Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool; EPL, Sat 3rd Sept. 12:30 pm.

Read 4689 times
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Re: Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool; EPL, Sat 3rd Sept. 12:30 pm.
      Reply #46: Sep 02, 2022 10:01:55 pm
      I think a lot on here would agree Robbo and Trent have not been pulling up trees at the moment so my take on tomorrow's game is this..Play Harvey with Fab as a two restricting the full backs from there usual. Play Carvalho just behind Salah and Diaz..Everton won't know what hit em..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Sep 02, 2022 10:37:07 pm
      Early kick off means one thing. We either sit back and relax for the rest of the weekend, or it’s going to be miserable.

I hate the 12:30 Saturday games. Well, when we don’t win anyway.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #48: Sep 02, 2022 11:13:32 pm
      Them toe rags will do everything they can to slow the game down just like they did last season with t-rex arms throwing himself all over the ball for as long as he possibly can. I just hope the ref is strong and aware of their antics.

I hope Nunez doesn't play as they will be sure to wind him up and we don't want to lose him again for another 3 games, depending on how the game goes though, maybe get him on for the last 20 mins or so to give him a run out, don't think we'll see Arthur though, maybe on the bench.

As otheers have said. Milly for Hendo, keep Bobby up front as he's buzzing, Trent and Robbo will be on fire tomorrow, they'll run the show.

Harvey and Fabio both deserve a place but I don't trust them bitters not to delibrately go out and hack them down, but hopefully they'll be too quick for them.

Jürgen will know what he's doing and trust him to get this one in the bag, 3 points and mersey pride for a few months.

Come on you mighty REDS !!! Lets do this.

YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #49: Sep 02, 2022 11:44:52 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/sep/02/the-red-zone-liverpool-everton-merseyside-derby-klopp-lampard

Nice look at today's match and the importance of our press.

For me, the best bit is here: "For Klopp’s Liverpool in particular this is an existential question. It is easy to forget that Liverpool’s recent run didn’t have to happen, that it is an engineered, coach-driven thing. It is rare to find an elite team in any sport where success is built to such an extent on an emotional state, in inducing feelings in an opponent, the crowd, your own players."

Let's get into them.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,229 posts | 1388 
      Reply #50: Sep 02, 2022 11:55:49 pm
      Them toe rags will do everything they can to slow the game down just like they did last season with t-rex arms throwing himself all over the ball for as long as he possibly can. I just hope the ref is strong and aware of their antics.

I hope Nunez doesn't play as they will be sure to wind him up and we don't want to lose him again for another 3 games, depending on how the game goes though, maybe get him on for the last 20 mins or so to give him a run out, don't think we'll see Arthur though, maybe on the bench.

As otheers have said. Milly for Hendo, keep Bobby up front as he's buzzing, Trent and Robbo will be on fire tomorrow, they'll run the show.

Harvey and Fabio both deserve a place but I don't trust them bitters not to delibrately go out and hack them down, but hopefully they'll be too quick for them.

Jürgen will know what he's doing and trust him to get this one in the bag, 3 points and mersey pride for a few months.

YNWA  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Really can't have all this stuff about protecting Nunez from himself. He's a professional. The only consideration for not starting him V Everton is Bobby's form and that Nunez might not be up to match speed. We shouldn't, nor will we, keep Nunez off the team sheet because he might lose his temper. If he's picked, he'll perform to the best of his ability and won't go round attacking other players.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #51: Sep 03, 2022 12:28:12 am

Dead right Cas - half expecting Elliott and Carvalho to be on the end of some leg breaking tackle.

If that did happen the usual PR guff / apologists would come out in defence of the perpetrator 'Oh he's not that kind of player'...'the lad is totally cut up in the dressing room' etc etc
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #52: Sep 03, 2022 02:10:17 am
      As many said above it's really great having Diogo back.
      I think it will be Milly alongside Fab and Harvey in midfield.
      Also more likely Firmino start and Darwin on the bench.
      And the last one I'm desperated to see what the young Ramsey can do so if he is fit hopefully JK put him in this game squad.
      1-3 Liverpool, COYR :scarf:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #53: Sep 03, 2022 04:56:50 am
      Early kick off means one thing. We either sit back and relax for the rest of the weekend, or it’s going to be miserable.

I hate the 12:30 Saturday games. Well, when we don’t win anyway.

Try getting your ass out the bed at 6am so that you can be at the bar by 730 I'm the am. Really sucks when we don't win
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #54: Sep 03, 2022 06:46:49 am
      I don't think this is crazy at all against 18 other opponents in the Premier League. But Everton so full of dirty play, and they are consistently allowed to get away with it against us. So I think we will see Milner at the start.

But Bobby playing directly behind Nunez is a good shout for the rest of the season.

Firmino loves to drop so he won't be that out of position or place.

Klopp will play it safe and plays Milner.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #55: Sep 03, 2022 06:54:20 am
      Try to keep cool and win, sticking to my prediction 2  0 for Klopp's red army. Hoping it's a great day out for our fans.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #56: Sep 03, 2022 09:18:34 am
      Just win and try not to give me a heart attack. I'd take a 1-0 with one shot on target to their none
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,931 posts | 4991 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Sep 03, 2022 10:28:27 am
      Visiting the Sh*t kickers fraternity certainly won’t be easy, never is, and there will be moments where you’ll want to head butt the TV, I’ve pre-warned my neighbours of the inevitable sh*t storm heading their way, advised them to f**k the kids off for the day and to lock up all their dogs and grannies,

Utopia for us is battering these Cnuts tae F**k, like another 5niller, but I really don’t see that happening this time around, I fancy it to be quite a tight game with them useless trophy less f**k pig’s up to their usual shithousery, we will need a strong Ref,do they exist ? but I’m expecting someone like Oliver or some other Snowflake,

We left it late V Toon but that wasn’t our doing so I’m wondering if Fat Frank took note and reverts to similar shithousery, cos that’s their way isn’t it, they know we’re eon’s ahead of them and they have next to no chance of beating us, they know it, we know it, it’s got a certain degree of inevitability about it so their only way to gain a advantage is to apply their usual antics, bring it on Classless Cnuts, we’re expecting you,

Same X1 as last two games, aside from Hendo of course, Milner in for him cos we will need some steel next to Fabinho, wee Harvey to continue his rise to world class status and id have him sat in behind Bobby Mo & Luis, to help orchestrate attack’s and linking up play, he will have free roam all across the pitch east to west  sat in front of Jimmy & Fab and do most of Bobby’s running, leaving Bobby to do what Bobby does best,

We have the marauding Diaz mesmerising Blueshite with his hip jiggling running where only he knows where he’s going, but I love it, bamboozle’s defence’s and creates absolute mayhem along with opening spaces for others to exploit, slightly kamikaze but it fookin works doesn’t it ?

They’ll be absolutely desperate for a win, but it ain’t happening, they just haven’t got the tools to do any damage, sometimes I like to imagine what it’s really like to get in their heads, for example the window has just closed so just prior to that, I’d loved to have put in Cheeky bid for the young lad Gordon, not that I think he’d fit in here or indeed if he’s good enough, or needed,  but just to wind them horrible Cnuts up, just to get in their heads and piss them off just days prior to beating them, but that’s just me, I’m a nice wee guy, but just don’t f***in cross me, 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We all know what’s likely don’t we ? All blood and thunder for 20-30 mins then we settle into a nice rhythm and pass the Cnuts to death, attack when we have the ball, press when we don’t, Fat Frank will park the bus playing something akin to a 5-4-1, so I’m not expecting a goal fest if I’m honest, but what I do expect is for us just to do our own thing and get thru the game injury free, grab the three points and move onto Napoli, our next victim’s !!

0-2 Mighty Redmen

IMAGINE BEING US !!

Y  N  W  A
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,726 posts | 880 
      Reply #58: Sep 03, 2022 10:50:39 am
      Really can't have all this stuff about protecting Nunez from himself. He's a professional. The only consideration for not starting him V Everton is Bobby's form and that Nunez might not be up to match speed. We shouldn't, nor will we, keep Nunez off the team sheet because he might lose his temper. If he's picked, he'll perform to the best of his ability and won't go round attacking other players.

Agreed. I don't understand these comments worrying about Nunez.

He's just come back after an embarrassing red card. Why do people think he is going to do the same thing again - especially his first game back?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #59: Sep 03, 2022 11:11:27 am
      Nunez must play ffs every teams going to wind him up not just Everton so F**k em he plays
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,236 posts | 745 
      Reply #60: Sep 03, 2022 11:13:40 am
      Agreed. I don't understand these comments worrying about Nunez.

He's just come back after an embarrassing red card. Why do people think he is going to do the same thing again - especially his first game back?

Statistically it's unlikely he'll be sent off ever again, if needed play him. As for today, A clean sheet would be a novelty these days.....C'mon Reds show them the way to go home etc...etc....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #61: Sep 03, 2022 11:16:21 am
      Hopefully Salah rediscovers some goal scoring form as of today!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,824 posts | 3384 
      Reply #62: Sep 03, 2022 11:19:28 am
      Apparently Darwin , Carvallho and Kostas starting
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #63: Sep 03, 2022 11:20:40 am
      Never normally nervous for a derby but have a horrible feeling this morning. I think an early goal is vital or frustration might get the better of us. Please reds just turn up and put them in their place.

I imagine it will be the same team but Milner in for Hendo.

If things aren’t going well then I hope Jürgen brings on both Darwin and Carvalho earlier than when he normally makes subs. I haven’t been too impressed with Darwin so far to be honest but I think this game could be perfect for him. His size and pace should cause their bus pass centre halves some problems.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #64: Sep 03, 2022 11:21:02 am
      Arthur is in the squad apparently!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #65: Sep 03, 2022 11:24:06 am
      Arthur on the bench I just read after getting clearance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #66: Sep 03, 2022 11:27:56 am
      Could be wrong but Nunez starts
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #67: Sep 03, 2022 11:29:16 am
      Arthur on the bench I just read after getting clearance.

That was fast. Juve, airport, plane, bench :)
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #68: Sep 03, 2022 11:31:15 am
      That was fast. Juve, airport, plane, bench :)

Debut goal to 

Quick Reply