Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Rangers v Liverpool [UEFA CL Group A Game 4] Wed 12th October 8pm

Read 4746 times
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Re: Pre-Match: Rangers v Liverpool [UEFA CL Group A Game 4] Wed 12th October 8pm
      Reply #46: Oct 12, 2022 12:53:36 pm
      Any chance of Ramsey starting today?
      He will have played against Rangers before so know what to expect
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Pre-Match: Rangers v Liverpool [UEFA CL Group A Game 4] Wed 12th October 8pm
      Reply #47: Oct 12, 2022 12:59:16 pm

Think he is currently injured
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #48: Oct 12, 2022 01:11:37 pm

I think he's injured mate.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Oct 12, 2022 01:18:53 pm
      Joe Gomez looked good when he came on. Is he more settled at right back than in the centre. Right back defending is a bit more defined in a way and that I think helps Joe with his decision making. So with Trent on the sick and Konate back that side should be strong enough and we will hopefully see better defending than of late.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #50: Oct 12, 2022 01:26:04 pm
      Joe Gomez looked good when he came on. Is he more settled at right back than in the centre. Right back defending is a bit more defined in a way and that I think helps Joe with his decision making. So with Trent on the sick and Konate back that side should be strong enough and we will hopefully see better defending than of late.

I'm hoping a couple of weeks out will be good for trent. Will it make him a better defender? No. But hopefully he can get his head straight  and come back brighter. I think Joe will do a steady job .... which is what we need right now.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #51: Oct 12, 2022 02:20:42 pm
      Expecting a couple of goals from us in this one, I think Nunez will get another!

Come on reds, we might be out of the PL race but this is still up for grabs!

Let's go!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #52: Oct 12, 2022 02:28:56 pm
      We'll win which is great but also annoyingly it will give us false hope going into the weekend game... which I am dreading more than I have ever dreaded anything... supporting this club can be torturous in the emotions.

2-0 win tonight.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Oct 12, 2022 02:57:24 pm
      these f***in  muppet journos and experts need putting back in their box. Hamman saying Jürgen should be sacked and f***in Murphy the Talk sport lacky defending him because Jürgen snapped back. Time for Jürgen to start acting like Pep and stop engaging with the horrible fuckers they annoy the sh*t out of me.
      Any hoo 3-1 tonight.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #54: Oct 12, 2022 03:47:37 pm
      Anyway back to the job in hand..is 'e gunner throw the numbers in the air and come down with some 4-2-3-1 stuff again..
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #55: Oct 12, 2022 03:59:40 pm
      Anyway back to the job in hand..is 'e gunner throw the numbers in the air and come down with some 4-2-3-1 stuff again..

One thing is clear -- we need to pick a formation and tactical setup and stick to it.  If 4-2-3-1 is the intended plan to move forward (and I think it likely is), then he needs to pick the players we have available based on the long-term plan.  With that said, I think there are a couple of options here. 

1.  Fabio comes in for Diaz and plays on the left with Jota as the #10
      2.  Same as above, but Fabio plays the #10 and Jota pushes to LW/LF
      3.  Harvey comes in for Diaz and plays the #10 with Jota shifting to LW/LF (I'm betting on this one)

At the back, it has to be Gomez for Trent. 

Ali
      Gomez - Matip - VVD - Tsimi
      Fab - Thiago
      Mo - Harvey - Jota
      Nunez
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: Oct 12, 2022 04:12:44 pm
      Expecting a couple of goals from us in this one, I think Nunez will get another!

Come on reds, we might be out of the PL race but this is still up for grabs!

Let's go!

Nunez will get 3 in a 3-1 win..
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #57: Oct 12, 2022 04:18:51 pm
      One thing is clear -- we need to pick a formation and tactical setup and stick to it.  If 4-2-3-1 is the intended plan to move forward (and I think it likely is), then he needs to pick the players we have available based on the long-term plan.  With that said, I think there are a couple of options here. 

1.  Fabio comes in for Diaz and plays on the left with Jota as the #10
      2.  Same as above, but Fabio plays the #10 and Jota pushes to LW/LF
      3.  Harvey comes in for Diaz and plays the #10 with Jota shifting to LW/LF (I'm betting on this one)

At the back, it has to be Gomez for Trent. 

Ali
      Gomez - Matip - VVD - Tsimi
      Fab - Thiago
      Mo - Harvey - Jota
      Nunez

Matip injured mate. I'm not a fan of the 4231.

Rather a 4-2-1-3 with thiago slightly advanced of fab/hendo or a 433. Nunez or Bob between salah and Jota.

I guess we will see tonight eh 😀
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #58: Oct 12, 2022 04:49:08 pm
      these f***in  muppet journos and experts need putting back in their box. Hamman saying Jürgen should be sacked and f***in Murphy the Talk sport lacky defending him because Jürgen snapped back. Time for Jürgen to start acting like Pep and stop engaging with the horrible fuckers they annoy the sh*t out of me.
      Any hoo 3-1 tonight.

Just watched it now, f*cking embarrassing the way they ask questions, parroting quotes from Hamann and the like. A bit of respect wouldn't go amiss.

These are the times that try men's souls. The boss deserves our fullest support.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #59: Oct 12, 2022 04:50:03 pm
      can you name a ref you would be comfortable with because I can't they are just not up to the job

I'm available!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #60: Oct 12, 2022 05:06:11 pm
      Matip injured mate. I'm not a fan of the 4231.

F**k, I forgot about that.  When it rains it pours....

Rather a 4-2-1-3 with thiago slightly advanced of fab/hendo or a 433. Nunez or Bob between salah and Jota.

Good call on Bobby -- I honestly forgot about him at the time of writing my post.  Would like to see him slot in as the #10 with Jota and Mo on the wings. 

I guess we will see tonight eh 😀

I presume you are correct...  :lmao:
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #61: Oct 12, 2022 05:13:17 pm
      Just watched it now, f*cking embarrassing the way they ask questions, parroting quotes from Hamann and the like. A bit of respect wouldn't go amiss.

These are the times that try men's souls. The boss deserves our fullest support.

It's a joke mate. Cringeworthy to be honest. F*cking sly journo. I'm glad he fired back and put him in his place. Was it that bell vinny O'connor?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #62: Oct 12, 2022 05:50:20 pm
      Napoli 1 up
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #63: Oct 12, 2022 06:01:55 pm
      2 up wich is better for us
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #64: Oct 12, 2022 06:05:04 pm
      Peach of a second goal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #65: Oct 12, 2022 06:06:37 pm
      Napoli are us in 2018
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #66: Oct 12, 2022 06:07:48 pm
      Don't want us needing something against napoli in that last match. Need to get the job pretty much done tonight
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #67: Oct 12, 2022 06:12:37 pm
      Don't want us needing something against napoli in that last match. Need to get the job pretty much done tonight

Too right hate to have to get a result against Napoli to progress
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #68: Oct 12, 2022 06:30:38 pm
      Maybe if we all don't watch the first 5 minutes, we won't concede?  :D :(

I've seen some of the predicted teams and I've got to say I think your idea might be the best... ;)

Quick Reply