Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Alisson Becker
      8 (7.8%)
      James Milner
      11 (10.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      40 (38.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      4 (3.9%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (3.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      30 (29.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Oct 20, 2022 06:27:20 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14267 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Oct 17, 2022 03:26:32 pm
      So many Motm, I gave it to Alisson.

Salah, Jota, Milner, Gomez and VVD also deserve it.

We need a good momentum, hopefully we turned a corner!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #645: Oct 17, 2022 03:57:06 pm
      Is that two wins out of two now against these lot this season? A 100% record.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #646: Oct 17, 2022 04:56:29 pm
      Is that two wins out of two now against these lot this season? A 100% record.

and the 2 games Haaland has not scored or created a chance
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #647: Oct 17, 2022 05:03:39 pm
      Thought Elliot had a great game bursting forwards and helping Millie but the were so many good performances, keep it up at West Ham
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #648: Oct 17, 2022 05:13:12 pm
      Thought Elliot had a great game bursting forwards and helping Millie but the were so many good performances, keep it up at West Ham
      Game's at Anfield, not at The London Stadium
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #649: Oct 17, 2022 05:15:50 pm
      I was critical of Milner pre match but am happy to eat as much humble pie as needed because he was superb. But some keep on at Joe as if it was his fault he got a almost career ending injury that even Keown said takes two years to get over and he has been injured since then.
      I remember just how good he was alongside Virgil before that so know how good he can be and its f***in excellent news for Jürgen he is showing signs of constant improvement in fitness and form we need him.

At his age now then Milner shouldn’t be starting games for us in our midfield but he has been unfairly criticised this season. The whole team have been poor yet Milner has been the scapegoat.

Games like yesterday where we desperately need somebody to come in and do a job then he’s still the man for the occasion. I can’t remember a time where that’s happened and he’s let us down.

What a player. I’ll miss him when he goes.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #650: Oct 17, 2022 06:45:35 pm
      I have to agree with Neville in that us playing the underdog suited us. The team and crowd were 100% together.
      It was a superb performance and i love that they hate coming to us, but we need to beat west ham or it will be just labelled as our cup final
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #651: Oct 17, 2022 07:19:40 pm
      At his age now then Milner shouldn’t be starting games for us in our midfield but he has been unfairly criticised this season. The whole team have been poor yet Milner has been the scapegoat.

Games like yesterday where we desperately need somebody to come in and do a job then he’s still the man for the occasion. I can’t remember a time where that’s happened and he’s let us down.

What a player. I’ll miss him when he goes.

it was the game last season when he played and Foden tortured him and he was lucky not to get a red card. But he was really patient yesterday and he didnt do a lunge well he did once but fortunately didnt make contact. He never gives anything less than 100% and his penalties have been such a bonus for us and won games on quite a few occasions cant believe he has been here so long
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #652: Oct 17, 2022 07:41:20 pm
      I have to agree with Neville in that us playing the underdog suited us. The team and crowd were 100% together.
      It was a superb performance and i love that they hate coming to us, but we need to beat west ham or it will be just labelled as our cup final

You/he may be on to something in that, as the game went on, the crowd stayed totally fervent and behind the Reds. Some games, if a.certain amount of time passes and we havent scored you can hear the grumbling, but I never heard that Sunday even though it took a while to break through..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #653: Oct 17, 2022 07:52:25 pm
      anyone found these Coin throwers, yet I have looked and still cant find any evidence and the Police have said they had no reports of damage to the Coach.
      SOme of the stuff coming out of the Emptihad is embarrassing bordering on insane. The "experts" still dont seem to understand how VAR works and that a foul is a punishable act
      The bias toward that Saint of a Man Pep is sickening and Jürgen needs to stop being open and cooperative in the press they only turn on him when it suits them
      Still buzzing about the win about some cracking performance but more than anything how its really upset the media and City along with their money-making Sheikhs
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #654: Oct 17, 2022 08:27:38 pm
      and the 2 games Haaland has not scored or created a chance

Also lunged his 6'3' nearly 14 stone frame at Ali when the keeper was on the ground markes him out as a thug. Vast majority of players pull out in that situation..(never seen Mo do that)..to give the keeper some protection.

Taylor didn't call it because he clearly wanted to see their 'goal' stand. Taylor should've been picked up on over that, as I said earlier it was irresponsible refereeing by Taylor.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2022 10:55:16 am by Harrisimo »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #655: Oct 17, 2022 09:14:13 pm
      it was the game last season when he played and Foden tortured him and he was lucky not to get a red card. But he was really patient yesterday and he didnt do a lunge well he did once but fortunately didnt make contact. He never gives anything less than 100% and his penalties have been such a bonus for us and won games on quite a few occasions cant believe he has been here so long

8 seasons and over 300 games. Amazing service from Milner considering he was a bit of a journey man before coming to us. Great free signing - I don’t think his influence around the squad can be underestimated
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #656: Oct 17, 2022 09:33:42 pm
      8 seasons and over 300 games. Amazing service from Milner considering he was a bit of a journey man before coming to us. Great free signing - I don’t think his influence around the squad can be underestimated

Plenty of negativity about Milly on here before the game. HTM stood by Milner to be fair. I was broadly supportive. I mean yes he is coming towards the end of his time here and he's not the players he was but all the "he should be nowhere near the team" is disrespectful at the very least. He put in a shift against City. And proved he can still be relied on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #657: Oct 17, 2022 11:01:50 pm
      Plenty of negativity about Milly on here before the game. HTM stood by Milner to be fair. I was broadly supportive. I mean yes he is coming towards the end of his time here and he's not the players he was but all the "he should be nowhere near the team" is disrespectful at the very least. He put in a shift against City. And proved he can still be relied on.

As someone mentioned in the thread, he can struggle in midfield and ends up being a split second too slow which leads to fouls and being out of position.

The whole team has performed below par this season and of course Milner at his age was always going to be the scapegoat. I love the fact we get kept him this season as he plugs so many gaps when we need him and yesterday confirmed that - a very composed and experienced performance
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #658: Oct 18, 2022 06:42:53 am
      Great team effort by everyone including Milner, to set up victory against City. Hope it continues and we find some true form in the coming weeks ahead.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #659: Oct 18, 2022 08:26:53 am
      I dreaded what would happen before the game once Milner was selected but i had to eat my hat Milner was superb
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #660: Oct 18, 2022 09:00:30 am
      What a performance.

Brilliantly taken goal by Mo that he richly deserves. VVD well marshalled Haaland throughout the game, even if he did still show some glimmers of threat.

Season starts here boys and girls.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #661: Oct 18, 2022 02:56:48 pm
      did anyone see Pep getting charged for inciting the crowd after the disallowed goal ....no thought not imagine if Jürgen had done that to City fans.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #662: Oct 18, 2022 03:04:41 pm
      did anyone see Pep getting charged for inciting the crowd after the disallowed goal ....no thought not imagine if Jürgen had done that to City fans.

Well deserved the gobs***e.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #663: Oct 18, 2022 03:11:09 pm

sorry mate the point not clearly made is he did not get a charge or a mention by the media
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #664: Oct 18, 2022 03:55:55 pm
      sorry mate the point not clearly made is he did not get a charge or a mention by the media

Another F**k up from the officials!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #665: Oct 18, 2022 04:29:56 pm
      so much deflection from City about the scum they are from top to bottom never thought UTD could be beaten but the City has now two clubs to be proud of.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #666: Oct 19, 2022 01:35:12 pm
      anyone found footage of coins being thrown yet ? I have watched the bit were Pep goaded the fans and a Police officer was watching the crowd but cannot see any coins thrown nor has anyone yet been identified.
      You can see plenty of people saying Pep was hit by coins ( plural ) yet he said they missed him. I hope the club follow this up and either identify and ban the person or come out and say their is no evidence of anyone throwing coins

Quick Reply