Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leeds?

Alisson Becker
      10 (16.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (1.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      30 (50.8%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.1%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (5.1%)
      Darwin Núñez
      1 (1.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (10.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (3.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 02, 2022 08:41:09 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19334 times
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Leeds United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Oct 29, 2022 11:48:17 pm
      There's no coincidence that all our rivals have outspent us consistently and have now left us behind. This doesn't need einstein.

Fsg out today!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #783: Oct 29, 2022 11:54:31 pm
      I'm off to bed. Work in a few hours ... gonna get slaughtered by our resident mancunians amongst others.

No issues with the result tonight. Leeds fully deserved it. They worked harder, ran harder and undoubtedly wanted it more. You could see what it meant to them.

As for us ... the complete opposite. Some of them looked ready to turn on the fake waterworks at the end. Doesn't fool me. I'm not getting into names but some of them it wouldn't bother me if they never pulled this shirt on again. Nowhere near good enough. As for the bench ....

I've seen 'back to basics' mentioned alot. Well that involves hard work first and foremost, something this squad has lost the desire to put in.

Nobody takes charge ... nobody drives us forward. Nobody organises and nobody maybe milly and robbo aside seems to get angry with the garbage we lazily serve up.

We ate getting what we deserve and the blame lies with the players.

Jürgen has made his mistakes .... but the biggest responsibility is the owners. They need to sell up and f*ck off.

Goodnight
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #784: Oct 30, 2022 12:05:32 am
      The midfield didn’t cause Gomez to play that ball or for VVD to stand off the attacker the way he did. Both were poor stand alone player mistakes

That is true.  But you don't see the team from 2/3 seasons ago letting Leeds occupy our half at Anfield or outrunning us.

Pressure leads to mistakes and the fact is that this Liverpool team have been protected for years by six hard working players further up the field and that isn't happening right now.

There wasn't the opportunity for these 'mistakes' as much in previous years.  Our defence rarely needed to be tested.

In an entirely fit squad we've currently got a great keeper, a very good collection of central defenders and attacking wing backs, a combination of a proven and upcoming attacking power, and a sh*te midfield.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #785: Oct 30, 2022 12:24:33 am
      That was terrible. Didn’t think we could get any worse than the sh*t show at Forest but here we are.

Ali - I don’t blame him for either goal. Gomez gives him a suicide pass for the first and then the second was a free shot after 10 seconds of Sunday league defending.

Trent - Very average. Defended ok for most parts but wasn’t offering much going forward.

Gomez - Arguably his worst LFC performance. I lost count how many times he lost possession. Cost us the first goal and was in no man’s land for the second. Weak, shaky, no confidence. Very, very poor. Should have been hooked at half time for Konate.

VVD - wasn’t much better to be honest. Lost his commanding presence and attackers don’t fear him any more.

Robbo - thought he was sh*te and his hard man attitude giving opposition players a push and a shove is a smoke screen for how poor he plays.

Fabinho - another terrible performance. Confidence looks shot and he looks exhausted. Can’t cover ground or keep up with the pace of the game. Needs a couple of games out to recharge.

Thiago - showed his quality in small spells with nice turns or good passes but wasn’t in the game anywhere near enough. Didn’t dictate it as he normally does.

Elliott - didn’t look comfortable at all, had a shocker an proved once again why he isn’t a central midfielder.  Should have been hooked at half time for Hendo.

Darwin - one of the strangest players I’ve ever seen. One minute he can barely trap a ball and misses the easiest of chances. Then 5 minutes later nearly puts one in the top bin from 25 yards. It’s bizarre. He should have had a brace tonight. One thing I can’t knock him for is work rate though. Even when things weren’t going his way tonight he never stops running.

Bobby - sh*te. Wasn’t involved. Can’t stand all those stupid flicks he does when we’re level or even worse when we’re behind.

Salah - thought he was our best player without being great. If we were ever going to get anything from the game it was through Mo though.

Curtis Jones - sh*te and not good enough for this club. We shouldn’t be bringing the likes of him on to get 3 points.

Henderson - went in the 6 rather than the 8 which is where we needed him. Didn’t do anything apart from 5 yard passes until he decided to have a 25 yard shot in injury time which hit some feller in block 304.

Milner - wasn’t on the pitch long enough to do anything. Didn’t see the point in bringing him on.

To summarise. Absolutely pathetic performance once again.

I don’t think Gomez is intelligent enough to play CB. He’s just a car crash and Virgil isn’t as good as what he once was to bail him out any more. I’d like to see Joe at right back whenever he next plays where he’s not as exposed and doesn’t half to concentrate as much. Put Trent in the middle for a game or two (derby league cup maybe) and see how that partnership works.

Fabinho needs a rest asap and probably some genuine competition for his shirt too to give him a volley up the arse.

Curtis Jones is crap.

Harvey Elliott is not a centre mid and he’s a RM or a RW. If he plays then he should go in his natural position and playing salah down the middle.

We will seriously struggle for top 4 this season.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #786: Oct 30, 2022 12:30:43 am
      That was terrible. Didn’t think we could get any worse than the sh*t show at Forest but here we are.

Ali - I don’t blame him for either goal. Gomez gives him a suicide pass for the first and then the second was a free shot after 10 seconds of Sunday league defending.

Trent - Very average. Defended ok for most parts but wasn’t offering much going forward.

Gomez - Arguably his worst LFC performance. I lost count how many times he lost possession. Cost us the first goal and was in no man’s land for the second. Weak, shaky, no confidence. Very, very poor. Should have been hooked at half time for Konate.

VVD - wasn’t much better to be honest. Lost his commanding presence and attackers don’t fear him any more.

Robbo - thought he was sh*te and his hard man attitude giving opposition players a push and a shove is a smoke screen for how poor he plays.

Fabinho - another terrible performance. Confidence looks shot and he looks exhausted. Can’t cover ground or keep up with the pace of the game. Needs a couple of games out to recharge.

Thiago - showed his quality in small spells with nice turns or good passes but wasn’t in the game anywhere near enough. Didn’t dictate it as he normally does.

Elliott - didn’t look comfortable at all, had a shocker an proved once again why he isn’t a central midfielder.  Should have been hooked at half time for Hendo.

Darwin - one of the strangest players I’ve ever seen. One minute he can barely trap a ball and misses the easiest of chances. Then 5 minutes later nearly puts one in the top bin from 25 yards. It’s bizarre. He should have had a brace tonight. One thing I can’t knock him for is work rate though. Even when things weren’t going his way tonight he never stops running.

Bobby - sh*te. Wasn’t involved. Can’t stand all those stupid flicks he does when we’re level or even worse when we’re behind.

Salah - thought he was our best player without being great. If we were ever going to get anything from the game it was through Mo though.

Curtis Jones - sh*te and not good enough for this club. We shouldn’t be bringing the likes of him on to get 3 points.

Henderson - went in the 6 rather than the 8 which is where we needed him. Didn’t do anything apart from 5 yard passes until he decided to have a 25 yard shot in injury time which hit some feller in block 304.

Milner - wasn’t on the pitch long enough to do anything. Didn’t see the point in bringing him on.

To summarise. Absolutely pathetic performance once again.

I don’t think Gomez is intelligent enough to play CB. He’s just a car crash and Virgil isn’t as good as what he once was to bail him out any more. I’d like to see Joe at right back whenever he next plays where he’s not as exposed and doesn’t half to concentrate as much. Put Trent in the middle for a game or two (derby league cup maybe) and see how that partnership works.

Fabinho needs a rest asap and probably some genuine competition for his shirt too to give him a volley up the arse.

Curtis Jones is crap.

Harvey Elliott is not a centre mid and he’s a RM or a RW. If he plays then he should go in his natural position and playing salah down the middle.

We will seriously struggle for top 4 this season.

I was taking you seriously until you said put Trent in the centre of defence. Also, Robbo was our best player. I agree about playing Gomez at RB though.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #787: Oct 30, 2022 12:38:07 am
      I was taking you seriously until you said put Trent in the centre of defence. Also, Robbo was our best player. I agree about playing Gomez at RB though.

Wa? No, put Trent RCM. I want to see Gomez rb and Trent infront of him. Be an interesting experiment. It’s something i posted months ago on here but got laughed at. Can’t be any F***ing worse than what we see nowadays that’s for sure.

Robbo was crap. One or two decent runs and a good assist, yeah. Also got caught out of position, lost the ball cheaply and constantly played safe 5 yard balls.

Gets praise for starting sh*t with opposition players but that doesn’t wash with me. He was sh*te  for large parts tonight.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #788: Oct 30, 2022 12:44:16 am
      Wa? No, put Trent RCM. I want to see Gomez rb and Trent infront of him. Be an interesting experiment. It’s something i posted months ago on here but got laughed at. Can’t be any f**king worse than what we see nowadays that’s for sure.

Robbo was crap. One or two decent runs and a good assist, yeah. Also got caught out of position, lost the ball cheaply and constantly played safe 5 yard balls.

Gets praise for starting sh*t with opposition players but that doesn’t wash with me. He was sh*te  for large parts tonight.

Our current issues in midfield are a lack of legs and dynamism hence the shocking stats of Leeds ran 11km more than LFC.
      Do you really think Trent is going to put in that sort of a stint?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #789: Oct 30, 2022 12:45:05 am

Gut feeling is its beyond competition for a place.  Think he's done.  He's always been one of those players who has missed the odd few games here and there with muscle issues even early on.  Four years of high intensity Klopp Liverpool and I doubt he's got it left in him now.

I'm always happy to be proved wrong but I think that next summer is our last chance of getting a semi decent fee for him and using it to resupply. 

Agree with your comments about Gomez too.  I have highlighted it before.  Not even sure Nat Phillips would have blindly played that backpass.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #790: Oct 30, 2022 12:46:12 am
      Wa? No, put Trent RCM. I want to see Gomez rb and Trent infront of him. Be an interesting experiment. It’s something i posted months ago on here but got laughed at. Can’t be any f**king worse than what we see nowadays that’s for sure.

Oh right. Yeah I would play Trent as a wide midfielder myself  (in a 4-4-2, not so much the the right CM in a 4-3-3, but you could make a case for that too). Likewise had this idea dismissed on here, but definitely worth a try for me.

Don't recognise Robbo's performance from your description though. Main thing for me was that he was actually trying to drive us forward and make things happen, thought he played pretty well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #791: Oct 30, 2022 12:47:54 am
      Utter sh*te.

Baffling substitutions again, especially Elliott for Jones.

Don't make me laugh, the way we're playing, we won't make it past the second round. Massive changes needed to system and playing style.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,992 posts | 223 
      Reply #792: Oct 30, 2022 12:50:04 am
      Top 4 isn’t gone. Are you high?
      Really,

Well they better get their fvking fingers out of their fvking arses then

scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #793: Oct 30, 2022 12:50:33 am
      Came up against a on form keeper tonight, I was more pissed off ,with transport arrangements after game ,no public transport back from ground families waiting on buses for over an hour ,ended up walking back to town ,or getting ripped off by taxis ,thanks Sky ,and Liverpool transport ,  for considering young families safety midnight some still waiting with young kids f@cking shocking how they treat fans
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #794: Oct 30, 2022 12:50:56 am
      The midfield didn’t cause Gomez to play that ball or for VVD to stand off the attacker the way he did. Both were poor stand alone player mistakes

Shouldn't have even got to Gomez in the first place if a certain someone didn't sh*t out of a challenge.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #795: Oct 30, 2022 12:53:19 am

You got about four billion to buy us?

If not pipe the F**k down with the bi*ch arse crying about the owners.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #796: Oct 30, 2022 12:54:29 am

Our current issues in midfield are a lack of legs and dynamism hence the shocking stats of Leeds ran 11km more than LFC.
      Do you really think Trent is going to put in that sort of a stint?

I think he would out run any of our current midfielders, yes. It’s no longer a blip this, we have big problems so klopp needs to have a change around.

In my opinion having Konate (rcb), Gomez (rb) and Trent (rcm) is much more solid and has more balance than Gomez (rcb), Trent (rb) and Elliott (rcm). The latter is far too weak and it’s no coincidence why we constantly concede goals down that right hand side.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #797: Oct 30, 2022 12:56:17 am
      I've just got home. Had a few in the valley after it.

Me youngest lad's first proper game while out with me eldest as well as me mate and his 9 year old.

Pfft.

*RANT:* We are at 1-1 at home and James Milner is coming on to help us win a game in the year 2022.

Curtis Jones - gets in no other PL team's midfield

I was about to go on and type about others but can't be arsed.

We needed 2 x CMs at the start of last season, nevermind this season - we would have won the league if we got even one.

FSG are sh*te and we are not a well run club its a myth.

We haven't even got a club doctor at the moment.

We let Emre Can f**k off on a free, Wijnaldum f**k off on a free, Mane left as he was playing practically every game while on 100k a week while the likes of Oxlade f**king Chamberlain are earning 150/180k a week.

Bobby leaves on a free at the end of this season, too.

We should've threw pure money around when we won the CL because that's when any club is in their highest position of strength where being the most attractive we can be to top players is concerned.

But we done this (I think):

Sepp van den Berg – PEC Zwolle – £1.3m
      Harvey Elliott – Fulham – Tribunal
      Adrian – West Ham – Free Transfer
      Andy Lonergan – Middlesbrough – Free Transfer

Also, I wouldnt have any other manager, but I can't let Jürgen get off completely scott free. Although Diaz is quality and Nunez may, also, turn out to be quality, Klopp has spent the little money that he has had available (when taking in to account the level of club that's he's managing) over the last season on those two - at least one CM with the money he spent there was 100% required.

FSG won the f**king lottery when they got Klopp, though. No manager will ever work the wonders like he has for them under the transfer restrictions he's had.

It's going to sh*t. Only way it doesn't is if we make very good signings in January and get the medical staff sorted.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #798: Oct 30, 2022 12:58:31 am
      I've just got home. Had a few in the valley after it.

Me youngest lad's first proper game while out with me eldest as well as me mate and his 9 year old.

Pfft.

*RANT:* We are at 1-1 at home and James Milner is coming on to help us win a game in the year 2022.

Curtis Jones - gets in no other PL team's midfield

I was about to go on and type about others but can't be arsed.

We needed 2 x CMs at the start of last season, nevermind this season - we would have won the league if we got even one.

FSG are sh*te and we are not a well run club its a myth.

We haven't even got a club doctor at the moment.

We let Emre Can f**k off on a free, Wijnaldum f**k off on a free, Mane left as he was playing practically every game while on 100k a week while the likes of Oxlade f**king Chamberlain are earning 150/180k a week.

Bobby leaves on a free at the end of this season, too.

We should've threw pure money around when we won the CL because that's when any club is in their highest position of strength where being the most attractive we can be to top players is concerned.

But we done this (I think):

Sepp van den Berg – PEC Zwolle – £1.3m
      Harvey Elliott – Fulham – Tribunal
      Adrian – West Ham – Free Transfer
      Andy Lonergan – Middlesbrough – Free Transfer

Also, I wouldnt have any other manager, but I can't let Jürgen get off completely scott free. Although Diaz is quality and Nunez may, also, turn out to be quality, Klopp has spent the little money that he has had available (when taking in to account the level of club that's he's managing) over the last season on those two - at least one CM with the money he spent there was 100% required.

FSG won the f**king lottery when they got Klopp, though. No manager will ever work the wonders like he has for them under the transfer restrictions he's had.

It's going to sh*t. Only way it doesn't is if we make very good signings in January and get the medical staff sorted.

I'm rat arsed so even if you don't agree with anything let it be said that there was effort 🙃
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #799: Oct 30, 2022 01:02:10 am
      I think he would out run any of our current midfielders, yes. It’s no longer a blip this, we have big problems so klopp needs to have a change around.

In my opinion having Konate (rcb), Gomez (rb) and Trent (rcm) is much more solid and has more balance than Gomez (rcb), Trent (rb) and Elliott (rcm). The latter is far too weak and it’s no coincidence why we constantly concede goals down that right hand side.

Mate, I don't get many games but after seeing Harvey, tonight...well, he looked quite weak to be honest
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #800: Oct 30, 2022 01:05:45 am
      Also, I was in Annie Road 127 and seen our very own legend El Batez a few rows down.

Didn't see me like as i was too far away for me to shout but if you read this, hope you're good, mate.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #801: Oct 30, 2022 01:07:57 am
      You got about four billion to buy us?

If not pipe the f**k down with the bi*ch arse crying about the owners.

I feel him though, Pete.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #802: Oct 30, 2022 01:14:17 am
      Henderson - went in the 6 rather than the 8 which is where we needed him. Didn’t do anything apart from 5 yard passes until he decided to have a 25 yard shot in injury time which hit some feller in block 304

😁 I laugh because, otherwise, I'd F***ing cry.

That pissed me right off
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #803: Oct 30, 2022 01:18:46 am
      Really lopsided balance to the team, robbo basically all alone on the left most of the night whilst on the right Trent, Harvey and mo. Really need to find the right balance and blend for the team. Not sure what the short term answer is. .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #804: Oct 30, 2022 01:29:00 am
      Really lopsided balance to the team, robbo basically all alone on the left most of the night whilst on the right Trent, Harvey and mo. Really need to find the right balance and blend for the team. Not sure what the short term answer is. .

Mate, I honestly now think it needs really astute signings. Lads who can hit the ground running or at least show that they're the real deal, quite quickly. A lot of this now falls on good business at this point, for me, now. This World Cup, that I've always hated the idea of, just can't come quickly enough.

Quick Reply