Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v NUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      56 (64.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (4.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      22 (25.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Sep 04, 2022 09:58:53 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15827 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: Sep 01, 2022 09:27:16 am
      Stull buzzing this morning! I couldn't sleep till half 12 after that last night!

The game ended at 245 AM for me. I couldn't sleep till 330 AM. I decided to get out of the bed and have coffee. :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #737: Sep 01, 2022 09:31:18 am
      That's a bit tough on Hendo mate, there was an element of fortune because he stretches

Didn't one of his stretches lead to the Palace goal as well? Thought he was very poor last night and not remotely surprised hes injured again after playing twice in a week. Predictably unreliable.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #738: Sep 01, 2022 09:43:13 am
      Didn't one of his stretches lead to the Palace goal as well? Thought he was very poor last night and not remotely surprised hes injured again after playing twice in a week. Predictably unreliable.

Has been difficult for Hendo to play twice a week for some time now but what can the boss do. Should've played Fabinho against United and rested Hendo. I believe Hendo suffers with plantar fasciitis, so he has to deal with that. But with Thiago prone to injury the Boss is snookered in the midfield. Thankfully the two younger lads are showing serious promise otherwise we'd be really struggling to find midfield solutions.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #739: Sep 01, 2022 09:51:24 am
      He wasn’t great to be fair, his form has dipped. Just so passive and he’s bringing back the Hendo floating special which kills our game

I was screaming at tv at 1 point, we were in a great position down the left, he took ages wondering what to do, in the end he passed it back.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #740: Sep 01, 2022 09:52:41 am
      Has been difficult for Hendo to play twice a week for some time now but what can the boss do. Should've played Fabinho against United and rested Hendo. I believe Hendo suffers with plantar fasciitis, so he has to deal with that. But with Thiago prone to injury the Boss is snookered in the midfield. Thankfully the two younger lads are showing serious promise otherwise we'd be really struggling to find midfield solutions.

Harvey is playing great, gonna be difficult to drop. and Carvhalo is playing great coming off the bench.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #741: Sep 01, 2022 09:54:44 am
      Just in case any arses give you "where did all that extra time come from?"

https://twitter.com/BottyBot3000/status/1565251989671493633?t=kJmPmpxXyZvpkwo12e7tPg&s=19
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #742: Sep 01, 2022 10:03:56 am
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #743: Sep 01, 2022 10:27:10 am

I thought we were playing Atletico tbh. Alehouse tactics from their players all night and then the fans getting in on the act. The multi-ball system behind their goal wasn't working in 2nd half because the geordie fans wouldn't throw the balls back in. They got exactly what they deserved.

Silly thing is they probably didn't need to do it. Considering they were missing 3 of their best players I thought they were excellent. Had they been braver and not resorted to all that they might have won the game. Clearly the message has come through to their players to do everything they can to disrupt and slow the game. Sometimes you reap what you sow.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #744: Sep 01, 2022 10:42:39 am
      Credit to the team that kept pressing until the end to take all three points in a difficult encounter, against a seemingly well organised side, who resorted to time wasting tactics.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #745: Sep 01, 2022 10:56:46 am
      Least Ref Marriner was on to them. Gets a bit of stick from us but he was reasonable fair last night. Maybe he should've booked one of them but he penalised them in the end.

On the Mo front I'm loath to have a go at him, his game is finely balanced and he wasn't bad last night. He made some great runs but it just didn't click. Still was invovled in our two goals. We just need a better link from mid to attack. Elliott, when he came infield provided better.

The problem is it's being played in and around the half way line when we need a bit of stealth and power in that gap between our high line and the front 3. Elliott did a bit of it last night and it was effective.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #746: Sep 01, 2022 11:04:47 am
      Leeds manager also complained about Everton time wasting so we had a good indication of what awaits us on Saturday.
      Still buzzing over that goal though and the performance of Harvey who will just grow and grow in confidence with games like this.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #747: Sep 01, 2022 11:38:19 am
      Anyway..bring on the toffees....Frank is always up for touchline barney...just keep Nunez away from him..
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 521 posts | 108 
      Reply #748: Sep 01, 2022 12:25:03 pm
      So which of the asswipes on the Newcastle bench threw the water bottle towards our bench?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #749: Sep 01, 2022 01:04:12 pm
      I would argue this is what we needed...much more than the 9-0. Those are 3 points that required guts, determination, and willingness to bang away at it until it worked. I could type a whole lot of stuff about things I didn't like in our game, but honestly, that's the type of game I think gives you self belief and a feeling that, as a team, we will pull through adversity and get the points. It was a spirit building game and so I'll choose to just look at the positive, which outweighs the negatives for me, today.

On another note, something has to be done about the time waisting. It is, quite frankly, becoming ridiculous. What is the use of stoppage time if systematically, teams manage to waste much more than what the officials are allowed and willing to give at the end of the game AND anyway they can also waste the stoppage time as well. Something has to be done, especially with the goalkeepers, its getting to a point where you can waste about 30 seconds on each goal kick. I would argue that the yellows need to be shown early in the game for the keepers, but its not like we are seeing them late in the game either. Also, as a team, I think we should simply stop putting the ball out whenever we know that the other team is shithousing. Do this for a few games and preferably score from a situation or two of those and I'd be willing to bet we'll suddenly see a lot less of that crap being used against us. 

Good post mate, last night showed that we have the fight and will to win even down to the last second, a proper gritty performance in which perseverance paid off and their shithousery bit them on their well deserved arse, as for the deliberate time wasting…initially I’d like the ref to warn those offending that anymore will result in a yellow…and that each time said offenders have say 30 secs to get back on their feet, anything longer the ref adds a minute to injury time, last nights extra extra time was warranted so fair play to Marriner for not falling for their sh*t,

After the 5 min sign went up two outfield players and Pope had treatment for supposed cramp, it was pathetic to see, surprising for a Eddy Howe side, more akin to Simeone or Maureen led teams, ANYHOO, Who gives a f**k, barcodes got what they deserved, F**k ALL, and had they just stuck to their guns could have earned a draw,

So onwards and upwards to that f***in  ‘Shithole’  Woodison’ where we will once again come face to face with more Shithousery this time in the guise of Fat Frank’s sh*t kickers, F**kin Abhor this f***in lot, Bitter Blueshite Fuckpigs, still pretending to be a big club, bitter bitter bas**rds, I’m hoping tae f**k they go down, do a Leeds or better still Bury, and F**k Off altogether,

Usually you will say form goes oot the windy but not this time, blueshite are Sh*te and we will Sh*t all over them, they know it, we know it so let’s just get it done,

Same side that started last two, it’s a winning formula so no real reason to change except if Thiago made a remarkable return, doubtful I know but we can all f***in dream can’t we ?

Note; Took delivery yesterday of Pep Ljinders book ‘Intensity’ it’s absolutely fascinating and I’m only on page 79, really looking forward to reading it all the way thru, been watching football over 55 years and I’m still learning new stuff, the modern game with its psychology and healthy insights are a million miles away from what it was in my early days, the training methods and ideas are mesmerising, and like what Pep says, we do it our way, the Liverpool way, others may copy but we are always evolving and trying new ideas, one of the reasons why we are way way ahead in things like the Psycology, nutrition etc

Y  N  W  A
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts | 83 
      Reply #750: Sep 01, 2022 01:36:05 pm
      Despite the win this team looks suspicious. Klopp needs to realize he has to play a lower line. We do not have the class of City to play a high line, period.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #751: Sep 01, 2022 01:40:30 pm
      they threw a water bottle at our tech area but Howe didnt see it the little gobs***e

Should have been retrospective action taken, you can bet your arse if we had done it there'd be hell to play!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #752: Sep 01, 2022 01:44:48 pm
      Despite the win this team looks suspicious. Klopp needs to realize he has to play a lower line. We do not have the class of City to play a high line, period.

We have been caught out with breakaway goals this season, the defence should be a lot more cautious for the reasons you point out.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #753: Sep 01, 2022 01:54:17 pm
      Absolutely loving the internet fume that "The lovable Toon" got caught out by time wasting and generally trying to con the ref.

BTW, did they sing the classic "sign on" song?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #754: Sep 01, 2022 02:48:57 pm
      Twitter really is a place full of toxic fucks.

How is Klopp & FSG trending after our win and most of the posts are crying about how both have ruined our season.

Sort of like 20 pages of this thread until Fabio scored the winner.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #755: Sep 01, 2022 02:49:18 pm
      Regarding the time wasting. Is there not a way that they can dictate that if a player goes down (like Linton did 4 or 5 times) for something (even if it's a cramp) that they are immediately stretchered off to be looked at on the sideline while play continues? I guarantee if teams had to play with 10 men for stretches because they were faking injuries, that sh*t would stop.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #756: Sep 01, 2022 02:51:31 pm
      Regarding the time wasting. Is there not a way that they can dictate that if a player goes down (like Linton did 4 or 5 times) for something (even if it's a cramp) that they are immediately stretchered off to be looked at on the sideline while play continues? I guarantee if teams had to play with 10 men for stretches because they were faking injuries, that sh*t would stop.

Howe should be sacked for having the most unfit team in the league.

Going down with cramp my arse!

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #757: Sep 01, 2022 02:51:49 pm
      Least Ref Marriner was on to them. Gets a bit of stick from us but he was reasonable fair last night. Maybe he should've booked one of them but he penalised them in the end.

On the Mo front I'm loath to have a go at him, his game is finely balanced and he wasn't bad last night. He made some great runs but it just didn't click. Still was invovled in our two goals. We just need a better link from mid to attack. Elliott, when he came infield provided better.

The problem is it's being played in and around the half way line when we need a bit of stealth and power in that gap between our high line and the front 3. Elliott did a bit of it last night and it was effective.

The ref was sh*te.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #758: Sep 01, 2022 02:54:48 pm

Good video, but as much a concern as the blatant time wasting is that whatever the sound was playing on that vid is apparently considered "music" in some circles. Not fit for human consumption.
      (/oldmanranover)

Quick Reply