Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Arthur Melo (Juventus)

Read 23984 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Arthur Melo Player Thread (M)
      Reply #46: Sep 02, 2022 01:44:48 pm
      I'd like to know how Melo is the right player but everyone else isn't. I'm not being snarky, I'd really like to know. Either way, let's give him at least 90mins before we bin him off. Perhaps he's turned a corner, perhaps he's matured.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,550 posts | 3906 
      Reply #47: Sep 02, 2022 02:31:15 pm
      I’m excited about this guy - he looked f**king amazing on the ball against us with Barca
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 114 
      Reply #48: Sep 02, 2022 03:07:38 pm
      A few years ago he was a really exciting prospect. He clearly has talent, and now he’s working with a great coach who has got a lot out of less talented players. I’m happy with this signing.

Best of luck Arthur
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #49: Sep 02, 2022 03:08:34 pm
      When ppl say football fans are just a male version of Keeping Up With The Kardasian Fans, this is what they're talking about.

I'll ask you then smart ass.

Does Arthur Melo fit the mold of what fsg refer to as "the right player"?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,862 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #50: Sep 02, 2022 03:22:48 pm
      I'll ask you then smart ass.

Does Arthur Melo fit the mold of what fsg refer to as "the right player"?

Your probably asking the wrong person/s then. Wouldn’t of thought FSG would know the mold. Must of us know it’s more a panic buy dew to losing Hendo. Pretty confident Klopp wouldn’t of had him unless needs most. This was indeed a case of needs most.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #51: Sep 02, 2022 03:31:41 pm
      Your probably asking the wrong person/s then. Wouldn’t of thought FSG would know the mold. Must of us know it’s more a panic buy dew to losing Hendo. Pretty confident Klopp wouldn’t of had him unless needs most. This was indeed a case of needs most.

The thing is mate they can't have it both ways.

They can't attack us when we ask why we're not signing players with "the right player isn't available you n*b head bla bla" but when we sign, what seems to be, outside the "right player" mold, they attack us with "this isn't fifa you n*b head fickle fan bla bla".

It's like we're not allowed to say anything ever.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,165 posts | 1383 
      Reply #52: Sep 02, 2022 03:32:14 pm
      Plenty have lost their way slightly. We can give Arthur fresh impetus. Could be the spark he's looking for. Italian football can be a bit tight and clinical, more emotion in this league, more emotion at this club. If we can't get him fired up could be going home on the back of a Lambretta.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,862 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #53: Sep 02, 2022 03:37:06 pm
      The thing is mate they can't have it both ways.

They can't attack us when we ask why we're not signing players with "the right player isn't available you n*b head bla bla" but when we sign, what seems to be, outside the "right player" mold, they attack us with "this isn't fifa you n*b head fickle fan bla bla".

It's like we're not allowed to say anything ever.
      Your entitled to say anything you want, obviously there will always be opinions that differ from yours but doesn’t stop you having one.

Who knows, Melo may surprise everyone ( including Klopp ) time will tell.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,193 posts | 1205 
      Reply #54: Sep 02, 2022 03:49:42 pm
      Yikes. I saw "pubitis" on his injury list but didn't know what it was. Hopefully he has.......matured.

I thought this is what happens when you spend too long at your local boozer. Or inflammation of the pubes 🔥. It's actually a sports injury.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #55: Sep 02, 2022 04:33:15 pm
      Seemingly has a good record for brazil playing next to Fab.

Welcome lad.

I wonder if after Hendo got injured, Fab stuck his head into JĂźrgen's office and was like "Hey Boss, I know a guy...."
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #56: Sep 02, 2022 04:55:46 pm
      I thought this is what happens when you spend too long at your local boozer. Or inflammation of the pubes 🔥. It's actually a sports injury.

Been telling people for years that it's a sports injury
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      Reply #57: Sep 02, 2022 06:22:28 pm
      "Osteitis pubis is a painful condition that causes inflammation around the center of the pelvis. It usually occurs as a sports injury due to overuse of the hip and leg muscles. It's particularly common in athletes who play sports like soccer or hockey that involve changing direction, kicking, or pivoting."
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #58: Sep 02, 2022 06:59:42 pm
      I'd like to know how Melo is the right player but everyone else isn't. I'm not being snarky, I'd really like to know. Either way, let's give him at least 90mins before we bin him off. Perhaps he's turned a corner, perhaps he's matured.

And perhaps Klopp can get the best out of him here’s hoping , could be a nice surprise as the lad clearly has it in there .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Sep 02, 2022 07:07:29 pm
      So a guy that gets injured from raving in Paris and out for four weeks with an std.

What happened to we sign no one unless it's the "right signing"?

This signing basically destroys everything the fsg supporters have told us about transfer inactivity.

Welcome Arthur. Keep away from Paris, keep your willy in your pants and work hard. As long as you do that you'll be loved by us.

that would explain the bottle of Dettol as part of the medical.
      Great chance for the lad and he has some fellow Brazilians who must have been asked questions about him. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #60: Sep 02, 2022 07:09:14 pm
      And perhaps Klopp can get the best out of him here’s hoping , could be a nice surprise as the lad clearly has it in there .

I think anyone coming into this squad and not behaving will not last 5 mins these lads are 100% up for it they won't let anyone F**k it up.
      Could be the making of the lad
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      Reply #61: Sep 02, 2022 07:23:38 pm
      I think anyone coming into this squad and not behaving will not last 5 mins
      And you can ask Sakho to verify that
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #62: Sep 02, 2022 07:24:50 pm
      The lad will be surrounded by lads speaking the same language and also a couple of teammates from his international team , with a World Cup coming up he will be wanting to impress

And if he wants to be signed permanently then he will go out and play for it

His injury list doesn’t seem too bad and he knows that he won’t be able to behave like a plank or he is gone

Certainly has a lot of talent

https://twitter.com/sammcguire90/status/1565663897323020288?s=21&t=kMbM1K5B2ME4bZRPs0Mf2Q
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2022 07:43:28 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: Sep 02, 2022 10:24:55 pm
      The lad will be surrounded by lads speaking the same language and also a couple of teammates from his international team , with a World Cup coming up he will be wanting to impress

And if he wants to be signed permanently then he will go out and play for it

His injury list doesn’t seem too bad and he knows that he won’t be able to behave like a plank or he is gone

Certainly has a lot of talent

https://twitter.com/sammcguire90/status/1565663897323020288?s=21&t=kMbM1K5B2ME4bZRPs0Mf2Q

Fans will love him more with every through-ball assist to Darwin - maybe beginning in Napoli.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #64: Sep 03, 2022 08:06:31 am
      “Arthur is so bad that he joined Liverpool,” Adani aims a dig at Juventus over Arthur

CLUB NEWS

“Arthur is so bad that he joined Liverpool,” Adani aims a dig at Juventus over Arthur

SEPTEMBER 2, 2022 - 10:15 PM

Lele Adani never misses an opportunity to aim a dig at Juventus or Max Allegri.

He has become one of the most outspoken pundits in Italian football recently and Allegri is one of his biggest targets.

He dislikes how the Bianconeri manager sets his team up to play, as well as how he manages some talents at his disposal, especially very technical players.

One such player that struggled under the Bianconeri gaffer was Arthur Melo.

However, he has now secured a loan transfer to one of the best clubs in the world, Liverpool, and Adani wonders if that means the Reds are a poor club as well.

He said, as quoted by Football Italia:

“The news is that Arthur is so bad that he joined Liverpool.

“So, after saying that Arthur was bad, we must say the same of Klopp…poor football.”

Juve FC Says

Juventus fans have certainly stopped taking this man seriously because it seems their club is his only target in Italian football now.

The former defender is always looking for something around the club to comment on.

Arthur had his chances to impress under Allegri, but he was not good enough, and he might suit the Liverpool style more than ours.

https://www.juvefc.com/arthur-is-so-bad-that-he-joined-liverpool-adani-aims-a-dig-at-juventus-over-arthur/
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Sep 03, 2022 08:35:53 am
      I wonder if after Hendo got injured, Fab stuck his head into JĂźrgen's office and was like "Hey Boss, I know a guy...."

L o l maybe
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #66: Sep 03, 2022 11:51:41 am
      touch of the Kabak set up about it,,brought in purely to do a job, it seems.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #67: Sep 03, 2022 03:28:42 pm
      Hopefully he is the answer in midfield.   We are desperate for a controller in midfield thiago spends too long on the sidelines.   We havent had sustained control in midfield in a game for months apart from bournemouth.   This guy looks like he has the skill set can't wait. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #68: Sep 05, 2022 10:58:47 am
      Although at first, like many I wasn't thrilled with this deal. I can't deny I am looking forward to seeing him play for us. I know anyone can look good from highlights but from what I've been watching about him he looks quite a tidy player actually, very good with his control and use of the ball.

Hopefully he proves us wrong and becomes a great piece of business.

Quick Reply