Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      49 (75.4%)
      James Milner
      6 (9.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.5%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      7 (10.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      FƔbio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2022 02:22:33 pm

Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16545 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Re: Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Oct 22, 2022 10:33:42 pm
      Seemed like the ball went under his arm before it hit the post. Just seemed like he flapped at it but Iā€™m sure it wasnā€™t a high percentage save, just used to him getting hands on things. It is what it is.

Nah was nowhere near it and completely faultless
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #576: Oct 22, 2022 10:42:35 pm
      He has missed a total of 79 league games for us in 4 seasons since he arrived - 17 different injuries

He is a talented player but just canā€™t stay fit for long enough

Can't argue with that and admit his record ain't good enough. Thought last year was breakthrough but alas injured again . Worryingly though others in the last two years have gone same way
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #577: Oct 22, 2022 10:45:52 pm
      Joe Gomez has again been the focus of some pretty damning reports in the Mirror for one. As bad as he was who was any better Jones, Virgil who squandered more chances than Mo . DId Ox actually kick a ball in the time he was on Fab was terrible Carvahlo just too light weight physically at the moment only Ali and possibly Milly come away with any credit our goalkeepers should not be MOTM.
      So Ajax next I havent a clue how we will play or indeed who will play this is no way to run a team that professes to be a contender for titles.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #578: Oct 22, 2022 11:06:52 pm
      Joe Gomez has again been the focus of some pretty damning reports in the Mirror for one. As bad as he was who was any better Jones, Virgil who squandered more chances than Mo . DId Ox actually kick a ball in the time he was on Fab was terrible Carvahlo just too light weight physically at the moment only Ali and possibly Milly come away with any credit our goalkeepers should not be MOTM.
      So Ajax next I havent a clue how we will play or indeed who will play this is no way to run a team that professes to be a contender for titles.

Get your context but :

Gomez has one job to do which is defend.

Virgil is not a striker so you canā€™t expect him to be as clinical as a goal scorer.

Which ever way you look at it this one is down to Klopp because no way should we be losing to the worst team in the league.

Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #579: Oct 22, 2022 11:08:11 pm
      Milly did OK today.

Ajax will be licking their lips. Injuries have wrecked us. Be the same squad as today. You don't recover from an ear infection in a day or 2 ... thiago won't fly.

Darwin ... again if hamstring problems rule him out completely today he won't be fit for midweek.

So it's going to be same again. I'd go 433 , fabinho hendo and Elliott in mid, salah Bob and cavalho the front 3. At timed we could move salah central and push Bob and cavalho behind him ... in a 4321 and bomb the fullbacks on if needed. But I'd take a point and if we get a clean sheet that will be enough.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #580: Oct 22, 2022 11:48:38 pm
      Milly did OK today.

Ajax will be licking their lips. Injuries have wrecked us. Be the same squad as today. You don't recover from an ear infection in a day or 2 ... thiago won't fly.

Darwin ... again if hamstring problems rule him out completely today he won't be fit for midweek.

So it's going to be same again. I'd go 433 , fabinho hendo and Elliott in mid, salah Bob and cavalho the front 3. At timed we could move salah central and push Bob and cavalho behind him ... in a 4321 and bomb the fullbacks on if needed. But I'd take a point and if we get a clean sheet that will be enough.

Darwin hasn't been ruled out midweek and Klopp said today came a day or two early . I expect him to be there Wednesday
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #581: Oct 22, 2022 11:56:04 pm
      Get your context but :

Gomez has one job to do which is defend.

Virgil is not a striker so you canā€™t expect him to be as clinical as a goal scorer.

Which ever way you look at it this one is down to Klopp because no way should we be losing to the worst team in the league.

nah this is not about Virgil or Joe the entire team apart from Ali and maybe Milly were way off what is acceptable effort and performance. I cant believe just how off the pace Jones is he is nowhere near worthy of a starting place and OX is just OX the poor lad hasnt played any consistent football for ages.
      We look lost and like a Rabbitt caught in headlights.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #582: Oct 23, 2022 12:59:53 am
      I still can't believe that result. F***ing fuming!!!  >:(

The sign in the pic says it all.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #583: Oct 23, 2022 07:58:44 am
      Iā€™m trying not to ti think about it. After last weekend and another win midweek I was beginning to get my hopes up but itā€™s the hope that kills you. Losing Jota, Nunez and Thiago was massive and itā€™s hard to mitigate for that. But still you would expect us to win the game against a side that have struggled against everyone. Klopp has shown some tactical nous recently, particularly playing Mo through the middle but I thought he got it wrong yesterday. I thought he should have changed it and reverted to our usual 4-3-3. Harvey was our brightest player yesterday but we needed to get him on the ball more. Also, I canā€™t fathom how Jones stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes. Itā€™s an embarrassing loss but we need to accept that we are going to be in a battle for top four this season (and weā€™re still in it). With all our injuries the WC canā€™t come soon enough.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #584: Oct 23, 2022 08:00:57 am
      What I have noticed is whenever a defeat its always if he was here or he was here we would of won . This week its Darwin and how he would have been the difference when only 1 or 2 games before he was Andy Caroll or couldn't trap a bag of cement to some posters on here
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #585: Oct 23, 2022 08:49:01 am
      What I have noticed is whenever a defeat its always if he was here or he was here we would of won . This week its Darwin and how he would have been the difference when only 1 or 2 games before he was Andy Caroll or couldn't trap a bag of cement to some posters on here

Just @ me next time pal. Iā€™ll explain it for you so maybe you can understand.

Different players offer different strengths in different games. Most people who have played football or even just watched it for a while will understand that.

Iā€™ll now give you an example. Iā€™ve never been a huge admirer of Jordan Henderson. For 80% of our games he wouldnā€™t get in our starting 11 if it was me picking the team. However, there are certain fixtures that bizarrely he would be first name on my team sheet. Would I want Jordan Henderson starting at home against Brentford? No.  Would I want Jordan Henderson starting away to Manchester City? Yes. The reason being for the Brentford fixture we need players good in possession who are creative, something Jordan Henderson isnā€™t particularly strong in. And for the City fixture we need people who are going to run their socks off and stay professional and disciplined, something he is very strong at. Do you follow?

Yesterday, Mo and Bobby got marked out the game by their two physical centre halves who bullied them all afternoon. I believe, and I even used these exact words, ā€˜as clumsy as he isā€™, Darwin would have made a difference. Heā€™s flying with confidence and his physical strengths would have been an asset in a game like that. It would have also freed Mo up which could have been vital too.

Thought this was just basic common sense in the football world but hopefully you understand a bit better now mate.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #586: Oct 23, 2022 09:32:13 am

Different players offer different strengths in different games. Most people who have played football or even just watched it for a while will understand that.

Iā€™ll now give you an example. Iā€™ve never been a huge admirer of Jordan Henderson. For 80% of our games he wouldnā€™t get in our starting 11 if it was me picking the team. However, there are certain fixtures that bizarrely he would be first name on my team sheet. Would I want Jordan Henderson starting at home against Brentford? No.  Would I want Jordan Henderson starting away to Manchester City? Yes. The reason being for the Brentford fixture we need players good in possession who are creative, something Jordan Henderson isnā€™t particularly strong in. And for the City fixture we need people who are going to run their socks off and stay professional and disciplined, something he is very strong at. Do you follow?

Yesterday, Mo and Bobby got marked out the game by their two physical centre halves who bullied them all afternoon. I believe, and I even used these exact words, ā€˜as clumsy as he isā€™, Darwin would have made a difference. Heā€™s flying with confidence and his physical strengths would have been an asset in a game like that. It would have also freed Mo up which could have been vital too.

Thought this was just basic common sense in the football world but hopefully you understand a bit better now mate.

We are fu**ed mate - what a sh*te season and I canā€™t see it getting any better any time soon
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #587: Oct 23, 2022 09:49:19 am
      The midfield is shocking and needs investment in January but will we get it from FSG, i doubt it
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #588: Oct 23, 2022 10:14:45 am
      Interesting to see if the business of taking thiago to hospital at 5 in the morning disrupted any sleep patterns or anything else apart from having to change the team. Perhaps I'm just looking for straws to clutch at.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #589: Oct 23, 2022 10:19:36 am
      Certainy need to bounce back pretty sharpishly after yesterday's seemingly dismal showing against Notts Forest. Playing Ajax in midweek will be a tough test, with so many injuries and inconsistency. A result will be needed to make sure of qualification to the knockout stages of the competition !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #590: Oct 23, 2022 10:21:07 am
      The most common word I have heard and read about this season sums it up 'if'
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #591: Oct 23, 2022 10:23:55 am
      Interesting to see if the business of taking thiago to hospital at 5 in the morning disrupted any sleep patterns or anything else apart from having to change the team. Perhaps I'm just looking for straws to clutch at.

I think you are, were just sh*te mate.

I didn't see the game yesterday as I was working then had to rush out for the evening but to say I was surprised would be a lie.

Disappointed yes but this is going to be a season to forget largely I fear, unless we can get some momentum in the European Cup.

No idea what the answer is but I fear this squad of players is shot this season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #592: Oct 23, 2022 10:33:42 am
      I think you are, were just sh*te mate.

I didn't see the game yesterday as I was working then had to rush out for the evening but to say I was surprised would be a lie.

Disappointed yes but this is going to be a season to forget largely I fear, unless we can get some momentum in the European Cup.

No idea what the answer is but I fear this squad of players is shot this season.

Be gutting to be in Europa next year - but would still like to win it
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #593: Oct 23, 2022 10:42:26 am
      Be gutting to be in Europa next year - but would still like to win it

Seriously 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Why bother watching or supporting when you are so defeatist

Yes our away form right now is poor and we suffering with injuries yet Chelsea only 5 points ahead , Spurs 7 points. Did you throw the towel in last Jan when we were 13 points behind City at one stage and also 8 behind Chelsea.

There is a heck of a long way to go , a mid season break , so much more football yet so stop giving up ffs
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #594: Oct 23, 2022 10:45:18 am
      Were 4 points off the top 4. Only 11 games in so it's not a lost cause. Tough away game coming up and with Ajax coming at us it will be a different game.

Problem in that game was. as I have said, you can't leave the playmaking to the central defenders. Time after time either Joe or VVD were left with no support. They had 10 behind the ball and the ball was played across our back 4 endlessly. It's part of the reason we are not creating enough in open play.

Delay and the likes of Mo can't get the drop on his defender, probably not a fair comparison but see how quickly Ali spotted that Mo had a half a chance V City. Only works if Mo and others get the early ball. 

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #595: Oct 23, 2022 10:47:50 am

Ha ha thanks for the condescending  comments whoosh clearly gone over your head but crack on you knowall or think you do . Just @ me if you need me to explain
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #596: Oct 23, 2022 11:03:49 am
      I still can't get my head around that half arsed performance and how we lost that game.
      Here I was hoping for a miraculous title charge before the game considering how "easy" the next 5 games are..
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #597: Oct 23, 2022 11:26:19 am
      I still can't get my head around that half arsed performance and how we lost that game.
      Here I was hoping for a miraculous title charge before the game considering how "easy" the next 5 games are..

But we've seen those performances pretty much all season mate. It's the norm currently. At one time if we'd thrown a performance in like yesterday it would truly have been head scratching ... but not these days.

But whatever the case ... even with that team yesterday we should be beating them. Yet they were comfortable. Truly gutting.

I'm not looking on SM or online ... I can only imagine how we are being mocked and laughed at. I'm sure the players see it ... it doesn't seem to be getting their back up and motivating them like.

Quick Reply