Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Forest?

Alisson Becker
      49 (75.4%)
      James Milner
      6 (9.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.5%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      7 (10.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      FƔbio Carvalho
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: Oct 26, 2022 02:22:33 pm

Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16538 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Nottingham Forest 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #598: Oct 23, 2022 11:28:28 am
      Were 4 points off the top 4. Only 11 games in so it's not a lost cause. Tough away game coming up and with Ajax coming at us it will be a different game.

Problem in that game was. as I have said, you can't leave the playmaking to the central defenders. Time after time either Joe or VVD were left with no support. They had 10 behind the ball and the ball was played across our back 4 endlessly. It's part of the reason we are not creating enough in open play.

Delay and the likes of Mo can't get the drop on his defender, probably not a fair comparison but see how quickly Ali spotted that Mo had a half a chance V City. Only works if Mo and others get the early ball. 

Definitely agree it's not a lost cause but I can't see anyway out of this inconsistent form so will be tight for top four I fear.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #599: Oct 23, 2022 11:52:23 am
      Just @ me next time pal. Iā€™ll explain it for you so maybe you can understand.

Different players offer different strengths in different games. Most people who have played football or even just watched it for a while will understand that.

Iā€™ll now give you an example. Iā€™ve never been a huge admirer of Jordan Henderson. For 80% of our games he wouldnā€™t get in our starting 11 if it was me picking the team. However, there are certain fixtures that bizarrely he would be first name on my team sheet. Would I want Jordan Henderson starting at home against Brentford? No.  Would I want Jordan Henderson starting away to Manchester City? Yes. The reason being for the Brentford fixture we need players good in possession who are creative, something Jordan Henderson isnā€™t particularly strong in. And for the City fixture we need people who are going to run their socks off and stay professional and disciplined, something he is very strong at. Do you follow?

Yesterday, Mo and Bobby got marked out the game by their two physical centre halves who bullied them all afternoon. I believe, and I even used these exact words, ā€˜as clumsy as he isā€™, Darwin would have made a difference. Heā€™s flying with confidence and his physical strengths would have been an asset in a game like that. It would have also freed Mo up which could have been vital too.

Thought this was just basic common sense in the football world but hopefully you understand a bit better now mate.

Wow, this might be the most condescending post ever written on this board.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #600: Oct 23, 2022 12:02:30 pm
      Wow, this might be the most condescending post ever written on this board.

Just because Iā€™ve criticised Darwin recently (deservedly so too because apart from the West Ham game he has looked very clumsy), doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t think we could have done with him yesterday in a fixture like that.

Doesnā€™t mean I think heā€™s R9 all of a sudden either. With a fit squad my front three for most games would still be Diaz Jota and Salah.

So if somebody writes a post purposely being a dick, then maybe they should expect a smart arse reply.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #601: Oct 23, 2022 12:10:54 pm
      Just mentioned it in the malfunctioning midfield thread, but it has only dawned on me that we played with one deep-lying midfielder yesterday. Thinking back now I thought our midfield was so passive and didn't have any real control till Hendo came on and it makes sense as Hendo and Fab played closer to each other.

Our midfield had no real urgency and it seemed like only Fab was trying to get the ball out wide but he just isn't nimble or mobile enough to make it happen as urgently as we needed. Even on the counter we looked exposed as usual and it's because we only had one deep-lying midfielder. For the foreseeable future, we should stick with two in the centre and the rest of the team works its self out.

I also for the life of me do not understand how Elliot is getting sh*t from fans when he was the only player driving at the opposition and attempting the passes that would get us in between their defensive lines. Yes, it doesn't work every time but it is a lot better than simply playing the safe pass every time like Jones.

Also again, thank god for Alisson.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #602: Oct 23, 2022 12:14:45 pm
      Just because Iā€™ve criticised Darwin recently (deservedly so too because apart from the West Ham game he has looked very clumsy), doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t think we could have done with him yesterday in a fixture like that.

Doesnā€™t mean I think heā€™s R9 all of a sudden either. With a fit squad my front three for most games would still be Diaz Jota and Salah.

So if somebody writes a post purposely being a dick, then maybe they should expect a smart arse reply.

Have you thought that maybe the post wasnā€™t aimed at you in any way at all

There have been plenty of people who have been critical of Nunez
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #603: Oct 23, 2022 12:19:13 pm

HMV . His masters voice . Are you sulking because you think it was aimed at you heaven forbid. It was a general comment what we all do you clown  when we lose. I used the example for Nunez as is latest one in a long line of what ifs rather than focusing on the piss poor performance of players who actually played
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #604: Oct 23, 2022 12:20:46 pm
      Just mentioned it in the malfunctioning midfield thread, but it has only dawned on me that we played with one deep-lying midfielder yesterday. Thinking back now I thought our midfield was so passive and didn't have any real control till Hendo came on and it makes sense as Hendo and Fab played closer to each other.

Our midfield had no real urgency and it seemed like only Fab was trying to get the ball out wide but he just isn't nimble or mobile enough to make it happen as urgently as we needed. Even on the counter we looked exposed as usual and it's because we only had one deep-lying midfielder. For the foreseeable future, we should stick with two in the centre and the rest of the team works its self out.

I also for the life of me do not understand how Elliot is getting sh*t from fans when he was the only player driving at the opposition and attempting the passes that would get us in between their defensive lines. Yes, it doesn't work every time but it is a lot better than simply playing the safe pass every time like Jones.

Also again, thank god for Alisson.

Thought Elliott was good myself and looked the most likely to create anything inventive.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #605: Oct 23, 2022 12:37:42 pm
      HMV . His masters voice . Are you sulking because you think it was aimed at you heaven forbid. It was a general comment what we all do you clown  when we lose. I used the example for Nunez as is latest one in a long line of what ifs rather than focusing on the piss poor performance of players who actually played

When Iā€™ve probably been the main person to criticise Darwin on here and I used the phrase couldnā€™t trap a bag of cement which you directly quoted, then yes it was aimed at me.

If you want to be a shithouse and pretend otherwise then feel free mate.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #606: Oct 23, 2022 12:47:50 pm
      sh*t loss. Should of had 6 on them. The Forest GK put on an absolute clinic of insane saves.
       MOTM was Elliott for me. Hes getting that pre injury form back. He just seems to be a machine. Great passes, shots on goal. Elliott will be one of the top European players in a year or two.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #607: Oct 23, 2022 12:55:22 pm
      Heard from someone today that goes the aways, that when Forest scored their fans in the stand above ours threw a load of copies of the S*n down onto our fans.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #608: Oct 23, 2022 12:57:38 pm
      When Iā€™ve probably been the main person to criticise Darwin on here and I used the phrase couldnā€™t trap a bag of cement which you directly quoted, then yes it was aimed at me.

If you want to be a shithouse and pretend otherwise then feel free mate.

Go away you mard c**t . Do you really think I remember who said it .
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #609: Oct 23, 2022 01:00:17 pm
      Does it get any worse than losing the first game of the weekend to the bottom of the league?
      I know I sound like a spoilt brat after all the years of success but I just hope we. Am turn this around
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #610: Oct 23, 2022 01:19:19 pm
      Go away you mard c**t . Do you really think I remember who said it .

Mard c**t? Wonder where youā€™re from.

And yes I do. Itā€™s not the first time youā€™ve said something directed at meā€¦ā€¦ā€¦shithouse.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #611: Oct 23, 2022 01:21:15 pm

And yes I do. Itā€™s not the first time youā€™ve said something directed at meā€¦ā€¦ā€¦shithouse.

Mardy is the Scouse version isn't it ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #612: Oct 23, 2022 01:22:13 pm
      Seriously 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Why bother watching or supporting when you are so defeatist

Yes our away form right now is poor and we suffering with injuries yet Chelsea only 5 points ahead , Spurs 7 points. Did you throw the towel in last Jan when we were 13 points behind City at one stage and also 8 behind Chelsea.

There is a heck of a long way to go , a mid season break , so much more football yet so stop giving up ffs

He needs to change his username to Knee Jerker Red as that all he ever does.  ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #613: Oct 23, 2022 01:24:05 pm
      Does it get any worse than losing the first game of the weekend to the bottom of the league?
      I know I sound like a spoilt brat after all the years of success but I just hope we. Am turn this around

Christ we have had far worse over the years
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #614: Oct 23, 2022 01:26:10 pm
      Christ we have had far worse over the years

Yesterday was one of the worst performances under Klopp.(In front of fans ;) )
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #615: Oct 23, 2022 01:26:52 pm

Ha ha where does it matter where I am from it applies. Do we all not direct things at each other at times . Pot kettle springs to mind . And as you say if I have done it before do you really think I would give a sh*t about doing it again if I could be assed looking back who said it
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #616: Oct 23, 2022 01:53:30 pm
      Ha ha where does it matter where I am from it applies. Do we all not direct things at each other at times . Pot kettle springs to mind . And as you say if I have done it before do you really think I would give a sh*t about doing it again if I could be assed looking back who said it

No, which is why itā€™s a bit odd you denying it. Never understood why people say things on the internet and then deny their intentions etc. Anyway petal weā€™ll leave it there.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #617: Oct 23, 2022 02:04:19 pm
      No, which is why itā€™s a bit odd you denying it. Never understood why people say things on the internet and then deny their intentions etc. Anyway petal weā€™ll leave it there.

OK no worries @ me if you need anymore explanation
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #618: Oct 23, 2022 02:24:33 pm
      Mardy is the Scouse version isn't it ;)

Mardy Arse is the full and correct use.Not often used but maybe needs bringing back on here far more
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #619: Oct 23, 2022 02:26:15 pm
      Mardy Arse is the full and correct use.Not often used but maybe needs bringing back on here far more

For sure, I can think of a few members.  :P
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #620: Oct 23, 2022 04:43:40 pm
      Seriously 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø Why bother watching or supporting when you are so defeatist

Yes our away form right now is poor and we suffering with injuries yet Chelsea only 5 points ahead , Spurs 7 points. Did you throw the towel in last Jan when we were 13 points behind City at one stage and also 8 behind Chelsea.

There is a heck of a long way to go , a mid season break , so much more football yet so stop giving up ffs

I see nothing in our performances to suggest we can turn our away form around. I like your optimism and of course hope youā€™re right

Quick Reply