Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v NUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      56 (64.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (4.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      22 (25.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Sep 04, 2022 09:58:53 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16053 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Aug 31, 2022 10:29:34 pm
      Literally the skin of our teeth that one!

Carvalho and Elliott have been the big positives to take from the opening of the season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #645: Aug 31, 2022 10:29:47 pm
      Ali: No fault today. Had a very dodgy defence in front of him in that first half. Did well to not catch whatever was on them. 7/10

Robbo. Quiet day, slightly off but not totally off. More like suspiciously / slightly sour milk. 5/10

VVD -  Pulled it back with a more assertive display in the second half. Can't excuse him for the first half where he was out jumped and out fought by Isak. Skew whiff. 6/10

Gomez - Decent moments and bad moments. In fairness he wasn't helped by a fairly horrendous display by Trent. Got comfier when Trent went off. 6/10

Trent - Oh dear. Put us right in it with a shockingly bad attempt at a cross field ball that just stunk of laziness more than anything. Put us in trouble on the counter attack and even his wand of a right foot is rotten. If Robbo was slightly sour milk on the other side, Trent was the full lumpy, turning green cheese event of off milk that clogs up your drains. 2/10

Hendo: Not good. Slowed our play, offered little vision and any attempt to do something creative fizzled out. Went sideways and backwards much to the delight of Newcastle. 4/10

Fabinho: Started the game well and looked our most creative player early doors. But then got caught up in Newcastle's antics and looked more and more frustrated. 5/10

Elliott: Best player of the full 90. Buzzed around like a bee looking the most likely to do something. Ascended to greater heights in the first half. 7.5/10

Salah: Pound for pound (which at 350k) , probably the worst on the field. Couldn't do anything right. Newcastle full back must have had the easiest pay day of his life. Simply put, that's not what we pay 350k a week for and he's going to have to get his finger out sooner rather than later. Shockingly bad and you'd be tempted to drop him entirely from the first eleven. Gets a two just for staying on the field and doing a bit of running. 2/10

Firmino: 7.5/10. Could have been higher if he received the ball quicker but did his job, got the equaliser and

Diaz: 6/10. Great running and effort once again. But again, needs to be more clinical up top assists wise. Couple of early chances for an assist that were squandered.

Milner: 6/10. Usually brand of leadership. No nonsense and simple.

Carvalho: 7.5/10. What a star. Should start next game surely? Got on with the job and is direct and quick.

Kostas: 6/10. Decent. Love his pace and directness. A sub that had to happen.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #646: Aug 31, 2022 10:30:28 pm
      Kloppy says Hendo has a hamstring issue. Deffo need Carvalho to start against Neverton.
      And perfect response to the time wasting is the man in the middle adding on more minutes for all the sh*thousery rolling round on the floor like they've been shot.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #647: Aug 31, 2022 10:31:12 pm
      Anyone see Kornmayer giving shooing the cry baby Newcastle bench away at the end there? What about Carvalho giving it the ears to the Newcastle fans. Love a bit of shithousery

Watch the replay of that goal and then see the Newcastle players drop to the floor when it hits the back of the net. Cramp perhaps???
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #648: Aug 31, 2022 10:31:30 pm
      Hendo has done his hammy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #649: Aug 31, 2022 10:31:52 pm
      Hendo done his hammy

Don't think anyone will be going home early tomorrow in that transfer committee of ours.

Bare bones.

Hendo spent more time trying to figure out who to give the armband to when he went off than he did trying to work a pass through the Newcastle defence.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #650: Aug 31, 2022 10:32:43 pm
      Kloppy says Hendo has a hamstring issue. Deffo need Carvalho to start against Neverton.
      And perfect response to the time wasting is the man in the middle adding on more minutes for all the sh*thousery rolling round on the floor like they've been shot.

Don’t think he will start the Derby , expect Milner to play
      IrishRed86
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 37 
      Reply #651: Aug 31, 2022 10:33:09 pm
      just on performances I cant argue with that. But Jürgen protects these lads the Derby will be brutal

Can understand him protecting players especially in a derby but watching Jürgen’s post match interview it appears Hendo may have a hammer issue now.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,923 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #652: Aug 31, 2022 10:33:38 pm
      So like I said at the start the main thing about this game was ensuring the result was the right one, especially with how many points we are behind Arsenal and City and thankfully we got the right result. At the moment it feels like we are papering over the cracks but I will take that every day of the week, our injury crisis at the minute is no joke, our lack of options from the bench is no joke and we need to stick together now and grind out results for when we get a full squad back we are ready to crack on and put the pressure on those above us.

The performance itself quality-wise was woeful, our midfield looked open for all to get through and that left our defenders exposed and even more open than the midfield. I am starting to get really worried about how many times we have been conceding first, we really need to get back to basics and ensure we are solid defensively first and then look to get our goals. Frustrating to see Henderson today, he wasn't positive at all in his play and seemed to slow play down quite a bit, I got into Milner the other day but I can't say Henderson has been much better. I would love to see Elliot and Carvalho play in midfield but it would be an extremely tough ask for Fab to cover two creative individuals in midfield, do we think he is up for it? I am not too sure.

I think Trent was actually dropped as Klopp had enough from his lax defending and just general disinterest to track back. I said it before and will say it again when Matip is back fully fit I want to see Gomez be a real alternative to Trent, he needs a push to improve his defensive positioning and willingness to track back.

Now to the positives, Elliot looked majestical at times, yes he overrun the ball once or twice but he is a f**king teen, he is still learning on the job and he was one of the few that showed they wanted to make a mark on the game and he definitely did. For me, he is a starter week in and week out unless his form starts to dip. Bobby showed up again and if it wasn't for his brilliant finish we may not have made it back into the game at all, he also looked like a creative threat in the first half when nobody else really did. Salah and Diaz were nuisances at times more so Diaz than Salah but Mo always gets his contributions, two assists after an all-around poor performance. Fabio feels like a star, what a finish, would love to see him play from the start but at the same time, he is becoming a real impact of the bench.

Karma is real, Newcastle was pathetic with their time wasting, Eddie Howe can go f**k himself saying there was no gamesmanship just they had a less day recovery than us so there was fatigue. Thank you, Fab for that beautiful finish and what a reaction from the fans after that goal, Anfield was well and truly rocking and the passion from Klopp at the end can only do us good going into the Merseyside derby.

YNWA
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #653: Aug 31, 2022 10:35:18 pm
      Ali: No fault today. Had a very dodgy defence in front of him in that first half. Did well to not catch whatever was on them. 7/10

Robbo. Quiet day, slightly off but not totally off. More like suspiciously / slightly sour milk. 5/10

VVD -  Pulled it back with a more assertive display in the second half. Can't excuse him for the first half where he was out jumped and out fought by Isak. Skew whiff. 6/10

Gomez - Decent moments and bad moments. In fairness he wasn't helped by a fairly horrendous display by Trent. Got comfier when Trent went off. 6/10

Trent - Oh dear. Put us right in it with a shockingly bad attempt at a cross field ball that just stunk of laziness more than anything. Put us in trouble on the counter attack and even his wand of a right foot is rotten. If Robbo was slightly sour milk on the other side, Trent was the full lumpy, turning green cheese event of off milk that clogs up your drains. 2/10

Hendo: Not good. Slowed our play, offered little vision and any attempt to do something creative fizzled out. Went sideways and backwards much to the delight of Newcastle. 4/10

Fabinho: Started the game well and looked our most creative player early doors. But then got caught up in Newcastle's antics and looked more and more frustrated. 5/10

Elliott: Best player of the full 90. Buzzed around like a bee looking the most likely to do something. Ascended to greater heights in the first half. 7.5/10

Salah: Pound for pound (which at 350k) , probably the worst on the field. Couldn't do anything right. Newcastle full back must have had the easiest pay day of his life. Simply put, that's not what we pay 350k a week for and he's going to have to get his finger out sooner rather than later. Shockingly bad and you'd be tempted to drop him entirely from the first eleven. Gets a two just for staying on the field and doing a bit of running. 2/10

Firmino: 7.5/10. Could have been higher if he received the ball quicker but did his job, got the equaliser and

Diaz: 6/10. Great running and effort once again. But again, needs to be more clinical up top assists wise. Couple of early chances for an assist that were squandered.

Carvalho: 7.5/10. What a star. Should start next game surely? Got on with the job and is direct and quick.

I actually thought Hendo's second half was really solid. Had a few very good long balls.
      His first on the other hand... the less we talk about it the better.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #654: Aug 31, 2022 10:36:24 pm
      Hendo spent more time trying to figure out who to give the armband to when he went off than he did trying to work a pass through the Newcastle defence.

Dude, that made me laugh
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #655: Aug 31, 2022 10:37:47 pm
      After breaking the hearts of the country's second most deluded fanbase we get to break the hearts of the countries Number 1 deluded fanbase on Saturday.

Lovely jubbily
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #656: Aug 31, 2022 10:37:49 pm
      Don’t think he will start the Derby , expect Milner to play

Please no, but I understand, as it’s going to be sh*t house tackling, and Milner knows how to give one of those.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #657: Aug 31, 2022 10:37:52 pm
      Anyone see Kornmayer giving shooing the cry baby Newcastle bench away at the end there? What about Carvalho giving it the ears to the Newcastle fans. Love a bit of shithousery

Watch the replay of that goal and then see the Newcastle players drop to the floor when it hits the back of the net. Cramp perhaps???

one of their bench threw a water bottle at our tech area.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #658: Aug 31, 2022 10:38:38 pm
      So like I said at the start the main thing about this game was ensuring the result was the right one, especially with how many points we are behind Arsenal and City and thankfully we got the right result. At the moment it feels like we are papering over the cracks but I will take that every day of the week, our injury crisis at the minute is no joke, our lack of options from the bench is no joke and we need to stick together now and grind out results for when we get a full squad back we are ready to crack on and put the pressure on those above us.

The performance itself quality-wise was woeful, our midfield looked open for all to get through and that left our defenders exposed and even more open than the midfield. I am starting to get really worried about how many times we have been conceding first, we really need to get back to basics and ensure we are solid defensively first and then look to get our goals. Frustrating to see Henderson today, he wasn't positive at all in his play and seemed to slow play down quite a bit, I got into Milner the other day but I can't say Henderson has been much better. I would love to see Elliot and Carvalho play in midfield but it would be an extremely tough ask for Fab to cover two creative individuals in midfield, do we think he is up for it? I am not too sure.

I think Trent was actually dropped as Klopp had enough from his lax defending and just general disinterest to track back. I said it before and will say it again when Matip is back fully fit I want to see Gomez be a real alternative to Trent, he needs a push to improve his defensive positioning and willingness to track back.

Now to the positives, Elliot looked majestical at times, yes he overrun the ball once or twice but he is a f**king teen, he is still learning on the job and he was one of the few that showed they wanted to make a mark on the game and he definitely did. For me, he is a starter week in and week out unless his form starts to dip. Bobby showed up again and if it wasn't for his brilliant finish we may not have made it back into the game at all, he also looked like a creative threat in the first half when nobody else really did. Salah and Diaz were nuisances at times more so Diaz than Salah but Mo always gets his contributions, two assists after an all-around poor performance. Fabio feels like a star, what a finish, would love to see him play from the start but at the same time, he is becoming a real impact of the bench.

Karma is real, Newcastle was pathetic with their time wasting, Eddie Howe can go f**k himself saying there was no gamesmanship just they had a less day recovery than us so there was fatigue. Thank you, Fab for that beautiful finish and what a reaction from the fans after that goal, Anfield was well and truly rocking and the passion from Klopp at the end can only do us good going into the Merseyside derby.

YNWA

How F***ing dense is Eddie Howe? Man's a moron. An expensive moron at that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,064 posts | 2110 
      Reply #659: Aug 31, 2022 10:39:06 pm
      one of their bench threw a water bottle at our tech area.

Full of their tears was it?
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #660: Aug 31, 2022 10:39:45 pm
      Henderson has not been good lately and brought nothing to the team. One of the culprits for me. TAA has been terrible, he needs to be shaken. He was much better defensively than usual in the first half but his passing has been average at best.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,319 posts | 775 
      Reply #661: Aug 31, 2022 10:39:55 pm

Can't argue with any of that.....Good to see someone stick their head above the parapet and give Salah the stick he deserves...an absolute ghost of the player he was
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #662: Aug 31, 2022 10:40:07 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #663: Aug 31, 2022 10:40:07 pm
      we had a lot of possession and 4 times as many passes but Ferdinand said they brought the game to us .
      If Milner has to start the Derby itis nothing but a vindication of the summer transfer policy being fu**ed whilst so many teams have strengthened significantly
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,073 posts | 3440 
      Reply #664: Aug 31, 2022 10:40:49 pm
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,546 posts | 1093 
      Reply #665: Aug 31, 2022 10:41:17 pm

Love that one.

They can't complain. They cheated, outright gamesmanship.  All that blood money and played like total sh&thouses. They got what they deserved ... nothing.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,923 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #666: Aug 31, 2022 10:41:18 pm

Quick Reply