Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre Match: Arsenal v Liverpool - Sunday 9th October, 4:30pm

Read 4953 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,215 posts | 1221 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal v Liverpool - Sunday 9th October, 4:30pm
      Reply #46: Oct 09, 2022 01:45:29 am
      I think we're due a crazy Arsenal match.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #47: Oct 09, 2022 02:07:24 am
      This is as nervous as I've been to face this lot in years....  Hoping for any kind of win.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #48: Oct 09, 2022 08:05:36 am
      Not at all confident today. We look tired and leggy in every game we play as if it’s the end of the season, not the start. I think the number of games last season along with the aging squad has finally caught up. Arsenal on the other hand look full of zip and confidence. A win today might just kick-start the season for us and give us confidence. A loss will just cement how far we have dropped.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Oct 09, 2022 08:54:53 am
      Actually fancy us to kick start our league campaign here today.

Win win win.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #50: Oct 09, 2022 10:56:31 am
      Bet you stood for the national anthem too!! :laugh:

And saluted. I was in the cubs at the time  :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #51: Oct 09, 2022 11:00:05 am
      I so want to shut up all these dead head pundits that have wrote off this season for us. We have lost one game this season and over the past season we have lost less than UTD lost last season.  Defensively we are up there with City ,Chelsea and Spurs so we will start taking our chances and winning games for fun starting today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #52: Oct 09, 2022 11:05:30 am
      Id love us to turn around our form and put in a great winning performance to shut up all the sh*te pundits who've written us off, but I wouldn't care if it went like the 2001 cup final and we got battered, and nicked it in the 90th minute.
      That'll F**k em !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #53: Oct 09, 2022 11:08:59 am
      I so want to shut up all these dead head pundits that have wrote off this season for us. We have lost one game this season and over the past season we have lost less than UTD lost last season.  Defensively we are up there with City ,Chelsea and Spurs so we will start taking our chances and winning games for fun starting today.

I would love to agree but we look unbelievably vulnerable at the back at the moment. The risk / reward balance isn’t right just yet - hope we can put that right today
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #54: Oct 09, 2022 11:16:52 am
      Think this might be the perfect opposition for us at this point. Arsenal are bang in form right now but we are a better team than them and we have a chance today to answer our critics and get our confidence back. Thiago is key as always so hopefully he’s fit.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #55: Oct 09, 2022 11:21:18 am
      I would love to agree but we look unbelievably vulnerable at the back at the moment. The risk / reward balance isn’t right just yet - hope we can put that right today

This feels like a game mourinho at Chelsea or ferguson at united would walk off snarling after winning a game after being written off all week etc and had their managment/team questioned.

I don't see it today unless we just magically pull a performance out of the bag. Looking at our form this season I only see a heavy defeat today. I get no pleasure obviously saying that. Just trying to be honest. We need to stand up today, show some pride and show how we've been hurt and come out and show em.

Big game for them too. They are flying and being tipped to finish 2nd to city. They are expected to win today so let's see how they deal with it. It would help if we actually start the game not looking like we just got woke from a deep coma.
      Harrisimo

• 8,286 posts | 1399 
      Reply #56: Oct 09, 2022 11:45:20 am
      This feels like a game mourinho at Chelsea or ferguson at united would walk off snarling after winning a game after being written off all week etc and had their managment/team questioned.

I don't see it today unless we just magically pull a performance out of the bag. Looking at our form this season I only see a heavy defeat today. I get no pleasure obviously saying that. Just trying to be honest. We need to stand up today, show some pride and show how we've been hurt and come out and show em.

Big game for them too. They are flying and being tipped to finish 2nd to city. They are expected to win today so let's see how they deal with it. It would help if we actually start the game not looking like we just got woke from a deep coma.

Well the odds don't reflect your 'expected to win' scenario. bout 6/4 them..13/8 us. It's a hard one to call, we will fight and battle through this relatively barren spell. I hope he plays Nunez, some positive stuff coming about him and he could be a matchwinner. So I'm not knocking us I think we will put in a strong showing. Very close I'm calling a 2-1 win.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #57: Oct 09, 2022 12:10:19 pm
      Strangely more confident for this than I was Brighton
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #58: Oct 09, 2022 12:33:07 pm
      Well the odds don't reflect your 'expected to win' scenario. bout 6/4 them..13/8 us. It's a hard one to call, we will fight and battle through this relatively barren spell. I hope he plays Nunez, some positive stuff coming about him and he could be a matchwinner. So I'm not knocking us I think we will put in a strong showing. Very close I'm calling a 2-1 win.

Listen mate it's pretty simple. Only the form we have produced under Jürgen for the past few years will do today.

If we pitch up looking like we just got thrown out of the 051 at 3am and just stand there milling around from the start like we have in pretty much all the games this season we are getting a hiding. Let's see what they've got ... because this season , which is all that matters, we've not shown much. I make arsenal heavy favourites today. I think the odds are quite generous to us.

We can sit here all day spouting we've only lost once. I'm sorry but Fulham, Palace, Bournemouth, Brighton, Everton etc is not a tough start. We've only had 2 games and we lost one of those and fell over the line against Newcastle.

The big thing for me is the press have really gone after us. I want to see something from us today. I want to see some anger, some determination and I want to see some pride ... a 90 minute performance regardless of the result.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #59: Oct 09, 2022 12:56:53 pm
      First time in a long time under Jürgen that we go into a game as firm underdogs. Arsenal have been excellent so far and even the game they lost at United, they played really well.

We will have to play significantly better than we have done in recent weeks to get a result here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #60: Oct 09, 2022 01:02:32 pm
      Dont we have someone at the team hotel in London to let us know whether Thiago is with the team? Come on all you devoted Reds. Give us the inside scoop.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #61: Oct 09, 2022 01:13:42 pm
      First time in a long time under Jürgen that we go into a game as firm underdogs. Arsenal have been excellent so far and even the game they lost at United, they played really well.

We will have to play significantly better than we have done in recent weeks to get a result here.

Agree. I thought they did enough to beat utd. But missed chances and lapse at the back cost them. They have been strong at home this season.

I'm just interested how we play. If we play well they will have to be on it to beat us. If we play like we have been the game will be over after 30 minutes and it could get embarrassing. Brighton should have been 5 up after 30 last week. That's Brighton at anfield and we could have had no complaints.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #62: Oct 09, 2022 01:16:01 pm
      Dont we have someone at the team hotel in London to let us know whether Thiago is with the team? Come on all you devoted Reds. Give us the inside scoop.

I've not seen any confirmation he's travelled. I don't expect to see him today to be honest. And if he is injured I'd be surprised to see him again this month.

Where did the rumour start anyway? Purely based on training photos?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #63: Oct 09, 2022 01:26:05 pm

this is what the media tell us but the reality is we have let in 9 goals less than Chelsea less than Spurs same as City etc. To quote a well known ex Liverpool Manager just check out the "Facts". 3 goals against Brighton didnt help and the 4 against Napoli but in the league we are OK its goals we are missing
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #64: Oct 09, 2022 01:26:45 pm
      It’s not just our defenders that needs to up their game, if they get s bit of cover from the midfield things would improve massively.
      That’s why I think young Harvey shouldn’t be involved. He’s good at what he does, but that doesn’t include much defensive strength.
      I know we get lots of cover from Bob in that respect, but will he start instead of Jotta or Nunez 🤷‍♂️
      Can’t wait for the team sheet now 😬
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #65: Oct 09, 2022 01:28:45 pm
      this is what the media tell us but the reality is we have let in 9 goals less than Chelsea less than Spurs same as City etc. To quote a well known ex Liverpool Manager just check out the "Facts". 3 goals against Brighton didnt help and the 4 against Napoli but in the league we are OK its goals we are missing

I suppose if our chances created, all hit the back of the net, we win most of our previous 7. Brighton excluded.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #66: Oct 09, 2022 01:34:01 pm
      I've not seen any confirmation he's travelled. I don't expect to see him today to be honest. And if he is injured I'd be surprised to see him again this month.

Where did the rumour start anyway? Purely based on training photos?

And Klopp saying during the press conference that two players were missing - Thiago and Arthur!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #67: Oct 09, 2022 02:01:48 pm
      And Klopp saying during the press conference that two players were missing - Thiago and Arthur!!

That’s that then - F**k sake
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1091 
      Reply #68: Oct 09, 2022 02:10:49 pm

Ah OK. Well as controversial as it maybe I stand by the fact that thiago along with Jones keita and Ox should all have been shipped out this summer just gone. The last 3 are not good enough and complete liabilities. Thiago on his day is a wonderful footballer ... but you just can't keep him on the pitch and that is sad. No disputing his quality but across a 38 game campaign you'll be lucky to get 20 appearances out of him.

If he is out then I'd play fabinho and Henderson infront of the back 4 ... cavalho or Elliott infront of them with jota up top in-between salah and Diaz.

Quick Reply