Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Champions League, Liverpool v Rangers, 4th Oct, 20.00

Read 5878 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Champions League, Liverpool v Rangers, 4th Oct, 20.00
      Oct 03, 2022 11:30:37 am
      Couldnā€™t ask for better opponents really to get back to winning ways, at least their midfield wonā€™t have the athleticism to out run ours.

Start Nunez from the off as he has enough CL experience, in fact I would be tempted to start the young Stefan Bajcetic, he will be 18 this week so if heā€™s as good as the club make out then he canā€™t be any worse than the incumbents.
      Also would like to see TAA dropped because otherwise it sets a bad precedent that no matter sh*te you play JĆ¼rgen will stick with his favourites.
      « Last Edit: Oct 04, 2022 05:37:03 pm by RedPuppy »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre Match : Champions League, Liverpool v Rangers, 4th Oct, 20.00
      Reply #1: Oct 03, 2022 12:14:58 pm
      Couldnā€™t ask for better opponents really to get back to winning ways, at least their midfield wonā€™t have the athleticism to out run ours.

Start Nunez from the off as he has enough CL experience, in fact I would be tempted to start the young Stefan Bajcetic, he will be 18 this week so if heā€™s as good as the club make out then he canā€™t be any worse than the incumbents.
      Also would like to see TAA dropped because otherwise it sets a bad precedent that no matter sh*te you play JĆ¼rgen will stick with his favourites.

But who comes in for Trent mate? Milner too slow now to cover, Gomez possibly but he doesnā€™t provide the attacking elements we need, so for me Trent stays until young Calvin is up to speed, whilst I agree Trent needs to be taken out of the spotlight temporarily we really cannot afford to have square pegā€™s in round holes,

I donā€™t expect JĆ¼rgen to change much at all, Hendo to start with Fabinho & Thiago as the engine room, and I expect a front three of Diaz, Jota & Mo,
      I imagine he wonā€™t make any changes until the hour mark, yes Nunez needs pitch time but Iā€™d take it easy with him, let him build confidence before heā€™s expected to deliver in each game like what we expect with Mo/Jota,
      Harvey to inject fresh legs and Nunez another target man with possibly Carv, Bajcetic providing cover for Hendo/Fabinho, donā€™t want to see Jimmy at all and if Konate is ready to give 15/20 mins and tug Virgil then Iā€™d do it,

We mustnā€™t under estimate Rangers, they are decent, well organised and well capable of inflicting damage, still think weā€™ll prove to big a fish for them but air on the side of caution!!

3-1 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Oct 03, 2022 12:27:22 pm
      Interested to see Klopp selection, between poor form and keeping the legs fresh. Personally would love to see a few changes to send message to players they are not locks to start but you can only sit out so many players ;D.

--------------------Alisson-----ā€------------
      Gomez-----Matip---VvD------Tsimikas
      ---------Elliott---Hendo---Thiago------
      ---Jota----------Nunez-----------Diaz---
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Oct 03, 2022 12:39:47 pm
      not a clue what selection will be. could be lots of changes to start, or basically same team as weekend, see how it goes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4: Oct 03, 2022 12:46:18 pm
      not a clue what selection will be. could be lots of changes to start, or basically same team as weekend, see how it goes.

something needs to change but JĆ¼rgen is very loyal to players and will not be seen to be influenced by the Media but he could drop 4 or 5 and I dont think anyone on here would Bat at an eyelid. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Oct 03, 2022 12:48:09 pm
      Interested to see Klopp selection, between poor form and keeping the legs fresh. Personally would love to see a few changes to send message to players they are not locks to start but you can only sit out so many players ;D.

--------------------Alisson-----ā€------------
      Gomez-----Matip---VvD------Tsimikas
      ---------Elliott---Hendo---Thiago------
      ---Jota----------Nunez-----------Diaz---

I think Gomez has to start at RB and Mo cant hit a barn door at the moment but when you score 3 at Anfield and dont win the talk has to be about defending.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Oct 03, 2022 12:53:15 pm
      something needs to change but JĆ¼rgen is very loyal to players and will not be seen to be influenced by the Media but he could drop 4 or 5 and I dont think anyone on here would Bat at an eyelid. 

Its now getting into the rotation rotation weeks, so there is every chance of loads of changes.

We cant assume we will pump the gers though, they have a weird nack of doing well in europe recently.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: Oct 03, 2022 01:01:55 pm
      Absolute must win this.

The second half of the group looks tricky - Rangers will be a totally different proposition on their ground, Ajax away is tough too and Napoli of course battered us first time round.

Need to win here to allow us a bit of breathing space for the other games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Oct 03, 2022 01:21:28 pm
      Its now getting into the rotation rotation weeks, so there is every chance of loads of changes.

We cant assume we will pump the gers though, they have a weird nack of doing well in europe recently.

any team coming to Anfield now fancy their chances don't they. A all firing Liverpool would demolish them but here we are not sure which Liverpool is going to turnup.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Oct 03, 2022 01:22:58 pm
      Absolute must win this.

The second half of the group looks tricky - Rangers will be a totally different proposition on their ground, Ajax away is tough too and Napoli of course battered us first time round.

Need to win here to allow us a bit of breathing space for the other games.

thinking that 10 points will be enough but taking 6 off Rangers isn't enough we need to beat Napoli at home or at least get a draw against Ajax
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #10: Oct 03, 2022 02:41:04 pm

Should be walk in the park with this lot.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Oct 03, 2022 03:11:56 pm
      It's looking like a struggle with Ajax for 2nd spot. Rangers already rock bottom..7-0 aggregate. How motivated will they be?

On t'other hand they have nothing to lose. But it'll be a good opportunity to get Nunez going, the longer he is benched the harder it will be to get him fully integrated.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #12: Oct 03, 2022 03:22:45 pm
      I've seen Rangers on the television a few times ...they flatter to deceive ...Fully expect us to win home and away. Also, think we'll beat Napoli at Anfield...Ajax away...happy with a draw.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: Oct 03, 2022 03:29:40 pm
      any team coming to Anfield now fancy their chances don't they. A all firing Liverpool would demolish them but here we are not sure which Liverpool is going to turnup.

Defo.

but

Im hopeful we will bounce back tmrw, and hopefully go on a docent run from there.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #14: Oct 03, 2022 04:19:57 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would drop Trent, Fabinho, Henderson and Salah.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Oct 03, 2022 04:31:03 pm
      Atmosphere round the ground should be good. Been looking forward to this game.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #16: Oct 03, 2022 05:29:57 pm
      As much as Trent needs to be dropped, I equally don't want to see either Gomez or Milner at RB, so quite a conundrum....  Maybe play Tsimi at RB and Robbo on the left?  Shame we sold Neco....

Darwin must start and this needs to be the match where he scores some goals, gets some confidence, and makes himself a regular.  I personally want to see a Darwin and Jota partnership, but I won't hold my breath on Klopp deviating from the 4-3-3 he's deployed these last few years. 

As Hsc mentioned, Bajcetic might be worth a shot.  Or Arthur.  Really they can't be any worse than what we've seen recently....

We desperately need a convincing performance and a big win. 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #17: Oct 03, 2022 05:36:18 pm
      Nothing but a convincing win against Rangers, tomorrow night will be acceptable to the vast majority of fans. Simply hope the lads turn up and put in a decent perfomance !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #18: Oct 03, 2022 05:54:48 pm
      Got to beat Rangers home and away and grab a point somewhere else, wonder what team will turn up
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Oct 03, 2022 07:28:20 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I would drop Trent, Fabinho, Henderson and Salah.

TAA deserves benching, but Milner is worse and Gomez started the season very poorly too. Not sure where the new kid is at.  Still, if Gomez is fit, would start  him.  1st priority - defend better.
      Would eat my hat, coat and boots if Melo started, can't see it.
      I'd deffo drop Salah too, been dire and he needs a wake up. Nunez has been poor but he's not going to get better without game time.

Ally
      Gomez Matip VVD Kostas
        Hendo Thiago Elliot
      Carvahlo/Nunez Jota Diaz
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #20: Oct 03, 2022 07:30:14 pm
      I have no feelings towards this game, feeling very disconnected from it all this season. Just feels crap.

But still love this team and of course hope we win!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21: Oct 03, 2022 07:35:23 pm
      Defo.

but

Im hopeful we will bounce back tmrw, and hopefully go on a docent run from there.

youv'e got hope in your heart YNWA
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #22: Oct 03, 2022 07:44:36 pm
      I have no feelings towards this game, feeling very disconnected from it all this season. Just feels crap.

But still love this team and of course hope we win!
      The world's got some problems, LFC is the least of them.....Remember " at the end of the storm there's a golden light...."

Quick Reply