Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.3%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      12 (16%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.7%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      1 (1.3%)
      Harvey Elliott
      1 (1.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      51 (68%)
      Darwin Núñez
      7 (9.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2022 06:21:01 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 9277 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Nov 06, 2022 06:30:26 pm
      Ali took a forearm smash and was close to MOTM. Konate again strong. VVD improving but I went for Mo. Under the cosh this season but put 2 away and worked hard all the game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #346: Nov 06, 2022 06:31:35 pm
      Mo was the difference but from what I saw Konate was a rock at the back and a day where Ali didn't look his best, he was confident in a tackle and in the air.

Nunez looked like he understood his role on the left a lot better and got his decision making right today, nice assist too.

Trent will continuously be targeted it seems, but having Konate there can only help him out. Hopefully he doesn't rely on him bailing him out too much.

First half of what I saw we looked like the Liverpool of old, the second half was more consistent with what we have been used to, but think Klopp got the subs right ensuring we made it compact and difficult in the middle. 

Top four is going to be a challenge but we can do this, come on redmen!

YNWA
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #347: Nov 06, 2022 06:31:53 pm
      United away at Fulham and Newcastle playing Chelsea so 3 points against Southampton could see us gain some ground before the circus starts.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #348: Nov 06, 2022 06:33:41 pm
      Huge win . Performance levels not near what used to but getting 3pts down there is massive. Need to finish strongly against Southampton
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #349: Nov 06, 2022 06:34:10 pm
      Much like the win vs City?  ;)

It's consistency that is our problem. No effort against the smaller teams has cost us dear.

Thanks Mr. Wet Blanket. You must be fun at parties.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #350: Nov 06, 2022 06:37:48 pm
      Absolutely infuriating beating City at home and Spurs away, and then losing to Forest away and Leeds at home.

Madness.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #351: Nov 06, 2022 06:39:42 pm
      Thought Elliot was superb in the first half and Fabinho showing signs of his form getting better

Nunez played well , Bobby on the edges

Thiago not one of his better games
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #352: Nov 06, 2022 06:39:44 pm
      As long as we got the three points then I'm happy  haha  :scarf:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #353: Nov 06, 2022 06:41:05 pm
      The stick Salah got was always a bit odd to me. As I said at the times he's more on the fringe of games now but he is popping up with decisive and crucial moments.

In a game of football which was basically Mo v Kane who could win the match for their side, Mo came out on top.

The final whistle couldn't come soon enough there. The age and depth of this squad has to be a concern. Klopp very limited what he can do with the options off the bench.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #354: Nov 06, 2022 06:42:34 pm
      Got the score right on the prediction for once .... every dog has its day eh.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #355: Nov 06, 2022 06:43:32 pm
      Absolutely infuriating beating City at home and Spurs away, and then losing to Forest away and Leeds at home.

Madness.

It is mate...there's nothing we can do though now but to look forward and go for that 4th spot after the World Cup, let's go for that 4th place and don't forget Jürgen said book your hotels so we'll have a CL to win.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #356: Nov 06, 2022 06:49:24 pm
      Reckon ibou could wrestle Godzilla
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #357: Nov 06, 2022 06:56:20 pm
      Great win especially with that midfield
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #358: Nov 06, 2022 06:56:58 pm
      Went with Konate for man of the match.  Salah the obvious TV pundit choice for the goals but I thought Nunez worked exceptionally hard and he would have been my second choice.

Three points against Southampton next week and we can at least go in to the big break with some optimism for the second half.  Going to be a miserable five weeks if we mess up against them.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #359: Nov 06, 2022 07:06:29 pm
      Get the F**k in!
      Thought we were all over them first half and thought we’d run away with it. When we sit back and try to defend that’s when we start making more mistakes and look a bit shaky. Not complaining though and a massive win.
      Nunez is going to be top notch and reminds me of a slower starting Torres who had a certain Gerrard to supply him. Big K was quality and get in Mo 🎉
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #360: Nov 06, 2022 07:10:00 pm
      Good result, needed 3 points and the table looks a lot better tonight. Looks like City and Arsenal are going to be 1 and 2 (didn't see that happening 3 months ago) and we will be competing for the champions league places. Spurs looked very average and Man U, Chelsea and Newcastle aren't great either. A decent run of wins with less injuries after WC and we should climb the table ok.

Big respect to Konate. If we can keep this lad fit for 50+ games a season for the next 3+ years we could have the best CB in the world. I think we can all see that Virgil is past his best. I'm not saying he's finished (looked a bit better today) but Konate can be the rock at the back of the next generation. He covered for Trent a lot today which is ok, Trent has a big role in our future and Konate can help him fulfil his role in the team.

I thought Elliot looked good in first half, our best midfielder. It's possible that him, Trent and Konate could develop a good understanding on the right side. Difficult to know for sure after today because Spurs sat back so much.

Mo looks like he's getting back to his best, the player we had before Afcon.

I thought Nunez was ok on the left, he showed he can have discipline and positional awareness. But I think he's better in the centre, more dangerous when he's making those short 5-10 yard sprints to make space and get a shot or header at goal. He's starting to gel nicely with Mo.

Consistency, Consistency, Consistency. We need to beat Southampton and go on a good run after WC.
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2022 07:36:00 pm by gazred »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #361: Nov 06, 2022 07:10:30 pm
      Went with Konate for man of the match.  Salah the obvious TV pundit choice for the goals but I thought Nunez worked exceptionally hard and he would have been my second choice.

Three points against Southampton next week and we can at least go in to the big break with some optimism for the second half.  Going to be a miserable five weeks if we mess up against them.

Konate back is huge. TAAs slip ups get bailed out with regularity now. Robbo was huge again today, excellent on both sides again. Salah finding top form. Big win
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #362: Nov 06, 2022 07:16:53 pm
      Biggest win of the season  So Far

United and Chelsea lose also

7 points from Top4 with game in hand

2nd half of season we have 24 games to make it up....no problem )))
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #363: Nov 06, 2022 07:19:49 pm
      Thought we were lucky to win that. We were very good fro the first 20 minutes, got our goal, and then just immediately dropped our level. Spurs gifted us a second to make the first half look one-sided, but they hit the woodwork twice in the first half and it was actually a pretty even  half. The second half they were far better than us and again hit the woodwork etc. It's a great result but it really wasn't a great performance.

Still trying to make my mind up how much our lack of control of games is down to the mental side or the physical. The way we just dropped down so quickly after the first goal shows again that it is at least partly psychological. Again and again this season we have got complacent and started taking it easy in games where we think we're going to win. That, for me, is why we have upped our game for the big occasions, and then been flat against poorer teams. Today we showed them we were the better team for 20 minutes, got our goal, and then thought job done and started coasting.

That said, by the end of the match we looked physically pretty fu**ed as well, so I'm still not sure how much it is the one thing or the other.
      I know it's a bit of a negative post after a very good result, but I'm trying to look beyond the results and be honest about our performances and I genuinely thought that (first 20 minutes apart) that was very much in line with most of our performances this season, and didn't really show that we have turned a corner yet.

On a positive note, thought Nunez, Salah, and Konate all played well. Harvey was decent as well (surprised he was the midfielder who came off).
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #364: Nov 06, 2022 07:27:52 pm

Madness.

Thanks Mr. Wet Blanket. You must be fun at parties.

See what I did there..

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #365: Nov 06, 2022 07:28:48 pm
      Nice to see Mo rediscovering, his goal scoring touch, with a couple of well taken goals. Great to have Konate back in defence. Hope we can beat Southampton next week, before the WC break.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #366: Nov 06, 2022 08:00:39 pm
      Nice to see Mo rediscovering, his goal scoring touch, with a couple of well taken goals. Great to have Konate back in defence. Hope we can beat Southampton next week, before the WC break.

14 goals this season already - massive
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #367: Nov 06, 2022 08:02:55 pm
      Brilliant.  Up the reds

Quick Reply