Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      49 (75.4%)
      James Milner
      6 (9.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.5%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      7 (10.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Fábio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2022 02:22:33 pm

Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16940 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Re: Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Oct 22, 2022 07:18:23 pm
      Will walk into that midfield backwards

Providing he doesn’t pull a muscle doing it
      « Last Edit: Oct 22, 2022 07:23:38 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #553: Oct 22, 2022 07:23:08 pm
      Will walk into that midfield backwards

Walk? Wheeled more like 😀
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #554: Oct 22, 2022 07:23:38 pm
      Providing her doesn’t pull a muscle doing it

His record no worse than others
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #555: Oct 22, 2022 07:26:27 pm

Come on  he and rhe ox have been diabolical on and off the pitch.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #556: Oct 22, 2022 07:30:18 pm
      Come on  he and rhe ox have been diabolical on and off the pitch.

Take it you didn't watch the matches he played in last season
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #557: Oct 22, 2022 07:30:30 pm
      What confuses me is our lack of pace and intensity in these games. We have youngsters like carvalho who i dont think i have seen run with the ball yet, harvey adds nothing imo and jones is just not good enough. The lack of first teamers through constant injury has at least told us we need to recruit.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #558: Oct 22, 2022 07:33:21 pm

He has missed a total of 79 league games for us in 4 seasons since he arrived - 17 different injuries

He is a talented player but just can’t stay fit for long enough
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #559: Oct 22, 2022 07:34:41 pm
      What confuses me is our lack of pace and intensity in these games. We have youngsters like carvalho who i dont think i have seen run with the ball yet, harvey adds nothing imo and jones is just not good enough. The lack of first teamers through constant injury has at least told us we need to recruit.

We got ourselves up for City ... Big game big atmosphere etc. These types of games , the bread and butter ones ... we looked well of the pace today ... desire, intensity, movement, creativity, concerningly quality as well. We were so slow ... it was unreal.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #560: Oct 22, 2022 07:48:08 pm
      And after all the sh*t and depressing matches we've played this year, Still only 5 points from Top 4.  But we need an injection this January for sure, or all of our injured players come back after the World Cup.  Open up your wallets FSG ffs.

Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #561: Oct 22, 2022 08:07:04 pm
      And after all the sh*t and depressing matches we've played this year, Still only 5 points from Top 4.  But we need an injection this January for sure, or all of our injured players come back after the World Cup.  Open up your wallets FSG ffs.

Yes this is dire but the rest of the league apart from arsenal not exactly brilliant. If more teams went at city they would drop points
      Harrisimo

• 8,174 posts | 1384 
      Reply #562: Oct 22, 2022 08:11:51 pm
      with that team and performance we will get hammered and then they play Rangers and we play Napoli too close to call now

Think He'll go Hendo,Fabinho and Milner or Elliott in midfield V Ajax.  Prob Mo,Bobby and may be Nunez with Trent back in.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #563: Oct 22, 2022 08:26:39 pm
      Think He'll go Hendo,Fabinho and Milner or Elliott in midfield V Ajax.  Prob Mo,Bobby and may be Nunez with Trent back in.

regardless of team selection I just dont know what performance levels we will get. This was the problem when he took over we just couldnt get a level of consistency. We cant even make changes or drop players because we dont have many fit ones. Konate and Kieta will be available so lets see if Jürgen trusts them it is all very confusing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #564: Oct 22, 2022 08:40:42 pm
      Weird game, really fancied us to score but we just weren’t ruthless enough. Thought Alli should have done better for the goal but then he saved our ass the last game so I suppose it’s six of one and half dozen of the other.
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #565: Oct 22, 2022 08:44:04 pm
      Weird game, really fancied us to score but we just weren’t ruthless enough. Thought Alli should have done better for the goal but then he saved our ass the last game so I suppose it’s six of one and half dozen of the other.

Really in what way ?
      Harrisimo

• 8,174 posts | 1384 
      Reply #566: Oct 22, 2022 08:44:07 pm
      regardless of team selection I just dont know what performance levels we will get. This was the problem when he took over we just couldnt get a level of consistency. We cant even make changes or drop players because we dont have many fit ones. Konate and Kieta will be available so lets see if Jürgen trusts them it is all very confusing.

Tis..and I think he'll go with experience. He might not start with the injured ones. Maybe Elliott would fare better on the left. All bit choca down that right hand side. I like Elliott because he's a gutsy lad and is desperate to do well. Pity is hasn't rubbed off on Jones.

We need a result out there to ease the pressure in that direction.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #567: Oct 22, 2022 08:55:47 pm
      Another sh*te performance. Another game where Alison is man of the match.

I thought after the city performance that maybe our form this season was just a blip but after today I can’t help but think that this team is rapidly in decline.

The lineup gave me no confidence. Jones, Elliott and carvalho shouldn’t be in the same line up unless it’s a league cup game. For a team that’s supposedly challenging on all fronts that line up today (along with the bench) is pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Game went pretty much as I expected. We saw a lot of the ball, had a few half chances, most of which fell to our centre half, but for 90 minutes we huffed and puffed and then piss poor defending cost us yet again. It’s like Groundhog Day.

Going back 12 months, probably longer, I remember saying on here Curtis Jones wasn’t good enough for this club. I don’t care if it was his first start in a while, he was sh*te and how he got a full game I’ll never know. He is a championship player. Maybe a bottom half prem player at best but that’s being very kind to him. We need players in this squad who are genuinely and realistically going to fight for shirts and Jones is nowhere near that level. I know it’s unfair comparing him to Thiago but the drop off in levels is far too great. It’s F***ing massive.

Jürgen got a few things wrong today and he didn’t manage the game well at all. When Milner was brought off, he should have hooked Jones and put Milner in the middle. Trent should have come on at half time when it was blatantly obvious we were struggling to break them down or create anything. We needed width.

Which brings me to salah. We’ve seen the effects of playing salah down the middle recently so I’ve no problem with him starting there today, but as the game went on it was clear forest were packing bodies in the centre and salah wasn’t involved at all. The space was out wide so he should have put salah as wide as possible so he could get space and time on the ball to run at neco Williams. Instead, he just left salah struggling for the whole game. He’s our best player, we have to find a way to get him involved.

I don’t get the hype surrounding carvalho either. Again I don’t care if he’s 9, 19 or 49. If he’s in the team then I’ll judge him as a Liverpool fc player. He’s a tidy player and has good feet but I’m still yet to see him put in a real performance for us. He’s just making the numbers up in my opinion.

Never thought I’d say this a few weeks ago but we missed big Darwin today. As clumsy as he is he still makes things happen and pits himself about.

Really sh*te performance that today. Starting to wonder whether a few of them have lost their hunger. It was a half arsed performance. Apart from Alison, I can’t really recall one player who came away with any credit. Don’t recall one player who gave it absolutely everything and can hold their head up high. Piss poor that reds.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #568: Oct 22, 2022 09:10:25 pm
      Another sh*te performance. Another game where Alison is man of the match.

I thought after the city performance that maybe our form this season was just a blip but after today I can’t help but think that this team is rapidly in decline.

The lineup gave me no confidence. Jones, Elliott and carvalho shouldn’t be in the same line up unless it’s a league cup game. For a team that’s supposedly challenging on all fronts that line up today (along with the bench) is pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Game went pretty much as I expected. We saw a lot of the ball, had a few half chances, most of which fell to our centre half, but for 90 minutes we huffed and puffed and then piss poor defending cost us yet again. It’s like Groundhog Day.

Going back 12 months, probably longer, I remember saying on here Curtis Jones wasn’t good enough for this club. I don’t care if it was his first start in a while, he was sh*te and how he got a full game I’ll never know. He is a championship player. Maybe a bottom half prem player at best but that’s being very kind to him. We need players in this squad who are genuinely and realistically going to fight for shirts and Jones is nowhere near that level. I know it’s unfair comparing him to Thiago but the drop off in levels is far too great. It’s f**king massive.

Jürgen got a few things wrong today and he didn’t manage the game well at all. When Milner was brought off, he should have hooked Jones and put Milner in the middle. Trent should have come on at half time when it was blatantly obvious we were struggling to break them down or create anything. We needed width.

Which brings me to salah. We’ve seen the effects of playing salah down the middle recently so I’ve no problem with him starting there today, but as the game went on it was clear forest were packing bodies in the centre and salah wasn’t involved at all. The space was out wide so he should have put salah as wide as possible so he could get space and time on the ball to run at neco Williams. Instead, he just left salah struggling for the whole game. He’s our best player, we have to find a way to get him involved.

I don’t get the hype surrounding carvalho either. Again I don’t care if he’s 9, 19 or 49. If he’s in the team then I’ll judge him as a Liverpool fc player. He’s a tidy player and has good feet but I’m still yet to see him put in a real performance for us. He’s just making the numbers up in my opinion.

Never thought I’d say this a few weeks ago but we missed big Darwin today. As clumsy as he is he still makes things happen and pits himself about.

Really sh*te performance that today. Starting to wonder whether a few of them have lost their hunger. It was a half arsed performance. Apart from Alison, I can’t really recall one player who came away with any credit. Don’t recall one player who gave it absolutely everything and can hold their head up high. Piss poor that reds.

We will always have differing opinions in regards some of the players but can’t disagree with the last paragraph too much

The players on the pitch had the ability to win the game - but application and effort non existent for many of them bar the young lads who at least worked
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #569: Oct 22, 2022 09:18:19 pm
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #570: Oct 22, 2022 09:31:29 pm

Very . Unless I am missing something
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,775 posts | 391 
      Reply #571: Oct 22, 2022 09:36:32 pm
      Darwin would have scored a few today I'm convinced of it. These are the types of team I think he can flat track bully.

F***ing annoying the fitness levels of this team. Not sure if it's bad luck, injury prone player, over exertion on the training ground or bad medical department but its pissing me right off year after year.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #572: Oct 22, 2022 09:46:39 pm

Not sure what Ali could have done. Ball rebounds off post and it goes straight to our ex striker
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #573: Oct 22, 2022 10:17:43 pm
      Darwin would have scored a few today I'm convinced of it. These are the types of team I think he can flat track bully.

F***ing annoying the fitness levels of this team. Not sure if it's bad luck, injury prone player, over exertion on the training ground or bad medical department but its pissing me right off year after year.

Agree with that. Plus Darwin probably would have attracted attention and created more open spaces for others.  Virgil HAS to bury one of those free headers. I was watching from work but i saw at least 3 he could have buried.

Also agree of the fitness aspect, it's just too many damn injuries to be a coincidence.  Could be any one of the 4 reasons you mentioned. I'd guess our training has alot to do with it. Because of JKs style of run run run press press press.  Takes its toll.  Strange , but I just don't see other teams with constant injury crisis like us. Somethings wrong.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #574: Oct 22, 2022 10:21:27 pm
      Not sure what Ali could have done. Ball rebounds off post and it goes straight to our ex striker

Seemed like the ball went under his arm before it hit the post. Just seemed like he flapped at it but I’m sure it wasn’t a high percentage save, just used to him getting hands on things. It is what it is.

Quick Reply