Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool : Sunday 6th Nov, 16.30

Read 4475 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool : Sunday 6th Nov, 16.30
      Nov 04, 2022 01:57:41 pm
      We certainly looked a lot better in the Napoli match and dare I say it more compact and difficult to play through, not sure if that was due to the nature of the match but I’m taking it as a positive sign.

Fab looked a lot more comfortable not having to cover acres of space so we should stick with the 433 system that the players are all used to playing.

Bonus of Son and Richarlison being out out so less of a chance of being hit on the break but obviously that’s to be seen with this LFC team!

Alisson, Trent, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Fab, Henderson, Thiago, Nunez, Bobby, Salah
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2022 02:36:22 pm by RedPuppy »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre Match : Tottenham v Liverpool : Sunday 6th Nov, 16.30
      Reply #1: Nov 04, 2022 02:50:42 pm
      We will smash these.

Up the reds
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2: Nov 04, 2022 03:09:41 pm
      Romero out as well who I rate. Henderson back in alongside Fab and Thiago . Ibou a must alongside VVD. Robbo back LB and Darwin to start . Not sure Bobby will start this maybe on bench
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3: Nov 04, 2022 03:43:03 pm
      This could be a very interesting game, Spurs can be inconsistant, or very good on their day. I just hope the Reds show up on Sunday, with Konate back in defence anything can happen, hopefully a win against the Spuds.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4: Nov 04, 2022 06:58:42 pm
      Alisson

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robertson

Henderson
      Thiago
      Fabinho

Nunez
      Bobby
      Mo
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Nov 04, 2022 07:08:10 pm
      They're on a high after getting into the last 16 in the C/L but they have also got some serious injury problems. I think it will be tight, tense game. Konte big plus but we need more energy from midfield. Our passing has been a bit off as well.

One other thing that has been hindering us this season is our movement off the ball. It makes a huge difference if you give options and we haven't done that very well. City's movement off the ball under Pep is nearly as good as Barca under Pep. We have to at least try to get near that standard. Instead of a throw in coach we should hire an 'off the ball' coach. It's vitally important in all areas of the pitch.

I'll be watching our moverment OTB very closely in this game, however I'm going for a win.

0-1.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6: Nov 04, 2022 08:23:24 pm
      Key to winning this is not going behind first in my opinion, this spurs team regardless of who is playing will be well drilled, therefore it is important we do not get caught napping at the back.

I have mentioned before we do not play our best with Fab by himself so would have him parterned with Thiago and give Elliot that wide right role to allow Salah to play more centrally. I prefer seeing Nunez through the middle also, but if he ended up wide I am sure I could cope.

Gomez hasn't had the best runs of late but I still think he will be the best choice for RB considering we need to be defensively on point to come away with a win for this game.             

Ali

Gomez           Konate         VVD            Robbo

Fab           Thiago 

Elliot                              Bobby

Salah      Nunez

Winning this game is a must for me in terms of top four, not just because of the points we will drop if we don't win but the potential impact it would have on the mentality of the team. Hopefully if we win this the team know top four is still well within our reach, lose this and I think heads may start to drop and the focus becomes solely on the CL.

Come on redmen!
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #7: Nov 04, 2022 09:05:58 pm
      Conte can turn any starting 11 into a bus. And he knows exactly where to park it.

We will need to take our chances and not get caught out on the counter.

However, I fancy a 3-1 win
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #8: Nov 04, 2022 09:42:34 pm
      Conte can turn any starting 11 into a bus. And he knows exactly where to park it.

We will need to take our chances and not get caught out on the counter.

However, I fancy a 3-1 win

I hope you mean 1-3 Bob 😊
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Nov 04, 2022 09:44:55 pm
      Key to winning this is not going behind first in my opinion, this spurs team regardless of who is playing will be well drilled, therefore it is important we do not get caught napping at the back.

I have mentioned before we do not play our best with Fab by himself so would have him parterned with Thiago and give Elliot that wide right role to allow Salah to play more centrally. I prefer seeing Nunez through the middle also, but if he ended up wide I am sure I could cope.

Gomez hasn't had the best runs of late but I still think he will be the best choice for RB considering we need to be defensively on point to come away with a win for this game.             

Ali

Gomez           Konate         VVD            Robbo

Fab           Thiago 

Elliot                              Bobby

Salah      Nunez

Winning this game is a must for me in terms of top four, not just because of the points we will drop if we don't win but the potential impact it would have on the mentality of the team. Hopefully if we win this the team know top four is still well within our reach, lose this and I think heads may start to drop and the focus becomes solely on the CL.

Come on redmen!

I would stick with Trent for this as we have lethal pace with Mo & Darwin and Trent can pick them out. Defensively he was better against Napoli so I think the Boss will stick with him. If Hendo is fit I think he will come in with Mo, Bobby & Darwin.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #10: Nov 04, 2022 10:38:19 pm
      Back to the tried and tested 4-3-3 for this one I suspect, we certainly much more compact in midweek and klopp has been talking about being harder to play against. We simply have to score first though given our shocking away form this season.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #11: Nov 04, 2022 11:55:12 pm
      Really don't like Tottenham...Kane...sonny ...Conte...Horrible fans
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Nov 05, 2022 08:18:16 am
                                Allison
                Trent  Konate  Virgil  Robbo
                        Hendo   Bajcetic 
                  Salah     Bobby    Thiago
                               Nunez

Bench; Kells, Kostas, Gomez, Harv, Carv, Ox, Ramsey, clark, Fabinho, McMahon,

Good win V a very good side in Napoli, not many seen us winning that and no cnut seen us outplay the Fraudsters with almost every f***in tw*t pundit havin us beat before a ball was kicked,

Spuds @ Spud’s gaffe will be no different, most will have us being stuffed, boiled, mashed, roasted or fried, they will chip away at us all day and hope we get skinned,
      See what I did there ? 😁

They’ll miss the ‘Dog Eater’ like we’ll miss Diaz & Jota and that is a huge loss for them, we’ve had a few games now without either so perhaps it’s not as bad of a impact,

No doubt Conte will have them set up to control midfield and that’s a major issue for us, we need legs in there but we’ll also need experience so Hendo in for both and to cover for Trent, Thiago is a shoe in and we should have this fella cloned during the World Cup, the legs come from young Stefan Bajcetic, throwing him in at the deep end he’ll learn very quickly what is required but he’ll be surrounded  by a world of experience and I think this young lad won’t be fazed at all,

Bobby was slightly off kilter V Napoli so hopefully he’s back on song for this one, we’ll need him at his bamboozling best, want to see him do his tricks N flicks and creating havoc, I was impressed with how Mo & Nunez seem to have a good understanding and with Bobby & Thiago behind them joining the dots, we have two players who see passes other’s don’t and two more who will find/create spaces for them two to run into,

Spuds away is never easy but I can’t help but think we’ll smash N grab and take the points.  This could be a belter !!

2-3 Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2022 08:51:10 am by billythered »
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13: Nov 05, 2022 01:06:32 pm
      Really don't like Tottenham...Kane...sonny ...Conte...Horrible fans

There are 7 London based teams in the Premier league. On a list of dislikes I'd go:

Spurs
      Arsenal
      Chelsea
      Crystal Palace
      West Ham
      Fulham
      Brentford

Player wise...Kane...he's dirty swine on the QT...bit of a diver as well.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 05, 2022 01:16:16 pm
      Ally
      Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
      Hendo Fab Thiago
      Salah Bob Nunez

Defend first. Joe instead of TAA.
      Start Hendo, need the experience, dont need this passing Elliot or Jones by.
      Konate important, makes a big diff when starting.
      Front 3 pick themselves. Havent been impressed with Nunez, but options are slim. Need Mo to continue his resurgence.
      Play Bob in the middle of the front three, and go back to a 433 formation.
      Beat Citeh and Napoli, loose to Forest and Leeds. This is anyone's guess.
      COYRs !!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Nov 05, 2022 01:42:15 pm
      Ally
      Gomez Konate VVD Robbo
      Hendo Fab Thiago
      Salah Bob Nunez

Defend first. Joe instead of TAA.
      Start Hendo, need the experience, dont need this passing Elliot or Jones by.
      Konate important, makes a big diff when starting.
      Front 3 pick themselves. Havent been impressed with Nunez, but options are slim. Need Mo to continue his resurgence.
      Play Bob in the middle of the front three, and go back to a 433 formation.
      Beat Citeh and Napoli, loose to Forest and Leeds. This is anyone's guess.
      COYRs !!!

Nunez outscored Haaland last season in numbers and goals per minute. Yes he's had a iffy start but plenty are impressed. Klopp included.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Nov 05, 2022 02:01:59 pm
      Nunez outscored Haaland last season in numbers and goals per minute. Yes he's had a iffy start but plenty are impressed. Klopp included.

Does he start if Diaz or Jota fit, possibly not.
      Either way, obviously everyone wants him to do well.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #17: Nov 05, 2022 02:33:00 pm
      Enough is enough, Conte is their manager, a miserable weird pleb, lets wreck them, I've had enough of us being weaklings and all excuses about OooO last season was so harrowing with the cup lifting because it was long. If the players don't do the job there in their fancy little toilet stadium then I have to watch this fake world cup and give a crap about who or what?
      Get them beat LFC ffs.
      Nunez from the start, get them wrecked. Can't stand Spurs and Conte, Do it.
      This last season was so long crap does my head in too, fuuu off.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #18: Nov 05, 2022 05:33:44 pm
      Couldn’t give a toss about conte one way or the other, but that diving cheating dirty f**ker Kane. FFS why hasn’t anyone busted that horrible f**ker before now defeats me.
      Let’s batter these wankers.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #19: Nov 05, 2022 06:09:43 pm
      Couldn’t give a toss about conte one way or the other, but that diving cheating dirty f**ker Kane. FFS why hasn’t anyone busted that horrible f**ker before now defeats me.
      Let’s batter these wankers.
      Agree with every single word
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #20: Nov 05, 2022 06:45:33 pm
      Ok ... I'm going to throw a wildcard in here.

Alisson

Ramsay        Konate            Virgil        Robertson

Henderson    Fabinho     Thiago

Firmino
                            Salah                   Nunez

I'm going to start Ramsay. I think he can give us 60 minutes. Big call but I want to see what this kid can do and we will learn more here than we will against Derby. He couldn't do any worse than what we've seen at rb.

Bob in behind Mo and Darwin in a 4 3 1 2 ... but can be a 433 as well.

I did toy with nunez through the middle and Jones left as he did OK against napoli. But ive got him on the bench.

This may be a good time to play Spurs ... but they've got a good spirit under conte and we will have to turn up for the whole game to have a chance of getting something.

Salah
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Nov 05, 2022 06:55:23 pm
      Something about these games, kind of bring out the North-South divide. Smug arrogant Southerners even if they are managed by Conte. Goes beyond the game a little bit. All that 'leveling up' bull and the patronising 'Northern Power House' waffle.

This is football but these games just add that bit extra. Conceited jumped up Kane just kind of typifies the feeling...mmm...yeah..ta ke that you creep..
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #22: Nov 05, 2022 07:03:22 pm
      Something about these games, kind of bring out the North-South divide. Smug arrogant Southerners even if they are managed by Conte. Goes beyond the game a little bit. All that 'leveling up' bull and the patronising 'Northern Power House' waffle.

This is football but these games just add that bit extra. Conceited jumped up Kane just kind of typifies the feeling...mmm...yeah..ta ke that you creep..

Prey a gust of wind doesn't go near big arry tomorrow ... that donkey will be down faster than kdb. Still haven't got over his leg breaker on Robertson they just quickly brushed over last season.

Quick Reply