Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      7 (11.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (5.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (6.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      22 (37.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (5.1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Oct 13, 2022 06:30:19 pm

Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19625 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Re: Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #920: Oct 10, 2022 12:11:07 pm

For f**k sake - considering Henderson’s superb track record in the community and charity work, I have a feeling this will be dropped quickly
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #921: Oct 10, 2022 12:14:15 pm
      I will be staggered if Henderson has used any racist language - there is a chance he said something to Partey about his current issue and imo that’s fair game

Chances are Partey just a fcuking snowflake. Henderson never had any history of racism.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #922: Oct 10, 2022 12:23:16 pm
      Nor sure Partey involved tbh think this solely between Gabriel and our captain
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #923: Oct 10, 2022 12:30:39 pm
      Nor sure Partey involved tbh think this solely between Gabriel and our captain

Partey was there and walked away , then Gabriel got involved then Chaka
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,385 posts | 201 
      Reply #924: Oct 10, 2022 12:31:28 pm
      This JH lapdog doesn't know when to quit does he. I think we paid about 60m upfront for Darwin. 5m on cavalho and 5m on ramsay. 70m.

Got 35m for mane, 15 million for Williams and 18m for taki . Took a few million for loaning players out again and guess what .... we spent f*ck all again.

Klopp has spent around 620m on players and recouped 480m for a net of 140m or 20m a season. Tell me how you are supposed to compete spending 20m a year. Its like the David Moores years. A disgrace.

We've won what we've won inspite of JH and his group. And when Jürgen leaves they will be exposed as the clueless penny pinching p*icks they've always been. Propped up by a genius that sadly is running out of tricks to keep us competitive.

Spot on

This reminds me of wenger at Arsenal, of course he only got top 4 and as soon as he left, the wheels fell off as he did really well to keep arsenal competitive in respect of getting 4th despite spending less than rivals due to the stadium etc

It’s sad to say but we have fallen in the same pit, get a world class system in place and hope the world class manager and system can allow us to spend far less than rivals but maintain our competitiveness. It’s very attractive for a business owner to keep this going

But there is absolutely no excuse for not being on the ball when realising we needed a big re investment to as to when our cycle ended

I get it, we have probably spent around 100-120m on stadium and other club
      Upgrades where other clubs take loans to do it (those without sugar daddies or wealth funds) we used our own internal money we saved from transfer spending

It’s clear the whole board thought we could get away with this model as it did wonders, what they didn’t realise is you need continued investment or you go backwards, instead they took a gamble and it hasn’t paid off

I expect next season we will have a net spend of around 100-120m and people should remember this, why? Because right now I bet they wish they spent that bit more over the last 2 seasons and brought in a couple of more quality cm players to pass the torch as such in our midfield and instead they will now do it at their next chance which will be next season

The problem is the damage has been done, we are now in a dog fight for 4th, this is going to be a real dog fight and one of klopps best achievement if we get 4th with a group of players past their best physically and mentally which klopp relies on so much

I do believe we can get fourth but for F**k sake klopp, you have to first make us solid,  you play gung ho and keep getting caught out time and time again start of games on the counter l. we must admit and adapt to our current situation and be more timid

I rather take 0-0 than 3-3 everyday, get our clean sheets back, make us solid with a proper 4-3-3 with 3 cm sitting in front of our defence using our full backs and 3 attackers as our main focus of attack and hopefully we can control games more and get some wins

We are too open, Arsenal cut us open countless times yesterday and it was as obvious to see our huge gaps

If we get fourth, we need a big summer, then a re focus going forward, try to being spend 50-60m net spending which should be possible with change left over to continue investing in our first team squad to never repeat this mistake again

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #925: Oct 10, 2022 01:10:09 pm
      This JH lapdog doesn't know when to quit does he. I think we paid about 60m upfront for Darwin. 5m on cavalho and 5m on ramsay. 70m.

Got 35m for mane, 15 million for Williams and 18m for taki . Took a few million for loaning players out again and guess what .... we spent f*ck all again.

Klopp has spent around 620m on players and recouped 480m for a net of 140m or 20m a season. Tell me how you are supposed to compete spending 20m a year. Its like the David Moores years. A disgrace.

We've won what we've won inspite of JH and his group. And when Jürgen leaves they will be exposed as the clueless penny pinching p*icks they've always been. Propped up by a genius that sadly is running out of tricks to keep us competitive.

If people can't see the midfield needs a refresh, then good luck to them.
      Personally when in a hole though, I usually stop digging.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #926: Oct 10, 2022 01:15:52 pm
      If people can't see the midfield needs a refresh, then good luck to them.
      Personally when in a hole though, I usually stop digging.
      They are aiming their comments at me and not once have I or indeed anyone have stated that we don’t need a new midfielder into the club
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 717 
      Reply #927: Oct 10, 2022 01:21:30 pm
      Spot on

This reminds me of wenger at Arsenal, of course he only got top 4 and as soon as he left, the wheels fell off as he did really well to keep arsenal competitive in respect of getting 4th despite spending less than rivals due to the stadium etc

It’s sad to say but we have fallen in the same pit, get a world class system in place and hope the world class manager and system can allow us to spend far less than rivals but maintain our competitiveness. It’s very attractive for a business owner to keep this going

But there is absolutely no excuse for not being on the ball when realising we needed a big re investment to as to when our cycle ended

I get it, we have probably spent around 100-120m on stadium and other club
      Upgrades where other clubs take loans to do it (those without sugar daddies or wealth funds) we used our own internal money we saved from transfer spending

It’s clear the whole board thought we could get away with this model as it did wonders, what they didn’t realise is you need continued investment or you go backwards, instead they took a gamble and it hasn’t paid off

I expect next season we will have a net spend of around 100-120m and people should remember this, why? Because right now I bet they wish they spent that bit more over the last 2 seasons and brought in a couple of more quality cm players to pass the torch as such in our midfield and instead they will now do it at their next chance which will be next season

The problem is the damage has been done, we are now in a dog fight for 4th, this is going to be a real dog fight and one of klopps best achievement if we get 4th with a group of players past their best physically and mentally which klopp relies on so much

I do believe we can get fourth but for f**k sake klopp, you have to first make us solid,  you play gung ho and keep getting caught out time and time again start of games on the counter l. we must admit and adapt to our current situation and be more timid

I rather take 0-0 than 3-3 everyday, get our clean sheets back, make us solid with a proper 4-3-3 with 3 cm sitting in front of our defence using our full backs and 3 attackers as our main focus of attack and hopefully we can control games more and get some wins

We are too open, Arsenal cut us open countless times yesterday and it was as obvious to see our huge gaps

If we get fourth, we need a big summer, then a re focus going forward, try to being spend 50-60m net spending which should be possible with change left over to continue investing in our first team squad to never repeat this mistake again
      Agreed.
      Two things come to mind. First, at the backend of last season we had to go full on and win (more or less) all our games to be in the hunt at the end. This we did with amazing resolve and fight. Combine that with the effort to get to Paris...again accomplished, it would be fair to say
      all seemed rosy, at least little cause for concern. I think the drop-off this season has not just come as a shock to the fans, but also to Jürgen and the owners. There just wasn't the evidence signalling this level of collapse. I think JK felt the midfield was all good for this season at least, and playing anywhere near their normal form, bye and large they are. But for whatever reason (none of us know for sure) that form is absent, gone, vanished...which brings me to my second point, what to do about it.
      You are spot on, to redress this situation needs a major rethink. We are not playing well enough to afford the luxury of the high line at the back, frankly it's an open invitation to score, which is being taken each and every week, shipping 3 at home to Brighton a perfect example.
      The back four needs to take a step back and defend..really defend, because at the moment we're just not giving ourselves a chance continually chasing the game. Finally, if the consensus is that TAA can't defend ( I don't know) then he needs to be moved, again we don't have the luxury to play him IF, he can't defend.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #928: Oct 10, 2022 01:31:58 pm
      I think he could be good - anyone is better than Henderson at the moment

I don’t want that charlatan wearing the red shirt again.
      I supported him through thick and thin and now, I’m done with him!
      He’s running his contract down to leave on a free. We can replace him with a cardboard cutout as they’re both made of the same stuff.

Keita can do one.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #929: Oct 10, 2022 01:40:32 pm
      The commitment to defend isn't there or it's not 100%. Nearly every 50/50 ball was lost. In the run up to the pen the challengers were powder puff stuff..puff stuff. Clearances were scuffed or half hearted. But Joe was more aggressive coming on for injured Trent

Their 2nd was stupid as well, poor game management, left the back door open. Casual defending and it's VVD who sets that tone. If the defense don't do their job this could be the worst season in living memory.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #930: Oct 10, 2022 01:46:53 pm

Why did any of them three think they had to get involved ?
      It was a clear pen, if the ref does his job, which was such an easy decision to make, or var, even easier with all the playbacks and numerous camera angles, then the pen is given inside 10 seconds, and non of the follow up takes place !
      It’s the cheating var officials and cheating refs who cause the issues and confrontations.

Cheating lot of bas**rds all of them. All happening far too often to be overlooked. But it will be.
      About time the culprits were booted out.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #931: Oct 10, 2022 01:54:09 pm
      Why did any of them three think they had to get involved ?
      It was a clear pen, if the ref does his job, which was such an easy decision to make, or var, even easier with all the playbacks and numerous camera angles, then the pen is given inside 10 seconds, and non of the follow up takes place !
      It’s the cheating var officials and cheating refs who cause the issues and confrontations.

Cheating lot of bas**rds all of them. All happening far too often to be overlooked. But it will be.
      About time the culprits were booted out.

VAR was undermined by the comments that VAR did not send Oliver to the monitor for the hand ball pen in the first half nor the actual penalty because he is very well respected etc. If that had any bearing on the VAR judges NOT telling Oliver to review then it's not fit for purpose.

On those lines Kane should be given a penalty every time he falls over in the area, because of his standing in the game. No...every single decision on a football field, VAR or otherwise HAS to be on MERIT...if not...it's not fit for purpose.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #932: Oct 10, 2022 02:02:35 pm
      VAR was undermined by the comments that VAR did not send Oliver to the monitor for the hand ball pen in the first half nor the actual penalty because he is very well respected etc. If that had any bearing on the VAR judges NOT telling Oliver to review then it's not fit for purpose.

On those lines Kane should be given a penalty every time he falls over in the area, because of his standing in the game. No...every single decision on a football field, VAR or otherwise HAS to be on MERIT...if not...it's not fit for purpose.

Has it been confirmed that was the reason why they didn’t ask him to look at the reply ?
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #933: Oct 10, 2022 02:10:58 pm

Has it been confirmed that was the reason why they didn’t ask him to look at the reply ?

No and I've mailed the FA asking to say all decision are made on merit and not on the supposed quality of the Ref. I will get a reply. The Pen was a 50/50 and as such Oliver should've been told to review it on the monitor, ditto the hand ball.
      rossyred

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #934: Oct 10, 2022 02:11:49 pm

Khan ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #935: Oct 10, 2022 03:43:05 pm

He didn't Tell Him Something Good.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #936: Oct 10, 2022 04:08:25 pm
      Still got to question VAR how is that not a handball and penalty, yet every the penalty given would not have been given as a foul outside the box truly shocking

Have to be honest I also thought they got the Tsimikas / Jesus  incident wrong, looked  intentional to me. 
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1382 
      Reply #937: Oct 10, 2022 04:44:45 pm
      Have to be honest I also thought they got the Tsimikas / Jesus  incident wrong, looked  intentional to me.

But very difficult to say he was aiming for his face. Players shuve and push, arms flailing about, all the time. and why didn't Oliver give a pen when Diaz picked up the ball ran straight at them and got clear with less than half a yard, about to shoot, was pushed in the back over the goal line. That was adjudged to be the defender showing strength when in fact Diaz was clearly pushed over the goal line.

Oliver then didn't give the penalty because he judged that the defender was so close that he couldn't get his arm out of the way....yet 5 minutes later gave hand ball against Diaz when the ball bounced up and hit his arm in the box.

Oliver favoured Arsenal throughout the game and VAR backed him up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #938: Oct 10, 2022 05:36:52 pm
      your having a laugh. Also even SKY's Ref Dermott said we should have had a penalty and Arsenal shouldn't  so what a difference this place would have been if those two decisions had gone rightly our way.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #939: Oct 10, 2022 05:51:20 pm
      your having a laugh. Also even SKY's Ref Dermott said we should have had a penalty and Arsenal shouldn't  so what a difference this place would have been if those two decisions had gone rightly our way.

I thought you should of had a penalty also. Like I said on another post I keep saying the opposite of what VAR say.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,858 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #940: Oct 10, 2022 05:55:57 pm
      But very difficult to say he was aiming for his face. Players shuve and push, arms flailing about, all the time. and why didn't Oliver give a pen when Diaz picked up the ball ran straight at them and got clear with less than half a yard, about to shoot, was pushed in the back over the goal line. That was adjudged to be the defender showing strength when in fact Diaz was clearly pushed over the goal line.

Oliver then didn't give the penalty because he judged that the defender was so close that he couldn't get his arm out of the way....yet 5 minutes later gave hand ball against Diaz when the ball bounced up and hit his arm in the box.

Oliver favoured Arsenal throughout the game and VAR backed him up.

On this one didn’t think it was difficult, looked like he did to me. Not sure favoured the right word just wrong decisions given time after time. 100% should of had a penalty.

I thought Rashfords goal was good but the rule says even if it’s accidental still handball.

VAR boggles  :f_doh:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #941: Oct 10, 2022 08:05:13 pm
      They are aiming their comments at me and not once have I or indeed anyone have stated that we don’t need a new midfielder into the club

Yes you have. Several times actually.

You and your sidekick consistently say we have about 9 centre mids and there isn’t any room to bring anybody else in.

You repeatedly said Thiago was a replacement for Gini - which he wasn’t. They had a full season here together and were both first choice when fit.

If you’re now suggesting that we do need a midfielder, which 99% of us have been crying out for for 2-3 seasons now, then why did fsg sign an injury prone Arthur on loan when it’s something that needs addressing urgently?

If you’re going to reply with that nonsense how we wait for our targets and refer to Bellingham, what are you going to say if we don’t actually sign him? Which now seems more likely by the day.

Since 2019 we have signed two midfielders. Thiago and Arthur. Embarrassing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #942: Oct 10, 2022 08:22:31 pm
      Impossible to decide. Magalhaes is Brazilian. Hendo a geordie lad. Lets see how the FA look at it. We've been tangled up in this sort of stuff before with Suarez and Firmino. Not good it is.

Doubt Henderson would call himself that, in fact I'd say he was a mackem :laugh:

Quick Reply