Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Rangers?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      3 (3.7%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      2 (2.5%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      5 (6.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      1 (1.2%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      57 (70.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      11 (13.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Oct 16, 2022 09:51:40 pm

Glasgow Rangers 1-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 12090 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Glasgow Rangers 1-7 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Oct 13, 2022 10:31:17 am
      Start supporting us again? I’d bet my right bollock I’ve been to more games than you’ve even watched mate.

Not really difficult to understand is it. We were a shambles against Arsenal and it gave me no confidence going into this Sunday. However, last night klopp made a couple of changes and we looked far better…even if it was just rangers. So now I’m a little more confident.

So yes. You are a weirdo.

No I'm not a "weirdo". What you should've said is "Yes I was gutted after the Arsenal game and I went OTT. Just me showing my disappointment etc"...instead you put up silly remarks about how many games you've been to etc.

My issue with you and others is you slag off the team and the players but once they start putting in good performances you turn round and praise them. Your not consistent with your support.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #461: Oct 13, 2022 10:38:32 am
      Pub team or no pub team, Rangers where made to look like cardboard cut outs in the second half. The Reds simply ran riot, after the break, even their keeper could not save them from being torn apart !
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #462: Oct 13, 2022 10:38:37 am
      No I'm not a "weirdo". What you should've said is "Yes I was gutted after the Arsenal game and I went OTT. Just me showing my disappointment etc"...instead you put up silly remarks about how many games you've been to etc.

My issue with you and others is you slag off the team and the players but once they start putting in good performances you turn round and praise them. Your not consistent with your support.

I didn’t go over the top. I gave my opinion. I thought the Arsenal performance was poor. We had cracks all over the pitch, particularly defensively. And we’ve seen it several times this season. Had we picked the same team and same tactics against city then I stand by they would put 5 past us.

Last night we made a couple of changes and we looked much better and much more balanced. I’m not getting carried away because as I keep saying it was rangers. City are a different animal. But that performance and that result will give us a much needed confidence boost for everybody involved. Klopp, the players, the fans.

I’m not consistent with my support? I go to anfield every week. If we’re sh*t then I’ll say so. If we’re boss then I’ll say so. If you get upset at peoples opinions maybe a forum isn’t for you.

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #463: Oct 13, 2022 10:45:44 am
      I didn’t go over the top. I gave my opinion. I thought the Arsenal performance was poor. We had cracks all over the pitch, particularly defensively. And we’ve seen it several times this season. Had we picked the same team and same tactics against city then I stand by they would put 5 past us.

Last night we made a couple of changes and we looked much better and much more balanced. I’m not getting carried away because as I keep saying it was rangers. City are a different animal. But that performance and that result will give us a much needed confidence boost for everybody involved. Klopp, the players, the fans.

I’m not consistent with my support? I go to anfield every week. If we’re sh*t then I’ll say so. If we’re boss then I’ll say so. If you get upset at peoples opinions maybe a forum isn’t for you.

Well I'm not upset. That was a reasonable post so I'll let it go. Just for the record I used to walk the 8 mile round trip in my pumps as a 10 year old..'60. So having to read posters after a difficult game predict a 0-5 scoreline for a game against the Manc pretenders is a bit annoying.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #464: Oct 13, 2022 10:50:28 am
      Well I'm not upset. That was a reasonable post so I'll let it go. Just for the record I used to walk the 8 mile round trip in my pumps as a 10 year old..'60. So having to read posters after a difficult game predict a 0-5 scoreline for a game against the Manc pretenders is a bit annoying.

City are currently the best team in the world with two of the best players in the world. If we perform anything like we have for the majority of this season then im sorry to tell you but it’ll be a cricket score.

If we get a grip and perform to anything near to what we did last night then it’ll be a much closer contest and we can obviously beat them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #465: Oct 13, 2022 10:58:30 am
      Start supporting us again? I’d bet my right bollock I’ve been to more games than you’ve even watched mate.

Not really difficult to understand is it. We were a shambles against Arsenal and it gave me no confidence going into this Sunday. However, last night klopp made a couple of changes and we looked far better…even if it was just rangers. So now I’m a little more confident.

So yes. You are a weirdo.

I don’t think shambles is the right word - we weren’t great but that first half we were on top for most of it - and despite being not great we lost on the basis of some shocking VAR calls

We have created high standards over the last couple years - and when we drop we overreact a little
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #466: Oct 13, 2022 11:47:32 am

I don’t think shambles is the right word - we weren’t great but that first half we were on top for most of it - and despite being not great we lost on the basis of some shocking VAR calls

We have created high standards over the last couple years - and when we drop we overreact a little

The focus has been on the Jesus penalty, which was never a penalty, but Arsenal were by far the better team and deserved their win. I don’t think that can be disputed.

I never felt we were on top at any point in the game. On top for me means in complete control in and out of possession or creating chance after chance. We didn’t do that. We just weathered the storm and then started to settle into the game more. Doesn’t mean we were on top or played well.

I agree. Our standards are incredibly high now. So when we’re performing like a Brendan Rodgers Liverpool team and all of a sudden we’re really easy to play against then it’s concerning.

Last night was a big improvement though. The changes were made that funnily enough, I was crying out for. Gomez at full back, Fabinho back in the middle instead of the Henderson Thiago partnership, and Elliott out wide. It was much, much better.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #467: Oct 13, 2022 12:07:32 pm

It's completely normal, (in fact near enough impossible) as a supporter to not slag the team off when they put in a bad performance...In much the same way as it's normal to praise them when they put in a good performance. This idea that being critical (slagging off if you prefer) is some kind of heresy is nonsense....There can be no consistency of support without consistency of performance... You can't expect fans to praise the team when they play like sh*t...We support the Club and moaning is just another term for articulating frustration.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #468: Oct 13, 2022 12:08:20 pm
      Only just managed to watch the game...
      I kept up to date with the scores with the in game thread so knew the score before I watched it...

Personally I thought until we scored our second we were below par. And only after we scored our third did we really begin to purr.

It’s clear though that salah is better up top. It gives more balance than when he’s out on the wing.

Problem is we have a lot of number 9s and no real width, escpecially with Diaz injured.

Thought Gomez looked good in parts but, again, for a lot of the first half he looked shaky.

All in all though it was a fantastic result and for once the substitutions made a positive difference.

I thought bobby was fantastic as well. When he’s on form he is pure class.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #469: Oct 13, 2022 12:12:31 pm
      Brilliant result, superb 2nd half.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #470: Oct 13, 2022 12:14:20 pm
      Big plus was obviously Mr.Mo and his quick fire hat trick. Bit subdued with his celebration but yes it was Rangers but these  touch players are so finely balanced mentally and well as physically it doesn't take much to dent their confidence. We need Mr.Mo more than ever so this could be a new dawn.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #471: Oct 13, 2022 12:24:32 pm
      It's completely normal, (in fact near enough impossible) as a supporter to not slag the team off when they put in a bad performance...In much the same way as it's normal to praise them when they put in a good performance. This idea that being critical (slagging off if you prefer) is some kind of heresy is nonsense....There can be no consistency of support without consistency of performance... You can't expect fans to praise the team when they play like sh*t...We support the Club and moaning is just another term for articulating frustration.

Lot of sense in your post but it was the towel went in IMO. So yes some fans wear their hearts on their sleeves and when it does go wrong they go OTT. Can understand that but I just felt HTM went over the top and some..it was Nunez can't trap a dead rat..Diaz one trick pony...City will thrash us...OTT and that's why I called him out. Don77 was another. Yes bad defeats hit some worse than others. I've been there more than once over the years.

His replies were very ordinary.."weirdo".." are you from Manchester". So I had a pop back. I know his support is permanent as is mine. Said my bit, he's OK, I'm OK. We move on to face City.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #472: Oct 13, 2022 12:56:27 pm
      give him a break he gets emotional during games spends most of it hiding behind the sofa.

I see you point,  ;D probably spends a lot of time in the knee jerk thread  ;D Salah didn’t seem that happy when he scored. His hatrick should give him that kick up the arse he needed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #473: Oct 13, 2022 03:25:30 pm
      I see you point,  ;D probably spends a lot of time in the knee jerk thread  ;D Salah didn’t seem that happy when he scored. His hatrick should give him that kick up the arse he needed.

he is frustrated with himself its not the goals it was the way he struck the ball just like old Mo such a sweet striker of the ball. Just watch him at the end he was more than happy especially when young Harvey scored
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #474: Oct 13, 2022 04:37:48 pm
      Hope after scoring a stunning hattrick against Rangers last night. Mo is able to kick start his season in the PL starting on Sunday against City. Obviously a different class of opposition than a Rangers team falling apart in the last half hour, of an eventful second half, with the Reds finding some kind of form against albeit a ragged Rangers outfit !
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #475: Oct 13, 2022 05:31:05 pm
      The focus has been on the Jesus penalty, which was never a penalty, but Arsenal were by far the better team and deserved their win. I don’t think that can be disputed.

I never felt we were on top at any point in the game. On top for me means in complete control in and out of possession or creating chance after chance. We didn’t do that. We just weathered the storm and then started to settle into the game more. Doesn’t mean we were on top or played well.

I agree. Our standards are incredibly high now. So when we’re performing like a Brendan Rodgers Liverpool team and all of a sudden we’re really easy to play against then it’s concerning.

Last night was a big improvement though. The changes were made that funnily enough, I was crying out for. Gomez at full back, Fabinho back in the middle instead of the Henderson Thiago partnership, and Elliott out wide. It was much, much better.

Think you need to take into context we played one of the best teams ( on form) and got beat by some debatable decisions and times poor play . Last night was against a completely inferior team Scott Arfield ? Ben Davies an 18 Yr old CB .
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #476: Oct 13, 2022 06:08:17 pm
      Think you need to take into context we played one of the best teams ( on form) and got beat by some debatable decisions and times poor play . Last night was against a completely inferior team Scott Arfield ? Ben Davies an 18 Yr old CB .

Said several times rangers are a pub team. We can only beat what’s in front of us though and the performance was still unbelievable. I doubt many teams would have put seven past them last night. Apart from conceding a stupid soft goal and going behind early on again, it was a perfect performance.

Arsenal? Don’t get sucked into the media hype. They’ve got off to a good start but man to man we are much stronger, more experienced and have a far better manager. They won’t be anywhere near the title come May. The Jesus penalty is a cop out, they outplayed us and deserved to win. We weren’t anywhere near our best and it was a poor performance by our standards.

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #477: Oct 13, 2022 06:29:41 pm
      Said several times rangers are a pub team. We can only beat what’s in front of us though and the performance was still unbelievable. I doubt many teams would have put seven past them last night. Apart from conceding a stupid soft goal and going behind early on again, it was a perfect performance.

Arsenal? Don’t get sucked into the media hype. They’ve got off to a good start but man to man we are much stronger, more experienced and have a far better manager. They won’t be anywhere near the title come May. The Jesus penalty is a cop out, they outplayed us and deserved to win. We weren’t anywhere near our best and it was a poor performance by our standards.

Media hype?At said at the start after first game my thoughts on Arsenal and being proved right. Haven't said they would be anywhere near the title but can't be denied they are hungry and have some great young players
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #478: Oct 13, 2022 06:34:16 pm

Not just the Jesus penalty , was also the penalty for handball that we should have had along with the potential issues with the first for offside -think the possession stats were in our favour and at half time so where the shots and shots on target.

We weren’t great and they have been on top form but needed dodgy ref calls to beat us so I still think the reaction to the defeat was a touch overreacting
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #479: Oct 13, 2022 06:51:34 pm

What should of been said is no wonder Klopp wouldn't play Ben Davies !! :laugh:
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #480: Oct 13, 2022 07:10:16 pm

Thought we should've had a peno and they got a soft one - but overall they were the better side, more comfortable at the back, pacier and with better link up up front.
      Obviously we can improve, and on form we beat them, but don't think too many would argue with 3 pts for Arse on that particular day.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #481: Oct 13, 2022 07:11:02 pm
      No issue with McCoist at all . Just that w**ker despise him

Yep, McCoist played and managed Rangers but that Camel faced Cnut hates us, it’s not the first time that Knut has gave us the ‘Hump’ celebrating goals against us, aren’t pundits supposed to be impartial anyways??
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #482: Oct 13, 2022 07:40:08 pm
      Lot of sense in your post but it was the towel went in IMO. So yes some fans wear their hearts on their sleeves and when it does go wrong they go OTT. Can understand that but I just felt HTM went over the top and some..it was Nunez can't trap a dead rat..Diaz one trick pony...City will thrash us...OTT and that's why I called him out. Don77 was another. Yes bad defeats hit some worse than others. I've been there more than once over the years.

His replies were very ordinary.."weirdo".." are you from Manchester". So I had a pop back. I know his support is permanent as is mine. Said my bit, he's OK, I'm OK. We move on to face City.
      Fair point

Quick Reply