Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      7 (11.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (5.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (6.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.3%)
      Darwin NĂșñez
      22 (37.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (5.1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Oct 13, 2022 06:30:19 pm

Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19125 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #943: Oct 10, 2022 08:26:10 pm
      VAR was undermined by the comments that VAR did not send Oliver to the monitor for the hand ball pen in the first half nor the actual penalty because he is very well respected etc. If that had any bearing on the VAR judges NOT telling Oliver to review then it's not fit for purpose.

On those lines Kane should be given a penalty every time he falls over in the area, because of his standing in the game. No...every single decision on a football field, VAR or otherwise HAS to be on MERIT...if not...it's not fit for purpose.

Twice that has happened to us this season. Getting beyond a joke VAR now, the fact it's run by the same pathetic refs we've been complaining about for years, no wonder it's a joke.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #944: Oct 10, 2022 09:49:25 pm
      I have full trust in Klopp to sort this out
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #945: Oct 10, 2022 11:12:34 pm
      Yes you have. Several times actually.

You and your sidekick consistently say we have about 9 centre mids and there isn’t any room to bring anybody else in.

You repeatedly said Thiago was a replacement for Gini - which he wasn’t. They had a full season here together and were both first choice when fit.

If you’re now suggesting that we do need a midfielder, which 99% of us have been crying out for for 2-3 seasons now, then why did fsg sign an injury prone Arthur on loan when it’s something that needs addressing urgently?

If you’re going to reply with that nonsense how we wait for our targets and refer to Bellingham, what are you going to say if we don’t actually sign him? Which now seems more likely by the day.

Since 2019 we have signed two midfielders. Thiago and Arthur. Embarrassing.

My sidekick 🤷‍♂

Yes I think Thiago was Gini replacement, that’s my opinion , not sure how you can say it’s wrong , you can have a different opinion but I believe the club knew Gini was leaving and had a chance to bring in Thiago and took it - it’s the same as I think Diaz was Manes replacement and they had the chance to bring him in early

Since 2019 we have brought in two midfielders and you could say three with Elliot - also in that period we have lost 1 midfielder from the first team -Gini , we haven’t had an exodus of midfielders and not replaced them. It’s the same numbers in the midfield

As for why they brought in Arthur - I believe they wanted the guy from Monaco who would ultimately replacing Milner but he picked Madrid and they also want Bellingham but he was never going to arrive this summer - so who they target next - their choice , it will still be Bellingham but they will no doubt have other targets if that doesn’t work out and will bring in two because Milner will leave and one of Ox or Keita will leave - Ox being the favourite with Keita signing a new contract. It also wouldn’t surprise me to see them getting someone in during the Jan window.

There are lists of names floating around but I still think Bellingham will be their key target and then will bring in someone under the radar. I’ll certainly trust their process

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #946: Oct 10, 2022 11:25:26 pm

My sidekick 🤷‍♂

Yes I think Thiago was Gini replacement, that’s my opinion , not sure how you can say it’s wrong , you can have a different opinion but I believe the club knew Gini was leaving and had a chance to bring in Thiago and took it - it’s the same as I think Diaz was Manes replacement and they had the chance to bring him in early

Since 2019 we have brought in two midfielders and you could say three with Elliot - also in that period we have lost 1 midfielder from the first team -Gini , we haven’t had an exodus of midfielders and not replaced them. It’s the same numbers in the midfield

As for why they brought in Arthur - I believe they wanted the guy from Monaco who would ultimately replacing Milner but he picked Madrid and they also want Bellingham but he was never going to arrive this summer - so who they target next - their choice , it will still be Bellingham but they will no doubt have other targets if that doesn’t work out and will bring in two because Milner will leave and one of Ox or Keita will leave - Ox being the favourite with Keita signing a new contract. It also wouldn’t surprise me to see them getting someone in during the Jan window.

There are lists of names floating around but I still think Bellingham will be their key target and then will bring in someone under the radar. I’ll certainly trust their process

What position did Elliott play for Fulham? And where did Elliott play for Blackburn? Where has he played during his youth career?

He plays CM for us because klopp has very few options. Elliott playing RCM is a huge reason to why Trent has struggled defensively too - because Elliott isn’t a natural centre mid. He certainly isn’t anything like the midfielders klopp has used during his time here.

Ok that’s your opinion. Neither of us know for sure. I just think it’s an excuse. But in that case maybe you should perhaps respect other peoples opinions rather than shutting them down with your love for FSG? It’s my opinion that klopp doesn’t want ox in his squad and to a lesser extent Curtis Jones and Naby. I don’t think klopp particularly wants to play Elliott in midfield either but as stated, his hands are tied. I don’t think he wants to start Hendo or Milner every single week, he has already gotten into a habit of subbing Hendo off around 60mins whenever he plays. So  I believe that those players are still on our books because FSG won’t reinvest. We have to keep them. We’re stuck with them. We have no other options.

Why couldn’t we have got bellingham? Just because they sold Haaland? It doesn’t matter. Money talks and every player has their price. Klopp hinted several times during interviews that he wanted a midfielder. Why aren’t our owners backing him and taking a hit on the likes of naby? If we put naby up for sale for 10m there would be a buyer and it would free up a space in our squad that you often talk about.

We won’t sign Bellingham because he will cost around 80m and that means we will have to sell 80m worth of our squad or very close to it. Who are we going to sell? You always tell us that net spend doesn’t matter and it’s irrelevant. This is exactly why it does matter and why it IS relevant.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #947: Oct 10, 2022 11:44:13 pm
      What position did Elliott play for Fulham? And where did Elliott play for Blackburn? Where has he played during his youth career?

He plays CM for us because klopp has very few options. Elliott playing RCM is a huge reason to why Trent has struggled defensively too - because Elliott isn’t a natural centre mid. He certainly isn’t anything like the midfielders klopp has used during his time here.

Does it matter where they played in their early years ? He wouldn’t be the first to transition into a different role , from the minute he came back last season Klopp clearly likes him in the middle three to maybe give a more attacking option from that three - something that many have said we lack , and even now Klopp still plays him there so it’s clearly where the manager thinks he is best suited - he also recently is playing in that 8 role for England Under21’s as well

Ok that’s your opinion. Neither of us know for sure. I just think it’s an excuse. But in that case maybe you should perhaps respect other peoples opinions rather than shutting them down with your love for FSG? It’s my opinion that klopp doesn’t want ox in his squad and to a lesser extent Curtis Jones and Naby. I don’t think klopp particularly wants to play Elliott in midfield either but as stated, his hands are tied. I don’t think he wants to start Hendo or Milner every single week, he has already gotten into a habit of subbing Hendo off around 60mins whenever he plays. So  I believe that those players are still on our books because FSG won’t reinvest. We have to keep them. We’re stuck with them. We have no other options.

If he doesn’t want Ox why haven’t they sold him ? Same with Jones , Keita etc . Or is it not as easy as just getting rid like that and then bringing in replacements? Is it a bit tougher in the real world to just let players go when under contract ? Both those players were bought under Klopp .

If the club can’t sell the players then what are they supposed to do ? Just rip up their contracts ? What’s the solution

Why couldn’t we have got bellingham? Just because they sold Haaland? It doesn’t matter. Money talks and every player has their price. Klopp hinted several times during interviews that he wanted a midfielder. Why aren’t our owners backing him and taking a hit on the likes of naby? If we put naby up for sale for 10m there would be a buyer and it would free up a space in our squad that you often talk about.

We won’t sign Bellingham because he will cost around 80m and that means we will have to sell 80m worth of our squad or very close to it. Who are we going to sell? You always tell us that net spend doesn’t matter and it’s irrelevant. This is exactly why it does matter and why it IS relevant.

Dortmund weren’t going to sell - you can’t force clubs to sell a player if they don’t want too and they are a club that is more than happy to keep players and sell when they think it’s right - Sancho is your example

Why wouldn’t we pay £80mil for him next summer ? We were willing to pay that for the lad from Monaco this summer ? That money didn’t go to anyone else -

Klopp also said that they went for a midfielder and he picked someone else and someone else wasn’t available

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/liverpool/were-going-JĂŒrgen-klopp-drops-aurelien-tchouameni-hint-in-latest-liverpool-transfer-update-3825014

“So it means we had all different aspects of a midfield game. You all told me or whoever, you are the ones who ask questions obviously then: ‘Do you need another midfielder?’ A 10th midfielder?

“Sure, but we were going for a midfielder but a midfielder decided to go to another club, so that can happen. So in that moment it’s now not just like this: ‘Oh we don’t take him, then let’s see if we can take the other one’.

“Some players are in this moment not available but for us really interesting, so that’s how it is. And now we can make their decision – we bring somebody in where you think: ‘Is it the right one?’ I’m not 100% sure - short term probably yes, long term I’m not 100% sure and what would that mean for the next transfer and all these kind of things, what are all going through the mind. That’s how our life is.”
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #948: Oct 11, 2022 07:17:17 am

Does it matter where they played in their early years ? He wouldn’t be the first to transition into a different role , from the minute he came back last season Klopp clearly likes him in the middle three to maybe give a more attacking option from that three - something that many have said we lack , and even now Klopp still plays him there so it’s clearly where the manager thinks he is best suited - he also recently is playing in that 8 role for England Under21’s as well

If he doesn’t want Ox why haven’t they sold him ? Same with Jones , Keita etc . Or is it not as easy as just getting rid like that and then bringing in replacements? Is it a bit tougher in the real world to just let players go when under contract ? Both those players were bought under Klopp .

If the club can’t sell the players then what are they supposed to do ? Just rip up their contracts ? What’s the solution

Dortmund weren’t going to sell - you can’t force clubs to sell a player if they don’t want too and they are a club that is more than happy to keep players and sell when they think it’s right - Sancho is your example

Why wouldn’t we pay £80mil for him next summer ? We were willing to pay that for the lad from Monaco this summer ? That money didn’t go to anyone else -

Klopp also said that they went for a midfielder and he picked someone else and someone else wasn’t available

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/liverpool/were-going-JĂŒrgen-klopp-drops-aurelien-tchouameni-hint-in-latest-liverpool-transfer-update-3825014

“So it means we had all different aspects of a midfield game. You all told me or whoever, you are the ones who ask questions obviously then: ‘Do you need another midfielder?’ A 10th midfielder?

“Sure, but we were going for a midfielder but a midfielder decided to go to another club, so that can happen. So in that moment it’s now not just like this: ‘Oh we don’t take him, then let’s see if we can take the other one’.

“Some players are in this moment not available but for us really interesting, so that’s how it is. And now we can make their decision – we bring somebody in where you think: ‘Is it the right one?’ I’m not 100% sure - short term probably yes, long term I’m not 100% sure and what would that mean for the next transfer and all these kind of things, what are all going through the mind. That’s how our life is.”

Yes it matters because we desperately need a proper centre mid and have for a couple of seasons now. Playing Elliott in there is no different to playing salah in there. He’s a winger.

Does klopp like him in there or is it a case of his hands being tied like i say? Would klopp have ever had played him in the middle if we had other options? I very much doubt it.

Elliott is a good little player, but do you not agree he looks a bit lightweight playing in the middle and that his covering of Trent is poor?

I’ve just said why. We’re stuck with them. FSG won’t spend so we’ve got to keep the likes of ox & naby on our books for longer than what I believe JĂŒrgen would like. They’re useless to us. They offer us nothing. I don’t doubt for one second that if klopp had the option of getting shut of those two and bringing in two decent reliable centre mids he would take it. Do you not agree?

Ah right so you think we’ll spend 80m outright on a player without seeing that money recouped first, or very close to it at least. Name a time that’s happened under their ownership then?

Do you think it’s good running of a football club to watch it decline because we’re so insistent on landing our targets, who we might not even sign anyway?

This decline is going to put us in the Europa league and Milner will sign another contract until 2047.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #949: Oct 11, 2022 08:37:56 am
      Yes it matters because we desperately need a proper centre mid and have for a couple of seasons now. Playing Elliott in there is no different to playing salah in there. He’s a winger.

Does klopp like him in there or is it a case of his hands being tied like i say? Would klopp have ever had played him in the middle if we had other options? I very much doubt it.

Elliott is a good little player, but do you not agree he looks a bit lightweight playing in the middle and that his covering of Trent is poor?

I’ve just said why. We’re stuck with them. FSG won’t spend so we’ve got to keep the likes of ox & naby on our books for longer than what I believe JĂŒrgen would like. They’re useless to us. They offer us nothing. I don’t doubt for one second that if klopp had the option of getting shut of those two and bringing in two decent reliable centre mids he would take it. Do you not agree?

Ah right so you think we’ll spend 80m outright on a player without seeing that money recouped first, or very close to it at least. Name a time that’s happened under their ownership then?

Do you think it’s good running of a football club to watch it decline because we’re so insistent on landing our targets, who we might not even sign anyway?

This decline is going to put us in the Europa league and Milner will sign another contract until 2047.

I think you’re bang on
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #950: Oct 11, 2022 09:14:48 am

Last season shows you have it wrong when it comes to Elliot

Elliot started plenty of games before his injury in the middle of the park whilst players like Thiago ,, Henderson and Keita sat on the bench - and it all come from him playing there through pre season , is it that much is stretch to think that Klopp is playing him there because that’s where he sees his future and I said that’s where he playing for the U21s for England now as well

And Trent was fine last season with him there - Trent’s issues are down to Trent and VVD right now.

Do you think it’s that easy to just sell them and then bring replacements in ? When it comes to Keita i think Klopp rates him highly and it’s just his injury issues that’s frustrating him and that’s the same with Ox - ox may well have left in the summer but then got injured , but it’s just not as black and white ad stated

Ok let’s look back

17/18 season

We spent ÂŁ156 mil

In the summer we spent ÂŁ80 mil - Ox , Salah and Robbo

Sold Sakho - ÂŁ25 mil

In the Jan sold Coutinho for ÂŁ120mil ( inital ) and then bought VVD ÂŁ76mil - so overall worked out even balance

But the next summer we bought

Alisson
      Keita
      Fabinho
      Shaqiri

ÂŁ160mil worth

Brought in ÂŁ37mil for Solanke and Ward

Big spend there

20/21

Brought in Jota , Thiago and Kosta for ÂŁ80mil

Sold Lovren for ÂŁ10mil

21/22

Summer brought in Konate for ÂŁ36mil

Sold wilson and a few others for about ÂŁ25 mil

Then in Jan bought Diaz for ÂŁ45mil - sold no one ,

So yes I think that we would be ok paying ÂŁ80mil for Bellingham without selling players To fund it

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-fc/transfers/verein/31/plus/?saison_id=2018&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Are we on a decline now as opposed to a run of poor form 🤦‍♂

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #951: Oct 11, 2022 09:50:00 am
      Arsenal were the better team and always looked like winning in my opinion.

The ref definetely had a stinker and we perhaps should have been given a penalty while they shouldn't of had one, but it is what it is. The bigger issue was the same type of threat was seen time and time again down our right defensive side.

This season is about damage limitation now, we really need to get back to basics and find what will make us solid at the back, personally I still think Trent should be dropped with Joe replacing him, I would get Konate back in the starting line up somehow also.

Salah for the first time this season for me really stood out as a poor performer for me, when we have Nunez and Diaz playing their role and the star man still is nowehere to be seen in terms of goals and assists, it was bad. He really really really needs to step up now that Diaz is out for a long period of time.

Not really sure what else to say, just hope we start to improve sharpish.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #952: Oct 11, 2022 10:02:39 am

Elliot started plenty of games before his injury in the middle of the park whilst players like Thiago ,, Henderson and Keita sat on the bench - and it all come from him playing there through pre season , is it that much is stretch to think that Klopp is playing him there because that’s where he sees his future and I said that’s where he playing for the U21s for England now as well

And Trent was fine last season with him there - Trent’s issues are down to Trent and VVD right now.

Do you think it’s that easy to just sell them and then bring replacements in ? When it comes to Keita i think Klopp rates him highly and it’s just his injury issues that’s frustrating him and that’s the same with Ox - ox may well have left in the summer but then got injured , but it’s just not as black and white ad stated

Ok let’s look back

17/18 season

We spent ÂŁ156 mil

Sold Sakho - ÂŁ25 mil

In the Jan sold Coutinho for ÂŁ120mil ( inital ) and then bought VVD ÂŁ76mil - so overall worked out even balance

Alisson
      Keita
      Fabinho
      Shaqiri

ÂŁ160mil worth

Big spend there

20/21

Sold Lovren for ÂŁ10mil

21/22

So yes I think that we would be ok paying ÂŁ80mil for Bellingham without selling players To fund it

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-fc/transfers/verein/31/plus/?saison_id=2018&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Im still convinced its just poor start due to injuries and fitting new players in. losing mane, origi & Taki in one transfer window is also perhaps effecting us more than folk would like to admit.

So more of change rather than a decline, but if we don't sort ourselves out soon, it will be a decline as we will struggle to get top 4.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #953: Oct 11, 2022 10:10:17 am
      Im still convinced its just poor start due to injuries and fitting new players in. losing mane, origi & Taki in one transfer window is also perhaps effecting us more than folk would like to admit.

So more of change rather than a decline, but if we don't sort ourselves out soon, it will be a decline as we will struggle to get top 4.

I think losing Mane was a big miss - he was outstanding from Jan until he left - don’t think Origi and Taki going is much as they didn’t really play league games

I think it’s just a combination of everything

Mental and Physical tiredness from last season
      Poor form
      Drop in confidence
      Some injuries

The team that played Arsenal on Sunday would have walked the game last season but right now they are a step of the pace , not agressive in the press and it’s all heads down

They do need to sort it out sooner but it’s not a decline imo
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #954: Oct 11, 2022 10:39:27 am
      I think losing Mane was a big miss - he was outstanding from Jan until he left - don’t think Origi and Taki going is much as they didn’t really play league games

I think it’s just a combination of everything

Mental and Physical tiredness from last season
      Poor form
      Drop in confidence
      Some injuries

The team that played Arsenal on Sunday would have walked the game last season but right now they are a step of the pace , not agressive in the press and it’s all heads down

They do need to sort it out sooner but it’s not a decline imo

Yea but Taki & Origi where generally brilliant when called upon, Origi super sub, they have been replaced by 2 young lads who are obviously not as experienced.

Its defo a combination of stuff, a clusterfuk of various sh1t. l o l
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #955: Oct 11, 2022 10:50:47 am
      Yea but Taki & Origi where generally brilliant when called upon, Origi super sub, they have been replaced by 2 young lads who are obviously not as experienced.

Well Origi has been replaced by NĂșñez - Origi last year scored 3 Prem goals in 7 games

Taki replaced by Carvahlo- Taki scored 3 in 11

So I don’t think they are a miss right now
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #956: Oct 11, 2022 10:52:00 am

Well Origi has been replaced by NĂșñez - Origi last year scored 3 Prem goals in 7 games

Taki replaced by Carvahlo- Taki scored 3 in 11

So I don’t think they are a miss right now

Disagree. but thats cool.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #957: Oct 11, 2022 11:28:36 am

Ok let’s look back

17/18 season

We spent ÂŁ156 mil

Sold Sakho - ÂŁ25 mil

Alisson
      Keita
      Fabinho
      Shaqiri

ÂŁ160mil worth

Big spend there

20/21

Sold Lovren for ÂŁ10mil

21/22

Wrong about what? He’s playing out of position. There is nothing wrong about that, I am 100% correct.  Let’s see if Elliott is starting games for us in 5 years time in the middle of midfield. I’m going to bet you now, he won’t be.  And if Elliott moves on eventually which he probably will one day, let’s see where he plays for his new club. I don’t think it’ll be centre mid. Playing as an 8 for England 21s is a little bit different to playing in a 3 for Liverpool, and now perhaps a pivot.

Klopp played him in the middle during pre season because we had very few options. He looked in his squad who has the ability and who he could coach to play there and chose Elliott. Elliott has a lot of strengths but he isn’t a natural midfielder and it shows at times. If you don’t think he participates towards Trent’s defending then you need to watch us more closely. Trent performs much better when Henderson is in the team. And I’m not even a fan of Henderson. And I’m a fan of Elliott.

Yes it is that easy. Every player has a price no matter what and you could bully any club into selling. Bellingham is English and I’m certain he would want to join us and work with klopp. We could have caused unrest and forced them to sell.

So those specific players you’ve mentioned and those figures you’ve just posted works out we have a + net spend of around 60m each season then. Just isn’t true that is it?

What is the actual net spend during klopps time here and what does it average out a season? It certainly isn’t 60m. It’s more around 20 isn’t it? So we won’t be signing anybody unless players go out the door first for big money. It’s always been that way.

That’s fine and I have no problem with that. Every club should do that. But what I do have a problem with is watching the team decline while we juggle players around. We have needed a couple of midfielders for a while now and since 2019 we have signed Thiago and Arthur. That’s not good enough.

Whether it’s poor form or decline we don’t know yet. I was hoping it was just a blip but there is major concerns within our team now and it’s clear we need new players. Therefore, I think we’re currently in decline.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #958: Oct 11, 2022 11:40:24 am

Agreed, they would come on and always play a part.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #959: Oct 11, 2022 11:45:18 am
      Last 5 years We have been out spent by Wolves, Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, City and Utd.

Klopp’s box of tricks is empty unfortunately without another Coutinho to flog.

Although to be fair this current slump he has to take some responsibility with some crazy tactics and formations.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #960: Oct 11, 2022 12:12:07 pm
      Last 5 years We have been out spent by Wolves, Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, City and Utd.

Although to be fair this current slump he has to take some responsibility with some crazy tactics and formations.

Agreed but I do think some of his players have let him down - minimal desire, bad attitude and shocking form
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #961: Oct 11, 2022 01:10:09 pm
      Wrong about what? He’s playing out of position. There is nothing wrong about that, I am 100% correct.  Let’s see if Elliott is starting games for us in 5 years time in the middle of midfield. I’m going to bet you now, he won’t be.  And if Elliott moves on eventually which he probably will one day, let’s see where he plays for his new club. I don’t think it’ll be centre mid. Playing as an 8 for England 21s is a little bit different to playing in a 3 for Liverpool, and now perhaps a pivot.

So for the last 14/16 months Klopp has Elliot playing in a midfield three and that’s 99% of his career at the club with Klopp clearly preferring him to play there - yet you say it’s wrong ? How are you 100% correct and Klopp wrong then ?

Klopp played him in the middle during pre season because we had very few options. He looked in his squad who has the ability and who he could coach to play there and chose Elliott. Elliott has a lot of strengths but he isn’t a natural midfielder and it shows at times. If you don’t think he participates towards Trent’s defending then you need to watch us more closely. Trent performs much better when Henderson is in the team. And I’m not even a fan of Henderson. And I’m a fan of Elliott.

No he didn’t - he played him there last pre season because that’s were he thought he looked best

He has also played 99% of his games in the Prem as a midfielder-

Yes it is that easy. Every player has a price no matter what and you could bully any club into selling. Bellingham is English and I’m certain he would want to join us and work with klopp. We could have caused unrest and forced them to sell.

Sorry but the “every player has his price” is nonsense - and Dortmund have shown they can’t be bullied - the history is there , they sell on their terms , the player can look to force it but if the club don’t want to sell then they won’t.

Bellingham will be sold when Dortmund are ready to sell

So those specific players you’ve mentioned and those figures you’ve just posted works out we have a + net spend of around 60m each season then. Just isn’t true that is it?

Those figures are what I got from transfer market - you can check if you want 🤷‍♂

What is the actual net spend during klopps time here and what does it average out a season? It certainly isn’t 60m. It’s more around 20 isn’t it? So we won’t be signing anybody unless players go out the door first for big money. It’s always been that way.

Again who went out the door for big money for us to sign Konate , Diaz , Nunez - the last “big money” player then went out was Coutinho

The club sell players no longer needed or who want to leave
      That’s fine and I have no problem with that. Every club should do that. But what I do have a problem with is watching the team decline while we juggle players around. We have needed a couple of midfielders for a while now and since 2019 we have signed Thiago and Arthur. That’s not good enough.

Whether it’s poor form or decline we don’t know yet. I was hoping it was just a blip but there is major concerns within our team now and it’s clear we need new players. Therefore, I think we’re currently in decline.

Last season we challenged for every single trophy going with the same players minus Mane and we have brought in Nunez - there are multiple reasons why we aren’t doing as well so far but it’s not a “decline” - that imo is overreacting after a poor start
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #962: Oct 11, 2022 01:24:02 pm

Coutinho was sold 5 years ago now ? He being sold helped bring in 2 players out of the multiple we have brought in

And who cares which teams spend more than us - well done them , I’m sure it’s some thing that they can put in their trophy cabinet

But what it shows is the simplistic view some have - spending must mean better
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #963: Oct 11, 2022 01:27:05 pm

You're pissing into the wind.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #964: Oct 11, 2022 01:32:52 pm

wasn't that an Elton John song.
      I have given up on the finances we can claim the moral funding cup but that will be all we will get whilst others splash the cash and we just cry foul. Its a big boys league and it needs big boy financing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #965: Oct 11, 2022 02:53:18 pm

Coutinho was sold 5 years ago now ? He being sold helped bring in 2 players out of the multiple we have brought in

And who cares which teams spend more than us - well done them , I’m sure it’s some thing that they can put in their trophy cabinet

But what it shows is the simplistic view some have - spending must mean better

Tomkins did an analysis probably for simpletons like you ( actually you are not that simple just a stooge).
      It showed the biggest correlation to success was how much you spent.

I suppose City, Chelsea and Utd during their most successful period were idiots for spending so much.

Quick Reply