Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      10 (16.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      30 (50.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (5.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (10.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 02, 2022 08:41:09 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19326 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Oct 29, 2022 11:02:38 pm
      Yes it still needs addressing along with other issues but it doesn’t excuse top quality players playing poorly

What can I say that Ive already said many many  times! Fatigue- exploits of last year - current injuries. Problem is some of your fans can’t see it and put some of the blame on Klopp. I don’t see what they see.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,258 posts | 1659 
      Reply #760: Oct 29, 2022 11:03:41 pm
      The only positive I can give is that, in my opinion, the crux of Liverpool's problem is in one position - midfield.  A couple of high calibre acquisitions could dramatically improve the situation.

We are not quite at the rebuild the entire team from back to front point.

A little bit more strength and pace in there and Trent starts looking better, teams are going to be more tired facing us, and our forwards are still high enough quality to punish most teams.

I think they are going to have to act big in January though.  No more Arthur Melo loan sh*te.  Unfortunately, a lot of our midfield will be going to the World Cup so it's even more imperative we act because they are all going to come back injured to some extent.

Naby,Milner,Thiago,Ox,Jones,Elliott ,Carvalhoall not going . Fab And Henderson only ones and they will get very little action so not sure how that won't benefit us
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #761: Oct 29, 2022 11:04:26 pm
      Midfields control games. They dictate the tempo. It’s the engine room.
      Gomez has always made mistakes.
      VVD may be showing his age now with the injuries he had and also the World Cup might be on his mind as the last tournament was taken away from him?
      But our midfield problems spread throughout the team like covid in on a cruise ship.

Hang on a min!! No such thing as Covid in your book so don’t be using that as a excuse.   ;D
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 827 posts | 298 
      Reply #762: Oct 29, 2022 11:04:30 pm
      I think there is still a lot of quality in the squad but it's a small gap between success and failure in this league. We are doing ok in Champions league against weaker teams but struggling against premier league teams.
      Almost all the players appear to have issues with their motivation and concentration this season. They don't have the work rate needed to win consistently. Add injuries, aging players and a few other factors and we are going to have serious problems getting into the top 4.
      We need to add at least 1 quality player to midfield in January.

On a positive note none of the other top 4 contenders look amazing and a decent run of form after the WC can get us moving up the table.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,810 posts | 3381 
      Reply #763: Oct 29, 2022 11:04:39 pm
      What can I say that Ive already said many many  times! Fatigue- exploits of last year - current injuries. Problem is some of your fans can’t see it and put some of the blame on Klopp. I don’t see what they see.

The ones talking about Klopp being sacked are prob just new fans who watch the likes of Chelsea sacking managers every 18 months

Last season and the shortened pre season are key reasons
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #764: Oct 29, 2022 11:06:02 pm
      We still have more chances than our opposition, we still win against a powerhouse like City. It could be just a spell of bad luck. Just a reminder before we demand all kinds of knee-jerk reactions.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #765: Oct 29, 2022 11:06:27 pm
      Hang on a min!! No such thing as Covid in your book so don’t be using that as a excuse.   ;D

No, I said I don’t believe in cruise ships.
      How I miss Shabs….the voice of reason.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #766: Oct 29, 2022 11:07:12 pm

Which is why they become fatigued.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #767: Oct 29, 2022 11:08:01 pm
      You are guessing re Gini clearly struggled since he left . As for Taki and Origi we have two lads out long term so if we had kept them two they would have been 6th and 7th choice which I would imagine they wouldn't be too pleased about

He struggled at psg. He'd have fitted right back in here like a glove. Better than keita, better than Jones, better than chamberlain, better than milner and more reliable than hendo and thiago.

As for origi ... he was out of contract and left. Bit we had no better options on the bench tonight.

Minamino can play left side and again ... better option than Jones or anyone else on the bench. Sold purely to balance the books. Sold to help recoup the Darwin outlay.

I'm not guessing anything. This is my opinion. If you think what was there tonight were better options than origi minamino and wijnadum then fair enough.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #768: Oct 29, 2022 11:08:06 pm

Fatigue feels worse when you are out of form
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #769: Oct 29, 2022 11:08:15 pm
      No, I said I don’t believe in cruise ships.
      How I miss Shabs….the voice of reason.

I miss him too.
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #770: Oct 29, 2022 11:09:18 pm

It’s pretty clear from your posting style that you are a poster who recently was banned

What is my posting style? That I dislike fsg? You think it's only me or the previous banned guy that dislike them and know they're to blame? He sounds a clever man this guy
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,609 posts | 3914 
      Reply #771: Oct 29, 2022 11:10:13 pm
      We still have more chances than our opposition, we still win against a powerhouse like City. It could be just a spell of bad luck. Just a reminder before we demand all kinds of knee-jerk reactions.

Come on mate, we’re well into the season and can’t find a win from anywhere. It’s not going to change any time soon.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #772: Oct 29, 2022 11:11:00 pm
      I think there is still a lot of quality in the squad but it's a small gap between success and failure in this league. We are doing ok in Champions league against weaker teams but struggling against premier league teams.
      Almost all the players appear to have issues with their motivation and concentration this season. They don't have the work rate needed to win consistently. Add injuries, aging players and a few other factors and we are going to have serious problems getting into the top 4.
      We need to add at least 1 quality player to midfield in January.

On a positive note none of the other top 4 contenders look amazing and a decent run of form after the WC can get us moving up the table.

Most of the top 4 contenders keep winning and don't look like losing. They'll be out of sight by the WC and imo they're as good as out of sight now. Lose at spurs as I expect we will and we're double figures from 4th in November and probably closer to the bottom.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #773: Oct 29, 2022 11:12:16 pm
      That very true it isn’t the midfields fault, it’s a combination of things as you basically  point out. However, out of the combinations it’s still your biggest problem in going forward.

the midfield provide no cover for the CB's or Trent and Andy the team ran 11k less than Leeds our midfield has no legs left and that pr**k you converse with has far more support for FSG than Jürgen or the team he is just full of excuses but if you bothered to listen to Souness who actually does know what a midfield player is they are just worn out and have little more to give. Nothing wrong with scoring goals and just blaming Joe Gomez all the time is a F***ing joke tonight Ali put his hand up for  his mistake and even Jürgen called ALi aout for slipping in th eposition he was in . YOu must be the only person other than that tw*t you post with who doesnt think the midfield is the problem and that includes most pundits and the manager himself.
      rossyred

• 9,258 posts | 1659 
      Reply #774: Oct 29, 2022 11:13:30 pm
      He struggled at psg. He'd have fitted right back in here like a glove. Better than keita, better than Jones, better than chamberlain, better than milner and more reliable than hendo and thiago.

As for origi ... he was out of contract and left. Bit we had no better options on the bench tonight.

Minamino can play left side and again ... better option than Jones or anyone else on the bench. Sold purely to balance the books. Sold to help recoup the Darwin outlay.

I'm not guessing anything. This is my opinion. If you think what was there tonight were better options than origi minamino and wijnadum then fair enough.

Not arguing your opinions just saying with having couple if key forwards injured it will impact on strength of bench.  We will never agree on Naby but if you think he isn't good enough and the 3 we have now aren't then you are looking at 5 out. Can guarantee you now if Naby had put these types of performances in which Fab and the likes have there would be complete and utter meltdown
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #775: Oct 29, 2022 11:15:14 pm

Not buying this fatigued nonsense. They're underperforming end of story. Not injuries either. Diaz and Jota are big misses but there's too many big players not doing it.

The desire of Leeds and Forest was much greater than ours. Both deserved their victories
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #776: Oct 29, 2022 11:17:44 pm
      In a pub in beautiful Glasgow with a friend only to see this sh*t happen.

F**k me Amadeus
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 827 posts | 298 
      Reply #777: Oct 29, 2022 11:19:32 pm
      Most of the top 4 contenders keep winning and don't look like losing. They'll be out of sight by the WC and imo they're as good as out of sight now. Lose at spurs as I expect we will and we're double figures from 4th in November and probably closer to the bottom.

We have been sh*t for most of the season, well below our best and we are 10 points from 3rd with an extra game to play. It looks grim but we need to keep the faith. This team has a history of long winning runs to get us up the table in the recent past.

Next Sunday is a very big game for us.
      DanMann

• 5,724 posts | 880 
      Reply #778: Oct 29, 2022 11:27:37 pm

No chance. There is no excuse.

This is 100% attitude. It's plain as day to see. Did the same last week.. and it's not even surprising any more to see us do it again.

You can't claim that the lads are exhausted etc whilst watching them play a half-hearted lazy game, then go away and beat Ajax, and come home again and screw around again. It's their own choosing. They chose to lose, and honestly they don't care. Salah laughing again after wasting a massive chance when we were desperate for a "winner" at the time.  :mad:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,303 posts | 276 
      Reply #779: Oct 29, 2022 11:28:20 pm
      No knee jerk reaction  from me just my honest opinion, midfield is our problem Hendo, Milner, Thiago and Fab all struggling with either age or injuries, Ox and Keita never fit, Jones I don't like saying it but is he good enough? and Elliot he's technically a good player and could become great he's 19 but we are carrying a passenger with him a lot of time but I'm not pinning things on him.
      We need two new big signings in midfield and anyone even remotely thinking of Klopp going well be careful what you wish for, we'll never see a once in a generation manager like this again for a long while. CL qualification a real danger now ..
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,232 posts | 744 
      Reply #780: Oct 29, 2022 11:30:27 pm
      Thing is Forest and Leeds will be in the bottom 5 at the end of the season
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #781: Oct 29, 2022 11:33:16 pm
      On the back of last season we should have strengthened with real quality this summer ... in midfield especially and flogged the likes of keita Jones and Chamberlain to help fund it and free wages.

Next summer with at best conference league European football and 4 'assets' walking for free how are we going to attract the quality or pay for it.

Stand still .... go backwards. Buy cheap ... buy twice.

Quick Reply