Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Result prediction.

Liverpool win.
      18 (45%)
      Draw.
      10 (25%)
      Man City win.
      12 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: Oct 17, 2022 01:20:40 pm

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Man. City: EPL (Sun 16th Oct. 2022 KO 16:30)

Read 7952 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Man. City: EPL (Sun 16th Oct. 2022 KO 16:30)
      Reply #46: Oct 15, 2022 04:46:38 pm
      Is it the players we sign or our training methods that cause these injuries?

Every year it seems to be the exact same.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #47: Oct 15, 2022 04:53:00 pm
      I would prefer Gomez right back and Philips centre half

Need pace and movement in the middle against City - Phillips would be good against a team throwing in crosses etc but their movement would rip Phillips apart

Milner has been solid at at right back - could even move Kostas across
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #48: Oct 15, 2022 04:55:23 pm
      Milly at FB would be a disaster on his current form. People poo poo Philips, but when he slotted into the PL that season, and played a run of games, he rarely let us down. I'd have him CB and keep Gomez at FB if Konate out  - but I still expect Konate to start, if it's minor issue, really need him to start.
      Nunez's general play is just not up to it right now, so bench for him. Kids too.

Ally
      Gomez Konate VVD Kostas
         Thiago Fab Hendo
        Salah Firmino Jota

Quite a few players did well at Rangers but think Jürgen will start the tried and trusted for this one.

Maybe this is just the game we need to kick start the season. We're underdogs, everyone expects Citeh to win, even though it's at Anfield. Mo looked suitably pissed off being benched - hopefully he carries that pissed-of-edness into this one - if he does, and can nick one, or even two, would give the team, the manager, the stadium, a MASSIVE lift and it would be bloody well game on then. Small things can make a big difference, can switch a team from playing with little confidence, to a lot more.

Haaland has so many strengths, I don't think you can just say, be physical with him, win the challenges - because he makes really short quick runs in the box, his movement is so good, it's very hard to stop him, and he's not just good in the box, he can play on the shoulder and run onto through balls and score. VVD and Konate [hopefully] have a big job ahead. 

Have good memories of excellent, tight, entertaining games against them, really looking forward to it :)
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #49: Oct 15, 2022 05:08:09 pm
      You have to go with who is next best CB which would be Gomez probably . Milner at RB
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 916 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #50: Oct 15, 2022 05:11:05 pm
      Never rains but…. What do we do in defence tomorrow, Virgil is slow who starts with  him. Gomez in the  middle but then who plays right back because I don’t want to see Milner there
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #51: Oct 15, 2022 05:50:28 pm
      Milly at FB would be a disaster on his current form. People poo poo Philips, but when he slotted into the PL that season, and played a run of games, he rarely let us down. I'd have him CB and keep Gomez at FB if Konate out  - but I still expect Konate to start, if it's minor issue, really need him to start.
      Nunez's general play is just not up to it right now, so bench for him. Kids too.

Ally
      Gomez Konate VVD Kostas
         Thiago Fab Hendo
        Salah Firmino Jota

Quite a few players did well at Rangers but think Jürgen will start the tried and trusted for this one.

Maybe this is just the game we need to kick start the season. We're underdogs, everyone expects Citeh to win, even though it's at Anfield. Mo looked suitably pissed off being benched - hopefully he carries that pissed-of-edness into this one - if he does, and can nick one, or even two, would give the team, the manager, the stadium, a MASSIVE lift and it would be bloody well game on then. Small things can make a big difference, can switch a team from playing with little confidence, to a lot more.

Haaland has so many strengths, I don't think you can just say, be physical with him, win the challenges - because he makes really short quick runs in the box, his movement is so good, it's very hard to stop him, and he's not just good in the box, he can play on the shoulder and run onto through balls and score. VVD and Konate [hopefully] have a big job ahead. 

Have good memories of excellent, tight, entertaining games against them, really looking forward to it :)

No way Robbo isn't starting this game
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Oct 15, 2022 05:51:44 pm
      Never rains but…. What do we do in defence tomorrow, Virgil is slow who starts with  him. Gomez in the  middle but then who plays right back because I don’t want to see Milner there

anyone putting Milner on a pitch against City really need to give their head a wobble. Cant believe 8 so called Liverpool supporters would ever think we would lose at Home to City. It appears the modern day "Fan" isnt a student of the history of this club and what it stands for and it isnt giving up before a f***in ball has been kicked
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #53: Oct 15, 2022 05:54:24 pm
      Is it the players we sign or our training methods that cause these injuries?

Every year it seems to be the exact same.

there must be something in the day to day life at Kirkby in either training or recovery that is causing a problem or did the team bus run over a black cat
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #54: Oct 15, 2022 06:07:36 pm
      Quote from waltonl4 link=topic=53244.msg250700

5#msg2507005 date=1665852704
      anyone putting Milner on a pitch against City really need to give their head a wobble. Cant believe 8 so called Liverpool supporters would ever think we would lose at Home to City. It appears the modern day "Fan" isnt a student of the history of this club and what it stands for and it isnt giving up before a f***in ball has been kicked

Why do they need to give their head a wobble. Its about opinions and best fit with the limitations we have
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #55: Oct 15, 2022 06:07:49 pm

Other then playing Tsimikas at RB we are going to see Milner tomorrow unfortunately.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #56: Oct 15, 2022 06:19:48 pm

You just know Pep will export Milners position if he plays.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #57: Oct 15, 2022 06:25:14 pm
      there must be something in the day to day life at Kirkby in either training or recovery that is causing a problem or did the team bus run over a black cat

Interesting Walt. I remember reading a while back ( allegedly) over 20 players were on asthma related medication due to being asthmatic. I know chances are it’s the usual bullsh!t media. Did you heard anything about it at the time and could this have any effect on how their performing?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,923 posts | 3400 
      Reply #58: Oct 15, 2022 06:28:45 pm
      Interesting Walt. I remember reading a while back ( allegedly) over 20 players were on asthma related medication due to being asthmatic. I know chances are it’s the usual bullsh!t media. Did you heard anything about it at the time and could this have any effect on how their performing?

It is bullshit
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #59: Oct 15, 2022 06:30:45 pm
      ;D I can’t believe I just read posts that suggested Phillips and/or Milner could in the back four. If either plays there we are well and truly fu**ed! Gutted to hear Konate may be out, his pace and physicality is exactly what we need right now and more so with Dolf Lungren tomorrow. If it came to an emergency CB it would be Fabinho all day for me. He’s been poor in midfield so it would not leave the same gaping hole as a few years ago
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #60: Oct 15, 2022 06:40:04 pm
      I have a feeling konate will make it and we’ll see Joe at right back.
      Only a few games back Tiago didn’t train, snd Hendo I think. Maybe someone else, but on match day, all present snd correct  🤷‍♂️
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Oct 15, 2022 06:41:24 pm
      ;D I can’t believe I just read posts that suggested Phillips and/or Milner could in the back four. If either plays there we are well and truly fu**ed! Gutted to hear Konate may be out, his pace and physicality is exactly what we need right now and more so with Dolf Lungren tomorrow. If it came to an emergency CB it would be Fabinho all day for me. He’s been poor in midfield so it would not leave the same gaping hole as a few years ago

We tried lots of options in 20/21 when we had the CB injury disasters, including Fab at CB - but was only when Philips got a run of games we started to get results and nick a CL place. Plus meant Fab/Hendo could play in the middle and the team had better balance. What a mess that was.

In fairness though if Konate is out, and Matips unavail, we're just deciding between least worst options.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #62: Oct 15, 2022 06:57:38 pm

Doesn’t surprise me Pj. Social media doing what they do best.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #63: Oct 15, 2022 06:58:27 pm

Emergency CB ? We have two who play there by trade ffs.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #64: Oct 15, 2022 06:59:04 pm

Like he wouldn't have if Trent played
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Oct 15, 2022 07:45:57 pm
      Like he wouldn't have if Trent played

Point taken but would still have Trent over him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #66: Oct 15, 2022 07:51:32 pm
      Based on the season's form thus far for both, if we are to win it will need to be something like 3-2 or 4-3, just a shootout.

Could happen though.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #67: Oct 15, 2022 07:57:51 pm
      Point taken but would still have Trent over him.

So would I Keith but he ain't available
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #68: Oct 15, 2022 09:17:38 pm

salbutamol was the drug of choice for Cyclists as it helped open airways and prescribed for Asthma ok for going up mountains not sure about football though.
      If I see Milner on the team sheet at RB I will walk the Dog for a couple of hours I coldnt bare to see Foden destroy the old man again

Quick Reply