Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Napoli?

Alisson Becker
      9 (12%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      4 (5.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      59 (78.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.3%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.3%)
      Arthur Melo
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Sep 11, 2022 09:53:23 pm

Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18247 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Napoli 4-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: Sep 10, 2022 11:40:03 pm
      on reflection and it is somewhat a sad reflection is the FA didn't think football supporters would respect the minutes silence that is quite sad.
      I am not a republican or Monarchist, but I like to follow our history and people who think the  monarchy is dead need to reflect on the crowds packing Windsor and Buckingham palace as they span generations both young and old.
      It makes no sense but it is what it is.
      I thought I read somewhere the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport decided to postpone football fixtures this week because it is the recognised National game, nothing more to it than that...Officially anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #921: Sep 11, 2022 12:21:45 am
      I thought I read somewhere the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport decided to postpone football fixtures this week because it is the recognised National game, nothing more to it than that...Officially anyway.

Although I always thought that football was our National sport, I only read recently, to my surprise, that it is officially cricket. And the cricket test v South Africa played on 🤷‍♂️
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #922: Sep 11, 2022 03:25:22 am

The DCMS actually said that.no sport was under any pressure or obligation  to postpone fixtures, and that it was Up to the individual governing   bodies to decide. The suggestion is that as Williams is president of the fa , it decided with the pl and elf etc to postpone games
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #923: Sep 11, 2022 09:05:52 am
      Only one king, and he used to play for us

Undoubtedly the king of football
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #924: Sep 11, 2022 01:52:28 pm

No one postponed anything.

They left up to the individual associations to make a decision.

A bit like the pandemic no one could be arsed making a decision, so the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport did what all government depts do and pass the buck.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #925: Sep 15, 2022 10:01:36 pm
      Quote from what-a-hit-son
      I'm not gonna lie.

I've suddenly started worrying about the prospect of Thursday night football and I really don't like it.

Losing games at Napoli is not a new thing for this club. Most of us groaned when we saw Napoli be the third seeds in our group, because we knew what was coming, and so it happened. But when it happened before, we got out of the group. So no need for mass panic atm.

Real lost at home to Tiraspol 12 months ago, and everyone said the team was finished. Then the team won the treble.

Quote from moe2187
      I think SAF said in an interview, he had to and had to keep changing players, even when it confused his own staff because he had to keep evolving, this is where klopp could actually learn from someone, i know we all see SAF as some enemy, but there are still lessons there

Stop listening to another manc telling us all what to do.

1. He had the pick of the world's players at the time.

2. He was able to outbid and strengthen his teams with unlimited budgets. He could throw money away on Veron.

3. He didn't have his rivals setting 95 and 100 points totals every year to worry about.

That's the kind of obstacles we're up against, so no we can't listen to his way of doing things. Even he wouldn't be able to challenge City, in the way we're able to.

Quick Reply