Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      24 (38.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (52.4%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (6.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2022 04:54:49 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16160 times
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Oct 02, 2022 07:25:12 pm
      He's on pace for 66 PL goals
      You expected this?
      Sadly, I did...especially given how MC always excels at feeding the box from the wings

Note: Nunez on pace for 5.4 goals

I don’t get much right, but the player of his strength, caliber, speed, I knew it would only take a few games.

Ugh, and we brought Taki instead.
      Sh*t happens, and life will go on.

If he keeps up this pace, PL goal scoring record could be broken by February- March.

We shall see…..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #507: Oct 02, 2022 07:48:25 pm
      He's on pace for 66 PL goals
      You expected this?
      Sadly, I did...especially given how MC always excels at feeding the box from the wings

Note: Nunez on pace for 5.4 goals

He won’t score that many  as surely impossible to keep this pace up as good as he is. Maybe 40 +
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #508: Oct 02, 2022 07:49:19 pm
      I can see where your coming from, but although I hate us losing, a longer season seems even more 'nonsensical' to me, sorry thats my take unless we grow a pair and actually have a go
      Let me apologise in advance if I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Are you saying you would prefer LFC to finish last, as in bottom of the league, rather than be involved in the Europa league? The sheer ignominy and shame associated with coming last for this club would be off the scale, taken together with the financial implications, that view would not garner much, if any support. The Europa League would no doubt signal a decline, one we are all keen to avoid.
      But to say we'd be better off "last" to me at least still sounds.....Not right.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #509: Oct 02, 2022 08:09:28 pm
      I don’t get much right, but the player of his strength, caliber, speed, I knew it would only take a few games.

If he keeps up this pace, PL goal scoring record could be broken by February- March.

We shall see…..

Shearer & Cole share the record on 34 goals. Think the Dixie Deans record of 60 in the old first division, 42 games as opposed to 38 now. But Nunez hasn't got going yet...so think on...yes..
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #510: Oct 02, 2022 08:36:29 pm
      The biggest problem with yesterdays performance was yet again the whole teams performance with the exeption of Diaz was LAZY AGAIN
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #511: Oct 02, 2022 08:46:05 pm
      v Rangers..

Ali
      Joe   Konate    VVD  Kostas
                Trent   Fabinho
                    Bobby
             Mo   Nunez    Diaz

Or Thiago in for Trent. Trent would give Mo more support, allow him to move inside a bit more.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #512: Oct 03, 2022 11:19:19 am
      Still not watched the highlights.

Another draw and by sounds of it some rubbish footi mixed with some good footi.

Im still confident now its a game every few dayss and we have Injured players fit again we will start to show some consistency and play better.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #513: Oct 03, 2022 11:31:22 am

We shall see…..

What was the thought process behind signing Taki instead of this kid? I'd love to know
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #514: Oct 03, 2022 02:44:12 pm
      Unfortunately past his best now, was just in good form yesterday. Although he was still more dangerous than Salah.

Yes, past his best. As many know he's not my favourite but was on his game. Scored 2 out of 3 shot on target.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #515: Oct 03, 2022 03:09:46 pm
      Still not happy with the game on Saturday

Fingers will be pointing at all directions but a lot needs to sit with the players

Alisson can hold his head up

The back four - a yard off each player , dropping deep allowing players to turn , no organisation across the back line - no idea what’s happened with VVD because his is way off it at the moment

Henderson is getting the stick but Fabinho was shocking , no urgency and bite at the moment, Thiago just poor on the ball

And the front three had very little link up play

Was the worst I have seen for a while

The attitude just felt wrong and hope they have got a proper bollocking

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #516: Oct 03, 2022 03:56:20 pm
      I have to remind myself sometimes that this is the same team that won a game 9-0 only a few weeks ago. 

Quote from andylfcynwa
      It’s not just him your right , but you got to start somewhere and he should have been culled end of last season .

And if he was, there would be posters queueing up after games like this to say we miss him, as they do about Wijnaldum.

Quote from RickRed
      Hard to believe we came from 0-2 down to go 3-2 up and still only ended up with a draw

When we went ahead, we stopped playing. We had no attacks, the focus switched to game management, which had to be discarded when we were not ahead anymore.

Quote from redtiler
      if we find ourselves in the Europa it will mean more games to an already packed season. Get a Grip

Two extra games max, 2.

And in case you don't know, there's a team in that competition currently top of the league atm. How do you explain that?

Quote from billythered
      Yes he can twist & shout and swap stuff about, but if the brunt of your squad are heavy legged, knackered

From what. They hadn't played a league game in a month. And as for the last few seasons taking it's toll, you just have to laugh at this nonsense. What exactly is Tsimikas tired of? Konate, Elliott, Carvalho, Diaz, Nunez? It's a joke. But if they really are too tired, then get rid of them, throw them out, cast them aside, and give someone who isn't tired a go.

I hate tiredness being used to excuse poor performances by players. They live the life of Riley compared to the rest of us. So what's the bleedin problem? Yeah City have won a few titles recently but so be it. Get out there and do some bloody work, and win a few matches. They'll be long enough retired, to put their feet up. I accept that there is a chronic lack of investment by the penny pinchers that run the club, but we haven't gone from one of the best teams in the world to a bunch of geriatrics in just 4 months.

I wouldn't put it down to tiredness, cobwebs maybe, rustyness from no game for the past 3 weeks possibly, but there's no excuse for tiredness when you've had your feet up for 18 days, longer in some cases, and I won't accept it as a reason for this result.

I said last season and I'll say it again, having to change ends at the last minute and attack into the Kop in the first half throws us all psychologically for a while. Players and fans. Certainly it's a long time since I can remember a great performance from us when it happened. Add that to the new manager bounce they had, and that we've struggled against them at home over the past few seasons, (this was the third year running we've dropped points against them here and the 2 years before that were long hard slogs) then this was a banana skin waiting to happen, and sure enough we slipped on it again.

At least VAR came to the rescue again, and showed again why we need it. Otherwise we wouldn't have even got a point, and we would now have 3 league losses in the last 55 games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #517: Oct 03, 2022 04:36:08 pm
      What was the thought process behind signing Taki instead of this kid? I'd love to know

Moneyball!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #518: Oct 03, 2022 04:38:04 pm
      I have to remind myself sometimes that this is the same team that won a game 9-0 only a few weeks ago. 

Against the worst team in the league.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #519: Oct 04, 2022 06:48:04 pm
      Let me apologise in advance if I'm misunderstanding what you mean. Are you saying you would prefer LFC to finish last, as in bottom of the league, rather than be involved in the Europa league? The sheer ignominy and shame associated with coming last for this club would be off the scale, taken together with the financial implications, that view would not garner much, if any support. The Europa League would no doubt signal a decline, one we are all keen to avoid.
      But to say we'd be better off "last" to me at least still sounds.....Not right.

Thinking about it we are only half way through. I hate it to not win, so I hope we go for it, but this lack of confidence is of great concern to me. We are at home so lets see what tonight has in store
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #520: Oct 05, 2022 12:41:56 am
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #521: Oct 08, 2022 08:50:37 pm
      Nice to see Brighton continuing the theme of play us make us look sh*te and then Revert to being sh*te themselves
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #522: Oct 08, 2022 09:04:14 pm
      Nice to see Brighton continuing the theme of play us make us look sh*te and then Revert to being Sh*te themselves
      They didn't make us look sh*te...We, made us look sh*te. I read they put in a good performance Today
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #523: Oct 09, 2022 09:36:00 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Against the worst team in the league

That's not something for us to worry about.

What is something for us to worry about, is the so called worst team in the league are actually above us atm, having not lost since.

Quick Reply