Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Ajax; CL Match Day 2; Tues 13th Sept K.O. 20:00

Read 5757 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Ajax; CL Match Day 2; Tues 13th Sept K.O. 20:00
      Sep 11, 2022 11:20:42 am
      Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Matip
      Van Dijk (c)
      Tsimikas

Arthur
      Fabinho
      Thiago

Salah
      Nunez
      Diaz

Subs:

Adrian (GK)
      Davies (GK)
      Mabaya
      Gomez
      Phillips
      Robertson
      Elliott
      Carvalho
      Milner
      Bajcetic
      Jota
      Firmino

Injured:

Kelleher
      Ramsay
      Konate
      Henderson
      Keita
      Jones
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2022 12:38:36 pm by RedPuppy »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Liverpool v Ajax Champs League Tues 13th Sept 20:00KO
      Reply #1: Sep 11, 2022 11:59:06 am
      Allison

Gomez     Matip     Virgil     Tsimikas

Fabinho      Thiago

Elliott         Salah        Diaz

Nunez
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #2: Sep 11, 2022 12:00:33 pm
      Kinda happy the game on the weekend was canceled after watching the horror show against Napoli. Straight back to CL now.

Not really looking forward to this. Hope Trent and Milner are not playing this one.

Just hope to see the lads put in a shift and don’t lose the game
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #3: Sep 11, 2022 12:11:15 pm
      On the contrary looking forward to the game against Ajax on Tuesday. Nice to have footie back again, surely we should see a better performance than last week 's horror show against Napoli.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4: Sep 11, 2022 12:19:36 pm
      On the contrary looking forward to the game against Ajax on Tuesday. Nice to have footie back again, surely we should see a better performance than last week 's horror show against Napoli.
      JK will no doubt have hammered it home to the players that that level of performance was unacceptable. I fully expect we'll see a marked improvement, and hopefully accordingly, a positive result.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Sep 11, 2022 12:28:25 pm
      Kinda happy the game on the weekend was canceled after watching the horror show against Napoli. Straight back to CL now.

Not really looking forward to this. Hope Trent and Milner are not playing this one.

Just hope to see the lads put in a shift and don’t lose the game

there  will be an audible groan at Anfield if Milner plays. Is the best thing for Trent to prove his critics wrong and play ?. The starting XI could be an interesting insight to what has been going on
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6: Sep 11, 2022 12:29:36 pm
      Erik ten Hag has whipped Antony and Martinez from the Ajax team but they won 5-0 day or two ago. Probably will weaken them in the long run and hopefully we'll give them a good caning.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Sep 11, 2022 12:31:08 pm
                  Ally
      Matip Philips VVD Kostas
        Thiago Fabinho Calvalho
         Elliot Nunez Diaz

Jürgen said we need to reinvent ourselves.
      Don't want to take that too literally, but we're almost getting worse, not better game on game.

When we have some control in the middle we have some breathing space, time for players to settle into a game, something we haven't really had. FSGs lack of investment, and lack of new blood in the middle, the usuals injured, is the main reason [obviously not the only reason] for that. But the window is over and we have the cards we've been dealt now till Jan at least.

Should Gomez, TAA, Milner start the next match after Napoli? Not imho, and wouldn't start Salah either. Jürgen surely has to get more ruthless with players who are obviously out of form, not mentally not right, or whatever it is with them. The very least we should expect is energy, aggression, closing down.

Bob is trying but looks like he's lost a yard of pace, OK against the lower teams, but exposed against the proper ones. Robbo and Kostas are a toss of a coin formwise. Jota looked like he needs more time to get match sharp. Melo is not match fit.  Nunez is struggling, but what can you do with a guy signed for 80mill, have to give him some time.

Really dependant on Thiago. If he starts, we've a MUCH better chance than if he doesn't. Hendo wasn't great before injury, but could do with him getting back some form. Poxy Keita and AOC can take a runnin jump.

Whatever reinvent means, hope we at least see players switched on, playing for each other, looking like they are pissed at recent performances. And hope the manager backs up the words with action, and we see something a little bit different, even if it doesn't work.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Sep 11, 2022 12:37:53 pm
      Don't think the Boss will tinker a great deal. Might be a gradual rather than a rush job reinvention wise. But the Boss does surprise us so I wouldn't rule out Trent in midfield.

Few days to take in the Napoli mauling didn't do any harm, although giving Wolves a thumping could've helped boost morale.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #9: Sep 11, 2022 12:40:12 pm
      Don't think the Boss will tinker a great deal. Might be a gradual rather than a rush job reinvention wise. But the Boss does surprise us so I wouldn't rule out Trent in midfield.

Few days to take in the Napoli mauling didn't do any harm, although giving Wolves a thumping could've helped boost morale.

Yea, Jürgen is notoriously conservative as a coach which can be both a positive and negative.

I posted what I'd do above, or something along these lines, but I expect very few changes and in all likelihood Milner and Trent still to start.

I'll be honest it will be disappointing if that's the case but if it is I only hope it's after a big conversation around expectations moving forward.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Ajax; CL Match Day 2; Tues 13th Sept K.O. 20:00
      Reply #10: Sep 11, 2022 01:32:15 pm
      Surely Milner can't start he has been such a great asset to the club it would be a terrible shame if that was tarnished now. Nat Phillips is unlikely to feature unless he is the only option left.
      Maybe Jürgen will give his players the chance to redeem themselves, so I agree I dont expect many changes .
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #11: Sep 11, 2022 08:27:21 pm
                        Allison
      Gomez - Matip - Virgil - Robbo
                 Fabinho - Thiago
             Salah - Firmino - Diaz
                        Nunez
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #12: Sep 11, 2022 09:09:54 pm
      Considering he would have had another weeks solid training to get up to speed I'd rather Jota down the middle for this than Nunez.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #13: Sep 11, 2022 10:04:28 pm
      I’ve posted a win, probably expect a draw to be honest .
      Wouldn’t be surprised with a loss. Just don’t understand what’s happened to the lads. Confidence seems to be non existent and all rythm and cohesion seem to be gone.

Dreading every game now, until we can get something positive going.
      Wolves game being postponed was probably a godsend. We clearly weren’t ready for them. Hope the extra couple of days training has discovered some form from somewhere.
      Very worried Red here.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #14: Sep 12, 2022 06:15:26 am
      With Thiago back, and Hendo out I feel now is the perfect time to play a 4-2-3-1. I think Elliot has been our most consistent player thisbfar, and I think his ceiling is very high. However, I think he should be the man to come out and bring in Bobby or Jota to play behind Nunez.

If we do play Elliot, I'd like to see him on the left and play Salah through the middle.

Gomez in for TAA. Keep Robbo in, people calling for him to be benched are puzzling. Thought he played as well as anyone in Napoli not named Diaz

Thiago being healthy is gonna he huge.

Need a few games where Milner doesn't play ;D. Love him, but my God is he bad now
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15: Sep 12, 2022 06:37:24 am
      What will it be since we last played? 9 to 10 days?

Surely that's enough time to get our game plan perfected.

So don't come out looking like 11 f**king strangers!!

Commeonnnnnnnn!!!

Edit 6 days, feels like forever!
      « Last Edit: Sep 12, 2022 06:48:25 am by AussieRed »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #16: Sep 12, 2022 06:46:52 am
      Played our last game against Napoli on Wednesday, expecting a much improved performance against Ajax tomorrow night, with a win for the Reds !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #17: Sep 12, 2022 08:42:37 am
      I have no idea what to expect
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #18: Sep 12, 2022 08:49:15 am

Yes you do. As a fan, expect a positive outcome. Trust that Jürgen has rectified some things since the last match and that the players would come out of hibernation and a "being sloppy, casual and average is an okay mentality".
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #19: Sep 12, 2022 08:59:35 am
      Yes you do. As a fan, expect a positive outcome. Trust that Jürgen has rectified some things since the last match and that the players would come out of hibernation and a "being sloppy, casual and average is an okay mentality".

Fingers crossed mate
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20: Sep 12, 2022 10:19:16 am
      Just glad there is some sort of footi on.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #21: Sep 12, 2022 10:44:03 am
                                   Alisson

Gomez.       Matip.          VVD.             Robbo

Elliot       Fabinho.     Thiago

Salah.             Nunez.             Diaz

Abit early for Jota yet. Looking for a performance from Mo, Fabinho and Virg. Senior pros need to start delivering.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Sep 12, 2022 11:13:42 am
      Will all depend on how everyone came thru training these last few days, I’d imagine after the deserved blitkreig Jürgen, pep et al  will hopefully have sorted a few things out, layed down the law and told the boys in no uncertain terms what is expected of them going forward,

It’s great Thiago is back but I wouldn’t want to over burden him after being out, so I’d still be cautious with him, if we are to get back close to the fraudsters he is absolutely pivotal and need him fully match fit, no half arsed measure required,

Not sure as yet if Melo is ready for the EPL yet so can see him coming off the bench, also not sure of the Curtis situation either so I don’t think Jürgen will have too many options for midfield,

Unlike some of you I’m sticking with Trent, he’s old enough to realise he’s probably had his worst 95 in a LFC shirt and old enough to accept responsibility for letting himself and the side down, I’d imagine Jürgen taking him to one side, arm around his shoulders and giving him all the motivation he needs to turn cons into pro’s,

Matip comes back in with Virgil who I hope will also have been spoken to, Robbo is our go to LB and like others has earned the right to put thing right so back on the horse immediately,

Fabinho will have shared the bollocking Jürgen assumedly gave and will know what is expected, reluctantly we have to play Thiago and just hope tae f**k he comes thru unscathed and ranks up a good 65-70mins, Elliot retains his well deserved place and alongside Diaz has been our best player thus far,

Diaz also retains his place, how can we drop him, I’m also sticking with Mo, you can’t drop this fella despite his lacklustre performances of late, but he’s the type of player who can turn on the style with a click of his fingers, if those behind him can link up the we can he’ll deliver, and finally I’m going for Jota thru the middle, he needs game time, he’ll need goals too to build confidence and he like Thiago is pivotal for the long stretch,
      Darwin for me needs to spend more time on the training paddocks learning all those little intricacies he will need to succeed as top LFC striker, with the injuries we’ve had I doubt Jürgen/Pep has been able to tweak his system to suit his obvious talents and for everyone else to adjust,
      so for the moment I’d use him as a impact sub for the last 20-30 mins,

Allison
            Trent   Matip  Virgil   Robbo
               Elliot   Fabinho  Thiago
                Salah      Jota     Diaz

Bench; Adrian, Kostas, Gomez, Bajcetic, Bobby, Nunez, Milner, Melo, Barnes, Liddle

Any kind of Reds win will do!!

YNWA

Quick Reply