's doing with the ball before even receiving it and his first touch on the ball aims at helping making this process even faster. Never looked out of place in the advanced role he had yesterday.

The cherry on top of the cake is that him working out at LCM might solve two problems for us. The first, and obvious one, is that we have someone to play there while Thiago is out. The second one is that his energy levels and aggression seem to be exactly what the struggling Fabinho needs beside him which could mean that we can finally start Fabinho without feeling like we started a traffic cone in that midfield. I'm not saying Fabinho was flamboyant yesterday, he still looked well off the pace and like he needed a cane to help him walk let alone run but still, he won the ball a few times and it did not seem like he was covering acres of space by himself.

I know this is cliche, but this kid feels like a new signing. The best thing is that he looked this good so far playing in a heavily underperforming side. His performances can only get better once everyone around him is back to speed.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #59: Feb 14, 2023 10:57:30 pm
      Big big shout to whoever unearthed this lad for £200 k probably saved us 50m or so
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #60: Feb 16, 2023 11:40:50 pm
      Well, that's one-third of the midfield sorted for the next 15 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Feb 17, 2023 09:06:31 am
      Well, that's one-third of the midfield sorted for the next 15 years.

Doing well for one so young Rushie
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #62: Feb 19, 2023 06:17:53 am
      That space he created for himself to collect the Allison pass that led to the Gakpo goal..
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #63: Feb 20, 2023 04:45:19 pm
      Yep the Gakpo goal comes from him taking the ball on the half turn and moving us up the field. There's not many in our midfield who can do this. Talented boy.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #64: Feb 21, 2023 11:26:55 pm
      Learning curve for him tonight. A steep one. But one that he can take alot from. Was let down by the statues around him and had no help. Overwhelmed by modric and Co in the end but unlike others can hold his head up.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #65: Feb 25, 2023 09:22:08 am
      I thought he struggled on Tuesday night. He had some good moments but was guilty of turning over possession when we had lots of players in forward positions and it led to a couple of goals (albeit with other errors contributing). But he will learn from that. Right now he’s the first name on the team sheet in midfield. What really stands out is the ground he covers in contrast to our ageing midfield. Certainly he looks like he could be a fixture in our midfield for a few years to come. Just need to find a couple more in the summer though.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #66: Feb 25, 2023 11:17:45 am
      I think any midfielder would struggle against Real Madrid, especially the way they played in the second half. I think Bajcetic has a very bright future and could turn out a regular starter in midfield for the team.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #67: Mar 16, 2023 11:23:56 am
      It's been confirmed that he's been ruled out for the remainder of the season with an abductor injury.

Such a shame after he's done so well for us, hopefully get himself fit and well for the start of next season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #68: Mar 16, 2023 12:16:03 pm
      It's been confirmed that he's been ruled out for the remainder of the season with an abductor injury.

Such a shame after he's done so well for us, hopefully get himself fit and well for the start of next season.

So sorry for him, he contributed much more than some senior players this season. Hopefully, he will come back fitter and stronger.

Quick Reply