Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      24 (38.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.6%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (52.4%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      4 (6.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Oct 05, 2022 04:54:49 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16154 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Oct 02, 2022 02:23:19 pm
      Imagine for a moment you're a Brighton player.....What's your response to seeing Milner come on?....What's your response to seeing Nunez come on?

Can Nunez play LB ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #484: Oct 02, 2022 02:25:47 pm
      They did...I did say "maybe" it wasn't a statement of fact.

Like your other statements, claiming people are wrong!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #485: Oct 02, 2022 02:26:02 pm
      Heard a few questioning Tsimikas sub and clearly was due to fatigue. Played more minutes than anyone int break and with no back.up not sure what choice he had . In regards to Keita like him or loathe him he is missed but will.be weeks before we see him

But with Tsimikas, as a full back, if he’s feeling a bit jaded, he can sit back and concentrate on defending. That’s a better option than taking him off for Millie, who isn’t a defender really, just optional cover and has no pace now.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #486: Oct 02, 2022 02:27:38 pm
      Imagine for a moment you're a Brighton player.....What's your response to seeing Milner come on?....What's your response to seeing Nunez come on?

He's made that change in every game so far.

Left back for left back  Robbo's injured so obviously Milner is going to cover there.

Seems to be the plan now the five subs can be used.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #487: Oct 02, 2022 02:28:31 pm
      Heard a few questioning Tsimikas sub and clearly was due to fatigue. Played more minutes than anyone int break and with no back.up not sure what choice he had . In regards to Keita like him or loathe him he is missed but will.be weeks before we see him
      It can be the only reason yeah true, I was still thinking about the Tsimikas thing and the reason why it would be done. don't want everyone to be heartbroken over football and pressure piling on the manager, might have a huge moan in the FSG thread one day.
       What can we do ey, I think the coaching isn't actually good now, it's not evolving, it's stagnent even last season, we are a one trick pony most of the time were remember when we counter attacked so fast with Salah and Mane making the opposition defense not even be able to have a plan to stop it. Don't see how we could of really signed a better player to come in for Sadio than Diaz who does a similar thing to Mane were he is a team player but can still just be good himself even if everyone around him aren't playing well.
      This has all got to turn around fast because there is too much talent in that team. Something mentality wise has shifted, the coaches need to sort this out and stop being cheerleaders, sounds dismissive that, sod the soundbites and actually train the team to play exhilarating football, not hide in the shadow football.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #488: Oct 02, 2022 02:31:03 pm

Response to Milner coming on at left back, is to attack him full on.
      Response to Nunez coming on, nothing, only given 2 mins. No one had any idea there was gonna be 6 mins added at the time of the sub on 88 mins 🤷‍♂️
      Pointless exercise especially as Bob looked our most dangerous player.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #489: Oct 02, 2022 02:43:38 pm

Milner can’t either. That was a huge head scratcher. There was no reason Kostas couldn’t go 90 that was reported.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #490: Oct 02, 2022 02:43:50 pm

Response to Milner coming on at left back, is to attack him full on.
      Response to Nunez coming on, nothing, only given 2 mins. No one had any idea there was gonna be 6 mins added at the time of the sub on 88 mins 🤷‍♂️
      Pointless exercise especially as Bob looked our most dangerous player.

My point is whether it was 2nd ,23rd or 67th minute Tzimikas came off Milner was always going on and was probably even known before the game it would happen
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #491: Oct 02, 2022 02:44:00 pm
      One thing is clear: #20 is done already. It is all about securing 4th place and then hopefully being able to save players for important CL or FA games.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #492: Oct 02, 2022 02:53:35 pm
      Like your other statements, claiming people are wrong!!
      We all say things that are wrong....Thats why we have the word Mistake. Have a re-read I said "maybe" in the original post.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #493: Oct 02, 2022 02:57:24 pm
      I wouldn't have thought so, But I wasn't suggesting he replace the LB...He should have replaced Salah
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #494: Oct 02, 2022 03:15:21 pm
      Well that was a good game to take Jess to her first Liverpool game wasn't it?

Some shocking performances in Red and some even worse than that.

Still plenty of time to turn the season around, starting on Tuesday night. We've seen this club achieve miracles over the years with squads a lot less talented than this so to write it off this early is just daft.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #495: Oct 02, 2022 04:06:29 pm
      Make no mistake, we should have been 4-0 down.
      We actually played ok and got 3-2 ahead and then we just reverted to god knows what, everyone in the ground knew an equaliser was coming.

Got to goto arsenal and put in a performance
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #496: Oct 02, 2022 04:11:44 pm
      Make no mistake, we should have been 4-0 down.
      We actually played ok and got 3-2 ahead and then we just reverted to god knows what, everyone in the ground knew an equaliser was coming.

Got to goto arsenal and put in a performance

I can see us being 3 or 4 down by ht against arsenal and city. Arsenal have real momentum and are investing and building. We will be a goal down within 5 minutes no doubt .... and then all downhill.

A real test for Jürgen this ... his senior players are letting him down big time and it can't be allowed to carry on. They are on their deckchairs and coasting.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #497: Oct 02, 2022 04:23:41 pm
      The league is over, not that we are not good enough but we're still far from ready to chase ManCity.

It's clear TAA is not playing well so high, and is a vulnerability. Almost all dangerous occasions against us happen from his side but Klopp does nothing, still. I don't blame TAA, Klopp is as responsible for doing the same thing over and over again.

Also, it's clear that with the current way of playing, we are not dangerous enough in possession. We're too easy to defend. Klopp is shooting himself in the foot, simple as that.  Our midfield brings almost nothing as at today, no control, no threat in front of goal and almost no protection to the back 4, but Klopp keeps on playing the same way. I ope he finds a solution soon, otherwise our season will be over before January.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #498: Oct 02, 2022 04:26:47 pm
      How to stop Haaland  in two weeks will be interesting!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #499: Oct 02, 2022 04:34:30 pm

Agree, but first is Arsenal, who are playing like we used to play. We will rise to the occasion, or be carved open and given an absolute hiding.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #500: Oct 02, 2022 04:37:06 pm

Don’t think you can unless he picks up a injury.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #501: Oct 02, 2022 04:38:37 pm
      Don’t think you can unless he picks up a injury.

He is performing as I expected he would. Good for him as a player, bad for us Keith.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #502: Oct 02, 2022 04:43:43 pm
      He is performing as I expected he would. Good for him as a player, bad for us Keith.

Not sure he can be stopped with De Bruyne putting them on a sixpence for him.  :f_doh:
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #503: Oct 02, 2022 04:49:33 pm
      The league is over, not that we are not good enough but we're still far from ready to chase ManCity.

It's clear TAA is not playing well so high, and is a vulnerability. Almost all dangerous occasions against us happen from his side but Klopp does nothing, still. I don't blame TAA, Klopp is as responsible for doing the same thing over and over again.

Also, it's clear that with the current way of playing, we are not dangerous enough in possession. We're too easy to defend. Klopp is shooting himself in the foot, simple as that.  Our midfield brings almost nothing as at today, no control, no threat in front of goal and almost no protection to the back 4, but Klopp keeps on playing the same way. I ope he finds a solution soon, otherwise our season will be over before January.

Nahhhh its trents fault as he doesn't work on his weaknesses. Then it's management and senior players fault for not calling out his laziness. Problem is too many of the other senior players are almost as bad.

You'd have thought trent might have come out with fire in his belly yesterday ... an il show em attitude. He was abysmal from the opening seconds. He just jogged about and sulked for the whole game. He's not interested. No hunger, no desire .... nothing.

He should have been off after 30 minutes and that is klopps fault. Just wait till he comes up against arsenal and city next 2 games .... lazily jogging around in a big sulk. We will get annihilated.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #504: Oct 02, 2022 06:33:09 pm
      You said you would rather we finish last(than in the Europa League)...these words are nonsensical

I can see where your coming from, but although I hate us losing, a longer season seems even more 'nonsensical' to me, sorry thats my take unless we grow a pair and actually have a go
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #505: Oct 02, 2022 07:16:10 pm
      He's on pace for 66 PL goals
      You expected this?
      Sadly, I did...especially given how MC always excels at feeding the box from the wings

Note: Nunez on pace for 5.4 goals

Quick Reply