Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Ajax?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      28 (34.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      5 (6.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      36 (44.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      10 (12.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2022 09:53:53 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14220 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Sep 14, 2022 10:46:00 am
      Wonder if he's referring to the Carras of this world who are happy to dance to the sensationalist agenda of Sky.

he is a company man ever since the spitting event.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #369: Sep 14, 2022 10:47:08 am
      Better performance, from the team, aii round. It certainly makes a big difference having Jota and especially Matip back, it is just a pity that their is a break before the next game. Only consolation it gives time for other players time to recover from various injuries.

As ever it is only a very small minority of so called fans tried to ruin the minute's silence and no way should reflect on the vast majority of well behaved supporters who attended the game.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #370: Sep 14, 2022 10:49:38 am
      -Great to see forward ambition from the mids rather than TAA banging long distance prayers into the box.

-Diaz is half pit bull / half energizer bunny. The man is 'all in' all the time.

-Hell of a first goal...Diaz header to Jota who unselfishly dished to Mo who slotted it like a true pro.
      Extra passes create easy goals.

-Have to say I'm leaning Tsimikas over Robbo these days. I have a lot of confidence in the Greek

-For those viewers in the States.....
      Do you agree with me the Paramount+ Champions League production is a clown show.
      Not sure if so but it certainly seems like the game announcers aren't even in the building.
      The production muzzles the crowd sounds. Stadiums are going nuts but you would never know it by the sound levels.
      For me, what sets apart European soccer from the sports I grew up following are the 'all in' fans yet Paramount+ filters out all the fan created emotion.
      And the cocktail waitress MC / studio experts segments are just space-filling giggle fests
      Compared to the seamless NBC/USA Network PL production, Paramount+ is amateur hour.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #371: Sep 14, 2022 11:10:59 am
      -Great to see forward ambition from the mids rather than TAA banging long distance prayers into the box.

-Diaz is half pit bull / half energizer bunny. The man is 'all in' all the time.

-Hell of a first goal...Diaz header to Jota who unselfishly dished to Mo who slotted it like a true pro.
      Extra passes create easy goals.

-Have to say I'm leaning Tsimikas over Robbo these days. I have a lot of confidence in the Greek

-For those viewers in the States.....
      Do you agree with me the Paramount+ Champions League production is a clown show.
      Not sure if so but it certainly seems like the game announcers aren't even in the building.
      The production muzzles the crowd sounds. Stadiums are going nuts but you would never know it by the sound levels.
      For me, what sets apart European soccer from the sports I grew up following are the 'all in' fans yet Paramount+ filters out all the fan created emotion.
      And the cocktail waitress MC / studio experts segments are just space-filling giggle fests
      Compared to the seamless NBC/USA Network PL production, Paramount+ is amateur hour.

Agree on the Kostas front. He is now a genuine contender for a regular place. Robbo is still in pole position but it's now a genuine fight for left back.

Take it your obviously from the US. As big a sports fan as I am I just can't get into American football, baseball, basketball or hockey. Seems like the in studio US 'soccer' 'experts' talk through their backsides, well mush it isn't much different over here.
      In fact it's usually open season on 'experts' and there are numerous Ex-Liverpool players who have picked up a 'mic' to earn a crust. And they don't get any extra respect just because they're Ex-reds.

Still good to get the win but now next game is Oct..9 games in October so that month could easily define our season.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2022 11:20:42 am by Harrisimo »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #372: Sep 14, 2022 11:28:35 am
      Relieved to get the points. Don't think it was as good of a performance as what some are suggesting but it was certainly an improvement on napoli, which isn’t saying much to be honest.

Few positives and a few negatives. Having matip back in the side makes a huge difference. He’s our best centre half but he won’t get the plaudits that Van Dijk does because he didn’t cost 75m. But he’s a superb defender and he makes Van Dijk much better and he improves trents game too, compared to the Trent/gomez partnership which is just a car crash.

Thiago. He’s the best centre mid in the world. We need to look after him and if it means resting him in home games against the ‘lesser’ teams then so be it. We need him fit and available for every major fixture and then we will always have a chance.

Made up to have Jota back. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He should definitely start ahead of Bobby and Darwin that’s for sure.

Now for the negatives. Despite improving having big Joel next to him, trent was still exposed on more than one occasion and that right back area is a real concern. In fairness to Trent and I’ve said this a few times now, but he doesn’t get the same protection as whoever the left back is. Elliott doesn’t cover him enough and neither does Salah. I don’t particularly rate Hendo but I think the job he does covering Trent is actually underrated.

Now our attack. I think we’ve lost a real spark when we go forward. It’s gone from heavy metal to a bit of boyzone to be honest. I think a part of this is the pace of mane and how direct he was. Mane always wanted to be played in behind we we’ve lost that option now. Diaz likes to get on the ball and cuts inside. He takes too many touches sometimes and it can slow our play down and allow the opposition to re-organise.

I also thought mane was more consistent. He was a menace from minute 1 to minute 90 whether that was defending or attacking, he was always in the game. Diaz on the other hand blows hot and cold. When hes hot then hes a proper player, but he has spells in the game for 10, 15, 20 mins where he’s just not involved at all.

Now Darwin. I know he only got 25 mins or so but he failed to impress again. You can tell whether you have a top player or not basically straight away based on their first touch & technique and things like that and he just looks very clumsy, certainly not world class. Time will tell on him obviously but first impressions aren’t great at all and I have my doubts about him already.

Anyway, a good result but still a lot of work to do to get back to our usual and incredibly high standards.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #373: Sep 14, 2022 11:43:15 am
      Relieved to get the points. Don't think it was as good of a performance as what some are suggesting but it was certainly an improvement on napoli, which isn’t saying much to be honest.

Few positives and a few negatives. Having matip back in the side makes a huge difference. He’s our best centre half but he won’t get the plaudits that Van Dijk does because he didn’t cost 75m. But he’s a superb defender and he makes Van Dijk much better and he improves trents game too, compared to the Trent/gomez partnership which is just a car crash.

Thiago. He’s the best centre mid in the world. We need to look after him and if it means resting him in home games against the ‘lesser’ teams then so be it. We need him fit and available for every major fixture and then we will always have a chance.

Made up to have Jota back. He should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He should definitely start ahead of Bobby and Darwin that’s for sure.

Now for the negatives. Despite improving having big Joel next to him, trent was still exposed on more than one occasion and that right back area is a real concern. In fairness to Trent and I’ve said this a few times now, but he doesn’t get the same protection as whoever the left back is. Elliott doesn’t cover him enough and neither does Salah. I don’t particularly rate Hendo but I think the job he does covering Trent is actually underrated.

Now our attack. I think we’ve lost a real spark when we go forward. It’s gone from heavy metal to a bit of boyzone to be honest. I think a part of this is the pace of mane and how direct he was. Mane always wanted to be played in behind we we’ve lost that option now. Diaz likes to get on the ball and cuts inside. He takes too many touches sometimes and it can slow our play down and allow the opposition to re-organise.

I also thought mane was more consistent. He was a menace from minute 1 to minute 90 whether that was defending or attacking, he was always in the game. Diaz on the other hand blows hot and cold. When hes hot then hes a proper player, but he has spells in the game for 10, 15, 20 mins where he’s just not involved at all.

Now Darwin. I know he only got 25 mins or so but he failed to impress again. You can tell whether you have a top player or not basically straight away based on their first touch & technique and things like that and he just looks very clumsy, certainly not world class. Time will tell on him obviously but first impressions aren’t great at all and I have my doubts about him already.

Anyway, a good result but still a lot of work to do to get back to our usual and incredibly high standards.

Well Elliott isn't the answer as attacking midfield. He looked very lightweight and limited last night. Trent is not a top defender and I'm sure Sir Bob Paisley would've moved him into midfield. Could've played Joe at right back. That is the solution to the Trent dilemma. Trent spends most of his time up there anyway. Got to give Nunez more time. He will improve, yes the jury's still out but to be fair we shouldn't rush to judgement.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #374: Sep 14, 2022 11:58:54 am
      Well Elliott isn't the answer as attacking midfield. He looked very lightweight and limited last night. Trent is not a top defender and I'm sure Sir Bob Paisley would've moved him into midfield. Could've played Joe at right back. That is the solution to the Trent dilemma. Trent spends most of his time up there anyway. Got to give Nunez more time. He will improve, yes the jury's still out but to be fair we shouldn't rush to judgement.

I mentioned moving Trent into midfield a while back on here but a few people laughed. Don’t see why it’s such a crazy idea considering he played his whole youth career as a midfielder and as you say we’re a bit light in there at the moment. Trent in the middle and Joe at right back makes us more solid definitely, it’s just whether Trent has the quick feet & agility to play in the middle at this level. I think he would be fine personally and when loose balls come to the edge of the box who would we want it to fall to? Trent. He strikes a ball as good as anybody.

The flip side is our full backs have been a major reason to why we’ve been so brutal in our attack. Both robertson and Trent have picked up dozens of assists. So would we lose that threat if Joe played right back? Most certainly.

Darwin I’m not writing off by any means. We’re in mid September. But compare him to when Diaz came into the team for example. Diaz first touch, his technical ability etc made you sit up and think we’ve got a player here. Suarez was the same. Torres. Alonso. You just know instantly that they’re a player. I’m yet to see that from Darwin and he just looks like another Benteke to me.

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Liverpool vs Ajax: Live match thread
      Reply #375: Sep 14, 2022 12:20:06 pm
      I'd imagine in a crowd of 55,000 people some people will.  But not many.  Very well observed, as all minutes silences are at Anfield.  It's the likes of Chelsea and United who struggle with minute silences for dead people.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1569764587309785088

Seems a mixed reaction - headline about the silence having been cut to 25 seconds because of booing and chanting.

Was that true?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #376: Sep 14, 2022 12:27:18 pm
      Seems a mixed reaction - headline about the silence having been cut to 25 seconds because of booing and chanting.

Was that true?

It was cut short - wasn’t booing but some tried to shout out but then got shouted down
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #377: Sep 14, 2022 12:28:24 pm

Was that true?

No. Or it didn’t feel that short anyway. Didn’t hear any boo or any chants either.

I sit in the upper centenary and 2 or 3 people shouted something out, which made a few others tell them to be quiet, including an Irishman in the Anfield road I think who said ‘shut the F**k up’ which got some giggles.

99% of reds were respectful though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #378: Sep 14, 2022 12:32:28 pm
      It wasn’t cut short - the club had decided it was a moments silence and not a minute.

Got to agree with others that the patronising sh*te the club came out with beforehand has left a sour taste in the mouth.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #379: Sep 14, 2022 12:48:06 pm

Was that true?

This Seems enhanced

https://twitter.com/stephenjlee1987/status/1569785767068581888?s=46&t=G83uuLdh3gs7hfv-VbFDSA

And this wasn’t far from me

https://twitter.com/avalallana/status/1569764863567663106?s=46&t=G83uuLdh3gs7hfv-VbFDSA
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #380: Sep 14, 2022 01:30:06 pm
      It wasn’t cut short - the club had decided it was a moments silence and not a minute.

Definitely not cut short, they did exactly the same at United match against Real Sociedad. They seem to have stopped saying mins silence at football matches and changed it to moments silence. It makes more sense as ref can work on a guide for the dickheads who do try and spoil it so just blow whistle sooner rather than later.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #381: Sep 14, 2022 01:50:11 pm
      the moments silence went as well as we could have hoped for and remember we have had our own problems with away fans booing the 97 remembrances, I was talking to someone remembering as Children if you saw a Hearse pass by on the main road everyone would stop and bow their heads as a sign of respect to a total stranger.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #382: Sep 14, 2022 01:54:28 pm
      Definitely not cut short, they did exactly the same at United match against Real Sociedad. They seem to have stopped saying mins silence at football matches and changed it to moments silence. It makes more sense as ref can work on a guide for the dickheads who do try and spoil it so just blow whistle sooner rather than later.
      It's a sad reflection of the times when some, a minority of the public can't be trusted to remain silent for one solitary minute. I am not criticising the decision here at all, as I'm sure it was made to minimise the potential for any indiscretion.
      Again, I'm not making this point solely related to the late Queen, but rather in respect to anyone who is being remembered.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #383: Sep 14, 2022 02:00:12 pm
      I mentioned moving Trent into midfield a while back on here but a few people laughed. Don’t see why it’s such a crazy idea considering he played his whole youth career as a midfielder and as you say we’re a bit light in there at the moment. Trent in the middle and Joe at right back makes us more solid definitely, it’s just whether Trent has the quick feet & agility to play in the middle at this level. I think he would be fine personally and when loose balls come to the edge of the box who would we want it to fall to? Trent. He strikes a ball as good as anybody.

The flip side is our full backs have been a major reason to why we’ve been so brutal in our attack. Both robertson and Trent have picked up dozens of assists. So would we lose that threat if Joe played right back? Most certainly.

Darwin I’m not writing off by any means. We’re in mid September. But compare him to when Diaz came into the team for example. Diaz first touch, his technical ability etc made you sit up and think we’ve got a player here. Suarez was the same. Torres. Alonso. You just know instantly that they’re a player. I’m yet to see that from Darwin and he just looks like another Benteke to me.

This notion some have of moving Trent to midfield isn’t going to happen, certainly not under Jürgen’s watch, and Gomez at rb is a temporary fix and not seen as permanent, fine perhaps for cover in a injury situation, you hit it on the head H, we’re just not as solid  without a Hendo covering for Trent going forward, no one does it better than the skip and that in turn takes all the worry away from Trent,

Switching those two creates two square pegs in two round holes and upsets those who’s positions they would fill, in short we already have Harvey & Mo working that area, having Trent in there too permanently would imbalance our attack, too many cooks and all that, now before anyone says ‘Ah but’, yes Trent Harvey and Mo do create a Triangle which can be useful in certain scenarios, we’ve seen it already seen it but it’s not set in stone that we use this in every attack,

What we need is two quality options we do not have currently, 1, a Thiago type AM who can orchestrate as good as the man himself and 2, a Top class DM to cover for Fabinho predominately right sided that (a) can cover Hendo like, and (b) can snugly fit a 4-2-3-1 formation, one of the 2 being Fabinho of course,

H, you mention that Trent played midfield when he was younger, and I’m sure I read somewhere that is in fact correct, but I also read that he inadvertently had to play RB to cover for ‘A’ other and found he was more comfortable there, and the rest is history, Mouthgate tried it for Engurland so to accommodate that cnut Walker and it failed miserably unsurprisingly, he’s absolutely fine going forward that’s his game, that’s what he’s best at, and as you say his assist’s tell you all you need to know, so why move him, why remove the best of his abilities because he’s not the best defensively, especially when in normal circumstances the cover is there to protect his defensive shortfalls?

As for Darwin, again you are correct in saying he hasn’t had the brightest of starts, but you can’t label him with anyone yet cos we haven’t seen enough of him as yet, as I alluded to in another post he was brought in as a tweak to the system and whatever the tweak is hasn’t been allowed to manifest itself because of our injury situation, he’s not a Fernando Torres, or indeed a Luis Suarez, no where near that quality, and he’s no Luis Diaz either, completely different characters, some flowers take longer to bloom than others, for Nunez he’s probably a rose bud formed but yet to open,

Think we need to be a tad more patient with  him, let him settle down first, allow this tweak to get fully operational before anyone can pass judgement, pundits & fuckwits will compare him with Haaland, but he’s not even f***in close, Haaland is a bright fully grown sunflower, Nunez has yet to flower !!

Y  N  W  A

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #384: Sep 14, 2022 02:20:08 pm
      Just want to get something off my chest.

I've found the PR exercise Liverpool have been conducting in the last week, surrounding the Queen, extremely distasteful.  The silence for the Queen was always going to be observed - I'm disappointed in the lack of respect LFC have shown the clubs fans.  The way the club have tried to silence fans on social media has embarrassed me. 

It suggests to me that actually the club don't have a very high regard for their fans/customers at all.

Wheeling out Sir Kenny Dalglish for his tuppene worth ahead of kick off was patronising.  I don't know for sure, but I suspect there were also some other groups 'leant on' to make statements such as the Hillsborough Family Support Group etc.

Liverpool supporters are more than capable of distinguishing between a period of silence for somebody who has died and a royal anthem pledging blind allegiance to the British state.

So they were right to have a silence but playing the National Anthem 'God save the King' would not have gone down well.  So they did the right thing last night.

I just despise the way they were so scared of their own supporters reaction in the days leading up to it - absolutely terrified of the reaction of right wing press.  Shameful in my opinion.  The club need to grow themselves a set of bollocks or we'll all become worse off if we continue our steps towards being just 'another football club.'

End of rant

Absolutely understand JD where your coming from and yes I think you do have a point, however, for the club itself it was a case of damned if they did and damned if they don’t, they would have had to abide by certain protocol from up on high, and given the ‘booing’ mountains and mole hills, understandable then that the anthem being silenced, a small victory for the dissenters right there,

On such a occasion though, we were never going to get Total Silence, but we almost did, and ironically it was ‘the silence’ that allowed a few idiotic voices to be heard, so just like before the social media F**k wits have to make yet another mountain out of mole hills , I do get your rant and fully understand, I just feel though the club’s hands were tied and had to be seen to do something to perhaps further curtail idiotic behaviour from the stands !!

Y  N  W  A
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #385: Sep 14, 2022 02:21:38 pm
      It's a sad reflection of the times when some, a minority of the public can't be trusted to remain silent for one solitary minute. I am not criticising the decision here at all, as I'm sure it was made to minimise the potential for any indiscretion.
      Again, I'm not making this point solely related to the late Queen, but rather in respect to anyone who is being remembered.

It is sad isn't it. Sign of the times we live it, if the Queen can't get any respect  then no one can.  :(
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #386: Sep 14, 2022 02:22:02 pm

This notion some have of moving Trent to midfield isn’t going to happen, certainly not under Jürgen’s watch, and Gomez at rb is a temporary fix and not seen as permanent, fine perhaps for cover in a injury situation, you hit it on the head H, we’re just not as solid  without a Hendo covering for Trent going forward, no one does it better than the skip and that in turn takes all the worry away from Trent,

Switching those two creates two square pegs in two round holes and upsets those who’s positions they would fill, in short we already have Harvey & Mo working that area, having Trent in there too permanently would imbalance our attack, too many cooks and all that, now before anyone says ‘Ah but’, yes Trent Harvey and Mo do create a Triangle which can be useful in certain scenarios, we’ve seen it already seen it but it’s not set in stone that we use this in every attack,

What we need is two quality options we do not have currently, 1, a Thiago type AM who can orchestrate as good as the man himself and 2, a Top class DM to cover for Fabinho predominately right sided that (a) can cover Hendo like, and (b) can snugly fit a 4-2-3-1 formation, one of the 2 being Fabinho of course,

H, you mention that Trent played midfield when he was younger, and I’m sure I read somewhere that is in fact correct, but I also read that he inadvertently had to play RB to cover for ‘A’ other and found he was more comfortable there, and the rest is history, Mouthgate tried it for Engurland so to accommodate that cnut Walker and it failed miserably unsurprisingly, he’s absolutely fine going forward that’s his game, that’s what he’s best at, and as you say his assist’s tell you all you need to know, so why move him, why remove the best of his abilities because he’s not the best defensively, especially when in normal circumstances the cover is there to protect his defensive shortfalls?

As for Darwin, again you are correct in saying he hasn’t had the brightest of starts, but you can’t label him with anyone yet cos we haven’t seen enough of him as yet, as I alluded to in another post he was brought in as a tweak to the system and whatever the tweak is hasn’t been allowed to manifest itself because of our injury situation, he’s not a Fernando Torres, or indeed a Luis Suarez, no where near that quality, and he’s no Luis Diaz either, completely different characters, some flowers take longer to bloom than others, for Nunez he’s probably a rose bud formed but yet to open,

Think we need to be a tad more patient with  him, let him settle down first, allow this tweak to get fully operational before anyone can pass judgement, pundits & fuckwits will compare him with Haaland, but he’s not even f***in close, Haaland is a bright fully grown sunflower, Nunez has yet to flower !!

Y  N  W  A

All well observed points...If I may continue with your horticultural analogy; There are a few of us fearful we may have a seed that may fail to mature...Let's continue to water it and bathe it it sunlight and hope for the best
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #387: Sep 14, 2022 03:49:53 pm

It's more a sad reflection of the way society operates. And the Monarchy is not and never has been 100% approved. This City has given this country it's blood many hundreds of thousands of times and if some jumped up feckin' eejit Tory slags us off just because one or two boo's rang out during the very well observed moment of silence then they call all piss up a rope.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #388: Sep 14, 2022 03:52:01 pm
      It is sad isn't it. Sign of the times we live it, if the Queen can't get any respect  then no one can.  :(

She has been respected by the City of Liverpool and Manchester if it comes to that.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #389: Sep 14, 2022 03:58:50 pm
      This claptrap over what is only a gesture is annoying. This minutes or moments silence at mass sporting events is nothing more than a gesture. The odd person shouting or even the booing of a few months ago are in themselves gestures of disatisfaction at the many injustices in society.

Joining in the condemnation is in a small way calling out your own people. I don't do it, nor will I ever. What I will condemn is Tories robbing the country blind while people die for the want of an operation. And many other injustices but i won't call out my own kind over a tiny indiscretion.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2022 04:15:30 pm by Harrisimo »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #390: Sep 14, 2022 04:53:40 pm
      This claptrap over what is only a gesture is annoying. This minutes or moments silence at mass sporting events is nothing more than a gesture. The odd person shouting or even the booing of a few months ago are in themselves gestures of disatisfaction at the many injustices in society.

Joining in the condemnation is in a small way calling out your own people. I don't do it, nor will I ever. What I will condemn is Tories robbing the country blind while people die for the want of an operation. And many other injustices but i won't call out my own kind over a tiny indiscretion.
      You are right it is nothing more than a gesture...A gesture of quiet respect, in yesterday's case for the Sovereign.
      It's fair to say Tories stink to high heaven...all of them, but these two subjects are not related, at least not to me.

Quick Reply