Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Alisson Becker
      31 (49.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (3.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      12 (19%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.3%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.6%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (4.8%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.2%)
      Luis Diaz
      3 (4.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      5 (7.9%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Sep 07, 2022 02:25:37 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14065 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Sep 04, 2022 01:21:16 am
      Struggling to find our rhythm. In this type of game we needed a bit of class or a lucky break. Desperately need our absentees to return, Thiago especially.

Think we just missed the calmness and distribution of Tiago. We replaced that with two inexperienced youngsters, and it showed.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #576: Sep 04, 2022 01:53:09 am
      think we need to be patient with Fabio and Harvey although Harvey is showing the benefit of his longer experience at Liverpool.

I agree though I get the impression with how Klopp started with Harvey last season that he believe he is ready to contribute to the team now and he looks decent enough out there thus far.

Think Fabio probably in a situation where start him the odd game league game, start cup games and be on the bench as an option the rest of the time. Though after scoring in back to back games and lack of options Klopp probably thought he deserved a start (which I agree with). He just didn't perform well on the day and got a nasty knock to boot.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #577: Sep 04, 2022 06:37:40 am
      Our next 5 fixtures:

Wolves: A team that we struggled against and won by miracle last season.

Chelsea: A team that we cannot beat away at full power.

Brighton: A team that beat us at Anfield and exposed our midfield.

Arsenal: A team that is an excellent form.

City: No comments.

All those games are insanely hard and we are bound to drop points in at least 2 games here if not more.

You should definitely post more, I need cheering up!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #578: Sep 04, 2022 08:59:38 am
      We could be worse, we could be Everton ;D.

We take the point and move forward by working harder.

Come on Reds.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #579: Sep 04, 2022 10:17:32 am
      Draws just a standard result in these games. Says it all when thier goalie was motm.

Next
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #580: Sep 04, 2022 10:19:42 am
      Ps. We missed hendo.

Twas very nice to at least have some options on the bench , injury worries getting better in time for the games every 3 days now.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,265 posts | 758 
      Reply #581: Sep 04, 2022 10:24:57 am
      You should definitely post more, I need cheering up!
      With the exception of Utd. every team we've played is in the bottom half of the table.
      Feeling flat this morning...All this cack in the papers about how great Pickford was, 99% of the shots were right at him.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #582: Sep 04, 2022 10:35:21 am
      We looked like we were starting to get more consistent in the performances after a very poor start to the season (compared to the very high standards set in recent years). Still not at the level we want/expect but hopefully we will continue to improve.

There will need to be a lot of squad rotation in the next few months so it will help us that a lot of the injured players are returning.

City have dropped a few points against lesser teams as well and I don't think Arsenal will maintain their form. Maybe it's not a season where teams will get 90+ points again.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #583: Sep 04, 2022 10:43:37 am
      Ps. We missed hendo.

Twas very nice to at least have some options on the bench , injury worries getting better in time for the games every 3 days now.

I see this said a lot around social media but I think it’s a bit of a myth. Wonder if anybody has our record with and without Henderson.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #584: Sep 04, 2022 11:00:10 am
      Everton are to ban 2 "supporters"  after incidents during the game yesterday; one threw a bottle narrowly missing Jürgen Klopp and another ran on the pitch to confront referee Anthony Taylor.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #585: Sep 04, 2022 11:00:29 am
      PRESS CONFERENCE Jürgen Klopp's assessment of Everton 0-0 Liverpool

PRESS CONFERENCE

Jürgen Klopp's assessment of Everton 0-0 Liverpool

By Sam Williams at Goodison Park

Jürgen Klopp acknowledged that either side could have won Saturday’s Merseyside derby, which ended in a 0-0 draw.

Mohamed Salah hit the post deep into stoppage time of an intense Goodison Park clash between Everton and Liverpool that featured plenty of chances at both ends but no goals.

Conor Coady saw a 69th-minute goal disallowed for offside following a VAR review, while Darwin Nunez, Luis Diaz and Tom Davies all struck the woodwork in the first half.

Meanwhile, Alisson Becker and Jordan Pickford each made vital saves to ensure the points were shared.

On his thoughts on the game…

Rule number one: if you cannot win the derby, don’t lose it. We could have won it today but we could have lost it in a few moments as well. If you count the amount of chances we had and the amount of chances they had we would probably have been the deserved winner. I think that we had the last chance, which was a massive one, we could have won it then absolutely. Ali had to make two incredible saves and they scored a goal which was disallowed for a small offside, but obviously offside. So, [it was] intense like always and we were ready to fight after a super intense game on Wednesday, we tried to fight. Especially then of course in the second half it looked like an end-to-end game because after our set-pieces we didn’t defend the second balls they had particularly well. We had good set-pieces but we didn’t finish it off or when we got another one we were slightly too open and they used that in these moments pretty well. Apart from that they didn’t cause us a lot of problems or whatever, but we had to dig in deep obviously [and] that’s what we did.

On whether Salah is spending more time out wide this season…

No, it’s not more than other seasons or whatever, I’m not sure what you see there. We want to have Mo there in this position but we want to have Mo, and we always had him, more often in central positions as well. Today especially we wanted to use the boys a bit more centrally, but we didn’t have a lot of time to train obviously. Actually we only recovered, we spoke a lot about it, I’m not sure I was clear enough in the first half what we wanted. In the moments when we played, when Mo dropped or when Lucho dropped after two or three passes they were completely free in between the lines because Darwin kept the last line back with his pure presence and they like to drop pretty early. But we didn’t do that often enough, you are right. I don’t think in the season he is too often wide, maybe today in a few moments yes. But he could have scored again in the last minute pretty much.

On whether the decision to substitute Trent Alexander-Arnold was tactical and whether he is managing the right-back’s minutes…

We have to [manage his minutes], where can we change in the moment with the players coming in and coming back? So, Arthur is here and very good and very important for us but he didn’t play football for a long, long time and yesterday played a rondo with us. We thought actually until last night that he would not be available, he was in the squad but it was not the plan to bring him on so who do we then have on the bench? Yes, Millie can play in midfield and both full-back positions so we just thought again, like in the last game, it makes sense to bring in fresh legs there. That’s why we decided it like this. Trent is playing all the time, Robbo is playing all the time and from time to time, like we have in the moment, we have alternatives there so that’s why we have to use them. That’s why we have to use them to bring fresh energy on the pitch, pretty much. It’s nothing to do with his performance, even when I know Trent can play better than today definitely but it’s nothing to do with that. It’s just we have to get through this period, how it is, because, yes, players are coming back but they have to be reintegrated. We cannot just bring them back to play 90 minutes or whatever, that’s just not possible. That’s why we need to have a look where we can do the changes and give the game a new dynamic again.
      Virgil van Dijk on derby draw, Alisson saves and moving forward

On whether Nunez missing opportunities to win the game is ‘an issue’…

No. He had the start-stop integration, that’s how it is. We play all the time, that means we cannot train constantly, he was suspended in a week when we had two or three normal-ish sessions, the rest were individual when he had to do a bit more. In the sessions when we had them he looked really good but he still has to be integrated, that’s completely normal. So the way we played, it’s not that we created… he had the chance where we passed the ball back and it was an open goal and Pickford was still there but I know that he will score in these moments in the future, that is clear. But it was super intense for him today, super. We had to make the decision; Bobby was injured before, now played two or three games really, really good. Wednesday-Saturday, traditionally difficult fixtures and that’s why we decided to let Darwin start and he came through 80 minutes. No, it is not a concern or whatever, it is just the situation, it is all fine for the moment in that perspective.

If we would have played our absolutely best football game ever on Wednesday night, and maybe we did that once or twice before a derby, we still arrive here and it is this kind of game. Nobody should now be too surprised. Last year it looked slightly different because we scored in the right moments and we didn’t do that today, that’s why they could stay in the game and they are a different team than last year as well. The idea they have is obviously not a bad one: they defend pretty well and then the counter-attacks are a real threat and that’s it. There are not a lot of derbies that will be in my book of games that I will watch back again in the future, one or two maybe but all the others not because it’s never really outstanding football. It’s a big fight, which everybody expects from both teams. We fought, we didn’t play always extremely well but created enough, had top chances but didn’t use them and then you cannot score. But how I said, if you can’t win the derby, don’t lose it.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/Jürgen-klopps-assessment-everton-0-0-liverpool
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #586: Sep 04, 2022 01:59:24 pm
      Mo Mo Mo where have you gone mate

C’mon Walt, you should know better mate, every player goes thru lean spells, Mo has before, he is now, and he will again, sometimes he tries too hard and that’s what we’re seeing now, and all it takes is one goal and he’s confident again,

Some of the comments above are just pathetic to be honest and smacks of ‘glory hunting’ connotations, that tw*t Newdawn for instance, full of sh*t, has no f***in clue and is happy to throw Mo under the bus ffs,

No one aside from Joe, Harvey & Luis is playing well, we are still way off our capabilities and won’t be until we have the correct balance from back to front, we are using a slightly different system of which we won’t see the benefit of until we get Thiago back, and everyone used to the changes & singing from the same song sheet,

Be interesting if Jürgen slots in Melo after a few days on the training paddock, just to offer us more creativity and more experience than what Harvey or Carvalho currently have, for me that’s one of the parts missing, and probably why Mo isn’t firing on all of his cylinders, finishing hasn’t been clinical enough and chances created are less than normal, and all the while trying to introduce a slightly different approach to what we are all used to, we have a out and out striker now we didn’t need before who has missed the last three thru suspension, three games lost using the new system,

This sounds like I’m make excuses, but I’m only stating facts, that some of those neg heads have probably never even considered, they’d rather Chuck them under the bus or get rid altogether, thank F**k we have the world’s best manager & assistant manager or we would be a mediocre mid table side like the MUtants.

The debate that our players are f***in knackered has some legs, most have played over 200 games the last three seasons with scarce a long enough break in between, that has to have some kind of detrimental effect at some point, after all, irrespective of health and fitness, footballer’s are still human, just like the rest of us, and are not f***in robots you wind up at the start of the season and just let go !!
      Not saying that’s exactly why we’re way off kilter, but it has to be considered??

Y  N  W  A

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #587: Sep 04, 2022 02:15:13 pm
      Few and far between, I am afraid. This type of matches was crying out for one of those bullets, from no where.

He’s a right sided wing back ffs, NOT a AM, NOT a forward, NOT a Striker, maybe that’s why we get ‘few & far’ between, no ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      Reply #588: Sep 04, 2022 02:27:13 pm
      Sadio is badly missed, the midfield is awful and it’s spreading to the defence, we’re a shadow of what we were last season and with Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Brighton come up we need to improve and fast.

Yep, Mane is badly missed, true, but then, so is Gerrard, Alonso, Suarez, Torres, Dalglish, Molby, Souness, St. John, Liddle, and Lord f***in Lucan !!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #589: Sep 04, 2022 02:58:49 pm
      Ps. We missed hendo.

We seemed too lightweight in the middle with both Carvalho and Elliott in there. Would of left Fabio on the bench and played Milner. Possibly brought Carvalho on as an attacking option later in the game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #590: Sep 04, 2022 02:59:46 pm

C’mon Walt, you should know better mate, every player goes thru lean spells, Mo has before, he is now, and he will again, sometimes he tries too hard and that’s what we’re seeing now, and all it takes is one goal and he’s confident again,

Some of the comments above are just pathetic to be honest and smacks of ‘glory hunting’ connotations, that tw*t Newdawn for instance, full of sh*t, has no f***in clue and is happy to throw Mo under the bus ffs,

No one aside from Joe, Harvey & Luis is playing well, we are still way off our capabilities and won’t be until we have the correct balance from back to front, we are using a slightly different system of which we won’t see the benefit of until we get Thiago back, and everyone used to the changes & singing from the same song sheet,

Be interesting if Jürgen slots in Melo after a few days on the training paddock, just to offer us more creativity and more experience than what Harvey or Carvalho currently have, for me that’s one of the parts missing, and probably why Mo isn’t firing on all of his cylinders, finishing hasn’t been clinical enough and chances created are less than normal, and all the while trying to introduce a slightly different approach to what we are all used to, we have a out and out striker now we didn’t need before who has missed the last three thru suspension, three games lost using the new system,

This sounds like I’m make excuses, but I’m only stating facts, that some of those neg heads have probably never even considered, they’d rather Chuck them under the bus or get rid altogether, thank F**k we have the world’s best manager & assistant manager or we would be a mediocre mid table side like the MUtants.

The debate that our players are f***in knackered has some legs, most have played over 200 games the last three seasons with scarce a long enough break in between, that has to have some kind of detrimental effect at some point, after all, irrespective of health and fitness, footballer’s are still human, just like the rest of us, and are not f***in robots you wind up at the start of the season and just let go !!
      Not saying that’s exactly why we’re way off kilter, but it has to be considered??

Y  N  W  A

There's definitely been a change of tactics in the way Mo is playing.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #591: Sep 04, 2022 04:06:21 pm
      See the bitter anb twisted c**t have been spraying the Arnold Pic and the cu*ts at the ground not letting the fans in till 20min gone wtf dont let the cu*ts into Anfield F***ing RATS
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #592: Sep 04, 2022 04:36:36 pm
      We matched them for determination and effort at least which is the minimum requirement really. And we didn’t lose.

I think the main issue now is the confidence, for whatever reason, looks shot.

We look vulnerable too often and our strikers are over thinking.

Otherwise, it’s the dreaded slow start to the season I thought would happen. I felt at the beginning of the season we would be closer to third than we would to first.
      Hopefully we can find some form soon...
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #593: Sep 04, 2022 04:40:34 pm
      Next 5 games Inc Chelsea Arsenal and City plus a very good Brighton team, quite a tough schedule considering our current form
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,796 posts | 464 
      Reply #594: Sep 04, 2022 05:07:09 pm
      Next 5 games Inc Chelsea Arsenal and City plus a very good Brighton team, quite a tough schedule considering our current form

Maybe these tough games ahead is what we need to raise our game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 918 
      Reply #595: Sep 04, 2022 05:11:20 pm
      Maybe these tough games ahead is what we need to raise our game.

Whats wrong with beating the easy teams
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,796 posts | 464 
      Reply #596: Sep 04, 2022 05:17:56 pm
      Whats wrong with beating the easy teams

Not happening too easily at the moment.

Liverpool, When do we makes things easy?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 918 
      Reply #597: Sep 04, 2022 05:50:18 pm
      See the bitter anb twisted c**t have been spraying the Arnold Pic and the cu*ts at the ground not letting the fans in till 20min gone wtf dont let the cu*ts into Anfield f**king RATS

And the scum hit Klopp with a bottle

Quick Reply