Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Napoli?

Alisson Becker
      9 (12%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      4 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      59 (78.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.3%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.3%)
      Arthur Melo
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Sep 11, 2022 09:53:23 pm

Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18921 times
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Re: Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Sep 07, 2022 10:21:34 pm
      Something you could do to follow

And you!
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,851 posts | 406 
      Reply #806: Sep 07, 2022 10:21:44 pm

Just seen a bloke waddling about with a beer belly at the end there so there's hope for us all yet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #807: Sep 07, 2022 10:22:51 pm
      I'm not gonna lie.

I've suddenly started worrying about the prospect of Thursday night football and I really don't like it.

you think we will get third ? We have the players to solve this but we need them fit and in form.
      Someone made the point training kills us and when we get to playing twice and week and just do recovery, we do much better so F**k the intensive training off
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #808: Sep 07, 2022 10:23:01 pm
      It's the hardest game of our group games. Out of the way straight away so a free hit really, as a 1 nil loss or a draw would've been understandable with what's available. The tactics were shocking for me, though.

The personnel we had tonight wasn't cut out to play how we normally do. So why no Plan B??

Should've sat back and frustrated and tried to counter.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #809: Sep 07, 2022 10:23:08 pm
      He did all he could mate and was left exposed several times and had to come right out of  his box to clear the ball
      You've got to feel for him when inside 10 minutes he had already seen his entire backline beat, Osimhen running at him several times and had to face a penalty because the captain on the pitch blocks a shot with his arms extended like a butler offering to take somebody's coat. The rest of the half doesn't get any better for him because he then has to face a second penalty, stops it to keep us in the game but ''experienced'' center half Joe Gomez was having none of that ''lets get back in the game'' nonsense.

You also feel for him in the bigger picture of what is this season so far because its almost like Trent and Gomez are playing an entirely different offside line from the one VVD and Robbo have been playing all season. The number of times the offside line got beat specifically because of those two in what, 6 or 7 game now, is outstanding. To top that all off, the man covering his center backs in what seems to be their lowest point in recent memory, Fabinho, plays football like he is given sleeping pills 30 minutes before kick-off. I genuinely wouldn't mind Bajectic starting over him just for the message to be clear. If you're not arsed to relentlessly run, jump and be physical as the CDM of a team that plays a high and ''very quick'' press (emphasis on very quick here) then any talent you might have is useless.

F**k me.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,261 posts | 757 
      Reply #810: Sep 07, 2022 10:23:16 pm
      Just grim watching us get torn apart
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #811: Sep 07, 2022 10:23:28 pm
      Just seen a bloke waddling about with a beer belly at the end there so there's hope for us all yet.

F**k sake that was me again mate beer belly fu**ed knees
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #812: Sep 07, 2022 10:25:09 pm
      Just grim watching us get torn apart

where is the pride the passion Jurgens teams have these qualities before anything else, worrying when Jürgen cant explain that
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #813: Sep 07, 2022 10:25:36 pm
      Haven’t posted on here for ages and never thought I would again, there’s so much negativity.
      But something seems all wrong doesn’t it? Just not playing like lads who know each others game at all. I wonder if anything’s happened behind the scenes?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #814: Sep 07, 2022 10:27:01 pm
      Jürgen saying we need to reinvent ourselves its f***in 8 games into a season the window is closed we have what we have now starting again is nit really an option
      Stevie G the legend
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 15 
      Reply #815: Sep 07, 2022 10:27:24 pm
      This is what happens when you have no desire, no hunger. Mo Salah not interested, Fermino not even fit for Championship team let alone Champions league. Something seriously wrong in the dressing room. This is very worrying.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,851 posts | 406 
      Reply #816: Sep 07, 2022 10:29:21 pm
      Jürgen saying we need to reinvent ourselves its f***in 8 games into a season the window is closed we have what we have now starting again is nit really an option

Think we've already reinvented ourselves. As a bunch of F***ing shithouses.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #817: Sep 07, 2022 10:29:34 pm
      Didn't see the game tonight but by all accounts it was as grim as the scoreline suggest. I was hesitant before the game about Trent's defensive ability. A decision has to be made..is he a full back or an attacking right side midfield. He's fine in his position as long as we don't come under sustained attack. Pending.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #818: Sep 07, 2022 10:29:53 pm
      Thought I couldn't feel any more depressed but that Jürgen interview did it for me.

Saying we need to reinvent ourselves and find a totally new set up for everything just one month into a season. Can tell he knows we're in a huge amount of bother this season.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,851 posts | 406 
      Reply #819: Sep 07, 2022 10:30:27 pm
      I'm not gonna lie.

I've suddenly started worrying about the prospect of Thursday night football and I really don't like it.

Is that what day they do the conference league thing?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #820: Sep 07, 2022 10:30:53 pm
      Joe, Trent, Bobby and Mo need benching and Milner has just played his last game hopefully and sadly too.
      Worrying is that this is how he reacted at Dortmund when he couldn't come up with an answer. Well Jürgen just listen F**k off with the Loyalty and become a tw*t 7 games we have been out run and out sprint WTF is going on these players have gone on work to rule so F**k the lazy fuckers off and put out a team who will give their all
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #821: Sep 07, 2022 10:32:12 pm
      1st half was like Villarreal all over again, only worse as we could have been 5 or 6 behind. We also don't have anywhere near the same level of consistency or rhythm in our play to think we could have come back from that. We were literally relying upon a bit of magic from Diaz to even come close. The other forwards were absent without leave.
      moe2187
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | 10 
      Reply #822: Sep 07, 2022 10:32:19 pm
      This is what happens when you have no desire, no hunger. Mo Salah not interested, Fermino not even fit for Championship team let alone Champions league. Something seriously wrong in the dressing room. This is very worrying.

Hate to say it but footballers are human like all of us, they need motivating, they need to  be supported, not just from management but players too, if you have the same players year on year unavailable or limited in ability and having to rely on few players for goals, assists etc, overtime it grinds you down to the point where you give up, as any human would

This team is practically the same team from 2019 and have undergone the miles, the highs and the lows, but you need to refresh

I think SAF said in an interview, he had to and had to keep changing players, even when it confused his own staff because he had to keep evolving, this is where klopp could actually learn from someone, i know we all see SAF as some enemy, but there are still lessons there
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #823: Sep 07, 2022 10:34:14 pm
      Thought I couldn't feel any more depressed but that Jürgen interview did it for me.

Saying we need to reinvent ourselves and find a totally new set up for everything just one month into a season. Can tell he knows we're in a huge amount of bother this season.

mate take out the FSG nonsense and the Arguments but this forum has been angry because we know what a Liverpool team looks like and we havent seen it this season. Bill Shankly also was accused of being too loyal to players and kept them longer than he should and we have 3 or 4 who should have gone this summer. I suspect players also know who is really not upto it and this may be the bad karma around the place
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #824: Sep 07, 2022 10:38:13 pm

Really that’s poor from him.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #825: Sep 07, 2022 10:43:36 pm
      OMG I knew it was a massive mistake to come on here after a loss like that  :mad:

We've lost a game, and your all giving up !! Well I'm glad you don't play for Jürgen, get a grip FFS, it's only the first game, yeah it wasn't good at all. give the lads a chance will you.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #826: Sep 07, 2022 10:45:22 pm
      Just landed in Portugal for a holiday so missed the match and catching up on here
      Seriously thinking about getting a flight to Germany & kidnapping mane.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 339 
      Reply #827: Sep 07, 2022 10:46:02 pm
      Really that’s poor from him.

Seen a later interview where he seemed to say he should have reflected more on the game before giving that knee jerk reaction. Said thd lads were too far apart for 60 mins and couldnt press. Questions is why? Its not as if its new to them.

Quick Reply