Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arthur Melo (Juventus)

Read 12267 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Arthur Melo (Juventus)
      Reply #47: Sep 01, 2022 10:41:34 am

Oh well, at least we have two of them and can hope they get injured at different times ha ha
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #48: Sep 01, 2022 10:41:35 am
      Let’s pray he does come in and start well… how  would his play style work playing alongside Thiago when he’s back? I have no idea how he plays… would a Fab, Thiago, Arthur midfield work on paper?

Edit; if they can both be fit at the same time is another story.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #49: Sep 01, 2022 10:42:19 am
      Another Brazilian into the mix too, love it - he’ll fit right in.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #50: Sep 01, 2022 10:43:06 am
      Good, we need bodies and he has. A good pedigree with Barcelona and juve but we also need another cm imo
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #51: Sep 01, 2022 10:44:00 am
      Oh well, at least we have two of them and can hope they get injured at different times ha ha

That's the spirit 😃
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #52: Sep 01, 2022 10:44:39 am
      You've literally no way of telling if he's the right or wrong player.

May work out like a Kabak, may work out in our favour

Okay away from the arguments lets discuss something....

We hear "can't find the right type of player" as the main reason for our inactivity in the market for most years.

What do you think was the profile of "the right player" when we've been searching over the last month?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #53: Sep 01, 2022 10:47:42 am
      All that talk about why we can't sign someone because they're not the right player then go and sign the wrong player 😂😂😂

This here is FSG when they've spent their allocated, relegation battling style, budget. This is Kabak all over again. No one learned from the last time.

Where's the FSG cheerleaders now? LallanainhisYfronts, CT_LFC, FL_RED and the rest. Where are you lot?

Confused - you have been crying out for new players and the club are getting a £70mil player into the team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #54: Sep 01, 2022 10:47:57 am
      Okay away from the arguments lets discuss something....

We hear "can't find the right type of player" as the main reason for our inactivity in the market for most years.

What do you think was the profile of "the right player" when we've been searching over the last month?

Someone like Tchouameni. Who we tried to buy.

I'm guessing a Bellingham as well.

I'm not even sure the club have said we 'cant find the right type of player' anyway and is that just something transfer wierdos make up??

It's obvious to me we thought we had enough to get through this season with a view to going all in on someone next summer. Someone we couldn't get this summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Sep 01, 2022 10:49:06 am
      never heard of him and it doesnt seem to fit the "right player" message if its a loan does it.  WOlves looked at him too apparently but I guess we will find out soon enough if he is ready to play.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #56: Sep 01, 2022 10:51:34 am
      Only seen him once for Juve can't remember who against but he ran the show and that's all I can add. I think possibly one more as well permanent
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #57: Sep 01, 2022 10:51:36 am

Why is Kabak being slated ? I thought he served his purpose exactly. Unlike some of our other panic buys Stephen Davies, Caulker and the ever famous Lollotelli.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #58: Sep 01, 2022 10:53:20 am
      I always prefer single game highlights vids as you get the good, bad and ugly of a player but am struggling to find any recent ones (all from his Barca days). Certainly the Thiago comparison fits, looks like a good passer of a ball, great balance, technical player who is also quite combative. Apparently he hasn't yet featured for Juve this season so he will need to get fit. Could be a decent loan IF he can stay fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nydIbOrrAb8

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #59: Sep 01, 2022 10:54:08 am
      If it does go through then would be good to know if it’s a loan to buy

The guy was bought by Barcelona and Juve so there is clearly ability there

When it comes to injury record it doesn’t seem as bad as what Thiagos was and we were ok with him arriving
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #60: Sep 01, 2022 10:54:46 am

Absolutely.  There are some tits on here writing him off before  not only seeing him but not seeing him in the past at all
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #61: Sep 01, 2022 10:55:11 am
      Why is Kabak being slated ? I thought he served his purpose exactly. Unlike some of our other panic buys Stephen Davies, Caulker and the ever famous Lollotelli.

For me I mean more he'll be here for a season then not signed permanent.

In our favour I mean he plays really well and we could sign him to add to midfield for next season as I'd look to move Chamberlain, Keita and Milner on.

Needs more than just the one big signing next summer in CM
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #62: Sep 01, 2022 10:58:42 am
      Someone like Tchouameni. Who we tried to buy.

I'm guessing a Bellingham as well.

I'm not even sure the club have said we 'cant find the right type of player' anyway and is that just something transfer wierdos make up??

It's obvious to me we thought we had enough to get through this season with a view to going all in on someone next summer. Someone we couldn't get this summer.

My issue is we clearly needed a midfielder and Klopp came out and said it. After that, Jürgen has told us, the right type of player is not available and so we won't do anything.

All of a sudden the right type of player is available? I think this is a real panic buy with no financial commitment which tells me the whole time this was a financial thing and that's why I question FSG the way I do.

They can't bang on about there being money but no one to sign and then find a guy, who from the outside is clearly not the right player due to his attrbutes and injury record etc, then bring him in on loan.

There's other midfiders out there who are way more suited to our game and as a big club, as long as we showed them decent money, we would have got our man.

The lack of ambition shown by the owners is Jan 2021 all over again and this signing proves it.

I hope he does well. The odds are stacked against him based on his attributes and this League.

Let's get behind him, as he'll be a red and rightly so, but this sh*t show of a performance from FSG should be remembered and not forgotten.

Went from there's no one out there that is the "right" player to signing, based on attributes ans stats, the wrong player.

This sh*t you couldn't make up.

Welcome Arthur and we'll be right behind you mate regardless.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Sep 01, 2022 11:01:55 am
      For me I mean more he'll be here for a season then not signed permanent.

In our favour I mean he plays really well and we could sign him to add to midfield for next season as I'd look to move Chamberlain, Keita and Milner on.

Needs more than just the one big signing next summer in CM

Hendo also is collecting injuries these days so that is four from our current crop. There is no loan to buy agreement I guess Juve hope this will put him in the shop window if he does well. Lets hope he finds his natural home here and shines.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #64: Sep 01, 2022 11:06:35 am
      Meanwhile city signed another 15M pound player. Pep doing everything to buy the CL.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Sep 01, 2022 11:07:07 am
      Hendo also is collecting injuries these days so that is four from our current crop. There is no loan to buy agreement I guess Juve hope this will put him in the shop window if he does well. Lets hope he finds his natural home here and shines.

Think Klopps hands were tired in going for Melo. It’s certainly not the Klopp way from what I’ve seen of him. Must have something to do with Hendo picking up a injury, have you heard the severity of the injury Walt?

The fact it’s a loan deal proves this isn’t his long term target, I think that’s still Bellingham next year.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Sep 01, 2022 11:08:56 am
      Meanwhile city signed another 15M pound player. Pep doing everything to buy the CL.

It’s one thing buying everything but you still have to implement it. He’s not second best manager in the world for nothing.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #67: Sep 01, 2022 11:12:31 am
      If it does go through then would be good to know if it’s a loan to buy

The guy was bought by Barcelona and Juve so there is clearly ability there

When it comes to injury record it doesn’t seem as bad as what Thiagos was and we were ok with him arriving

Romano saying there’s no option to buy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #68: Sep 01, 2022 11:14:01 am
      Romano saying there’s no option to buy.

Not sure that sits well - but then I guess it depends on which team is making that decision , the talk was that Juve wanted to sell him because of his wages and Allegri not keen on him

Shop window time for him

Quick Reply