Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Ajax v Liverpool, 26th Oct, 20.00

Read 3760 times
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Re: Pre Match : Ajax v Liverpool, 26th Oct, 20.00
      Reply #23: Oct 25, 2022 08:56:10 pm
      Looks like might only need a draw here but it’s not going to be easy by any means.

Fingers crossed Thiago is fit otherwise I really worry.

Alisson
      Trent
      Gomez (hoping Konate is fit)
      VVD
      Robbo

Thiago
      Fabinho

Curtis
      Bobby
      Mo

Nunez

A think even a 1-0 loss would be okay with us beating them 2-1 in the first fixture. Just guessing really though.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #24: Oct 26, 2022 01:48:19 am
      With the way this seasons going we will lose tomorrow. Then we will bear Napoli on a late Salah goal to advance. We will scrap our way through the KO stage in dramatic fashion and then go down by a few goals to City in the final, only to level up and win #7 on PKs.....
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Oct 26, 2022 08:42:23 am
                                                                  Alisson
                                                 Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robbo
                                                          Fabinho    Thiago
                                                      Elliot    Bobby   Nunez
                                                                  Salah

Bench; Kelleher, Adrian, Kostas, Matip, Milner Henderson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Ox, Jones, Clarke, Toshack.

Without Matip, Konate, Hendo, Diaz, Jota, Naby, in the starting X1, I can see Jürgen going with the above, I’m in favour of getting the job done nice and early so going gung ho and taking the game to Ajax right from the first peep, we need only draw, for us in our fractious state even that is within our reach,

Never in a million years would I want a mid season break but we f***in need one this season, so this farcical World Cup can’t happen soon enough, the ‘ Quad-annual lining of FIFA’s pockets’ will start in a few weeks time, and we have a few players taking part in this Qatari jamboree with a few more sunning themselves under a Dubai sun, if I had my way I’d withdraw all our players from international duty, every f***in one of them, in particular our Trent, encouraging him to tell Gareth to shove it up his Poop chute,

Not gonna happen unfortunately, professional footballers don’t do Rebellion, any f***in hoo, on with tonight’s Champions League delights, Ajax are a decent side but the difference in quality is somewhat reduced by our accumulative injury list, just can’t catch a break can we ? Even so we should still have enough to earn at least the point we need to go thru, ideally we need to put this to bed early, and perhaps rest one or two with Leeds up next, and they can be right dirty bas**rds, not ‘break your legs’ dirty but it doesn’t take a lot to injure our boys these days, blowing on them would be enough I reckon !!

1-3 Mighty Redmen, Nunez 1 - 2 Mo

Y  N  W  A

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: Oct 26, 2022 09:10:00 am
      Green kit tonight.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #27: Oct 26, 2022 09:16:17 am
      Will be a really tough night especially without Thiago and being up against a side who have to win and by two goals at that.

A think even a 1-0 loss would be okay with us beating them 2-1 in the first fixture. Just guessing really though.

That rule has gone I think after away goals were removed from the knockout stage.

If we lose by a goal tonight and then lose again to Napoli it would come down to overall goal difference (we currently hold a 10 goal lead over Ajax in that).
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #28: Oct 26, 2022 09:19:01 am
      Will be a really tough night especially without Thiago and being up against a side who have to win and by two goals at that.

That rule has gone I think after away goals were removed from the knockout stage.

If we lose by a goal tonight and then lose again to Napoli it would come down to overall goal difference (we currently hold a 10 goal lead over Ajax in that).

To be positive ... if we win tonight and beat napoli 4-0 will we win the group?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #29: Oct 26, 2022 10:08:58 am

A 10 goal swing would be pretty crazy. Even so let's be positive and pray for a draw  :f_tongueincheek:
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #30: Oct 26, 2022 10:23:41 am
      A 10 goal swing would be pretty crazy. Even so let's be positive and pray for a draw  :f_tongueincheek:

A 5-0 defeat is a ten goal swing tonight isnt it? I'm going to stay on the positive for once ... win tonight, beat napoli 4-0 and win the group if the head to head still applies
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Oct 26, 2022 10:39:35 am
      just qualify tonight dont care how a 0-0 draw will be fine the performance is irrelevant as we now next game could be completely different results at present are important .
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #32: Oct 26, 2022 01:30:39 pm
      just qualify tonight dont care how a 0-0 draw will be fine the performance is irrelevant as we now next game could be completely different results at present are important .

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Be a miracle if we arnt behind in the first 15 minutes again. But we will see. They will fly at us and we need to be ready.

Hopefully keep them at arms length and then catch them on the counter
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #33: Oct 26, 2022 01:40:02 pm
      Can see a clinging on for a draw and being fairly sh*te. That’ll do!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #34: Oct 26, 2022 02:09:52 pm
      Need to complete the job tonight. Do not want a last game cliffhanger against Napoli.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #35: Oct 26, 2022 02:17:49 pm
      Elliot has to play IMO. Outside of Ali he's been our most consistent player this season. Play him on the left and MO in the middle behind Bobby or Nunez. His tracking back to help the RB has been a real difference the past 3 or 4 games.

If we want to play for a draw Lallana's selection a few posts back looks ok, as Bobby will offer some defensive cover in the middle there,but if were going all out to win it, we probably need Elliot instead of Hendo.

Clearly a draw is enough, but a dangerous game to play. Then again, when did we do anything the easy way ?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #36: Oct 26, 2022 02:28:15 pm
                                 Alisson

Trent         Gomez         Virg             Robbo

Fabinho
                    Elliot                       Henderson

Bobby

Salah                Nunez
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Oct 26, 2022 02:43:43 pm
      Attacking options are limited. Could be Nunez won't be risked. The strategy I think is get through to the World cup break still well in the top 4 mix, with hopefully, no more injuries. Then with the squad more or less fit, plus a possible January addition, go for what's left on the table.

Tonight Mo & Bobby with Carvalho, Fabinho, Hendo & Jones. Back 4....might play Milly at RB..which puts Trent's position at serious risk for the rest of the season.

1-2

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38: Oct 26, 2022 02:59:41 pm
      I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. Be a miracle if we arnt behind in the first 15 minutes again. But we will see. They will fly at us and we need to be ready.

Hopefully keep them at arms length and then catch them on the counter

only conceded 1 goal in the last three games. I dont think any of us can with confidence predict which Liverpool team will be turning up.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #39: Oct 26, 2022 03:40:05 pm
      only conceded 1 goal in the last three games. I dont think any of us can with confidence predict which Liverpool team will be turning up.

I don't even think Jürgen can predict it to be honest.

I'd play the diamond tonight. Bob behind nunez and salah and push the full backs up when we can.

With his form I feel worried putting fabinho at the base of the diamond. I hope he can find his form again.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Oct 26, 2022 03:49:33 pm
      We will probablt smash them tonight, another bounceback game. l o l
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #41: Oct 26, 2022 03:52:04 pm
      We will probablt smash them tonight, another bounceback game. l o l

Hope so. I'll take a draw and no injuries
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42: Oct 26, 2022 04:39:20 pm
      Surely we going to put Saturdays performance right tonight
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: Oct 26, 2022 05:15:19 pm
      Nunez and Konate traveled so should get some game time. In that case it makes better sense to start Nunez from the off rather than coming off the bench. A lot of hamstring injuries happen with explosive runs so with Nunez being slightly out of condition maybe better to give him the chance of a full pre match warm up rather than coming on from the bench.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #44: Oct 26, 2022 05:15:40 pm
      Surely we going to put Saturdays performance right tonight

if only that was possible. Take our chances and we will be fine despite everything I always look forward to an away CL game it is where we can really send out messages to the rest of them.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Oct 26, 2022 05:27:47 pm
      if only that was possible. Take our chances and we will be fine despite everything I always look forward to an away CL game it is where we can really send out messages to the rest of them.

Get a result here, then go full blast at Leeds knowing we can take it slightly easier V Napoli. Don't need any more grief what with all these injuries.

Quick Reply