Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Rangers?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (2.5%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      5 (6.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.2%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      57 (70.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Oct 16, 2022 09:51:40 pm

Glasgow Rangers 1-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12118 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Glasgow Rangers 1-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Oct 12, 2022 10:08:46 pm
      Wonder if BT will show footage of McCoist and Ferdy when all those second hand goals went in like they did at HT for the Rangers goal

nah he has gone all quiet now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #415: Oct 12, 2022 10:09:21 pm
      Now that was more like it. What a performance. Rangers are a pub team leats be honest but that’ll do loads for our confidence, we desperately needed a performance and a result like that.

The balance was much better tonight. The midfield was in control of the game. Henderson was decent but Fabinho looked back to his best and it made a huge difference.

Elliott playing on the right made us better too. His feet are so good and i think he showed tonight that’s his natural position. Very, very good.

The two centre halves were solid as well. Gomez made a couple of mistakes giving the ball away cheaply but he also looked very good at full back and we were a lot more solid down that side.

I’d have liked carvalho to have got a bit more involved even though at times he looked very tidy. It was another clumsy performance from Nunez but I’m buzzing he got another goal. It’s only going to bring confidence and give him a much needed lift.

Salah coming off the bench and scoring the fastest ever CL hat trick, proving what I said in the post match Arsenal thread. Salah returning to form was never ever going to be a worry or concern, he’s world class. Some reds should be embarrassed at some of their comments over him in recent times.

The only concern was conceding another soft goal and going behind first, again. It’s a problem. But the boys responded well.

Special mention to Bobby who was unplayable. He’s on fire and has to be the first name on the team sheet for city.

Get the F**k in. Bring on them manc cu*ts.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Re: Live: Rangers v Liverpool
      Reply #416: Oct 12, 2022 10:09:23 pm
      I didn’t mate, I’m in a sports pub in Farringdon and the whole place was gutted when we got our second - except me of course who was giving it large

Yeah you were really down after the Arsenal game but bear in mind were you live bound to get some stick from the locals..good on yer mush..
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #417: Oct 12, 2022 10:09:24 pm
      Wonder if BT will show footage of McCoist and Ferdy when all those second hand goals went in like they did at HT for the Rangers goal

No issue with McCoist at all . Just that w**ker despise him
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #418: Oct 12, 2022 10:10:05 pm

Don’t mind McCoist celebrating- it’s his team but jar jar - just a tw*t
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #419: Oct 12, 2022 10:10:24 pm
      At least the lads go into the city game with a bit more confidence now.

That what we said when we beat them 2-0 last week and the same when we won 9-0 but with some players back now you never know
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #420: Oct 12, 2022 10:11:00 pm
      Great seeing a refreshed Robbo back.

its his energy mate its infectious apart from his quality its his drive just love the kid
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #421: Oct 12, 2022 10:13:21 pm
      had to go for Bobby MOTM he is just in a class of his own.
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #422: Oct 12, 2022 10:13:48 pm
      Better not throw the Arsenal thread at anybody but the negativity was OTT. Again no need to go mad, Rangers in this company are poor so we have to wait till City have been nailed to judge were we really are.
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #423: Oct 12, 2022 10:14:34 pm
      No issue with McCoist at all . Just that w**ker despise him

Pretty sure they won't. McCoist is sound. No issues with him either. When I was a kid idolisong all our great strikers I actually loved watching him as well. So much so i got a Rangers shirt ... must have been around 10/11
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #424: Oct 12, 2022 10:15:28 pm
      Shows get Salah the ball in the right areas and he will score.

Up to Klopp and coaching team to move Salah from stuck out on the wing to a more central position where he dies his magic.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #425: Oct 12, 2022 10:15:52 pm
      That what we said when we beat them 2-0 last week and the same when we won 9-0 but with some players back now you never know

F**k me you live in a dark place that was a great performance especially second half I dont care who Rangers are Mo scored a hatrick a very good Hatrick Bobby was imperious Gomez looked solid and got an assist Darwin scored and young Harvey got his first CL goal just enjoy tonight and Sunday will take care of itself
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,979 posts | 666 
      Reply #426: Oct 12, 2022 10:16:27 pm
      Don’t mind McCoist celebrating- it’s his team but jar jar - just a tw*t
      Easy.... He's a decent sort IMO
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #427: Oct 12, 2022 10:18:40 pm
      Good second half performance - midfield got on the ball a bit more and the youngsters settled into the game nicely. The Nunez goal completely killed them off and the rest was a procession.

Will be interesting to see where we go from here - only a few weeks ago we stuck 9 past a team and now they sit above us in the league. We need to use tonight and build on it with a more solid performance on Sunday. We might not win that one but we need to show we're going the right way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #428: Oct 12, 2022 10:19:20 pm
      Good second half performance - midfield got on the ball a bit more and the youngsters settled into the game nicely. The Nunez goal completely killed them off and the rest was a procession.

Will be interesting to see where we go from here - only a few weeks ago we stuck 9 past a team and now they sit above us in the league. We need to use tonight and build on it with a more solid performance on Sunday. We might not win that one but we need to show we're going the right way.

we will win on sunday.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #429: Oct 12, 2022 10:22:45 pm
      Not emotionally ready for Bobby to leave
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #430: Oct 12, 2022 10:24:27 pm
      can you imagine the shitstorm if that had been a draw or a narrow win so we should enjoy watching a great liverpool European performance steady the game silence the crowd then take the game to them we have been doing that for over 50 years.
      Virgil looked uneasy with his interview these lads know who has been slagging them off so good for him just hope Jürgen does the same
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #431: Oct 12, 2022 10:25:00 pm
      Not emotionally ready for Bobby to leave

who said he is leaving Jürgen knows his true value
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #432: Oct 12, 2022 10:31:00 pm
      just enjoyed tonight and Sunday will take care of itself but put this team out again with 50,000 positive supporters behind them and they will perform.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #433: Oct 12, 2022 10:39:02 pm
      First off Get the fuckkkkkk innnnnn. Been a while since I have been able to do that.

Wow a Magnificent 7, yes I know it was against Rangers, but F**k did we need that!

Finally got a smile back on my face.

Ripper perfromances from everyone out there but loved the fresh, energetic buzz Elliott and Carvalho both gave us. That was their best games for us so far and we have so many wonderful years of that to look forward too. They're only getting started!!!!

Get innnnnn u F***ing Beauties!!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #434: Oct 12, 2022 10:42:35 pm
      Now that was more like it. What a performance. Rangers are a pub team leats be honest but that’ll do loads for our confidence, we desperately needed a performance and a result like that.

The balance was much better tonight. The midfield was in control of the game. Henderson was decent but Fabinho looked back to his best and it made a huge difference.

Elliott playing on the right made us better too. His feet are so good and i think he showed tonight that’s his natural position. Very, very good.

The two centre halves were solid as well. Gomez made a couple of mistakes giving the ball away cheaply but he also looked very good at full back and we were a lot more solid down that side.

I’d have liked carvalho to have got a bit more involved even though at times he looked very tidy. It was another clumsy performance from Nunez but I’m buzzing he got another goal. It’s only going to bring confidence and give him a much needed lift.

Salah coming off the bench and scoring the fastest ever CL hat trick, proving what I said in the post match Arsenal thread. Salah returning to form was never ever going to be a worry or concern, he’s world class. Some reds should be embarrassed at some of their comments over him in recent times.

The only concern was conceding another soft goal and going behind first, again. It’s a problem. But the boys responded well.

Special mention to Bobby who was unplayable. He’s on fire and has to be the first name on the team sheet for city.

Get the f**k in. Bring on them manc cu*ts.

These "manc c*nts...they wouldn't be the same ones you said.."City are going to put 5 past us"...if you're going to throw the towel in show a modicum of humility when you step into the ring to pick it up again..
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #435: Oct 12, 2022 10:42:51 pm
      Thought Joe Gomez and Ibbo Konate made a huge difference to us in terms of strength and feeling safe ! All of the players fantastic tonight ,big shout out to young Harvey too ,never stopped running !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #436: Oct 12, 2022 10:49:01 pm
      who said he is leaving Jürgen knows his true value

Out of contract next summer

Quick Reply