Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Arthur Melo (Juventus)

Read 12251 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: Arthur Melo (Juventus)
      Reply #115: Sep 01, 2022 04:59:31 pm
      Being from Brazil and having played for Barca I think he's likely to have a lot of quality on the ball and could be a useful addition if he stays fit. I'd be surprised if he's not an improvement on at least four of our other midfielders. It will be an interesting one to watch as for months we were told there aren't players out there who can improve us unless they are Kevin De Bruyne etc etc.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #116: Sep 01, 2022 05:18:16 pm
      Being from Brazil and having played for Barca I think he's likely to have a lot of quality on the ball and could be a useful addition if he stays fit. I'd be surprised if he's not an improvement on at least four of our other midfielders. It will be an interesting one to watch as for months we were told there aren't players out there who can improve us unless they are Kevin De Bruyne etc etc.

Think the truth being FSG donā€™t want to spend
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #117: Sep 01, 2022 05:19:20 pm
      We F***ing signed him yet or what - just get it done
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #118: Sep 01, 2022 05:20:46 pm
      This is exactly what it is racer, no way would Klopp have this player on the radar otherwise. This signing comes under ā€œ itā€™s better than nothingā€

so much for our excellent transfer team just one midfield player identified and he went to RM no plan B so PANIC
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #119: Sep 01, 2022 05:21:41 pm
      We f**king signed him yet or what - just get it done

waiting for the 98th minute mate unless we have a last minute punt for Bellingham......dont hold your breath
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #120: Sep 01, 2022 05:23:30 pm
      Trying to sign a player ā€œON LOANā€ FSG mingebags
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #121: Sep 01, 2022 05:28:40 pm
      Trying to sign a player ā€œON LOANā€ FSG mingebags

it goes against everything we have been told about signing players. Only the right players would be coming here so how do we end up with a last minute loan deal...The only other player on the planet Bellingham will not be available until next season when more than likely we will be outbid because of our high moral standing and principals.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #122: Sep 01, 2022 05:29:10 pm
      We f**king signed him yet or what - just get it done

"Our medical team discovered an injury that occurred when he stepped off the plane."
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #123: Sep 01, 2022 05:51:13 pm
      it goes against everything we have been told about signing players. Only the right players would be coming here so how do we end up with a last minute loan deal...The only other player on the planet Bellingham will not be available until next season when more than likely we will be outbid because of our high moral standing and principals.

I think we ended up with a last second loan deal because Henderson got injured last night, they don't know how bad it is and needed a body to make up numbers at this point? There is a difference between shopping for the future and shopping for contingencies.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #124: Sep 01, 2022 05:53:35 pm
      so much for our excellent transfer team just one midfield player identified and he went to RM no plan B so PANIC

Totally agree itā€™s against the grain for you lads. Itā€™s desperate measures though due to your midfield problems. Not sure I could even call your transfer team as theyā€™ve been excellent over the last few year.  Hendo being injured has arguably forced Klopps hands in doing something he doesnā€™t like.

If money has been put aside for the Bellingham deal next year a loan signing makes perfect sense to keep within  FSG budget.  Granted itā€™s not the midfielder you want by choice but like I said! Is anything better than nothing? Only you lot can decide that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #125: Sep 01, 2022 06:11:40 pm
      It seems people canā€™t equate the difference between going for a player you want, who currently isnā€™t available, and quickly signing someone because you are without enough players to field a midfield three, due to long term injuries.
      So Iā€™m assuming the other option was to promote a couple of 16 year olds from the academy.
      And people still manipulate it to become a reason to beat FSG with a big stick.
      FFS, we are currently in a midfield crisis, and Bellingham, if thatā€™s your flavour of the month, isnā€™t available until next summer !

Just for once, read between the lines, and be grateful weā€™ve managed to get a decent player in to bolster our side.

It isnā€™t a cheap alternative you bell ends, itā€™s a necessity!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #126: Sep 01, 2022 06:15:03 pm
      "Our medical team discovered an injury that occurred when he stepped off the plane."

:lmao: Have you seen his injury record? Not far from the truth there!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #127: Sep 01, 2022 06:15:53 pm
      What the actual F**k is going on, apparently this fella, donā€™t know who he is, is having a medical as we type, heā€™s a midfielder right ?

So I dunno but I think we may have missed a trick here, Billy Gilmour, yes Billy Gilmour, a perfect Klopp fit imo, is at Brighton doing exactly the same, dunno how old this Melo fella is but heā€™s no spring chicken, whereas Young Billy G is I think only 22,  no brainer for me, Melo feels like a panic buy and that my pedigree chums is not how we do business !!

Concerned !!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #128: Sep 01, 2022 06:28:32 pm
      What the actual F**k is going on, apparently this fella, donā€™t know who he is, is having a medical as we type, heā€™s a midfielder right ?

So I dunno but I think we may have missed a trick here, Billy Gilmour, yes Billy Gilmour, a perfect Klopp fit imo, is at Brighton doing exactly the same, dunno how old this Melo fella is but heā€™s no spring chicken, whereas Young Billy G is I think only 22,  no brainer for me, Melo feels like a panic buy and that my pedigree chums is not how we do business !!

Concerned !!

Arthur is 26. Was pretty good at Barcelona before he was used in a swap deal but hasn't done much at juventus
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #129: Sep 01, 2022 06:37:30 pm
      I am just playing it on what I saw of him only time I did and he was class. Movement in tight situations,  tackling and distribution all good
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #130: Sep 01, 2022 06:49:36 pm
      Arthur is 26. Was pretty good at Barcelona before he was used in a swap deal but hasn't done much at juventus

Hmm, 26 and apparently got the breaking strain of a Mars bar, and only on loan, well sh*t in a bag and punch it, we could have gotten a very very talented boy for Ā£10m ffs, and gotten 10 yrs out of him too, heā€™d be a good no2 to Thiago for starters and give us other options when and if required, we have ageing midfielder players and some who are injury prone aka Naby, yet we donā€™t show any interest whatsoever in Gilmour, I find that peculiar, Ā£10m isnā€™t a lot in todayā€™s crazy mad football world, if it were purely down to finances, and we canā€™t afford to spunk a measly Ā£10m then we are indeed in a whole world of sh*t, maybe he just wasnā€™t fancied I dunno but, heā€™s a pretty good prospect is young Billy and has high hopes, with working with JĆ¼rgen those high hopes he would excel, without a shadow of a doubt.

Just feel we have missed out here, massively!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #131: Sep 01, 2022 06:53:16 pm

Hmm, 26 and apparently got the breaking strain of a Mars bar, and only on loan, well sh*t in a bag and punch it, we could have gotten a very very talented boy for Ā£10m ffs, and gotten 10 yrs out of him too, heā€™d be a good no2 to Thiago for starters and give us other options when and if required, we have ageing midfielder players and some who are injury prone aka Naby, yet we donā€™t show any interest whatsoever in Gilmour, I find that peculiar, Ā£10m isnā€™t a lot in todayā€™s crazy mad football world, if it were purely down to finances, and we canā€™t afford to spunk a measly Ā£10m then we are indeed in a whole world of sh*t, maybe he just wasnā€™t fancied I dunno but, heā€™s a pretty good prospect is young Billy and has high hopes, with working with JĆ¼rgen those high hopes he would excel, without a shadow of a doubt.

Just feel we have missed out here, massively!!!

Not sure if Chelsea would have sold Gilmour to us. Gilmour is decent but he didnā€™t stand out in a very poor Norwich team , decent energy
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #132: Sep 01, 2022 07:12:27 pm
      Heard of this lad but never watched a full game of his. From what I'm hearing he is very much like Thiago. Great first touch and eye for a killer ball. Any new player whether on loan or bought should be welcomed and let's see how he does. Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #133: Sep 01, 2022 07:12:44 pm

Not sure if Chelsea would have sold Gilmour to us. Gilmour is decent but he didnā€™t stand out in a very poor Norwich team , decent energy

Get what your saying mate, but Norwich are hardly awash with world class individuals are they, to become a better player you need to play with much better playerā€™s, he couldnā€™t get a look in at Chavs because of the class of player there, going to Norwich was simply to keep him match fit and ready for international duty,

Canā€™t see the difference selling to Brighton rather than to us, weā€™re both Prem clubs, and itā€™s crystal Chavs, or more accurately Tuchel, didnā€™t fancy him at all, anyhoo, it donā€™t matter now itā€™s done, but we need midfield recruitments and he was ideal, so Iā€™m bemused to why our transfer board wouldnā€™t show their hand !!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #134: Sep 01, 2022 07:12:55 pm
      My lack of football knowledge these days outside of Liverpool is that I didnā€™t even know this guy existed :D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #135: Sep 01, 2022 07:14:11 pm

Get what your saying mate, but Norwich are hardly awash with world class individuals are they, to become a better player you need to play with much better playerā€™s, he couldnā€™t get a look in at Chavs because of the class of player there, going to Norwich was simply to keep him match fit and ready for international duty,

Canā€™t see the difference selling to Brighton rather than to us, weā€™re both Prem clubs, and itā€™s crystal Chavs, or more accurately Tuchel, didnā€™t fancy him at all, anyhoo, it donā€™t matter now itā€™s done, but we need midfield recruitments and he was ideal, so Iā€™m bemused to why our transfer board wouldnā€™t show their hand !!

I agree that he has at times looked a good player - Iā€™m guessing the scouts looked at him and just didnā€™t think he fitted the profile of the player they wanted
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #136: Sep 01, 2022 07:21:03 pm
      Watching the Sky deadline day coverage. I've never really watched it before. It amazes me how these comms all keep repeating themselves, but in a tone that makes it sound as if they are reporting something new. There's only one guy on the entire set who is breaking anything new.

I did hear that the LFC media staff were in position so it certainly sounds like all went well with the medical and the club are just waiting to make sure the official announcement comes from them (clicks and views).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #137: Sep 01, 2022 07:31:08 pm
      Watching the Sky deadline day coverage. I've never really watched it before. It amazes me how these comms all keep repeating themselves, but in a tone that makes it sound as if they are reporting something new. There's only one guy on the entire set who is breaking anything new.

I did hear that the LFC media staff were in position so it certainly sounds like all went well with the medical and the club are just waiting to make sure the official announcement comes from them (clicks and views).

Only decent thing to look at was Melissaā€™s legs, which reminds of one of my cheeky chat upsā€¦ā€¦.Nice Legsā€¦what time do they open ? 😁

Needless to say it never worked and thatā€™s why Iā€™m a lonely old fat Cnut who is Too old to Rock N Roll and Too young to die, happy Xmas fuckers !!

Quick Reply