Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v NUFC?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      56 (64.4%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (4.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (5.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      22 (25.3%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Sep 04, 2022 09:58:53 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15367 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Sep 01, 2022 02:56:31 pm
      Leeds manager also complained about Everton time wasting so we had a good indication of what awaits us on Saturday.
      Still buzzing over that goal though and the performance of Harvey who will just grow and grow in confidence with games like this.

When the Blues waste time this weekend it will be trying to keep 4-0 from becoming 6-0.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #760: Sep 01, 2022 03:00:16 pm

That Ref is always sh*te, 99% of prem Ref’s are, but occasionally they do get it right and last nights added time to extra time is right, so kudos to Marriner for that .
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #761: Sep 01, 2022 03:01:52 pm
      Twitter really is a place full of toxic fucks.

How is Klopp & FSG trending after our win and most of the posts are crying about how both have ruined our season.

We might have gotten the win but there were still big problems in our team last night....and we’ve seen it a few times this season already. 

The midfield is dire and we need new signings. How we’ve not shipped certain players out who are useless to us (naby, ox) and perhaps sent another on loan (Jones), to create a space or two in the squad for new players is just poor running of the club.

Whether that’s down to Klopp or FSG we don’t really know. My opinion is that klopp holds on to these players longer than what we should because FSG won’t back him appropriately, he’s basically said as much in recent interviews.

So I’m not surprised they were both trending. A great win that should be celebrated but there were still big problems there.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #762: Sep 01, 2022 03:07:11 pm
      Leeds manager also complained about Everton time wasting so we had a good indication of what awaits us on Saturday.
      Still buzzing over that goal though and the performance of Harvey who will just grow and grow in confidence with games like this.

I watched that game and Everton were every bit as snidey as newcastle were last night.

Funny thing is, apparently the officials had a meeting pre season and time wasting was something they agreed to clamp down on but I’m yet to see any signs of it.

The referee last night should have spoken to either howe or lascelles (newcastles captain?) within the first ten minutes when it was blatantly obvious what they were doing and told them that if it carries on he will start booking players. But he didn’t. He just let it go on all game instead.

I would love to see a referee get his card out early for time wasting and then see him book that same player again for the same thing later on in the match and send him off. Other officials might follow suit then.

LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #763: Sep 01, 2022 03:17:58 pm
      I watched that game and Everton were every bit as snidey as newcastle were last night.

Funny thing is, apparently the officials had a meeting pre season and time wasting was something they agreed to clamp down on but I’m yet to see any signs of it.

The referee last night should have spoken to either howe or lascelles (newcastles captain?) within the first ten minutes when it was blatantly obvious what they were doing and told them that if it carries on he will start booking players. But he didn’t. He just let it go on all game instead.

I would love to see a referee get his card out early for time wasting and then see him book that same player again for the same thing later on in the match and send him off. Other officials might follow suit then.

Spot on.    But in fairness to the ref, he did add the extra 2 minutes to the original 5
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #764: Sep 01, 2022 05:12:12 pm
      please God if I see Milner on I might just burst a blood vessel. Hendo and fab dont work together well Harvey is all we have creatively ..this is Liverpool FFS a 19 year old our best hope

Said the same for months, yet nothing has been done about it
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #765: Sep 01, 2022 05:15:00 pm

Well the certainly didn’t do it when Fernandez was wasting time in the game against United but hey what’s new with refs one game it’s given the next not. I would rather they don’t bother
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #766: Sep 01, 2022 05:52:48 pm
      Spot on.    But in fairness to the ref, he did add the extra 2 minutes to the original 5

I give credit to the referee for continuing until 98th and rightly so. Once the 95th minute was up I was dreading the referee would do what they normally do and blow the whistle.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #767: Sep 01, 2022 06:21:25 pm
      Tough game last night, made up with the last minute winner, that shut the Geordie pricks right up. The F***ing time-wasting from Newcastle was pathetic with players going down like it was the Ardennes.

Brilliant finish from Carvalho for the winner.

Need to improve the dead ball from corners, every one from Robbo and Trent were awful.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #768: Sep 01, 2022 06:28:09 pm
      I thought we were playing Atletico tbh. Alehouse tactics from their players all night

Great bit of pre-match training for Saturday, as the blueshite will be even worse.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #769: Sep 01, 2022 07:00:06 pm
      Sort of like 20 pages of this thread until Fabio scored the winner.

I understand being mad during a game where we are underperforming but if we get the win like that, all of that negativity should go out the window, just enjoy the win.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #770: Sep 01, 2022 07:01:32 pm
      We might have gotten the win but there were still big problems in our team last night....and we’ve seen it a few times this season already. 

The midfield is dire and we need new signings. How we’ve not shipped certain players out who are useless to us (naby, ox) and perhaps sent another on loan (Jones), to create a space or two in the squad for new players is just poor running of the club.

Whether that’s down to Klopp or FSG we don’t really know. My opinion is that klopp holds on to these players longer than what we should because FSG won’t back him appropriately, he’s basically said as much in recent interviews.

So I’m not surprised they were both trending. A great win that should be celebrated but there were still big problems there.

I get there is frustration but when you see the tweets, a majority of them have no substance and are simply FSG and Klopp out. Or Klopp won't stand up to FSG etc. Just drivel.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #771: Sep 01, 2022 07:01:56 pm
      Sort of like 20 pages of this thread until Fabio scored the winner.

No way can you use a match thread when emotions are riding high as an example of toxicity.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #772: Sep 01, 2022 07:02:58 pm

That’s a very good video - blows Danny Mills theory that Pope was down for 20 seconds
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #773: Sep 01, 2022 07:13:53 pm
      No way can you use a match thread when emotions are riding high as an example of toxicity.

Toxic isn't the word I would use - and I totally understand being unhappy during the match with the way things were going. I was there too.

The impulse to immediately start going after the owners, etc. while the game is going on is what I find to be over the top. But to each his own.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #774: Sep 01, 2022 07:16:59 pm
      Toxic isn't the word I would use - and I totally understand being unhappy during the match with the way things were going. I was there too.

The impulse to immediately start going after the owners, etc. while the game is going on is what I find to be over the top. But to each his own.

It was embarrassing at times , not really here much during the match threads but I was staggered at what it descended into , everyone was disappointed in the way they were playing but all decent observations or valid criticisms etc where just drowned out
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #775: Sep 01, 2022 07:41:43 pm
      What’s the big deal with you all complaining about time wasting? We all do it to suit our selves in certain positions. Worked in your favour stop moaning and enjoy the 3 points.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #776: Sep 01, 2022 09:32:35 pm
      What’s the big deal with you all complaining about time wasting? We all do it to suit our selves in certain positions. Worked in your favour stop moaning and enjoy the 3 points.  :f_whistle:

Nah it was embarrassing watching them going down every time they were touched.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #777: Sep 01, 2022 09:40:17 pm
      Nah it was embarrassing watching them going down every time they were touched.

Yes it was but all clubs do it.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #778: Sep 01, 2022 10:29:03 pm

You are right Keith all clubs do it. Just some clubs take it to another level which is frustrating.

Goal keepers IMO are the worst and if the referee's booked them earlier in the match it would stop it I'm sure.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #779: Sep 01, 2022 10:44:33 pm

Not seen cramps like that in any other game Keith  or a GK collapsing after 3 mins , having a drink of water and then resuming like Lazarus
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #780: Sep 01, 2022 11:14:49 pm
      The pure salt of this win has been glorious.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #781: Sep 01, 2022 11:59:46 pm

Of course all teams do it but last night was worse than usual, felt like we were playing Atletico. I think the reaction in here shows it was. It’s always great to win a game so late but that was all the sweeter. That’s about as good as I felt after a win in a long time.

Quick Reply