Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Arthur Melo (Juventus)

Read 23549 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Re: Arthur Melo Player Thread (M) (on loan from Juventus)
      Reply #161: Oct 08, 2022 07:26:53 pm
      Also highlights Work pre transfer window when it was clear another body needed clearly was the dregs and even second choice at Juve after Zakaria
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #162: Oct 08, 2022 07:38:13 pm
      What a waste of time this debacle was.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #163: Oct 08, 2022 07:40:57 pm
      Really feel for him, he's a good player.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #164: Oct 08, 2022 08:07:36 pm
      Ben Davies part 2. Absolute bollox from the minge bag owners. F**k me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #165: Oct 08, 2022 08:13:10 pm

What a F***ing joke
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #166: Oct 08, 2022 08:23:40 pm
      Oh boy
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #167: Oct 08, 2022 08:42:27 pm
      I don't know this lad from Adam, but he's a professional footballer on Liverpool's books and therefore deserves a bit of respect and some sympathy due to his injury.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #168: Oct 08, 2022 08:51:54 pm
      another midfielder out for 3 months WTF is going on this lad wasnt even match fit when he came to us. Someone needs to get a grip we are just stumbling around in the market these days
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #169: Oct 09, 2022 01:23:36 am
      He apparently was busting a gut to get upto speed and fitness and this sh*t happens!

Gutted for him.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #170: Oct 09, 2022 01:47:32 am
      Signed a crock to cover for crocks.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #171: Oct 09, 2022 04:52:16 am
      So this was their idea of backing Klopp when he publicly stated he needed backing. Fsg fans surely can't deny this was clear that Jürgen isn't backed to the level he should be.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #172: Oct 09, 2022 10:18:19 am
      So unlucky for the lad.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #173: Oct 09, 2022 03:48:16 pm
      Our fitness and medical department needs to start being questioned. This is crazy.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #174: Oct 09, 2022 11:59:12 pm
      He came here fat as a b***ard. Was always going to be a risk of injury carrying his lard arse about and trying to get back in shape quickly.

A real joke of a transfer. Send him back to Turin and F***ing learn not to put ourselves in that position where we have to take ridiculous punts on jokers like that again.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #175: Oct 11, 2022 01:14:20 pm
      Our fitness and medical department needs to start being questioned. This is crazy.
      I have to echo this. Last season we seemed to have finally put our finger on something with Matip and Keita finally managing to play more than 3 games without visiting the physio's room. The former played the whole season with no injuries as far as I can remember. This morning Matip joins the rest of the injured for what is, already, his second spell injured and we are not even 9 games into the PL campaign.

What is happening? In addition to Keita and Matip we are also missing Robertson, Diaz, TAA, Jones, Arthur, and Ox. We also had to wait 2 months to see Jota and Ramsay reintegrate the team.

Okay, Keita and Matip are injury prone, altough like I mentioned above, last season proved we could manage them in a way that kept them injury-free (Keita's injuries were from nasty tackles like the one against Utd). However, none of Robertson, Jota, Diaz, TAA, and Jones are particularly injury prone. Even Arthur, a quick glance of his injury record with Juventus indicates he's not particularly injury prone despite arriving here having missed preseason through injury. He starts training and back he goes to the sideline.

I had the same question before last seasons and though oh wow, we finally changed something and its working, we have a similar injury rate as other teams. It seems were back to missing half the squad all season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #176: Oct 11, 2022 02:02:58 pm
      I have to echo this. Last season we seemed to have finally put our finger on something with Matip and Keita finally managing to play more than 3 games without visiting the physio's room. The former played the whole season with no injuries as far as I can remember. This morning Matip joins the rest of the injured for what is, already, his second spell injured and we are not even 9 games into the PL campaign.

What is happening? In addition to Keita and Matip we are also missing Robertson, Diaz, TAA, Jones, Arthur, and Ox. We also had to wait 2 months to see Jota and Ramsay reintegrate the team.

Okay, Keita and Matip are injury prone, altough like I mentioned above, last season proved we could manage them in a way that kept them injury-free (Keita's injuries were from nasty tackles like the one against Utd). However, none of Robertson, Jota, Diaz, TAA, and Jones are particularly injury prone. Even Arthur, a quick glance of his injury record with Juventus indicates he's not particularly injury prone despite arriving here having missed preseason through injury. He starts training and back he goes to the sideline.

I had the same question before last seasons and though oh wow, we finally changed something and its working, we have a similar injury rate as other teams. It seems were back to missing half the squad all season.

Diaz and Trent were hurt from tackles, so can't pin that on the medical team, but with the rest i have to seriously question them. As you mentioned, both Matip and Keita were available for the vast majority of last season, but for the most part we have players constantly going down with injuries and then taking a very long time to recover.

Would like to see how many games our players are out injured compared to the rest of the league. Can't blame it on the system either, since we're years removed from the "heavy metal" we saw in the first couple years under Jürgen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #177: Oct 11, 2022 03:21:17 pm
      Elite athletes need rest and recovery to ensure peak performance. This is not questionable.

Last season we had guys play a sh*t ton of games and then not have a very long layoff to rest and recover for the start of the new season. And as such, we are now seeing injuries as the games ramped up again.

Can these guys still perform even if they aren't physically 100%? Yes, but then the gulf in talent from great or world class to just good or run of the mill becomes a lot smaller and they start to look ordinary.

This doesn't even take into account the mental battles that elite athletes face. I think this is just a hangover year for us, I really do.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #178: Jan 04, 2023 08:13:54 pm
      Could not agree more.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #179: Jan 05, 2023 09:26:21 am
      Not staying past the summer.

Injuries are part of life as a footballer, but seem more unlucky than others.

Just remember they dont want to be injured they want to kick that daft baw aboot a park. l o l
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #180: Feb 25, 2023 01:33:18 pm
      Back to Juve in the summer.

No real shock tbf!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #181: Feb 25, 2023 02:06:18 pm
      Back to Juve in the summer.

No real shock tbf!!
      I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt as long as the player is injured, but once you tell me he is recovered and back to team training and I can't find him on any team sheet ever since then yeah, 100% failed transfer. Hope this is the last time I see us pulling such a move.

Edit: after making that post I realized I might be a bit harsh on the fella considering he hasn't played any football in forever. I saw he's playing with the u21s today so I'll just say I was a bit harsh on him and for that I was wrong. But its still a mess of a transfer from the club's perspective.
      « Last Edit: Feb 25, 2023 02:13:48 pm by PolarBearRed »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #182: Feb 25, 2023 05:24:42 pm
      Played the full 90 minutes in a 7-1 win
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #183: Feb 26, 2023 04:46:48 am
      Played the full 90 minutes in a 7-1 win
      New signing

Quick Reply