Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      7 (11.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      3 (5.1%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (6.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.3%)
      Darwin Núñez
      22 (37.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (5.1%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Oct 13, 2022 06:30:19 pm

Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19132 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Arsenal 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #989: Oct 12, 2022 09:40:11 am
      Everyone says it's not, but it's pretty obviuos it's had a bearing on our season.

One of the lads came out last week only, can't remmeber who it was, and said the lads were shattered when Sadio left.

I know I was and still am.

The Man is a running machine and just does not get injured!!

Diaz was supposed to be a signing to give us further strength on that flank, now we are back to square 1 and although I love Luis, he's just not the finisher Sadio is/was.

The Diaz sighing was because one of Mane or Salah was leaving - ultimately it was always going to be Mane ,
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #990: Oct 12, 2022 10:02:43 am
      You cant make this up can you
      Penalty not given
      Penalty given that wasnt
      And now the first goal was offside but unable to check due to technical fault
      And people think the is no agenda against Liverpool

Just awful. If they thought it could be offside but couldn't check how can a goal be given
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #991: Oct 12, 2022 11:12:28 am
      Absolutely. It cannot be argued. Mane set the tempo and also the example that others follow. His energy was infectious. It has clearly disappeared.

Another reason is the Salah contract. There are lots of players who are now questioning the Club after being signed with a strict wage structure in place. The Salah deal has now set a precedent.

I have no problem with FSG putting the caps in place to make the Club a sustainable model, no problem at all. If anything i am for it. I want to see us win things the right way, the honest way. On one hand FSG are stabilising the Club with the investment in infrastructure but on the other hand the breaking of the wage structure now makes them fair game. I would rather FSG had stuck by their principles and let Salah go than cause all this upheaval by essentially bending the knee to Mo. As much as i love Mo he is not worth £350k a week.

The issue with this new deal is that they have violated their own terms and have now created an elitist atmosphere at the Club. Trust me on this, there are a lot of pissed off players at the Club now who will be looking for more money and will be questioning the ethics of John Henry and Co.

If you took a job on the premise that you were paid slightly less than the going rate to help sustain the business model of equity and fairness and then found out someone doing the same job was being paid more than the going rate, wouldn't you be pissed off?

Oh, i almost forgot. Who is left to deal with the fallout from this? Yes, Jürgen Klopp.

Are FSG trying to piss him off? Jürgen is going through a tough time right now and FSG are doing absolutely f**k all to help him, after all he has done for us.

Excellent post and well put.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #992: Oct 12, 2022 11:46:11 am
      Mane had an excellent career at our place, he wanted to go, so he went...but to me the manner of his exit was poor, the timing and ambiguity of his public statement was a distraction and I think it did have a (Fractional) bearing on the game in Paris. With him being gone, and us now in near collapse it's easy to equate the two, I think this exaggerates his contribution, as effective as he often was, his absence doesn't explain Virgil Van Dyke or Trent's lack of form.
      Wages: All these players in the first team squad are paid plenty enough, and they are bright enough to realise that some players rightfully earn more than others, this is true in most work places...again I think your jealousy argument is exaggerated.

One thing I fully agree on is Salah (see my last post on Salah thread)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #993: Oct 12, 2022 11:54:25 am
      Mane had an excellent career at our place, he wanted to go, so he went...but to me the manner of his exit was poor, the timing and ambiguity of his public statement was a distraction and I think it did have a (Fractional) bearing on the game in Paris. With him being gone, and us now in near collapse it's easy to equate the two, I think this exaggerates his contribution, as effective as he often was, his absence doesn't explain Virgil Van Dyke or Trent's lack of form.
      Wages: All these players in the first team squad are paid plenty enough, and they are bright enough to realise that some players rightfully earn more than others, this is true in most work places...again I think your jealousy argument is exaggerated.

One thing I fully agree on is Salah (see my last post on Salah thread)

Your jealousy argument??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #994: Oct 12, 2022 12:10:55 pm

Are FSG trying to piss him off? Jürgen is going through a tough time right now and FSG are doing absolutely F**k all to help him, after all he has done for us.

Jürgen has the fortitude and acknowledged managerial skills to absorb the negativity of our owners; but there are limits to every tolerance .

When Jürgen’s reputation and his status are in danger of being blemished by FSG's faulted priorities there is only one option for the man.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #995: Oct 12, 2022 12:51:31 pm
      The OP mentioned "pissed off players" due to finding out other players were on higher wages...Which I doubt, and even if it did exist to some extent it wouldn't cause them to question the "ethics" of the owners. I'm sure 99.9% are grateful, for how generous their deal is.
      F**k me they're not at Luton!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #996: Oct 12, 2022 12:59:43 pm
      Another reason is the Salah contract. There are lots of players who are now questioning the Club after being signed with a strict wage structure in place. The Salah deal has now set a precedent.

I have no problem with FSG putting the caps in place to make the Club a sustainable model, no problem at all. If anything i am for it. I want to see us win things the right way, the honest way. On one hand FSG are stabilising the Club with the investment in infrastructure but on the other hand the breaking of the wage structure now makes them fair game. I would rather FSG had stuck by their principles and let Salah go than cause all this upheaval by essentially bending the knee to Mo. As much as i love Mo he is not worth £350k a week.

The issue with this new deal is that they have violated their own terms and have now created an elitist atmosphere at the Club. Trust me on this, there are a lot of pissed off players at the Club now who will be looking for more money and will be questioning the ethics of John Henry and Co.

If you took a job on the premise that you were paid slightly less than the going rate to help sustain the business model of equity and fairness and then found out someone doing the same job was being paid more than the going rate, wouldn't you be pissed off?

As far as from my experience with wage structure (especially sports I follow where there are salary caps some important) when it comes to situation where a player wages disrupts the balance it tends to be new players coming in that get paid more then current players more so then you top player earning more.

For the wage structure to be broken the player would have to set a highest standard and Salah would be that player. An argument can be made about the amount of his wages but I don't think there isn't a more deserving player to get a pay hike given what he has done over the past 5 years.

Some players will view this as good thing that it give them more bargaining power to negotiate more money. They won't be getting 350k a week but if the ceiling is set that high players who well will be making more then if Salah was on 250k a week as well as if we want to keep up with the Jones of the football world as much as people love to complain about transfer fees wages play just as crucial part if not more in terms of attracting/retaining talented players.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #997: Oct 12, 2022 01:29:43 pm
      The OP mentioned "pissed off players" due to finding out other players were on higher wages...Which I doubt, and even if it did exist to some extent it wouldn't cause them to question the "ethics" of the owners. I'm sure 99.9% are grateful, for how generous their deal is.
      F**k me they're not at Luton!

Arh right, thought it was something I’d said which couldn’t work out. Opening post is normally classed as first one so don’t know who your talking about but thanks for clarifying that for me.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #998: Oct 12, 2022 01:47:38 pm
      Professional players know that there are salary differences. I doubt it affects any of them regarding their attitude towards Mo or anybody else. We might think that happens but these are top professionals and as such salary jealousy or that type of negative thinking would've been dealt with within their own mentality in the early stages of their development.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #999: Oct 13, 2022 08:21:58 pm
      Professional players know that there are salary differences. I doubt it affects any of them regarding their attitude towards Mo or anybody else. We might think that happens but these are top professionals and as such salary jealousy or that type of negative thinking would've been dealt with within their own mentality in the early stages of their development.

I don't think the majority of us have any idea what goes through their heads regarding money, I mean what's the difference between 300k and 200k a week when your earning that amount, not one of them goes back and looks at the smart meter then goes and turns a light off

Quick Reply