Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson Becker
      31 (49.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      12 (19%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.3%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (4.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.2%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (4.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (7.9%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Sep 07, 2022 02:25:37 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14121 times
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Sep 03, 2022 03:30:50 pm
      most games are on the floor these days and with the exception of Naaland there are not to many big n09's. Joe has improved every game and his pace today saved us a few times . Think we have to accept this is a transitional year . For me Mo is the biggest conundrum just what has happened to him.

Too predictable, all the opposition defenders know how to nullify him.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #507: Sep 03, 2022 03:31:52 pm
      most games are on the floor these days and with the exception of Naaland there are not to many big n09's. Joe has improved every game and his pace today saved us a few times . Think we have to accept this is a transitional year . For me Mo is the biggest conundrum just what has happened to him.
      In recent years we had the energy to press hard and win the ball back, quick release to either Mane or Salah into the space behind the defence and goal.
      That isn't happening anymore. Teams across Europe have got Mo figured out, at present he can't beat the first man, he just looks off it. He isn't getting into the game anywhere near enough to justify his wage. Let's hope he can turn it around, personally I'm not sure.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #508: Sep 03, 2022 03:32:07 pm
      Having the vast majority of the games the past few seasons been a draw when playing at Goodison?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #509: Sep 03, 2022 03:32:42 pm
      Getting very tired of Milner coming on and running around like a madman yet not doing very much at the same time.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #510: Sep 03, 2022 03:33:03 pm
      Just all a bit disjointed at the moment., seem to be searching for form, fitness, shape and balance. Did enough to win today .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #511: Sep 03, 2022 03:33:55 pm
      Well the match threads do provide some amusement- laughable some already questioning Nunez and some of the stuff said about Mo 🤦‍♂️

Standard crap derby , but one which only some stunning save from T-Rex arms stopped being a solid win

Team still look short of confidence, still look very leggy and have dropped their intensity

Front three will take time to gel but plenty of good stuff there

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #512: Sep 03, 2022 03:34:15 pm
      Having the vast majority of the games the past few seasons been a draw when playing at Goodison?

Yes. Felt like a game we’ve seen their loads  of times. The concern is, added to the crap we’ve seen this season, it’s pretty concerning.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #513: Sep 03, 2022 03:35:54 pm
      Klopp says Fabio left with a dead leg, and shouldn't be out long.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #514: Sep 03, 2022 03:36:11 pm
      Yes. Felt like a game we’ve seen their loads  of times. The concern is, added to the crap we’ve seen this season, it’s pretty concerning.

Aye it's standard derby game stuff but like you said I agree it's more concerning given the rest of what we've seen so far this season.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #515: Sep 03, 2022 03:37:44 pm
      Getting very tired of Milner coming on and running around like a madman yet not doing very much at the same time.
      Been a giant of a player his whole career but Father Time catches up with all of us, I suspect his premier league days are almost done.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #516: Sep 03, 2022 03:37:47 pm

I think we would have seen Arthur late, but since Milner was such a liability in the back, had to move him to midfield instead to save him the embarrassment of hooking him.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #517: Sep 03, 2022 03:43:13 pm
      The fact it’s 2022 and we still are relying on 37 year old James Milner to be effective for us in big games says it all.

Start of the season shows the squad needs a major refresh, maybe going so close last season and missing out on the big trophies has been the nail in the coffin, but squads need fresh faces and momentum and a bit of healthy turnover - a lot of our faces have been around a very long time now and it feels like we are headed into a transitionary period, think this season is going to be about remaining competitive but the owners or the committee or whoever need to wake up and see the issue before a real malaise sets it, there’s clearly something well off.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #518: Sep 03, 2022 03:46:37 pm
      Pathetic form from a talented group of players.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #519: Sep 03, 2022 03:50:42 pm
      Does anyone feel, that the upcoming World Cup break could be the biggest blessing in disguise for us?

This all day long
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #520: Sep 03, 2022 03:53:33 pm
      Interested as to why you think that?
      DanMann

• 5,756 posts | 884 
      Reply #521: Sep 03, 2022 03:57:24 pm
      Interested as to why you think that?

Because it will likely screw up all the teams. The season is basically two mini seasons.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #522: Sep 03, 2022 03:58:16 pm

When he comes on a midfield, he does ok in my opinion. Not fair to put him a RB today, especially with Gordon’s pace.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #523: Sep 03, 2022 03:59:07 pm
      Because it will likely screw up all the teams. The season is basically two mini seasons.

Agree, and if I’m not mistaken, our injury prone players are not with their national team?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #524: Sep 03, 2022 04:01:10 pm

Supposedly comes on to show his experience yet regularly does the most stupid of things.

He went to ground needlessly and didn’t win the ball, Everton get away and it’s 4 on 1 think. Thankfully maupay is sh*te and shot straight at Ali but all I was thinking was what the F**k was Milner doing.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #525: Sep 03, 2022 04:02:45 pm
      Sorry if I'm being a bit thick...but how does it screw up all the teams, and how doe's that benefit us?
      Don77

• 6,538 posts | 1088 
      Reply #526: Sep 03, 2022 04:04:15 pm
      Not a good performance and not for the first time not clinical when chances came.

Salah ... we have relied on his goals year in year out ... but they arnt coming now and we are struggling.

Cavalho and Elliott are talented boys ... and hopefully across many years will be influential to this club but as it us they are just young lads learning at this level.

We have stood still I'm afraid while others have and continue to get stronger and stronger buying quality players for the here and now.

Our big players are not performing. Fabinho looks a shell of what he was ... he's still in his 20s so I don't get it. Too much arrogance, unwillingness to put the dirty work in is rife in this squad.

Nunez ... we have to trust and I do trust jurgens judgment on him. But at this moment he's nowhere near haaland and cost less money at 51m ... yes I know the wages for haaland are much more ... but he's earning them. At 22 he's world class now ... probably the top striker in the game.

I think it's fair to say there will be no title this year. The midfield is still a glaring difference but I've gone over that ground before and won't again.

Jota back is a boost ... hopefully he gets upto speed soon.

Robbo left out today ... its about time trent and mo were left out. Trent has been woeful this season.

It's all very concerning. Yes we've made profit again this summer. But Stand still in this game and you go backwards very quickly.

City will walk to the title. Looks like arsenal utd and spurs are getting their act together and only a matter of time before Chelsea do as well ... we are really struggling and in a big fight to get a CL place. These players or most of them seem oblivious to that currently ... miles behind already and just no urgency intensity or quality. Its very concerning.

Napoli away next ... won't be easy there and tough league games coming up ... we will be mid table or worse after 10/12 games if we don't pull our finger out.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,813 posts | 471 
      Reply #527: Sep 03, 2022 04:06:13 pm
      Sorry if I'm being a bit thick...but how does it screw up all the teams, and how doe's that benefit us?

Your not thick, 
      I guess both of us are speculating at this point, couple times we had great form but then we had the international break and then we struggled a bit. I’m thinking, the way things are going, if we continue this bad form to the World Cup break, then have a break, we could enter The second part of the season with a little rest and hopefully firing on all cyclinders.

Again, all speculation on my view.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #528: Sep 03, 2022 04:13:00 pm
      Really……that’s a poor combo really.

Matip is easily bullied and Gomez is awful in the air plus neither vocal enough to play the high line Klopp wants.

Agree on Gomez is not great in the air.

This game Ali my MOTM.
      Feel sad by the way team performed, weird things happen behind this team if I'm honest. 

Quick Reply