Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Ajax?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      28 (34.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      5 (6.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      36 (44.4%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      10 (12.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2022 09:53:53 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14202 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Sep 14, 2022 08:39:02 pm

Considering he spends most Sunday afternoons when he's not working in The Freshfield in Formby, he must train as hard as the team :laugh:
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #392: Sep 14, 2022 08:50:51 pm
      Nunez was feeding off scraps, all he was getting was an over hit pass to run on to. Grew into the game and it was his good bit of play that very nearly led to Diaz getting the winner.

He missed probably our best chance of the game down the cop end with a clumsy effort at a finish from around the penalty spot after a really good move.
      That bit of play you mentioned, he ran onto a ball, turned and made a shot/cross, I wouldn't expect less from someone in the park on a Sunday.

Look, I'm not saying he's sh*te and we should bin him.
      Just feel his control, passing, finishing, pace of play look below par right now.
      Before the game yest I'd actually have started him ahead of Jota - and that's why Jürgen is manager :) - Jota was our best forward imho.

Plenty of players take a bit of time to settle in.
      He had a good game against Citeh in the opener, but the red card has set him back, seemed a bit wound up, just needs to settle down and get into it our game.
      Once he gets a goal or two, confidence comes back, hopefully then the other pieces fall into place too. Fingers crossed. We need him to work out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #393: Sep 14, 2022 10:06:29 pm
      He missed probably our best chance of the game down the cop end with a clumsy effort at a finish from around the penalty spot after a really good move.

Yet Salah literally missed an open goal from 1 yard vs Bournemouth. You can’t score with every chance you have and that Nunez effort yesterday wasn’t as easy as it seemed because the only place he could really put it was the far post.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #394: Sep 14, 2022 10:32:39 pm
      That bit of play you mentioned, he ran onto a ball, turned and made a shot/cross, I wouldn't expect less from someone in the park on a Sunday.

Look, I'm not saying he's sh*te and we should bin him.
      Just feel his control, passing, finishing, pace of play look below par right now.
      Before the game yest I'd actually have started him ahead of Jota - and that's why Jürgen is manager :) - Jota was our best forward imho.

Plenty of players take a bit of time to settle in.
      He had a good game against Citeh in the opener, but the red card has set him back, seemed a bit wound up, just needs to settle down and get into it our game.
      Once he gets a goal or two, confidence comes back, hopefully then the other pieces fall into place too. Fingers crossed. We need him to work out.

Nah if you look at the Xg stats Salah, Diaz and Jota had better that they missed than Darwin.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #395: Sep 15, 2022 12:37:00 am
      Last night unfortunately some fans disgraced the club by attempting to shout and chant over the minutes silence

I want to put some things in perspective here.

There were 55,000 people in attendance at Anfield on Tuesday.  Yes, there were about 10 nobheads - but 54,990 people paid their respects to a dead person by respecting the moments silence.

In comparison, only 26,000 people turned up to see the Queen in Edinburgh's St Giles Cathedral over a full 24 hours.

So there were twice as many people. At Anfield. Who paid their respects than walked past her coffin in 24 hours in Scotland.

0.4% of Scotland's population went to see the Queen's coffin.

99.8% of Anfield's crowd selected to pay tribute to the Queen.

As for the monarchy in general, and the British system at large, yeah they can get fu**ed.  People on this forum who reacted to my initial post trying to denigrate Liverpool fans need to take a hard long look at themselves.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #396: Sep 15, 2022 10:48:52 am
      I want to put some things in perspective here.

There were 55,000 people in attendance at Anfield on Tuesday.  Yes, there were about 10 nobheads - but 54,990 people paid their respects to a dead person by respecting the moments silence.

In comparison, only 26,000 people turned up to see the Queen in Edinburgh's St Giles Cathedral over a full 24 hours.

So there were twice as many people. At Anfield. Who paid their respects than walked past her coffin in 24 hours in Scotland.

0.4% of Scotland's population went to see the Queen's coffin.

99.8% of Anfield's crowd selected to pay tribute to the Queen.

As for the monarchy in general, and the British system at large, yeah they can get fu**ed.  People on this forum who reacted to my initial post trying to denigrate Liverpool fans need to take a hard long look at themselves.
      You like everyone else on here have a right to your opinion, and your right to give it. However I'm not convinced by your comparison. Disregarding the figures for a moment, surely you have to acknowledge the two completely different and central reasons for why those people attended those events.
      The crowds in Scotland went specifically to pay their respects, that being their single solemn motive. The crowd in Anfield were there primarily to watch a football match, The Club decided in keeping with the National period of mourning to have a moment of silence before kickoff as a mark of respect, which as you rightly say was adhered to by the vast majority, as I would have hoped and expected.
      The motive for each event is completely different and can't be used as a measure; not that I can find any purpose or merit in measuring grief anyway.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #397: Sep 16, 2022 05:39:33 pm
      You like everyone else on here have a right to your opinion, and your right to give it. However I'm not convinced by your comparison. Disregarding the figures for a moment, surely you have to acknowledge the two completely different and central reasons for why those people attended those events.
      The crowds in Scotland went specifically to pay their respects, that being their single solemn motive. The crowd in Anfield were there primarily to watch a football match, The Club decided in keeping with the National period of mourning to have a moment of silence before kickoff as a mark of respect, which as you rightly say was adhered to by the vast majority, as I would have hoped and expected.
      The motive for each event is completely different and can't be used as a measure; not that I can find any purpose or merit in measuring grief anyway.

F**k all to do with the club, it was a "moment of silence" as directed by Uefa.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #398: Sep 16, 2022 11:46:12 pm

I'll presume you are right about the UEFA directive, nonetheless I'm sure the club would have implemented the moment of silence independently, as a mark of respect officially from the club. I think the club also felt the majority of fans would have been disappointed not to have had a chance to express their respects.
      With neither of us working for the club, I don't suppose we'll ever know if it was F**k all to do with the club or not.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #399: Sep 16, 2022 11:48:38 pm

So you think if uefa hadn’t requested it, LFC as a club, wouldn’t have shown their respect independently ?
      I’m sure the club would have shown their respect regardless, whatever your personal ideals may be.

Do you really think the club follows your mantra of despising all ‘establishment’ icons.  Recognising that the Royal Family are non political.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #400: Sep 17, 2022 09:31:49 am
      Why do you swear all the time? it's vomit inducing and I can't take any of your posts seriously, it seems like you've got no respect for anyone or anything.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #401: Sep 17, 2022 10:14:39 am
      Why do you swear all the time? it's vomit inducing and I can't take any of your posts seriously, it seems like you've got no respect for anyone or anything.

Disagree with this - football and swearing go well together
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #402: Sep 17, 2022 12:53:30 pm

I generally don't swear on here, although in person my choice of language is a bit more colourful. I wouldn't call out anybody over their choice of language. That's up to the mods anyway.

Too much is being made of the odd few who shouted out during the moments silence. Most who might not be monarchist gave due respect. No problem with that. Decent dignified thing to do. My objection to the monarchy is in principle and is not an objection to the actual people in that family.

Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #403: Sep 17, 2022 06:01:34 pm
      Where I'm from there is plenty of swearing don't get me wrong, but when it's in written form that it winces the brain because it's just abusive seemingly. Come to think of it when I watch the footy in the pub, I don't even like swearing too much then, footy is entertainment and yes it becomes life if you win or lose but it's just a nice thing in life to have footy too. I like swearing for no reason don't get me wrong or saving swear words for an angry swear. reveling in swearing all the time is for the ultimate brain dead never been taught a lesson types and I'm deffo not into that. Not to paint Huyton as that but he seriously always swears at people on this forum with no one saying hey stop.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #404: Sep 17, 2022 06:16:31 pm
      Not to paint Huyton as that but he seriously always swears at people on this forum with no one saying hey stop.

Don’t be a snowflake, you’ll soon learn that he doesn’t mean anything by it, it’s nothing personal.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #405: Sep 17, 2022 06:25:02 pm
      Don’t be a snowflake, you’ll soon learn that he doesn’t mean anything by it, it’s nothing personal.

:lmao: man after my own heart KK  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #406: Sep 17, 2022 06:57:02 pm

F**k off
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #407: Sep 17, 2022 07:03:32 pm
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #408: Sep 17, 2022 07:29:34 pm
      I'm really not being a snowflake but ;D anyway, can't stand people acting hard, wanna punch their face in for acting like a tough guy, personal peeve. Enjoy bully boy man who never gets told off though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #409: Sep 17, 2022 07:51:08 pm
      I'm really not being a snowflake but ;D anyway, can't stand people acting hard, wanna punch their face in for acting like a tough guy, personal peeve. Enjoy bully boy man who never gets told off though.

You hate people that act hard and then you say you want to punch their face in… pretty sure that’s the same thing

Ha! Who’s bullying? If you don’t like being called a snowflake or people swearing or people telling you not to take things personally, but you’re quite happy to say you want to punch peoples faces in then maybe society isn’t for you.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #410: Sep 17, 2022 09:16:34 pm

snowflake Manc you should be deported..for those short of understanding Banter do I need to use an emoji
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #411: Sep 18, 2022 05:49:06 am
      snowflake Manc you should be deported..for those short of understanding Banter do I need to use an emoji

You can’t use the F word with me and expect to get away with it, don’t you know who I support?
      Apologies and I’ll let us move on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #412: Sep 18, 2022 12:14:10 pm
      And I thought I was gonna read some interesting points about the game v Ajax 🤷‍♂️

Too much to hope for I suppose😂😂😂😂😂😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #413: Sep 18, 2022 12:17:47 pm

Your in the wrong forum, fella, if you don’t like what you read, if you don’t like poster’s saying how they feel, if your not to enamoured by poster’s replies to your posts and if you think your not a snowflake when everyone else thinks you are, then you argue your not but then threaten violence when ironically that’s part of why you maybe peeved, kind of tells me your a fu**ed kind of guy who really doesn’t know what’s right and what’s wrong, and most definitely in the wrong forum….

….two things to mull over in your muddled mind, 1; am I really cut out to receive some really harsh criticism and some mild form of abuse when I talk utter bollocks ?
      ……2, ask yourself if you have a relatively thickish skin, thick enough to withstand other poster’s handing out some home truths, thick enough so you won’t melt when ppl say, F**k, Cnut, pr**k, w**ker, snowflake, and any other derisory term used simply for aesthetical purposes and not personal,

Alternatively you could go and find a football forum specifically designed so the pc brigade, and like minded snowflake’s just like you can spout all the bollocks you want, without anyone listening  !!

There….everyone is happy now ??

Quick Reply