Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Rangers?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (2.5%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      5 (6.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.2%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      57 (70.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Oct 16, 2022 09:51:40 pm

Glasgow Rangers 1-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12121 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Re: Glasgow Rangers 1-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Oct 13, 2022 07:45:55 pm

Yep, McCoist played and managed Rangers but that Camel faced Cnut hates us, it’s not the first time that Knut has gave us the ‘Hump’ celebrating goals against us, aren’t pundits supposed to be impartial anyways??

Is it really that bad that a pundit with such strong links to a club celebrates them scoring?...come on, that's a petty grump. I've heard him praise the club and the people of Merseyside loads of times.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #484: Oct 13, 2022 07:51:18 pm
      Is it really that bad that a pundit with such strong links to a club celebrates them scoring?...come on, that's a petty grump. I've heard him praise the club and the people of Merseyside loads of times.

He's not on about Mccoist, he means the other manc shitbag.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #485: Oct 13, 2022 08:23:46 pm

And the presenter
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 667 
      Reply #486: Oct 13, 2022 09:18:06 pm
      fair enough ...missed that
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #487: Oct 14, 2022 07:18:46 am
      My issue with you and others is you slag off the team and the players but once they start putting in good performances you turn round and praise them. Your not consistent with your support.

Support? We're on a forum mate.

You have an issue with football supporters being human beings it seems. It's football, so people are going to be real people.

Not everyone is exhaustively trying to permanently look like the perfect, everything is rosy, superfan. Footy, and especially Liverpool, breeds all sorts of emotion and reaction
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #488: Oct 14, 2022 08:59:20 am
      My issue with you and others is you slag off the team and the players but once they start putting in good performances you turn round and praise them. Your not consistent with your support.

Who made you the forum police mate? Some are more emotional than others (me included) and when we lose it hurts. It’s pure frustration and some comments are over the top.

But that’s football, rips your heart out but also puts you on cloud 9.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #489: Oct 14, 2022 09:20:11 am
      Support? We're on a forum mate.

You have an issue with football supporters being human beings it seems. It's football, so people are going to be real people.

Not everyone is exhaustively trying to permanently look like the perfect, everything is rosy, superfan. Footy, and especially Liverpool, breeds all sorts of emotion and reaction

Especially this season :laugh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #490: Oct 14, 2022 09:44:10 am

Would be hard to place the start of the season criticism of him not being on form on Salah when he's just scored the fastest hat trick in the CL.
      That's football though isn't it. So rather than tell people they can't feel or can't make a judgement based on the performance in front of them,
      maybe accept that as the nature of the beast.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #491: Oct 15, 2022 11:08:20 am
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #492: Oct 15, 2022 10:01:57 pm
      Quote from LondonRed83
      Who made you the forum police mate? Some are more emotional than others (me included) and when we lose it hurts. It’s pure frustration and some comments are over the top.

But that’s football, rips your heart out but also puts you on cloud 9.

It's not tv where you get 30-60 minutes max after the game to respond. You have time here to calm down, clear the head and think about what you're saying, before hitting the post button. So it's better to use it wisely  than say something you regret instantly.

Quote from HamannsTheMan
      Yeah this was posted by me. Rangers are a pub team. They’re probably the worst team I’ve ever seen in a champions league group and that’s saying something.

However if you read my post all I do is praise us. We can only beat what’s in front of us and we did it in style. At times we looked like the old us. It was an unbelievable performance.

City are currently the best team in the world with two of the best players in the world. If we perform anything like we have for the majority of this season then im sorry to tell you but it’ll be a cricket score.

And they couldn't beat Copenhagen this week. We are 4 games unbeaten against them and beat them just 2 months ago. Best team in what world? Not World Champions. Not European Champions. Not even top of the league either. So the world is a big old place and they're not the best in it atm.

Rangers are not the worst team in a group over the past 30 years, but like most 4th seeds at this level, they're out of their depth. But it's horrible seeing every opponent that we beat these days, described as the "worst team ever", as it reminds me of what people said after we won home games during the Hodgson era. It's not our fault they can't cope,
      but it is our job to put them away.

It wasn't a great performance until the last 15 minutes when the singing fizzled out and the gulf in quality started to show. They couldn't even bother booing Robbo by that stage. But at least the forwards are going into the weekend full of confidence, having scored 9 goals in the last 2 games. Thankfully we have VAR around, so Elliott could benefit from it as well, and we have now guaranteed European football after Christmas.

As for Rio Ferdinand, I'm sure he's really enjoying this year's European Cup, watching more successful teams than his fight it out for glory.

Quick Reply