Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Chelsea v Liverpool - on or off? (Now postponed)

Read 3989 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool - on or off? (Now postponed)
      Reply #23: Sep 13, 2022 10:30:18 am
      Inevitable we are heading for a fixture pile up later on in the season. Bin all friendly Internationals, would be a help, simply a waste of time !
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #24: Sep 13, 2022 03:34:54 pm
      Policing reasons. Not enough to go round! Police provide what they call 'Mutual Aid' to other Forces for major incidents etc, so presumably all down to having to supply police to go to London. (Or at least that's how I understand it)

There going to be a lot of head states from all over the world flying in over the weekend thatā€™s some massive security operations going to take place, I think they got over 100 police from Scotland coming down. They are predicting over 7millon people from out side London flooding in
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25: Sep 13, 2022 04:23:38 pm
      The Queen passing causes a break that may help us get a little healthy and rejuvenate ourselves. We go on a run that takes us all the way to another PL trophy and a 7th Big Ears.

In the end we'll have the monarchy to thank for our two big titles. ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Sep 14, 2022 09:13:10 pm
      Right thing to do. If they think that they are unsafe, it is the way forward.

I am alright with this break since we had a terrible form. If it was the other way round, it would be unfortunate because you would want to keep the ball rolling.

It's nothing to do with safety, more to with fan behaviour, the fa don't trust either set of fans (man u v leeds and us v chelsea) re minutes silence and national anthem.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #27: Sep 15, 2022 11:55:07 am
      unreal that we have to wait 17 days between games and then play every other day towards end of the season.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28: Sep 15, 2022 01:43:45 pm
      It's nothing to do with safety, more to with fan behaviour, the fa don't trust either set of fans (man u v leeds and us v chelsea) re minutes silence and national anthem.

Thatā€™s sort of understandable.
      What isnā€™t, is why many of our fans refuse to realise that itā€™s the government who they have an issue with. For all governments failings, past and present, thereā€™s nothing the Royal family can do about it. They just donā€™t have any influence 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø When are these muppets gonna realise.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #29: Sep 15, 2022 10:11:31 pm
      Quote from GERNS
      What isnā€™t, is why many of our fans refuse to realise that itā€™s the government who they have an issue with. For all governments failings, past and present, thereā€™s nothing the Royal family can do about it. They just donā€™t have any influence 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø When are these muppets gonna realise.

Every May, the Queen, or King now, reads out what the government is going to do. Every bill that is passed is sent to the Queen, or King now, to become law. The Queen, or King now, accepts the resignation of the old PM and the appointment of the new PM. They are the head of state, and their word counts.

There's no excuse for cancelling games over minute's silences. If there's any concerns over whether a minute silence will be respected, just have the applause instead and the problem is solved. And there's no need for national anthems either. In all my years of talking football with people, nobody has ever told me he's off to the match, just to hear the national anthem.

The level of hysteria over her is completely ott. She was a 96 year old woman who had a full life that reached it's natural end. Playing national anthems, having minutes of silence, and cancelling games, isn't going to make any difference or do anyone any good. Life has to move on.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #30: Sep 15, 2022 10:21:52 pm
      It would have been very interesting playing Chelsea atm, under a new manager, like ourselves not in the best of form. To wait so long for our next game, is very frustrating to say the least.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Sep 16, 2022 08:48:46 am
      Every May, the Queen, or King now, reads out what the government is going to do. Every bill that is passed is sent to the Queen, or King now, to become law. The Queen, or King now, accepts the resignation of the old PM and the appointment of the new PM. They are the head of state, and their word counts.

There's no excuse for cancelling games over minute's silences. If there's any concerns over whether a minute silence will be respected, just have the applause instead and the problem is solved. And there's no need for national anthems either. In all my years of talking football with people, nobody has ever told me he's off to the match, just to hear the national anthem.

The level of hysteria over her is completely ott. She was a 96 year old woman who had a full life that reached it's natural end. Playing national anthems, having minutes of silence, and cancelling games, isn't going to make any difference or do anyone any good. Life has to move on.

Ridiculous isnā€™t it, like you said she was a old woman who died naturally, ok I get the whole country has Royalists and those besotted with the Royal family, but weā€™re not all like that, Iā€™d say the vast majority of football going fans donā€™t give a shiny sh*te about the royals, the announcement to cancel was taken in plenty of time to have switched the fixture, to either Saturday or the Sunday dependant on which day Blueshite play @ home,

OTT, is a understatement, every channel, every radio station everywhere you turn itā€™s about her Maj going frog up, everyoneā€™s family loses their Ma at some point, and as sad as that is I donā€™t see why the whole f***in country has to stop because of it, and that f***in anthem can F**k off too, the establishment want us all bent over in grief to praise a head of state who for the most part knows F**k all about how weā€™re are being forced to live our lives, with thousands on the breadline or in poverty, this 2022 not 1922, yet they sit on f***in miĀ£Ā£ions in wealth and give F**k all to those who need it more,

And do get me started on that Cnut Truss, sheā€™s coming over all nice and everyoneā€™s favourite auntie, but wait and see, think Thatcher was bad, wait  and see what this horrible Cnut does !!

As you can probably tell, Iā€™m not too enamoured by any Royal, I give as many fucks to them as they give to me, when you have a head of state who so prepared to let the Government treat its public as cannon fodder, it kind of loses any respect it had, during her reign she has seen her ppl being treated like sh*te and done F**k all to either intervene or say something she didnā€™t  agree with, she was head of state ffs, nobody not even Government would go against her wishes, yet she sat on her throne and did F**k all for her ppl, and that mumbling Cnut Charlie the turd, will be no different .

Sorry, but they can all go F**k themselves, bunch of freeloading fuckpigā€™s, paedoā€™s, incest, bigamists Cnuts, ā€¦donā€™t forget to bow or courtseyā€¦ā€¦yeah, F**k off !!!

RANT OVER, I Thank Ye
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #32: Sep 16, 2022 10:15:27 am

NEVER PAID TAXES, BASICALLY PAID BY JOE PUBLIC TO TRAVEL THE WORLD SHAKING HANDS WITH FOLK AND WAVING AT FOLK.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33: Sep 16, 2022 10:17:00 am

Ridiculous isnā€™t it, like you said she was a old woman who died naturally, ok I get the whole country has Royalists and those besotted with the Royal family, but weā€™re not all like that, Iā€™d say the vast majority of football going fans donā€™t give a shiny sh*te about the royals, the announcement to cancel was taken in plenty of time to have switched the fixture, to either Saturday or the Sunday dependant on which day Blueshite play @ home,

OTT, is a understatement, every channel, every radio station everywhere you turn itā€™s about her Maj going frog up, everyoneā€™s family loses their Ma at some point, and as sad as that is I donā€™t see why the whole f***in country has to stop because of it, and that f***in anthem can f**k off too, the establishment want us all bent over in grief to praise a head of state who for the most part knows f**k all about how weā€™re are being forced to live our lives, with thousands on the breadline or in poverty, this 2022 not 1922, yet they sit on f***in miĀ£Ā£ions in wealth and give f**k all to those who need it more,

And do get me started on that Cnut Truss, sheā€™s coming over all nice and everyoneā€™s favourite auntie, but wait and see, think Thatcher was bad, wait  and see what this horrible Cnut does !!

As you can probably tell, Iā€™m not too enamoured by any Royal, I give as many fucks to them as they give to me, when you have a head of state who so prepared to let the Government treat its public as cannon fodder, it kind of loses any respect it had, during her reign she has seen her ppl being treated like sh*te and done f**k all to either intervene or say something she didnā€™t  agree with, she was head of state ffs, nobody not even Government would go against her wishes, yet she sat on her throne and did f**k all for her ppl, and that mumbling Cnut Charlie the turd, will be no different .

Sorry, but they can all go F**k themselves, bunch of freeloading fuckpigā€™s, paedoā€™s, incest, bigamists Cnuts, ā€¦donā€™t forget to bow or courtseyā€¦ā€¦yeah, F**k off !!!

RANT OVER, I Thank Ye

UHU  :gt-happyup:

And now arresting and charging young folk for daring to say negative stuff in public about Andrew. WTF North Korea much eh.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Sep 16, 2022 12:10:47 pm

OTT, is a understatement, every channel, every radio station everywhere you turn itā€™s about her Maj going frog up, everyoneā€™s family loses their Ma at some point, and as sad as that is I donā€™t see why the whole f***in country has to stop because of it, and that f***in anthem can f**k off too, the establishment want us all bent over in grief to praise a head of state who for the most part knows f**k all about how weā€™re are being forced to live our lives, with thousands on the breadline or in poverty, this 2022 not 1922, yet they sit on f***in miĀ£Ā£ions in wealth and give f**k all to those who need it more,

As you can probably tell, Iā€™m not too enamoured by any Royal, I give as many fucks to them as they give to me, when you have a head of state who so prepared to let the Government treat its public as cannon fodder, it kind of loses any respect it had, during her reign she has seen her ppl being treated like sh*te and done f**k all to either intervene or say something she didnā€™t  agree with, she was head of state ffs, nobody not even Government would go against her wishes, yet she sat on her throne and did f**k all for her ppl, and that mumbling Cnut Charlie the turd, will be no different .

RANT OVER, I Thank Ye

Billy, Since this is the politics forum now, how do you feel about Scottish independence?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #35: Sep 16, 2022 12:45:42 pm

Why care about or pay tribute to a family who paid millions to prevent one of them going to prison for being a nonce?

It isnā€™t just about the government neglecting our city for decades and the Hillsborough cover up. She was the symbol of Great Britain. Something those ā€˜muppetsā€™ you refer to want to be no part of.

You know, because they watch other muppets turn up to anfield week in, week out and sing feed the scousers and what not. The same scousers (red AND blue) who provide the most to food banks up and down the country on away days.

F**k Great Britain and nonce supporting families. Put the money in the food banks like us scousers do instead of keeping your own out of prison.

Scouse, not English.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #36: Sep 16, 2022 02:41:03 pm
      Well this has gone way off topic, game postponed, c'est la vie..

Locked.

Quick Reply