Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      24 (38.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (52.4%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (6.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2022 04:54:49 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16202 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Oct 01, 2022 08:02:57 pm
      State of this like knife through butter and then Diaz and Milner just ball watching and leaving a man who has previously scored two all on his own
      https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1576264512398798849?t=trRkgkBdOEHaglV5-xGmSA&s=19

The main thing I take from that is poor job by VvD to deal with the ball in the box. He whiffed on it which allowed it to get to Trossard.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,098 posts | 1637 
      Reply #438: Oct 01, 2022 08:09:37 pm
      The main thing I take from that is poor job by VvD to deal with the ball in the box. He whiffed on it which allowed it to get to Trossard.

There are a lot more issues than that one what this clip highlights
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #439: Oct 01, 2022 08:14:43 pm
      Your secondry points have some merit, your first point however is just plain nonsense.

Wow,you think we are all of a sudden gonna change our form, if we find ourselves in the Europa it will mean more games to an already packed season. Get a Grip
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #440: Oct 01, 2022 08:16:58 pm
      Klopp had a lot to say after the game but I thought this bit was of note:

"I don't know how many situations I saw today where the offensive players could just turn between the lines - [it was] horrendous, really horrible to watch."

He was talking about how we weren't really pressing high but also not really sitting back.

He's far to honest sometimes, also the part when he basically admitted we didn't know how they would line up tactically, and then we have to adjust to them after they scored.
      So is that why we concede the first goal most times because we play the same tactic week in week out then have to react to the opposition ?

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #441: Oct 01, 2022 08:51:29 pm
      I'd suggest ALL of us are staggered by what is happening. Someone posted yesterday Today represented a new start to the season, and I think the extended break had most of us hoping a corner may have been turned. The evidence of this afternoon has dented that optimism to a very large degree.

we all know the answer but we are not allowed to discuss it because we get bombarded by the FSG devotee. We have performed miracles on our spend but now we have run out of miracles, and we need money not prayers
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #442: Oct 01, 2022 08:57:06 pm
      Just got back. The change and I mean sudden change in our play is incredible! It can’t all be down to mane and Trent.

Nunez comes on on 91 mins - this was out strengthening.

We are in for a very average season, just hope Jürgen stays and gets the funds to properly rebuild
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #443: Oct 01, 2022 09:03:22 pm
      Just got back. The change and I mean sudden change in our play is incredible! It can’t all be down to mane and Trent.

Nunez comes on on 91 mins - this was out strengthening.

We are in for a very average season, just hope Jürgen stays and gets the funds to properly rebuild

Of course Jürgen will stay to see out his contract but he ain't getting much funds that's for sure.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #444: Oct 01, 2022 09:24:18 pm
      He's far to honest sometimes, also the part when he basically admitted we didn't know how they would line up tactically, and then we have to adjust to them after they scored.
      So is that why we concede the first goal most times because we play the same tactic week in week out then have to react to the opposition ?

I think our slow starts are more down to form (including mental form) than tactics.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #445: Oct 01, 2022 09:26:48 pm
      I thought Ali was superb, if he would have got a stronger hand to 1 of trossards 2 that he nearly saved. We then talk about winning ugly.

Their keepers time wasting was shocking

But why didn’t we do some shithousery when 3-2 up ffs
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #446: Oct 01, 2022 09:29:10 pm
      I don't know what it is, but so many players look a shell of themselves. TAAs effort has wained, and that was the only thing that made him a passable defender. Fabs passing has beg dreadful this season and isn't reading the game the way we know he can. Salah seems to he figured out and can't beat anyone off the dribble. VVD looks like he realizes he's lost a step, and either lunges in wrecklessly, or just backs off and watches.

Hard truths need to be told. Milner out. TAA to midfield, and change in formation
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #447: Oct 01, 2022 09:38:18 pm
      Wow,you think we are all of a sudden gonna change our form, if we find ourselves in the Europa it will mean more games to an already packed season. Get a Grip
      You said you would rather we finish last(than in the Europa League)...these words are nonsensical
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #448: Oct 01, 2022 09:46:58 pm
      I thought Ali was superb, if he would have got a stronger hand to 1 of trossards 2 that he nearly saved. We then talk about winning ugly.

Their keepers time wasting was shocking

But why didn’t we do some shithousery when 3-2 up ffs

Because Klopp wants to win football matches the right way, and not in a way that we would criticize if those tactics would be used on us.

We're the Red team for Liverpool, not the bitter one 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #449: Oct 01, 2022 09:48:08 pm
      Been reading a lot of criticism on here today. Some aimed at individual players, some collectively at the majority of the side, some at Klopp.
      I couldn’t watch the game today, so had to listen on the radio.
      At 0:2 down on 17 mins, and clearly could have been 4, I’m thinking against any side, surely the first thing to do is press and cover all avenues of out balls. Keeping it tight until you can assess what you’re up against.
      We done none of that, and haven’t for a number of games.
      Then clawing our way back to 3:2 was a great effort, but to give away the last goal in the manner we did was criminal.
      Instead of taking responsibility , too many players were happy to leave it for someone else to deal with.
      Surely with all the warnings we’d had, everyone should have been aware of how important the press was required to stem the flow.
      It seems our lads felt it wouldn’t happen, when clearly it already had twice, and close to 4 or 5 other times.

It’s unfathomable how nobody reacted to the danger before the ball was crossing our box.

As for the subs. Age old proverb.
      Don’t try and fix it if it isn’t broken.
      After getting in front, it sounded to me like the lads had a bit more confidence and had the majority of posession.

Did anyone really look like they needed replacing ?
      It didn’t sound like that.
      And if you’re gonna change tactic, please not Millie when the opposition are going for it trying to find an equaliser, and Nunez, with 2 minutes to play, really !
      Seems to me we were rubbish for the first half hour. Slowly got back into it, improved in second half and battled to get ahead, then the subs once again unsettled what we took so long to achieve. Balance and rhythm.

Only my opinion, and may be wrong, but we’ve clearly got to improve our starts next few games or we could be trying to recover from 4-5 down not 2 .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #450: Oct 01, 2022 10:09:17 pm
      Sh*te, no other word for it. Fed up of saying the same sh*t time and time again after the same old pathetic and half arsed performances.

As for Klopp, don’t know where he’s suddenly developed this obsession from of subbing a full back needlessly in order to put Milner on but it’s not working. He looks like he’s trying to use all 5 subs but doesn’t know how to.

As for the Darwin change, putting him on for 5 mins left the lad with very little chance to do anything but that aside, taking off Thiago - our most creative midfielder just completely counteracted putting on another striker.

11 points behind Arsenal and it’s only October. We won’t beat Arsenal and we won’t beat City either so chances are, we will be the best part of 20 points behind by mid October.

Dread to think where we’d be this season if it wasn’t for Ali.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #451: Oct 01, 2022 10:16:30 pm
      I have never seen so many Liverpool pundits/fans so confused about our form nobody seems to understand it and to be fair if Jürgen doesnt how the F**k are we supposed to. We have Rangers coming and they will fancy their chances here and if that game goes tits up all hell will break loose. Somebody needs to get a grip NOW!
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #452: Oct 01, 2022 10:34:49 pm
      The first thing the opposition thinks when they see Milner coming on is He can't hurt us...the second thing they think is ...told you
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #453: Oct 01, 2022 10:42:07 pm
      Hard to believe we came from 0-2 down to go 3-2 up and still only ended up with a draw.
      My stream was constantly stop starting and didn’t see  much of the game, I’ve recorded it from game of the day and will watch tomorrow.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #454: Oct 01, 2022 10:57:32 pm
      37 year old Milner, 33 year old Henderson, Thiago probably manages to play 50% of the time, Fab who is slower than Milner and crocks in Keita and Ox.

We have fu**ed up big time.

We've rightly praised Klopp and the recruitment team over the work they've done in the last few years but they've completely taken their eye off the ball when it's come to reinventing that midfield. Maybe some of it comes down to FSG not giving them the money but the fact remains that Wijnaldum still hasn't been replaced from last summer and then we've gone through another summer of doing F**k all in that position.

Amateur hour really and it's going to look a whole lot worse when Bellingham ends up somewhere else next summer.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #455: Oct 01, 2022 11:21:59 pm
      I really don’t think Bellingham can fix this even if he joined tomorrow.
      I really don’t see why Bob was taken off when he appeared to be our main goal threat.
      What was Millie actually meant to do when he came on.
      I don’t think we started with the right 11 and the subs were odd, and one far to late to make any impact whatsoever ever. All the subs seem to have done is unsettle us.
      Only seen the game on motd and Ali clearly motm.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #456: Oct 01, 2022 11:47:44 pm
      We need to bring in a midfielder or 2, with the energy to give us our pressing back. (Douglas Luiz at Villa would be a realistic option for me in January.) Can't do that until the transfer window though (the World Cup might actually help us by reducing the number of games before that). In the meantime, get Gomez at RB instead of Trent, which in turn would make it easier for Elliot to start in midfield, giving us a bit more energy there.

Apart from that, there is not an awful lot else Jürgen can do, we just lack options. Keita being available would help, but we know that doesn't tend to last. But Jürgen does need to do something now about our defensive softness on our right, at the very least.
      RickRed
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | 12 
      Reply #457: Oct 02, 2022 12:34:42 am
      Tchouameni was who Klopp wanted and now Bellingham but other clubs offer double or treble our wages so they go elsewhere. Fsg need to loosen the purse strings or Europa league is where we will be playing.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #458: Oct 02, 2022 01:20:58 am
      We’re digging deep into the well to bring up Wijnaldum. Yowzers.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #459: Oct 02, 2022 01:21:40 am
      This was rough to watch today.  Rarely will I say it but this ones on JK.

First the HT sub. Great to get Diaz but an-unfit Hendo should have been off. Fabio to the mid.  I actually think the 1st goal is more on Hendo than TAA , he let that ball bounce at the edge of the box and it was over. Head it , hoof it out , anything. He's exactly what Millie was 4 years ago.

Which brings me to the 2nd Sub.  Was Kostas sooooo bad that Millie had to come on? Really , whats the thinking there? Love him but it's one year too late for him, play in cups only if you have to. His PL days are over.

Elliot coming on was good but he should have started. He had no in'tl duty for 2 weeks. Theres alot of traing time for Klopp to work with him and tell him what he wants from him. 2 weeks to prepare for Brighton FFS and we're lucky to only to be down 2-0 at 18'

Jota for Bobby , didn't make much difference. Bobby did his work for the day.

And They tied it at the 83rd minute, why did it take him til the 89th minute for Nunez to come on? Whats he supposed to do in a handful of minutes that were left.

This kid needs a run of games to really see what he's about , he's not Bobby style , He's a big man poacher , header on set piece type of striker.  typical #9.

With this squad we have now I think a 4-2-3-1 is the way to go.  We have to keep the ball out of our damn net first. Fundamentals.

TAA/Gomez      JM/Ibra/VVD        Robbo/Kostas

Fab     <or Hendo once in a while>   Thiago

take your pick at front 4

Mo/Elliot         Fabio/Elliot/Bobby     Diaz/Fabio

Bobby /Darwin

Fab can cover Trents runs. Trent was at his best with a Hendo with legs could cover him .  Thiago can pick out a deep pass. And we definitely have enough up front in those 4 forward positions to get a couple goals. Try it , what have we got to lose?

Mo is working his tail off it's just not going his way now, he lost a step but he can still contribute in other ways , and does. Hopefully the goals will start coming.

VVD , i dunno. Seems like something his head, like he's just not as aggressive as he was. Don't see him barking orders like he used to.

I cant' believe i wrote so much, must be the jack daniels talking ;D

Peace out and on to Rangers

YNWA

Quick Reply