Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cody Gakpo (PSV Eindhoven)

Read 4215 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Re: Cody Gakpo (PSV Eindhoven)
      Reply #23: Dec 26, 2022 10:35:40 pm
      Exactly, he would only be here if Jürgen wanted him and if Jürgen wants him, I'm on board.

Have no f**king clue who this lad is, mind you!  :D

Scored 3 in the world Cup. Looked good. Can play anywhere along that front line. Not sure how that managed to unimpress folks on here I must say.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Dec 26, 2022 10:46:28 pm
      Scored 3 in the world Cup. Looked good. Can play anywhere along that front line. Not sure how that managed to unimpress folks on here I must say.

That's what my mate said about him, not on this forum, he said that he was their stand out player at the WC and looks good.

Got excited, came in here, read the first few coments and got deflated thinking we signed some dud.

Time will tell I suppose.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #25: Dec 26, 2022 10:46:59 pm
      Right age and profile.  Stats add up .Virgil would have been consulted and clearly can play in different positions . Sounds good to me
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #26: Dec 26, 2022 10:50:26 pm
      He’s a winger, his idol is Henry. Works his ass off and is apparently a humble guy off the pitch.

Klopp has obviously wanted to shore up our attacking options so this is fine by me. I doubt this has any effect on us signing Bellingham. Also, likely a target for the summer but with United’s interest we decided to move now much like the Diaz signing. Great, great news. 
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Dec 26, 2022 10:59:38 pm
      At that price it’s an absolute steal in todays market, especially coming off a decent World Cup… great signing!
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #28: Dec 26, 2022 11:05:46 pm
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #29: Dec 26, 2022 11:15:49 pm
      23, stand in captain at PSV, Netherlands best player in WC, seemed a shoe-in for United, under 40M, what’s not to like.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #30: Dec 26, 2022 11:17:44 pm
      A good signing, typical of the majority of our buys in recent years. Approximately £40m, can play a few positions, young, good energy levels, bit of a shock with no leaks or significant rumours before it happens.

Only watched a little bit of him, looks good. I trust Klopp and the scouting staff (also VVD). We've had a couple of dodgy signings (Kieta and Ox) but they have been dodgy due to injuries that probably could not have been predicted.

I don't understand some of the negativity. I'd make a comparison to Mo and Diaz, how many of us thought they would make a big impact when they arrived for about £40m?

We still need a CM obviously but this signing is good for the squad depth for the rest of this season and the future.We will probably lose Kieta, Ox and Bobby in the summer so this adds another player to go with the younger generation.

Add Bellingham in the summer and the squad is looking good again with Bajcetic looking like he has a big future.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Dec 26, 2022 11:23:56 pm
      23, stand in captain at PSV, Netherlands best player in WC, seemed a shoe-in for United, under 40M, what’s not to like.

Exactly, I was impressed with this player in WC.

He was going to Utd, this was a neat and out of nowhere transfer.

I would play Darwin on the left, Gakpo central and the obviously Salah.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #32: Dec 26, 2022 11:25:56 pm
      Where on earth did this come from? Thought he was Manc bound or staying...
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #33: Dec 26, 2022 11:27:58 pm
      I wonder if Jones is getting a bit worried about where he fits in going forward?

Quick Reply